Naruto: Ultimate Legends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

DC Genesis

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 13 ... 22, 23, 24 ... 31 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
Kenji
Kage
Kage
Kenji

DC Genesis - Page 23 Empty
PostSubject: Re: DC Genesis   DC Genesis - Page 23 EmptySat Dec 15, 2012 8:35 pm

Rose Wilson

"You didn't need to kill him!" Rose countered, taking a step back and running her hands through her hair. "Like, fuck, guys like that are on the bottom of the food chain on who deserves to die. And he had a knife, Zoe. A knife. You could have just shot him in the leg or something, you didn't need to pop two center mass! Or shit I could have have disarmed him in about half a second, or- or something. Just... not that."

She took a few steps to the side, starting to pace back and forth. "For all we know that could have been someone's father just trying to get money for his kids to eat at night. It's not like he was some rapist selling women into slavery or something!" Flashes of Mac went through her head, the things she had done to him... she knew she was the last person to be ranting about morality, but what Zoe had just done... well, it was fucking cold.

"And no, no I don't know what you've been through," Rose continued. "Just like you don't know what I've been through, so don't presume to make judgement about me, either. Whatever you've been through, it can't warrant being judge, jury, and executioner to anyone who makes a mistake. I know, I've been there before, and it's a dark, dirty, disgusting path. But you don't have to stay on it."
Back to top Go down
Nyrax123
Kage
Kage
Nyrax123

PostSubject: Re: DC Genesis   DC Genesis - Page 23 EmptySat Dec 15, 2012 8:43 pm

"Suppose you're right on that account, but I'm tired of the indulgence of society's understanding being the reason that people get off when justice needs to be given," Zoe said as her eyes stayed steady with Rose's. There wasn't anger or hatred in her eyes, no, rather it was pain. Whatever pain it was from Rose couldn't tell, obviously it wasn't from killing the man that had just threatened him. She made it very clear that she wanted him dead, and she got what she wanted.

"And for the record I don't give a damn what his motivations are. It's his actions that determine who that man was. He was a thief and a man willing to threaten two girls to get money, meaning as far as I'm concerned he's a fucking piece of shit." Zoe got quiet for a moment before reaching up and lightly rubbing her eyes. It would be hard to see, but Rose's eye would notice that Zoe was wiping away a single tear that was coming to her face. "I'm sorry....I'm angry and I'm taking it out on you. That's not fair," she said before reaching in to her jacket and feeling around for something.

Eventually, she pulled out a folded piece of paper and slowly opened it up. As she held it up for Rose to see, she would see a young and beautiful woman, and right next to her was Zoe. "This was mother, just two years ago. She was happy, healthy, everything that I could have ever hoped she would be," Zoe said as she pushed the picture closer so that Rose would get a good look at who they were. "And do you know what happened to her? She was walking home from the store one day when some bastard put three bullets in her head. Was it a mugging? Some sort of personal revenge? No, none of that. He did it because he was paid to," Zoe said under her breath as she took the picture back and put it back in her jacket.

"They did it because of what my father did to him. They did it because of what he took away from them."
Back to top Go down
Kenji
Kage
Kage
Kenji

PostSubject: Re: DC Genesis   DC Genesis - Page 23 EmptySat Dec 15, 2012 8:51 pm

Rose Wilson

There was so much... more that Rose wanted to say to Zoe. So much more that she wanted to yell, to throw in her face... but it wouldn't have done any good. Nothing she could think of would make a difference to Zoe, most likely. Instead, she listened quietly to Zoe's continued explanations, and finally looking at the picture of her mother that she pulled out of her pocket. Folding her arms, Rose glanced at the ground and took in a deep breath before closing her eyes.

"Look, I'm sorry about your mom," she said, tapping her fingers gently against her arm. At least Zoe actually had a picture of her mom, though. Rose wasn't that lucky. "But the fact remains that you can't just... go around killing whoever you feel like. You might see it as putting down someone who you think deserved it, but do you know how I see it, looking at it from the outside? I see a girl who just murdered a man in cold blood. I've killed people before, too, Zoe, if we're being honest. I don't like that I have, but it's true... and it's not the people like the guy who you just gunned down that I've killed. It's the cold blooded murderers."
Back to top Go down
Nyrax123
Kage
Kage
Nyrax123

PostSubject: Re: DC Genesis   DC Genesis - Page 23 EmptySun Dec 16, 2012 3:06 am

"It's funny how everyone has their own way of justifying their actions isn't it?" Zoe remarked as she pulled her coat tighter around herself. She hated conversations like this, why couldn't they just go and get their scones and hot chocolate? Why couldn't they just have had a nice and quiet day? It had gone so well so far only to come crashing down around them. Zoe took another hard breath as she glanced up at Rose. "I didn't look for him, he found me and threatened the two of us. And to be honest Rose, I don't really care what anyone thinks of me."

After this she just put on a small smile as her eyes locked with Rose. That look in her eyes was almost frightening to Rose now that she saw it in light of these events. The experience behind them was now made clear as to what it really was. She slowly looked down at her hand that had pulled the trigger, and both of them could see just how badly it was shaking now.

"You said that you got off this path...you make it sound like you were once like me and you changed. Tell me....how did you do it?" Zoe asked as she looked towards Rose, the tears starting to form again. "I know that I'm sick...but I don't know what to do. Part of me feels like I was born to do this, but at the same time I hate it and I don't know what to do...so how did you do it? How did you ever stop?"
Back to top Go down
Kenji
Kage
Kage
Kenji

PostSubject: Re: DC Genesis   DC Genesis - Page 23 EmptySun Dec 16, 2012 6:37 am

Rose Wilson

Rose flinched slightly when she saw the look in Zoe's eyes. The pain in them was unmistakable, but more than that they were mixed with desperation and regret, a look that Rose knew all too well--she had seen it in the mirror countless times. She remained quiet for a moment, exhaling and staring back at the ground. She noticed the girl's trembling hands, too, jittery without being able to stop. She had had that same kind of nervous twitching before, as well... seemed like so long ago. Finally, she looked back up at Zoe and gave her a sympathetic look, no more judging.

"I was like you, for a while," she said. "And I did manage to stop... mostly by running from the source of my problems. Was my dad that... well, he's the one who put me on that path. I didn't want to be on it anymore so I ran away and never looked back. But more than that, you have to have the willingness to change... which you do, so that's something. You just... you have to remember that killing isn't the only answer, and seldom the right one. Feels strange hearing myself say that out loud, but it's true. It's... a last resort, and you can't ever forget that. If you do have to kill someone... save it for the real monsters."
Back to top Go down
Nyrax123
Kage
Kage
Nyrax123

PostSubject: Re: DC Genesis   DC Genesis - Page 23 EmptySun Dec 16, 2012 12:34 pm

"You say it like it's so easy," Zoe said with a weak laugh as she looked over at Rose. "I've been doing this ever since my mother died. My father wanted me to learn how to protect myself. One day some men really did attack me and I was able to put them down before they even landed a single hit on me...it felt so good to not be weak, to take them down before they even touched me," the girl added as she once again seemed to clutch her jacket tighter around her body.

"My dad isn't the problem. He taught me how to shoot the gun, but I've the one that's been using them ever since," Zoe added before leaning back against the nearby wall. "I'm scared that I'm just some insane person. Some days it really bothers me...and some days I really just don't care about whoever I kill," she uttered weakly. "It scares me, not knowing what's going on in my own head."
Back to top Go down
Kenji
Kage
Kage
Kenji

PostSubject: Re: DC Genesis   DC Genesis - Page 23 EmptySun Dec 16, 2012 2:28 pm

Rose Wilson

Oh boy, she had shacked up with a crazy person hadn't she? Rose breathed out a heavy breath, taking a couple steps back and running her hands back through her hair again. "I never said it was easy... because it's not. You know, I try and I try to be better than my father, but I'm not without my slip ups... I go too far some times. But it's not like... it's not like I'm not trying. And I feel regret, I know it's wrong. It sounds like you do, too... you're just so afraid you're too far gone you don't think it's worth trying."

Taking a step towards Zoe, she put her hands on the girl's shoulder and looked her square in the eyes. "But it is worth trying, I promise. You just... you have to make a choice. Keep going on the same path you're on now, descend farther into that dark pit... or try to do better. You might not be able to get all the way back to good, but... you might find that, maybe, better is good enough." She took in a deep breath, then moved int closer. "And... if you're worried about how easy it is with your gun, how simple it is to just... shoot and kill, I can teach you other ways to defend yourself. I'm pretty good with my hands, after all... but then, you know that don't you?" She smirked a little, trying to get Zoe to smile.
Back to top Go down
Nyrax123
Kage
Kage
Nyrax123

PostSubject: Re: DC Genesis   DC Genesis - Page 23 EmptyMon Dec 17, 2012 5:43 am

Zoe was successful it seemed, as a small smile did come to Zoe's face as Rose spoke. Seemed like she was getting through to the girl a lot better than she originally thought. Never before had Zoe had someone in her life who listened and actually cared on the same level that Rose did. After what Zoe did most people would turn and run, as if they were afraid Zoe would pop them next. Rose was different though. She wasn't afraid.

Finally, Zoe leaned forward and gave Rose a firm hug as she rested her cheek on Rose's shoulder. "Seems like I got really lucky when I found you Rose....you're a good friend to have around."
Back to top Go down
Kenji
Kage
Kage
Kenji

PostSubject: Re: DC Genesis   DC Genesis - Page 23 EmptyMon Dec 17, 2012 12:59 pm

Rose Wilson

Rose stood still for a moment, a little surprised at the sudden hug. She wasn't really... used to hugs. Eventually, she simply sighed and returned the action. "Well, I'm here to help if you want it. The rest is up to you, though... you have to really make the effort. But, anyway... I kinda want to forget this now. How about we go get that scone?"
Back to top Go down
Nyrax123
Kage
Kage
Nyrax123

PostSubject: Re: DC Genesis   DC Genesis - Page 23 EmptyMon Dec 17, 2012 8:59 pm

"You and me both," Zoe said before turning and starting to walk down the alleyway once again. She just stopped suddenly before turning to her right and seeing a trash can by her. She was wearing gloves and she knew that there was no way they were going to trace the gun to her. She quickly reached in to her jacket before pulling out the small firearm. She only looked at it for a moment before dumping it in to the trash and putting the lid back on it. "Let's go."

---

It was a couple of hours later when Rose finally returned home. Neal was sitting on the couch, whistling to himself as he was reading a book in his hands. It was one that Clint had gotten him for Christmas, and now that it was the day after Neal had some time to dig in to it. As Rose came through the door he glanced up. "Ah, the prodigal daughter returns!" he said in a joking voice before pushing himself up in to a sitting position. "I hear you made a new friend."
Back to top Go down
Kenji
Kage
Kage
Kenji

PostSubject: Re: DC Genesis   DC Genesis - Page 23 EmptyMon Dec 17, 2012 9:06 pm

Rose Wilson

"That's me," Rose said with a small yawn, as she made her way into the living room. She wasn't exactly sure what significance the phrase 'prodigal daughter', but then she didn't much care, either. Collapsing herself onto the couch next to Neal, she propped her feet up onto the coffee table and then looked at him with a small breath. "Yeah, I did. She was pretty fun... had a good time together."
Back to top Go down
Nyrax123
Kage
Kage
Nyrax123

PostSubject: Re: DC Genesis   DC Genesis - Page 23 EmptyMon Dec 17, 2012 9:08 pm

Neal glanced over at Rose as she made herself comfortable on the couch. He wasn't sure what it was, but something just felt off about the way Rose was acting. She had been out all night, doing who knew what, and yet she came home and gave only the very base and vague details of what was going on. Something was off, Neal just had a feeling. "Hey...everything okay?" he asked as he kept his gaze steady with Rose's.
Back to top Go down
Kenji
Kage
Kage
Kenji

PostSubject: Re: DC Genesis   DC Genesis - Page 23 EmptyMon Dec 17, 2012 9:12 pm

Rose Wilson

"Uh... yeah, everything's fine," Rose said, lifting an eyebrow at him. WHere had she given an indication that something was wrong? Aside from the alley incident, things had gone great... "Just, you know... met a friend. She and I had a good time." She allowed a moment to pass before folding her arms and frowning at him. "Do I really have to spell it out for you? We fucked, geez." Might as well put it bluntly, if he was really that thick.
Back to top Go down
Nyrax123
Kage
Kage
Nyrax123

PostSubject: Re: DC Genesis   DC Genesis - Page 23 EmptyMon Dec 17, 2012 9:15 pm

"Alright alright calm down," Neal said defensively as Rose responded the way that she did. "Just thought that something was wrong, guess I read it wrong. Sorry," he said sincerely before allowing a bit of quiet time to be had between them. "So, at least tell me about the girl," Neal said as he gained his small grin back. After all, he had heard Rose specifically mention that this friend of hers had been a female. He bet that there was quite the story behind there.

"Even if you don't wanna share details, at least tell me how she looks, scale of 1-10?"
Back to top Go down
Kenji
Kage
Kage
Kenji

PostSubject: Re: DC Genesis   DC Genesis - Page 23 EmptyMon Dec 17, 2012 9:20 pm

Rose Wilson

"Oh, she's an east nine," Rose said, with a small chuckle. "Maybe a nine point five... or even a ten. My rating system is pretty fickle. But yeah, we did it... a lot." She grinned widely, suddenly remembering something as she turned to him. "Speaking of which... she swings on both sides of the fence, just like me. I told her about you... seemed to get the idea that a threesome might be a good idea. Now, I told her I wasn't sure, but figured I'd ask, anyway... you interested?"
Back to top Go down
Nyrax123
Kage
Kage
Nyrax123

PostSubject: Re: DC Genesis   DC Genesis - Page 23 EmptyMon Dec 17, 2012 9:25 pm

Neal gave a low whistle as Rose revealed that this girl was probably around a solid ten or something close to that. It was only when the offer was placed forward that Neal raised a real eyebrow of interest. "Damn, a ten in your book is probably like a twelve in mine," he said jokingly before scratching his chin. "I know I've gotten around before but I've never actually tried a threesome before.....count me in," Neal said as he smiled at Rose. "I look forward to meeting this chick, she sounds interesting."

At that point, Jordan walked in to the room. "Neal," she began before looking to Rose and smiling at her. Jordan had slightly opened up more with Rose, mainly due to Rose enjoying the gift that Jordan got her. "Dad just shot me a call. Apparently there's some sort of a meeting for his squad that he heeds to go to. So he's going to be a little late tonight."

Neal nodded. "Alright sis, thanks for letting me know. I'll just order us a pizza or something since he's gone," he said to which Jordan quickly agreed before returning to her room. "So when do I get to meet this girl?"
Back to top Go down
Kenji
Kage
Kage
Kenji

PostSubject: Re: DC Genesis   DC Genesis - Page 23 EmptyMon Dec 17, 2012 9:29 pm

Rose Wilson

After Jordan left the room, Rose turned to Neal and took in a deep breath, thinking a bit. "Well, whenever you want, really. She lives mostly alone at her place, so we can go over any time. However... there is a condition." At this mention, she grinned a little and sat up straighter. "I'll bring you there to meet her and have a grand old time with the two of us... provided that you find another guy to have a threesome with you and me beforehand. I really want to give two guys at once a go."
Back to top Go down
Nyrax123
Kage
Kage
Nyrax123

PostSubject: Re: DC Genesis   DC Genesis - Page 23 EmptyMon Dec 17, 2012 9:32 pm

Well, he hadn't seen that one coming. Course, knowing Rose as Neal did it made complete sense that she would put that kind of a requirement on something like this. Guess he'd just have to work something out, though he had no idea who he was going to do this with. "I guess that's fair, though I'll make sure that you approve of the guy before we actually meet up," Neal said with a smile. The deal was made it seemed.

"Now, is there anything specific you'd like for dinner. I told Jordan pizza but she's fine with anything. We can just drive and go pick anything up if you have a craving for anything."
Back to top Go down
Kenji
Kage
Kage
Kenji

PostSubject: Re: DC Genesis   DC Genesis - Page 23 EmptyMon Dec 17, 2012 9:37 pm

Rose Wilson

"Just make sure he's good looking and I'll be happy," Rose said, giving off another small yawn. "And, should probably be someone you at least somewhat know... might be less awkward for you that way. Makes no real difference to me, though, of course." She stretched out her arms, then cracked her back and leaned forward, resting her hands on her knees. "I dunno, I'm not really in the mood for anything specific. Pizza's just as good as anything right now, whatever you want."
Back to top Go down
Nyrax123
Kage
Kage
Nyrax123

PostSubject: Re: DC Genesis   DC Genesis - Page 23 EmptyMon Dec 17, 2012 9:40 pm

"I figured that was one of those unspoken requirements," Neal said with a bit of a laugh. Man, this new friend of Rose's was apparently going to just add another interesting character to their life. It was going to be interesting to see how this went. Neal slowly stood up after that and went to grab his jacket. "Well I better go pick up some food. Do you wanna come with or just hang out here? You've been gone all day so I'll understand if you want to just relax here while I'm gone."
Back to top Go down
Kenji
Kage
Kage
Kenji

PostSubject: Re: DC Genesis   DC Genesis - Page 23 EmptyMon Dec 17, 2012 9:45 pm

Rose Wilson

"Yeah, I think I'll just hang out here for now," she replied, curling up in the corner of the couch. She just wanted to sit back and relax for a little while. "You go buy some food, and Ill be sure to eat it when you get back."
Back to top Go down
Nyrax123
Kage
Kage
Nyrax123

PostSubject: Re: DC Genesis   DC Genesis - Page 23 EmptyMon Dec 17, 2012 9:49 pm

"Sounds fair enough, I'll be back soon," Neal said before slipping on his jacket, grabbing his keys, and eventually heading out the house and shutting the door behind him.

It was only ten minutes later that the house phone began to ring. It was answered quickly, most likely by Jordan in her room. It could have only been twenty seconds later that Rose would hear Jordan's door slamming, only to see the girl herself run out with a look of extreme worry and panic on her face. She looked around as if wondering if Neal was there before realizing that Rose was the only one in the room. What came out of Jordan's mouth next was only barely audible, as the level of fear and tears in her voice was great.

"Dad's been shot. They've taken him to the hospital!" she barely got out before collapsing to her knees.
Back to top Go down
Kenji
Kage
Kage
Kenji

PostSubject: Re: DC Genesis   DC Genesis - Page 23 EmptyMon Dec 17, 2012 9:59 pm

Rose Wilson

Rose was lying down on the couch without a care in the world when the phone rang. She of course made no move to pick it up, since it wasn't her house and Jordan was still home. Sure enough, a few seconds later Jordan picked it up from her room. However, things were shattered once Jordan came rushing out of her room to deliver the shocking news about her and Neal's father being shot. Instantly, Rose bolted straight up in her seat and blinked blankly for several moments. Once the girl dropped to her knees, Rose shot up to her feet.

"Okay, okay shit," she muttered, coming to Jordan's side. "Alright, come on, get up, I'll take you to the hospital. "It'll be okay, they're helping him. Just... just come on."

Rose led the girl out of the house to the driveway, to her motorcycle. After hopping on, she scooted up and motioned to the seat behind her. "Hop on and hold on tight."
Back to top Go down
Nyrax123
Kage
Kage
Nyrax123

PostSubject: Re: DC Genesis   DC Genesis - Page 23 EmptyMon Dec 17, 2012 10:05 pm

To say that Jordan didn't reply well was an understatement. She always knew that there was a chance of her dad being hurt on the job, but that was different, it didn't actually happen in her mind. He hadn't called himself, it was one of the doctors that was working on him to remove the bullets from his body. He was going to be okay, at least she knew that much. Why? She just knew.

"Okay, it's Gotham General. I don't know what room he's in or what they're doing but that's where he is," Jordan said as she looked to Rose. She jumped on to the seat and quickly wrapped her arms around Rose. Rose would hardly feel the thin arms of Jordan around her, but they would be secure enough to get her to the hospital.
Back to top Go down
Kenji
Kage
Kage
Kenji

PostSubject: Re: DC Genesis   DC Genesis - Page 23 EmptyMon Dec 17, 2012 10:10 pm

Rose Wilson

The moment that Jordan was secure, Rose gunned the engine and took off down the street. About ten minutes later they made it to the hospital, and Rose was quick to find the nearest parking space and lead Jordan into the lobby. She made no hesitation in running up to the counter, quickly grabbing the attention of the nurse/receptionist behind it. "Clint Anderson," she said. "We need to know what room he's in. He's a cop, he was just admitted here tonight."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: DC Genesis   DC Genesis - Page 23 Empty

Back to top Go down

DC Genesis
Page 23 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 13 ... 22, 23, 24 ... 31 ... 40  Next