Naruto: Ultimate Legends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

DC Genesis

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 13 ... 23, 24, 25 ... 32 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
Nyrax123
Kage
Kage
Nyrax123

DC Genesis - Page 24 Empty
PostSubject: Re: DC Genesis   DC Genesis - Page 24 EmptyMon Dec 17, 2012 10:16 pm

The nurse glanced up as Rose spoke. She was quick to look up the information, glancing through a book as she read the names to herself. Finally she found it and glanced up. "Third floor, B wing, room 309. There are some officers up there. Apparently there was a bad accident and they're keeping him under protection to make sure nothing else happens to him. You'll have to speak to the officers to receive permission to see him," the woman informed them.

It wouldn't be long till they made their way upstairs, they would see the room easily enough with how many cops were surrounding it. As they approached one of them quickly came over and gave Jordan a hug. "Don't worry honey, your daddy is gonna be just fine, the doctors say there will barely be any scars even," he said before standing up.

Jordan returned the hug easily before looking to Rose. "This is Officer Resse, he's a good friend of the family and of Dad specifically. He's the one that called," she explained.

The officer turned to Rose and gave a small nod. "Clint's talked about you, he seems to have a high opinion of you. I'm sure if he was awake he'd be thankful that you got Jordan down here...but where's Nea-"

"Right here," Neal said as he suddenly ran up from the side and was now on the right of Jordan. HE quickly shook Reese's hand before looking to the room. "Can we see him really quickly? We only need a moment with him."

Reese glanced back at the room where another officer gave him a quick nod. "Alright, they were going to perform an operation on him..and he's not exactly awake. But if you're up for it I'm certain you can go and see him."

"Perfect," Neal said before leaning down and whispering something to Jordan. She gave a small nod as she looked to her brother. Neal quickly turned to Rose. "You can come in as well if you like, but if you don't we'll just be a few minutes."
Back to top Go down
Kenji
Kage
Kage
Kenji

PostSubject: Re: DC Genesis   DC Genesis - Page 24 EmptyMon Dec 17, 2012 11:41 pm

Rose Wilson

"I'll just wait here for now," Rose said, folding her arms over her chest. "You two go on ahead." She waited patiently until Neal and Jordan had disappeared into their father's hospital room, then slowly looked over to Officer Reese. She didn't say anything at first, but eventually she took in a small breath and asked, "So... who's the bastard that shot him?"
Back to top Go down
Nyrax123
Kage
Kage
Nyrax123

PostSubject: Re: DC Genesis   DC Genesis - Page 24 EmptyTue Dec 18, 2012 2:26 am

"Honestly? We have no idea," Reese admitted as he looked over at Rose. "There are men on the scene trying to see if they have any idea....but this one stung us good. Clint's one of four men that survived the ordeal, a lot more good men lost their lives in what went down tonight," he said in a hushed voice so that only Rose would be able to hear it. "All of the officers injured received a call, big stakes drug bust...but it was a trap. When they arrived there they came under attack. One man made the call before he was shot down, it was a planned massacre."

"Don't worry though, we don't let our own down. A lot of good men died tonight, and we are going to catch the son of a bitch that did this. I'll make sure he winds up behind bars for the rest of his life."
Back to top Go down
Kenji
Kage
Kage
Kenji

PostSubject: Re: DC Genesis   DC Genesis - Page 24 EmptyTue Dec 18, 2012 12:17 pm

Rose Wilson

Rose frowned slightly, glancing down at the floor. Someone had phoned in a fake drug deal just to lure a bunch of cops together to shoot them all? What kind of psycho was this lunatic? Normally, she wouldn't worry so much about it, but this was different... Clint wasn't her father like he was Neal and Jordan, but he was still the closest thing she had to one, and she did like him... he cared about her, as miraculous as that was. Just thinking about how some asshole could have killed him tonight... it made her angry. Really angry.

"So a guy shoots a bunch of cops, kills some of them, and you just want to settle for putting him behind bars?" she said, glaring up at the officer. "Sounds like better than he deserves."
Back to top Go down
Nyrax123
Kage
Kage
Nyrax123

PostSubject: Re: DC Genesis   DC Genesis - Page 24 EmptyTue Dec 18, 2012 6:27 pm

"Hey kid, watch it," Reese said as he looked back down at Rose. "I may want the bastard dead more than you do, but I'm still a Gotham City Police Officer, we stand for something here. The bastard will be caught and the judge will decide what's best for him," Reese said as he crossed his arms and leaned back against the wall that was behind him. "Don't worry, we'll get him soon enough. Whoever he is, he won't be able to avoid the entire GCPD."
Back to top Go down
Kenji
Kage
Kage
Kenji

PostSubject: Re: DC Genesis   DC Genesis - Page 24 EmptyTue Dec 18, 2012 6:31 pm

Rose Wilson

"Hmph, whatever," Rose muttered, with a small shrug. "Just saying what you're all thinking." Without giving the officer another look, she walked away from him and made her way down the hall, towards the vending machines near the elevators. She proceeded to ignore everything else except for the glowing buttons on the machine, even if she didn't actually have any cash on her at the moment to buy anything.
Back to top Go down
Nyrax123
Kage
Kage
Nyrax123

PostSubject: Re: DC Genesis   DC Genesis - Page 24 EmptyTue Dec 18, 2012 6:41 pm

"Want two dollars to buy a cookie?" Neal said in a joking voice as he showed up right next to Rose. Apparently his visit hadn't taken him long. Jordan was back talking to Reese right now, but Neal had come forward to speak to Rose apparently. "Don't worry, he's going to be just fine," Neal said as he was speaking with a very confident smile. Given the nature of what had happened he didn't seem to be worried at all anymore. It was quite strange, especially given the level of panic that Neal was in originally.
Back to top Go down
Kenji
Kage
Kage
Kenji

PostSubject: Re: DC Genesis   DC Genesis - Page 24 EmptyTue Dec 18, 2012 6:44 pm

Rose Wilson

"I'm actually not even that hungry," she said, continuing to stare at the buttons. She didn't really seem to be interested so much in the food inside the machine as she was just the glowing lights on it. A few moments later, she looked over to Neal finally. "So he's gonna be fine? That's good..." She turned away again, letting out a small sigh. "You seem pretty aloof, though, considering."
Back to top Go down
Nyrax123
Kage
Kage
Nyrax123

PostSubject: Re: DC Genesis   DC Genesis - Page 24 EmptyTue Dec 18, 2012 6:48 pm

"I just know something you don't, that's all," Neal remarked as he glanced over to where his sister was. "They're not even going to need to perform surgery on him, his wounds won't require it anymore," he admitted before turning back over to Rose. "Afraid I'm going to have your forgiveness again, but there's something that I haven't told you yet....about this family."
Back to top Go down
Kenji
Kage
Kage
Kenji

PostSubject: Re: DC Genesis   DC Genesis - Page 24 EmptyTue Dec 18, 2012 6:50 pm

Rose Wilson

"Not... going to need the surgery?" Rose repeated, lifting an eyebrow at him in surprise. His wounds wouldn't require it anymore? The fuck was that supposed to mean? She looked at him a long time before finally crossing her arms over her chest and shifting her gaze into a hard glare. "Neal... the hell is going on?"
Back to top Go down
Nyrax123
Kage
Kage
Nyrax123

PostSubject: Re: DC Genesis   DC Genesis - Page 24 EmptyTue Dec 18, 2012 6:56 pm

Neal knew that he shouldn't find this as amusing as he did, but it was fun to see Rose get frustrated like this. Still, he supposed that he trusted her enough to know now. "You assume that I was the only one in my family with any sort of a gift, mainly because I didn't tell you that there was anyone else," he said as his eyes moved and drifted over to where Jordan was talking to Reese still. "Jordan's like me. She's gifted, she can use her powers to heal and close wounds though. I made her promise to never use it unless someone was going to die, or if any of us were hurt. It's been close to a year since she last had to use her power."
Back to top Go down
Kenji
Kage
Kage
Kenji

PostSubject: Re: DC Genesis   DC Genesis - Page 24 EmptyTue Dec 18, 2012 7:00 pm

Rose Wilson

"Wait, so she can just... heal people?" Rose said, furrowing her brow. How did that even work, anyway? Self healing, like her own accelerated regeneration, she got. But stuff like projecting that onto someone else? That just plain confused her. "What, is she like magic or something? How does that... you know what, never mind. I don't even care." She uttered a long breath, then brought a hand to her forehead. "This has been one really weird day..." A second later, she looked up at Neal again and asked, "So... why did she have to use it before?"
Back to top Go down
Nyrax123
Kage
Kage
Nyrax123

PostSubject: Re: DC Genesis   DC Genesis - Page 24 EmptyTue Dec 18, 2012 7:05 pm

"We don't know to be honest," Neal explained despite the fact that Rose lost interest. "She's just been able to do it for a long time. I first noticed it when we were younger. She accidentally cut herself and before I could even blink she made the injury go away. She didn't know I was watching, so now we keep each other's secrets," he added before glancing over at Rose once again. When she asked about the last time that Jordan used her power Neal grew a little quiet. "It was for Reese actually," Neal admitted as he looked to the officer Jordan was talking to. "He was near a car bomb when it went off, so Jordan stepped in to make sure that he'd survive. The doctors still refer to himself as a walking miracle," he admitted with a small laugh.

"I'm sorry for not telling you, but I try to make Jordan use her power as little as possible."
Back to top Go down
Kenji
Kage
Kage
Kenji

PostSubject: Re: DC Genesis   DC Genesis - Page 24 EmptyTue Dec 18, 2012 7:16 pm

Rose Wilson

"Huh," Rose muttered, as she glanced back over to Officer Reese. Funny how these things seemed to work out. "Well, whatever. It was a secret." She shrugged a little, then went back to staring at the vending machine. "Not like you're not allowed to have secrets. I have secrets, too, you know. I'm just glad you dad's going to be okay... I actually kinda like him, you know?"
Back to top Go down
Nyrax123
Kage
Kage
Nyrax123

PostSubject: Re: DC Genesis   DC Genesis - Page 24 EmptyTue Dec 18, 2012 7:18 pm

"Yeah, I can tell," Neal said as he leaned against the nearest wall and looked over at Rose. "But now you know, and I'm sure that Jordan doesn't mind. Don't worry though, I haven't told her about anything that you can do," Neal added in case Rose was concerned how easily Neal was passing out the information. He wasn't any rat after all. "He likes you too you know, he always gets worried about you when you're out late or when you don't come home for dinner. He's always looking at his phone."
Back to top Go down
Kenji
Kage
Kage
Kenji

PostSubject: Re: DC Genesis   DC Genesis - Page 24 EmptyTue Dec 18, 2012 7:29 pm

Rose Wilson

Rose smiled ever so slightly at Neal's statement. She glanced down towards the floor and took in a deep breath, shaking her head slowly. "It's weird, you know. Your dad cares more about me than my dad ever did. To him, I was just... a tool. More or less. He never gave a damn about who I was as a person, not the way your dad does."
Back to top Go down
Nyrax123
Kage
Kage
Nyrax123

PostSubject: Re: DC Genesis   DC Genesis - Page 24 EmptyTue Dec 18, 2012 7:32 pm

"That's because my dad sees the good in you and the real value you have I guess," Neal said with a tiny shrug as he thought about what Rose said. He knew that Rose's life wasn't quite ideal, but he could only imagine what kind of stuff she had to go through. It must have been hard to have a father that treated you as a weapon and made it an order for you to kill people. Neal had it lucky in comparison to Rose, even without his mother.

"Ya know, when my dad wakes up I bet that he'd love to hear you say that," Neal admitted as he looked over at Rose. "You don't have to though, but I bet it would already start making him feel better."
Back to top Go down
Kenji
Kage
Kage
Kenji

PostSubject: Re: DC Genesis   DC Genesis - Page 24 EmptyTue Dec 18, 2012 7:36 pm

Rose Wilson

"To hear what? That my dad was a sack of shit?" Rose said, with a small chuckle. "Somehow I doubt that would really help the recovery process. He already knows about... well, the whole caring thing, you know. We've... already had some talks." Yeah, that was right. She and Neal's dad had 'talks'. She purposefully didn't elaborate, just to make Neal sweat.
Back to top Go down
Nyrax123
Kage
Kage
Nyrax123

PostSubject: Re: DC Genesis   DC Genesis - Page 24 EmptyTue Dec 18, 2012 7:38 pm

Neal's face suddenly went down as Rose revealed that she and his father had already been talking about various things. Wait, how did Neal not know about this? What had they possibly talked about? Oh god, had they had more conversations about sex and all that? "Rose....what exactly did you talk to my dad about?" he asked as his eyes stayed fixed on Rose. He wasn't quite sweating yet, but it didn't look like he was far from it.
Back to top Go down
Kenji
Kage
Kage
Kenji

PostSubject: Re: DC Genesis   DC Genesis - Page 24 EmptyTue Dec 18, 2012 7:40 pm

Rose Wilson

"Oh, you know... life, emotions, our feelings and boring things like that," she said, lying through her teeth. Well, mostly lying, anyway. Also just trying to make Neal even more nervous. "Talk about the city, his job, the creeps he's put away, you, safe sex practices. Nothing interesting."
Back to top Go down
Nyrax123
Kage
Kage
Nyrax123

PostSubject: Re: DC Genesis   DC Genesis - Page 24 EmptyTue Dec 18, 2012 7:43 pm

Neal could have sworn that he was beginning to feel his eye twitch with what was happening. It was all fine and dandy until that last thing came up. "God it's like my dad is trying to make me shoot myself one day," Neal muttered. "I always knew that if a situation like this came up that he would just go out of his way to make me look bad," he said as he looked over to Rose. "PLEASE tell me that you're joking."
Back to top Go down
Kenji
Kage
Kage
Kenji

PostSubject: Re: DC Genesis   DC Genesis - Page 24 EmptyTue Dec 18, 2012 7:48 pm

Rose Wilson

Rose merely shrugged at his question, turning away from him and focusing on the vending machine again, as if taking an intense interest in the cookies within. "I don't know... am I?"
Back to top Go down
Nyrax123
Kage
Kage
Nyrax123

PostSubject: Re: DC Genesis   DC Genesis - Page 24 EmptyTue Dec 18, 2012 8:09 pm

Neal just narrowed his eyes as Rose made her single comment. "I hate you sometimes," Neal said before letting out a small laugh and looking over at Rose and holding her smile. "At any rate, they need to keep him here for the night it seems. So you, Jordan, and I can head home at any time really. He's going to be alright."
Back to top Go down
Kenji
Kage
Kage
Kenji

PostSubject: Re: DC Genesis   DC Genesis - Page 24 EmptyWed Dec 19, 2012 12:20 am

Rose Wilson

Rose uttered another long sigh, nodding a little. "Yeah, that's good... that he's going to be alright, I mean, not that we can go home." Clearing her throat, she straightened herself and turned back to him. "You should probably take Jordan with you, I don't think she wants to ride on the back of my bike again--it's freezing out. Anyway, when we get home... I don't know, guess we'll eat. And then discuss possible guys for that threesome." She gave him a little smirk, hands shoving into her pockets.
Back to top Go down
Nyrax123
Kage
Kage
Nyrax123

PostSubject: Re: DC Genesis   DC Genesis - Page 24 EmptyWed Dec 19, 2012 4:42 am

"Can't say I blame her. Even in her jacket she must have been freezing," Neal pointed out as he waved to Jordan to come on. The girl said a goodbye to Reese before beginning to walk over. As she did though Neal leaned closer to Rose. "Dinner and we can talk about the other guy, but there's also something a bit more important that we need to discuss," he said before giving a small nod. He wasn't going to elaborate here, not with Jordan so close.

"Now than, guess we'll see you back home Rose," Neal said before turning and leading Jordan down the halls and stairways back to his car. They'd be home within fifteen minutes and putting the Chinese food on the table.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: DC Genesis   DC Genesis - Page 24 Empty

Back to top Go down

DC Genesis
Page 24 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 13 ... 23, 24, 25 ... 32 ... 40  Next