Naruto: Ultimate Legends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

DC Genesis

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 17 ... 31, 32, 33 ... 36 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
Kenji
Kage
Kage
Kenji

DC Genesis - Page 32 Empty
PostSubject: Re: DC Genesis   DC Genesis - Page 32 EmptyTue Jan 22, 2013 6:04 pm

Rose Wilson

""Yeah... let's go," Rose muttered, stuffing her hands back into her pockets. She turned from the Bats and started heading back towards the light from the stairwell. About time to get out of here and go... do something else. Whatever kind of training they had in mind, she didn't want to think about it right now. She just wanted to relax.

Not to mention, they should probably be getting back to Jordan. She wasn't entirely sure they were supposed to keep leaving her alone like that all the time...
Back to top Go down
Nyrax123
Kage
Kage
Nyrax123

PostSubject: Re: DC Genesis   DC Genesis - Page 32 EmptyTue Jan 22, 2013 6:13 pm

A few minutes later and they were driving back home, heading back in the car that they had come in. They were going in silence, and Neal wasn't entirely certain what he should say. He knew that he should say something, but part of him still felt like Rose was going to bite his head off if he said anything to her about Zoe. She had basically made herself be alone since the incident after all.

"So, you're certain you want to work with Batman? Just because I want to doesn't mean that you have to."
Back to top Go down
Kenji
Kage
Kage
Kenji

PostSubject: Re: DC Genesis   DC Genesis - Page 32 EmptyTue Jan 22, 2013 6:31 pm

Rose Wilson

Rose shrugged at Neal's question. "What else am I going to do? I've already ruined all three of my heavy bags, and run my exercise bike into disrepair. Might as well get a workout beating the crap out of idiot criminals on the street. It's either that or sit around your house doing nothing, and I'm not really in the mood to go out to a bar or anything." Even thoughts of a strip club didn't put her in any better a mood.
Back to top Go down
Nyrax123
Kage
Kage
Nyrax123

PostSubject: Re: DC Genesis   DC Genesis - Page 32 EmptyTue Jan 22, 2013 6:58 pm

"Fair enough," was all that Neal said before they eventually made their way home. They parked the car and Neal made his way inside, quickly giving Jordan an excuse as to why he and Rose went out. He merely said that they went and grabbed some food and talked. Jordan didn't really question it, since she knew that Rose was going through such a hard time right now.

Now that they were home, it seemed like now they would just have to wait.
Back to top Go down
Kenji
Kage
Kage
Kenji

PostSubject: Re: DC Genesis   DC Genesis - Page 32 EmptyTue Jan 22, 2013 11:14 pm

Rose Wilson

Rose remained quiet as they walked back into the house. For a while, she just stood there in the living room with her hands on her hips, taking in deep breaths. She almost couldn't believe what she had agreed to, and yet she had anyway. There wasn't really any turning back now... well, there was, but she wouldn't let herself after already agreeing to it. Once she decided to do something, she did, end of story, no backing out.

After a while of careful though, she headed back down the hallway towards Neal's room. On her way by, however, she stopped at Jordan's partially open door and sighed. Then, she gave the door a slight knock and poked her head inside. "Uh... hey, Jordan? Can we... maybe talk?"
Back to top Go down
Nyrax123
Kage
Kage
Nyrax123

PostSubject: Re: DC Genesis   DC Genesis - Page 32 EmptyTue Jan 22, 2013 11:17 pm

Jordan glanced up as a knock came at her door. She was so unaccustomed to it that she legitimately had no idea who it was at the door. Rose had never come to Jordan's room before, not while Jordan was here at least. When she saw Rose her eyes widened for a moment. "Rose," was all that Jordan managed to say before realizing that she was being rude. She quickly closed the book that she was reading and threw it over on her nightstand by her bed.

"Yeah we can talk, is everything okay?"
Back to top Go down
Kenji
Kage
Kage
Kenji

PostSubject: Re: DC Genesis   DC Genesis - Page 32 EmptyTue Jan 22, 2013 11:29 pm

Rose Wilson

Rose came forward and sat on the edge of Jordan's bed, crossing one leg over the other and folding her arms. Breathing in a deeply, she shrugged a bit and looked away. "I'm uh... I just want to say I'm, you know... sorry. For blowing you off earlier. You were just concerned and I was... being a bitch. It's just this whole with... with my friend, it's got me... well, I'm just not in a good place right now, you know?"
Back to top Go down
Nyrax123
Kage
Kage
Nyrax123

PostSubject: Re: DC Genesis   DC Genesis - Page 32 EmptyTue Jan 22, 2013 11:33 pm

Jordan quickly nodded as Rose spoke, wanting to show that she clearly understood. "I've never lost anyone except my mom," Jordan admitted as she looked over at Rose. "I know that I can't help you much, but I guess I just wanted to remind you that you're not alone. We're all worried about you and want you to be happy," the girl said as she looked up at the older one. "I know you've only been here a few weeks, but you should know that we all care about you here."
Back to top Go down
Kenji
Kage
Kage
Kenji

PostSubject: Re: DC Genesis   DC Genesis - Page 32 EmptyTue Jan 22, 2013 11:51 pm

Rose Wilson

Rose sighed again, bowing her head. For some reason she couldn't find the right words to say in response to Jordan. She tried to say something, but nothing came out... instead, she just raised her hand to her eye and wiped it dry, a bit of wetness starting to leak out. "I, uh... I know," she said, sucking in another deep breath. Somehow she could speak now. "And I appreciate it, you know? Ever since I lost my mom, I... I haven't had anyone else that cared about me, and I... I'd been alone for so long I had almost forgotten what... what it was like..." She swallowed a hard knot in her throat, sniffling. "So, uh... thank you... really, I mean it."
Back to top Go down
Nyrax123
Kage
Kage
Nyrax123

PostSubject: Re: DC Genesis   DC Genesis - Page 32 EmptyTue Jan 22, 2013 11:56 pm

Jordan just sat there as she wrapped her arms around her knees. She listened as Rose spoke, and she pretended like she didn't notice that Rose was rubbing at her eye as if she was about to cry. Jordan figured that Rose wouldn't want to be seen like this, so the least Jordan could do was pretend like it didn't happen. When Rose brought up her mother though, Jordan's head shot up for a moment. She had no idea that Rose had gone through anything like that. She hadn't said anything after all. Jordan felt like she should say something, but Rose was having a hard enough time as it was, so she would say nothing for now.

"It's okay Rose. Just remember that we might not be able to do much, but we have your back. We're here for you as long as you need us."
Back to top Go down
Kenji
Kage
Kage
Kenji

PostSubject: Re: DC Genesis   DC Genesis - Page 32 EmptyWed Jan 23, 2013 12:18 am

Rose Wilson

"Right... well, thanks," Rose said, swallowing again as she got up from the bed. "I'm, uh... I'm gonna go take a nap now. I think I overworked myself earlier, so.. yeah." She gave Jordan a parting wave, then made her way back out into the hall. A few moments later, she found her way onto Neal's bed, threw herself face first onto the mattress, and was out before she hit the pillow.

Last edited by zanzabar on Wed Jan 23, 2013 1:16 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Nyrax123
Kage
Kage
Nyrax123

PostSubject: Re: DC Genesis   DC Genesis - Page 32 EmptyWed Jan 23, 2013 12:25 am

Neal was in the bathroom while the entire exchange between Rose and Jordan had taken place. He just finished washing his hands and walked towards his room. He opened the door and blinked for a moment as he saw that Rose was asleep on his bed. Dang, the girl must have really worked herself out from earlier. Neal wasn't quite sure what to do, as he still felt like things were strange between him and Rose. He moved over and gently moved the blanket before laying it over Rose. Afterwards, he walked back out to the living room and laid down on the couch before setting his alarm to nine. He wanted to make sure that they had plenty of time to get to where they were going after all. With that done, he closed his own eyes and was out soon afterwards.
Back to top Go down
Kenji
Kage
Kage
Kenji

PostSubject: Re: DC Genesis   DC Genesis - Page 32 EmptyWed Jan 23, 2013 12:41 am

Rose Wilson

Several hours and one blindfolded car ride in the Batmobile later, Rose and Neal were pushed past what sounded like a waterfall and into what she could only assume was a cave, with how echoy everything was. "Alright... are we there yet? I know I'm missing an eye, but that doesn't mean I enjoy having my vision taken away. Can we take these damn things off, yet?"

"Just a little farther," Nightwing said. He looked over to Batgirl and gave her a nod, prompting her to hit a switch that caused a giant metal door to close shut behind them.

"Alright, take 'em off," she said.

"Ugh, finally," Rose muttered, ripping the blindfold off and looking around. She had to force her mouth closed again, as it slowly hung open the more she looked around. "Um... okay... wow? What the hell is this place?"

"My base of operations," a voice said. A second later, a dark figure descended from one of the upper catwalks: Batman. "This is where you'll be training."

"We call it the Batcave," Nightwing said, with his arms folded and a smirk.

Batgirl cleared her throat, giving him a glare. "Technically, that's what they call it. I think it's stupid."

"It is not a stupid name," Nightwing insisted.

Last edited by zanzabar on Wed Jan 23, 2013 1:16 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Nyrax123
Kage
Kage
Nyrax123

PostSubject: Re: DC Genesis   DC Genesis - Page 32 EmptyWed Jan 23, 2013 12:46 am

Rose wasn't the only one that seemed to be stunned by the layout of where they just arrived at. As the blindfolds were taken off, Neal's eyes probably grew twice in size as he looked around at the place. Just where the hell were they? This looked like something from a futuristic movie or something. Neal could hardly believe his eyes as he looked around at everything. The car, the gadgets, the costumes, all of it just looked incredible.

"My god, it looks like this place has everything," Neal admitted as his eyes were still taking it all in. Hell, they even had a dinosaur in the cave for some reason. Neal couldn't help but wonder what kind of value that had for being down here.
Back to top Go down
Kenji
Kage
Kage
Kenji

PostSubject: Re: DC Genesis   DC Genesis - Page 32 EmptyWed Jan 23, 2013 1:06 am

Rose Wilson

Batman

Nightwing

Batgirl

"This supposed to be some kind of command center or something?" Rose asked. "Looks like a military base."

"Something like that," Batman said, waving for the two of them to follow. "You'll begin your training shortly, but first we'll need to outfit you with your new costumes. I have them ready."

Rose lifted an eyebrow. "What? How do you know our sizes?"

"For Neal, we merely checked his medical records," he replied. "Cross referenced his height and weight along with his body type, and it was easy enough to figure out. You were a little more... challenging. But we have our ways."

"Yeah... that's not creepy," she muttered.

"Relax," Batgirl said, giving her a pat on the shoulder. "Nothing invasive, I assure you. He, uh... might have just had me follow you one time you went shopping and inspect the clothes you picked out... *cough*."

Which had to have been a good long time before today...

Last edited by zanzabar on Wed Jan 23, 2013 1:17 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Nyrax123
Kage
Kage
Nyrax123

PostSubject: Re: DC Genesis   DC Genesis - Page 32 EmptyWed Jan 23, 2013 1:16 am

Neal was surprised as Batman said that he had looked in to Neal's medical records in order to figure out how to make a costume that would fit him. Neal wasn't sure what kind of an answer to expect from Batman, but that wasn't it. Still, he was thankful that he didn't really have anything to hide or anything embarrassing.

When Batgirl made the comment about what Batman might have done to Rose, Neal was torn between nervousness and laughing. He assumed that Batgirl was kidding, but a part of him really wasn't that sure right now. Batman was they type of person that would do something like that. Perhaps Neal would have to watch his back more often from now on. "So, where are these costumes exactly?"
Back to top Go down
Kenji
Kage
Kage
Kenji

PostSubject: Re: DC Genesis   DC Genesis - Page 32 EmptyWed Jan 23, 2013 1:21 am

Rose Wilson

Batman

Nightwing

Batgirl

"On the upper levels," Batman said, leading them up a series of metal stairs. "Currently in the armory, in the uniform section."

"Uh huh..." Rose said, tapping her fingers against her arm. "And what if we don't like these costumes? I mean, shouldn't we get some input on our own costumes? You just went ahead and picked shit out for us."

"You can design your own costume when you earn it," he replied. "Until then you wear what we tell you."

Nightwing came close and nudged her in the ribs with his elbow. "Don't worry about it, it's nothing stupid or anything. Actually, aside from a few specific modifications for you, yours is basically my old costume."

Rose stopped mid stride, lifting an eyebrow at him. "Your... old costume?" Why didn't she like the sound of that?
Back to top Go down
Nyrax123
Kage
Kage
Nyrax123

PostSubject: Re: DC Genesis   DC Genesis - Page 32 EmptyWed Jan 23, 2013 1:24 am

At first Neal was going to side with Rose when it came to picking out their own costumes, but it was Batman that cut Rose off by explaining that they could only design their own costumes by earning it through their experiences and successes. When Batman spoke like that, Neal was quick to shut his mouth so that he wouldn't receive a verbal lashing.

"Your old one?" Neal questioned curiously as he thought about what Nightwing was exactly implying. He glanced over at Batgirl and gave a bit of a chuckle. "I hope that doesn't mean I'm getting your old one."
Back to top Go down
Kenji
Kage
Kage
Kenji

PostSubject: Re: DC Genesis   DC Genesis - Page 32 EmptyWed Jan 23, 2013 1:34 am

Robin

Batman

Nightwing

Batgirl

"I think you're safe," Batgirl said, with a small chuckle. "I don't think my old costume would fit you, anyway."

"This way," Batman said, leading them into what was basically a vault full of gadgets, armor, various non-lethal weapons, and glass cases full of old costumes. He didn't go to the cases, however, instead grabbing a pair of large metal containers near the far wall and handing one to each of them. "There's a changing room around the corner; Nightwing will show you the way."

Rose took her metal container and gave it a long, wary look. "I'm not going to like this, am I?"

"Come on, this way," Nightwing said, waving them along.

---

"I'm not coming out," Rose said, from behind the changing room door. "I don't care what you say, I'm not wearing this."

"You have to," Nightwing said, hands on his hips. He was trying not to smirk too much, but he failed miserably; he was enjoying this far too much.

"But I look ridiculous!"

Nightwing merely shrugged. "Rules are rules."

With a heavy, annoyed sigh, Rose finally gave up and bowed her head. She opened the door slowly and crept back outside, grumbling under her breath. "MakemethenewfrickinRobinmyassmotherfuckingassholestreatmelikea*indistinguishable grumbling*."

Back to top Go down
Nyrax123
Kage
Kage
Nyrax123

PostSubject: Re: DC Genesis   DC Genesis - Page 32 EmptyWed Jan 23, 2013 1:49 am

"Good to know, if it did I'd have a few concerns," Neal said with a smile as he walked with the others. Eventually he took the container that held his costume and looked at it curiously. He couldn't help but wonder what was in it, but he decided to just go with it. He took a deep breath before heading off to the various changing areas to see how well the costume fit.

---

It fit surprisingly well. Batman didn't mess around when he took measurements and made this kind of stuff. He knew that this was armor that was supposed to protect him, but at the same time it felt like it was specifically designed for him and no one else. First came the layers of clothing and protection, than the hood and the mask that further covered Neal's face. He couldn't deny that he liked the look. He felt safe, but also light enough that he felt like he could still run at normal speeds.

DC Genesis - Page 32 4848.modern_5F00_future_5F00_assassin_5F00_by_5F00_bombopaul_2D00_d4v1uck

Neal walked out of the changing room as he placed the gloves on and made sure that everything fit properly. "Okay, now this is cool," he admitted as he looked himself over. As he looked up though he glanced over at Rose and saw what she was wearing. "Nice look Rose. Red is clearly your color," he said with a small smile upon his face.
Back to top Go down
Kenji
Kage
Kage
Kenji

PostSubject: Re: DC Genesis   DC Genesis - Page 32 EmptyWed Jan 23, 2013 1:52 am

Robin

Batman

Nightwing

Batgirl

"Shut up," Rose muttered, folding her arms across her chest. Then, she turned to look at Batman standing nearby. "How come he gets a specially made custom and I get Bat-butt's old hand-me-downs?"

Nightwing raised a quizzical eyebrow. "Bat-butt?"

Turning back to Nightwing, she tilted her head slightly and shifted her weight, popping one hip out to the side. "What, you don't like it? I was going with your best feature."

"Okay," Batgirl said, stepping in between the two. She gave a hard glare back to Nightwing, then another to Rose. "Let's get on with the training, shall we?"
Back to top Go down
Nyrax123
Kage
Kage
Nyrax123

PostSubject: Re: DC Genesis   DC Genesis - Page 32 EmptyWed Jan 23, 2013 1:59 am

Neal just saved his comments to himself once again. Rose clearly hated the outfit that she had been given, and apparently she was annoyed about the one that Neal got in comparison to her. Perhaps Batman was just big on saving material and reusing it, who could say? Still, he was glad that he got this one while Rose had gotten her Robin one. He had a feeling that if he brought it up again that she would punch him in the face though.

"Training sounds good," Neal admitted as he tried to quickly change the subject and help Batgirl get the situation moving forward. "So how do we start?"
Back to top Go down
Kenji
Kage
Kage
Kenji

PostSubject: Re: DC Genesis   DC Genesis - Page 32 EmptyWed Jan 23, 2013 1:18 pm

Robin

Batman

Nightwing

Batgirl

"They'll show you," Batman said, bringing his cape around to cover his body. He then started heading back down the stairs, leaving them. "I'm going on patrol, I'll call you if I need you."

"Whatever you say," Batgirl said, with a small wave. Looking back at the other two, she gestured for them to follow her. "Come on."

---

Training... was intensive, to say the least. It might have been late, but they didn't let up at all through the night. Though Rose would have thought Batman to be the hardest of the bunch, Batgirl and Nightwing both proved to be worthy slave drivers, as well. Calisthenics, weight lifting, obstacle course runs, combat training, hitting ping pong balls with spoons for hand eye coordination, detective practice, you name they covered it. They even came at Neal and had him try out various illusions on them to keep them on their toes.

Six hours later, near five in the morning, they finally stopped.

"Alright, that's enough for tonight," Nightwing said, wiping sweat from his brow. "Be prepared to go again tomorrow, same time."

"So I can take off this stupid outfit now?" Rose asked.

"Until next time, yes."

"Good." Without so much as a single warning, Rose proceeded to strip out of the Robin costume with remarkable speed, coming down to her underwear in seconds. "That's better."

Nightwing's eye twitched slightly. "Uh... um... ow!"

Batgirl suddenly yanked hard on his ear, pulling him away. "Watch where you're looking and let them get changed..." She looked to Rose and Neal now. "Ten minutes, meet us by the Batmobile so we can drive you back to your car.

Then, they were gone.
Back to top Go down
Nyrax123
Kage
Kage
Nyrax123

PostSubject: Re: DC Genesis   DC Genesis - Page 32 EmptyWed Jan 23, 2013 6:17 pm

"Good luck out there," Neal called after Batman. It was only after he said it that he realized just how dumb that really sounded. He was freaking Batman after all. He was probably the one person that didn't need any luck to get his work done. Neal soon turned to Batgirl and smiled. He was actually looking forward to starting to train with these guys. He had a feeling that this would be really rewarding.

---

There was rewarding, and than there was pain. Right now Neal was feeling the latter much more strongly. Neal had thought that what Rose did was extensive, but it was nothing compared to what these people were asking of them. Once again, Neal wasn't the fattest dude on the block, but he certainly wasn't prepared to start on this level. He did the best that he could, but it would be obvious to everyone that he wasn't as ready as Rose was for this. He had a long way to go.

Once they finally called it quits, Neal quickly just fell on his butt so that he could sit down. He felt like he could hardly move. He was breathing heavily and wiping the sweat from his brow. This costume was definitely going to be good for protection, but damn if it didn't make the world twice as hot. Still, he didn't say anything. He had been the one that was so eager to volunteer after all.

By the time that Batgirl dragged Nightwing away, to obviously stop him from seeing Rose in her current condition, Neal started to change as well. "Well, I'm not sure what I was expecting but this is a lot harder than what was going through my head," Neal admitted as he took his uniform off and stripped down to his boxers. He looked down at the costume for a moment. "Did they say what they wanted us to do with these?" Neal asked as he honestly couldn't remember if they had said or not.
Back to top Go down
Kenji
Kage
Kage
Kenji

PostSubject: Re: DC Genesis   DC Genesis - Page 32 EmptyWed Jan 23, 2013 6:27 pm

Rose Wilson

Rose just shrugged. "I don't know. I guess we just leave them here. Not like we're gonna throw them on and go running around in the middle of the night... yet." Humming quietly to herself, she started to get dressed again, in a bit better of a mood than she had been. If there was anything that could put her in a good mood, it was a real, hard work out. What she had been doing back at the house was one thing, but the way these Bats pushed her... she kind of liked it.

"Did you see the way Nightwing was looking at me when I took my costume off?" she said, with a little smirk. "He wants me."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: DC Genesis   DC Genesis - Page 32 Empty

Back to top Go down

DC Genesis
Page 32 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 17 ... 31, 32, 33 ... 36 ... 40  Next