Naruto: Ultimate Legends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

.: Wounds That Won't Heal, Part II: Tale Of The Snow King :.

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
AuthorMessage
KasumiAsogi
Chuunin
Chuunin
KasumiAsogi

.: Wounds That Won't Heal, Part II: Tale Of The Snow King :. - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: .: Wounds That Won't Heal, Part II: Tale Of The Snow King :.   .: Wounds That Won't Heal, Part II: Tale Of The Snow King :. - Page 3 EmptyMon Feb 02, 2015 2:57 am

Kasumi Asogi

"Hello? Anyone there? HELLO?!!", Kasumi yelled out as she looked around at the blank, white washed walls of the brightly lit room she was in.

She looked down at the white summer dress that she was wearing, unfamiliar with it, having never been in her wardrobe of clothes before. She made her way over to the door and turned the door knob, glad that it wasn't locked. Opening it she stepped into the equally bland corridor. She looked left, seeing nothing before turning to her right to see Hazumi standing before her. She smiled at him and took a few steps forward before stopping, noticing that he wasn't looking at her, but through her.

Everything started to go wrong as Hazumi dropped to his knees, revealing Tsurugi behind him, his hand still on the hilt of the blade he had buried into Hazumi back. Grabbing Hazumi by the hair, he dragged him with his left hand as his right hand held Hotaru's one-eyed head also by the hair.

"You will suffer, you are cursed to suffer, so deemed by Lord Shen himself and not even death will stop me from fucking up your life", Tsurugi told her chuckling, his voiced distorted into a metallic sound by his mask, "Run from me, let me have a good hunt".

Dropping his 'trophies' Tsurugi began to charge as Kasumi repeated to herself, "It's not real, it's a dream it's not real. YOU'RE NOT REAL!!", Kasumi screamed at him just before he pierced her chest with his Samurai Katana.

Kasumi bolted upright as she looked around at the hotel suite she and Hazumi had rented out. She rubbed her temples as she tried to reassure herself of where she was. She looked out toward the balcony where she saw Hazumi standing with a cup of coffee, at the very least she hoped it was coffee. She wondered what he had been thinking about all night, especially the more of last night that returned to her. She herself still didn't know what to make of it and yet she still didn't feel like they needed an excuse for what happened anymore.

She was still dressed in the outfit she wore last night but she didn't mind, as she climbed out of bed and walked out onto the balcony, sidling up next to Hazumi. Without saying a word, she gently slipped Hazumi's mug out of his hands and took a sip, warming her hands up along the sides of it.

"... If we give into this now, it will only serve to distract us in a time we should be more focused then ever. All of last night and even as I woke up, I couldn't think of anything else, not this Snow King, not the Order of the Moon and definately no doorway to the afterlife. I need time to think and we still have a mission to complete", Kasumi explained, handing him his mug back, she stood up on her tippy toes and kissed him, giving their lips several seconds of contact before pulling away, "When it's over, we can talk about this... talk about US seriously, okay?".

Back to top Go down
Nyrax123
Kage
Kage
Nyrax123

PostSubject: Re: .: Wounds That Won't Heal, Part II: Tale Of The Snow King :.   .: Wounds That Won't Heal, Part II: Tale Of The Snow King :. - Page 3 EmptyMon Feb 02, 2015 3:15 am

Hazumi

Hazumi allowed Kasumi to take his mug, he'd barely had any of it and Kasumi would notice it was still hot. It was almost like Hazumi had made it for her. The shinobi just stood there in silence as he continued to listen to what his comrade had to say. Hazumi had only slept for about an hour before his mind kept waking him up, demanding an explanation to the nights before. He wasn't quite sure how to phrase what he felt or what was happening. For now, he just had to endure it and face it head on...but he also had to know the truth.

Hazumi took the mug and returned Kasumi's kiss, though it was a very soft and innocent one. Kasumi put more effort in to it than he did. There was too much going through his mind, several hours was enough for your mind to cause a complete reality swap. When she spoke her last sentence, Hazumi just remained silent for a time before turning and looking out at the sea and leaning over the balcony.

"You know that I'll help you and see this through to whatever end. This order wants us dead and killing them is the only way to protect ourselves...but after everything we've been through, the least you owe me is the truth," Hazumi whispered before looking towards Kasumi. "When we find this door to the afterlife that was mentioned in the prophecy, what are you going to do?"
Mood: Concerned
Condition: Healthy
Stamina: 8 • Speed: 8 • Strength: 8 • Intelligence: 8 • Chakra control: 8
Theme:
None

Back to top Go down
KasumiAsogi
Chuunin
Chuunin
KasumiAsogi

PostSubject: Re: .: Wounds That Won't Heal, Part II: Tale Of The Snow King :.   .: Wounds That Won't Heal, Part II: Tale Of The Snow King :. - Page 3 EmptyMon Feb 02, 2015 3:55 am

Kasumi Asogi

Kasumi looked up at Hazumi feeling like he had just smacked her down when he asked what she would do if they found the door to the afterlife. She looked down at the street below for a silent minute as she pondered his question. What would she do in that situation? Hotaru had been the most important thing in her life for many years and even after her death, had always been her driving force in life. How could he ask a question like that, especially when his own family could be saved the same way.

"I could ask you the same about your Raven and Collette? Would you brush me aside because you could finally save them like you're trying to accuse me of?", Kasumi asked, him in frustration.

"But I'll give you honesty.IF this doorway is real and IF we can truly give them a second chance, I would rescue Hotaru... And I fear you would do exactly the same, I know how much you love them and no matter what your feels are for me I don't think I could ever replace them for you. I'm terrified that I'm just their replacement until for your feelings. If that's the case and we succeed, why shouldn't I return my own loved one to this world", she finished, unsure of anything at this point. Everything had been so simple at the start but last night had thrown everything into doubt. She wouldn't be hurt again, she couldn't be hurt again, it would break her to much.

Back to top Go down
Nyrax123
Kage
Kage
Nyrax123

PostSubject: Re: .: Wounds That Won't Heal, Part II: Tale Of The Snow King :.   .: Wounds That Won't Heal, Part II: Tale Of The Snow King :. - Page 3 EmptyMon Feb 02, 2015 4:01 am

Hazumi

Hazumi slowly nodded his head as he heard Kasumi's questions and accusations. It was a fair retort, as he was wondering the same thing about her. Hazumi took no insult or duress from the accusation, he just stayed quiet as he always did when he was thinking.

"I almost didn't want to come on this mission because of this door...but no, I wouldn't bring them back even if I could," Hazumi said quietly likely much to Kasumi's surprise. "We had our time...and they are together wherever they are. They have each other, and I know they are in a much better and much safer place than this world," the Kounin added as he thought about the paradise of heaven, and how awful he'd feel taking them away for his own selfishness. Hazumi had lived too long, he didn't want to hurt anyone again unless he had to.

How could he bring his wife back to a world that was as hateful and bitter as this one?

"I thank you for the truth Kasumi, I believe you when you speak about your desires and I do not fault you for them," Hazumi admitted as he stood up fully and tightened the silk jacket that he was wearing to protect himself from the cold of the morning. "I gave you my word I'd see this through to the end, and I hope you still trust that. We will slay the Order of the Moon, and when you are safe you can bring Hotaru back in to this world...I promise that I will see this done for you."

With that, Hazumi gave Kasumi a single hug before saying they needed to go out and gather more information on their mystery author. He excused himself to shower, leaving Kasumi alone on the balcony.
Theme:
None

Back to top Go down
KasumiAsogi
Chuunin
Chuunin
KasumiAsogi

PostSubject: Re: .: Wounds That Won't Heal, Part II: Tale Of The Snow King :.   .: Wounds That Won't Heal, Part II: Tale Of The Snow King :. - Page 3 EmptyMon Feb 02, 2015 4:40 am

Kasumi Asogi

Kasumi didn't say a word as Hazumi replied to her torrent of accusations. What could she say? He was always so honest, always so pure, even though he could help them, he saw where they were as better then being by his side. He words were clear, even to someone like Kasumi, he didn't have feelings for her because she was simply herself and his Raven had nothing to do with it. After everything she had just said to him, she could feel her heart sink and shrivel in a way it hadn't in a very long time.

Her words must have made her sound so childish and selfish, her assumption that his soul was almost as rotten as her own had been shattered without even raising his voice. When he hugged her, there was this gut wrenching feeling that it was for the last time, despite his reassurences. She really was a terrible person, no different then the people who took Hotaru away in the first place. She was a user, only interested in her own ends. Now she had alienated the one person who had ever helped and supported her, maybe even loved her.

Kasumi choked back tears as she waited until she heard Hazumi close the bathroom door, before crumpling to her knees in tears, still clinging to the railing with her hands. All of those years of trying to be strong, all of those years of building a protective shell around herself, all those years of her life fueled by hatred and vengence bubbled to the surface as the simple action of Hazumi walking away from her felt like a metaphor for the direction she was taking her life in.

She had always thought of herself as strong willed, able to overcome any obstecle that was thrown at her but in reality, she had only been a spoilt, frightened, angry child to blind to see that her own happiness didn't need to be bathed in blood or vengence or dwelling on a tragedy she potentially couldn't change. She would drag Hotaru from her eternal peace because she was to much of a coward to face life on her own, pushing away everyone still alive that may have actually given her a new form of happiness. Hazumi had known this all along, he had already saved himself from his grief and perhaps, it was about time she stopped living in the past herself?

"I'm sorry... I'm sorry Hotaru. I can't... I can't hurt myself for you anymore. I shed my blood for you and all it has done is make me more miserable and desperate. I hope... I hope you can forgive me when I do see you again", Kasumi snobbed to herself, opening her locket to look at the picture of Hotaru and Kasumi hugging each other up close to the camera, Hotaru's right hand raised above Kasumi's head, giving her cheeky bunny ears. Kasumi touched a finger to Hotaru's face before closing it, wiping her eyes as she stood back up...

Back to top Go down
Nyrax123
Kage
Kage
Nyrax123

PostSubject: Re: .: Wounds That Won't Heal, Part II: Tale Of The Snow King :.   .: Wounds That Won't Heal, Part II: Tale Of The Snow King :. - Page 3 EmptyMon Feb 02, 2015 4:54 am

Hazumi

Pain, it was a hard thing for anyone to bare on their own. Everyone had to lift themselves and move through their own pain to find their happiness. Hazumi had done it by killing the men that took away his loved ones, but he knew that bringing them back could only cause more pain. What if he lost them again? Would he continue the cycle of life and death until they had all passed in to the next life? No, he loved Raven and Collette too much to do that. He had to let them go.

As the hot water poured down his body, Hazumi felt the knot start to slip away. This wasn't the outcome he wanted, but it wasn't fair of him to ask Kasumi to give up on her love. She was so young and full of heart, and Hazumi truly believe that she would love Hotaru more than the day she died if Kasumi was able to bring her back down.

Hazumi had been brave and addressed his feelings, and now he knew the truth. Kasumi did not desire to be with him, she desired his strength to see this task to the end. A selfish man would leave the quest and let Kasumi trudge on alone...but that wasn't Hazumi. Even if she never spoke to him the rest of the mission, Kasumi was one of the best people he had ever met...even if she didn't see herself like he did.

He had to let his feelings for Kasumi go now too, for nothing was ever going to come of them. He would care for her, but he would have to stop loving her. It would only cause them both more pain.

It was some time later when Hazumi emerged, armed in his black shinobi outfit. He did not carry any of his weapons, as he knew that they needed to blend in so that people would give them the information they needed. "We need to head back down to the village see if we can find anyone who..." but Hazumi stopped himself as he saw Kasumi's condition on the balcony.

"Kasumi, what's wrong?" Hazumi asked as he walked towards her.
Theme:
None

Back to top Go down
KasumiAsogi
Chuunin
Chuunin
KasumiAsogi

PostSubject: Re: .: Wounds That Won't Heal, Part II: Tale Of The Snow King :.   .: Wounds That Won't Heal, Part II: Tale Of The Snow King :. - Page 3 EmptyMon Feb 02, 2015 5:12 am

Kasumi Asogi

Kasumi turned around and leapt at Hazumi the instant he walked in behind her, wrapping her arms around him, as she pulled him into a hug. She cried on his chest as she buried her face into his robes, not willing to let him see her so distraught. She seemed to whimper a little bit as she squeezed him tighter in an effort to keep her there with him, refusing to let him escape until she had said what needed to be said. It was about time that she stopped kidding herself and explain herself to the person who had never let her down or left her side.

"Why? WHY?!", Kasumi asked him, beating her fist against his chest, "Why would you love someone as dispicable as me? You could have anyone, anyone you ever wanted, so why? Why must you love someone as heartless as me. I don't deserve you! I'm not worthy enough to love you back but please, please don't give up on me. I don't want to be alone anymore, I don't want to push people away anymore... I don't want to force Hotaru or anyone else to suffer because of my selfishness anymore..."

Back to top Go down
Nyrax123
Kage
Kage
Nyrax123

PostSubject: Re: .: Wounds That Won't Heal, Part II: Tale Of The Snow King :.   .: Wounds That Won't Heal, Part II: Tale Of The Snow King :. - Page 3 EmptyMon Feb 02, 2015 5:17 am

Hazumi

Hazumi could barely react by the time that she jumped against him and hugged him. Along with that she started to cry, something she very rarely did. Hazumi had always gone out of his way to leave the room if she was crying, as he knew that she hated anyone to see her as weak. It was just part of her personality and he had tried to respect it for years now. He just rubbed her back, as he wasn't certain where to start with this.

"I'll never give up on you Kasumi...never," Hazumi repeated. "Breathe in, remember your training," he encouraged as he looked down at the top of her head. "Control yourself Kasumi, everything is going to be alright," he uttered as he tried to make her calm down before they could speak. "You aren't a bad person Kasumi. I've told you for years that you're too hard on yourself. You're you...and I'd never change a thing about you."
Theme:
None

Back to top Go down
KasumiAsogi
Chuunin
Chuunin
KasumiAsogi

PostSubject: Re: .: Wounds That Won't Heal, Part II: Tale Of The Snow King :.   .: Wounds That Won't Heal, Part II: Tale Of The Snow King :. - Page 3 EmptyMon Feb 02, 2015 5:48 am

Kasumi Asogi

Kasumi looked up at him, her eyes still filled with tears. She tried to do what he said, choking back her tears as she tried to breathe and relax. She still wouldn't let him go as he told her he didn't think she was a bad person and how he wouldn't change her regardless of how she was. It truly seemed to calm the crimson haired kunoichi as the message sank in. She knew what she had to do and she knew, finally, the words she had to say, not only to make him happy but somehow, to make herself happy.

"Zumi-kun... I love you", Kasumi told him as she leaned up to kiss him on the lips again. She only touched her lips to his for a second to make sure he wouldn't pull away from her, before wrapping her arms around his neck and pulling him down to deepen the kiss. Her world spun as time seemed to slow, not unlike when they had kissed on the dance floor. It wasn't awkward or weird, it was calming, reassuring, strengthening. She felt a loving passion inside her that she had long thought had died.

Back to top Go down
Nyrax123
Kage
Kage
Nyrax123

PostSubject: Re: .: Wounds That Won't Heal, Part II: Tale Of The Snow King :.   .: Wounds That Won't Heal, Part II: Tale Of The Snow King :. - Page 3 EmptyMon Feb 02, 2015 5:52 am

Hazumi

Hazumi just watched as the girl seemed to regain her ability to control herself. If there was anything Kasumi hated, it wasn't being in control. She hated to have her frustrations or other emotions used against her. HE could relate, and that was why he had taught her how to calm her emotions down whenever they flared. IF she didn't, it would always spell some sort of a disaster.

Hazumi felt her lips and had no time to speak before she kissed him fully. He started to kiss her back, feeling his arms wrap around the woman as they embraced and shared in their passion. His arms wrapped around her lower back as each shinobi refused to let the other shinobi step away from the raw emotion of what each other was feeling. It was care, it was love, it was happiness...something that these two deserved more than anyone.
Theme:
None

Back to top Go down
KasumiAsogi
Chuunin
Chuunin
KasumiAsogi

PostSubject: Re: .: Wounds That Won't Heal, Part II: Tale Of The Snow King :.   .: Wounds That Won't Heal, Part II: Tale Of The Snow King :. - Page 3 EmptyMon Feb 02, 2015 6:12 am

Kasumi Asogi

Kasumi pulled away from there kiss and rested her head on his shoulder. She felt... Content, happy. It was an odd feeling, it almost felt alien to her. She never thought that she could feel so safe or secure in anyone elses arms, until she found herself kissing Hazumi. With the two of them just standing there holding each other, Kasumi looked behind her, out into the snowy sea.

"I have to admit though, I didn't really think this far ahead. What do we do now? The doorway be damned, but we still need to stop these Order of the Moon. Maybe we need to see some village officials, maybe they know where we can find the Snow King, if he's even still alive", Kasumi asked, her face still pressed against his chest as she sighed that even after all that excitement their future still wasn't certain as long as the Order of the Moon was running around.

Back to top Go down
Nyrax123
Kage
Kage
Nyrax123

PostSubject: Re: .: Wounds That Won't Heal, Part II: Tale Of The Snow King :.   .: Wounds That Won't Heal, Part II: Tale Of The Snow King :. - Page 3 EmptyMon Feb 02, 2015 6:16 am

Hazumi

Oh yeah, the reason they were here. It sucked when a crazy cult was trying to murder you and track you down. Hazumi wasn't sure what to do at this point. "I think we just have to go one step at a time. Perhaps your earlier advice might be best...we do need to put US aside for now, so we can track down the Order of the Moon and crush their faith before they come after us with a stronger force" Hazumi pointed out.

He slowly let go of Kasumi before smiling at her. "We've always been able to put the mission first, I think we can pull that off one more time," he said before walking back and grabbing a few kunai and shuriken before hiding them in his cloak. "Let's head down to the village and see what we can find," Hazumi suggested. He just hoped last night's events wouldn't make people too curious, Hazumi hoped it'd make people helm them faster after such an embarrassing event.

"Come on, let's find a Snow King"
Theme:
None

Back to top Go down
KasumiAsogi
Chuunin
Chuunin
KasumiAsogi

PostSubject: Re: .: Wounds That Won't Heal, Part II: Tale Of The Snow King :.   .: Wounds That Won't Heal, Part II: Tale Of The Snow King :. - Page 3 EmptyMon Feb 02, 2015 7:52 am

Kasumi Asogi

Kasumi walked alongside Hazumi as they strolled through the villages market district. Several people were still cleaning up the mess left behind after the festival, many of the stalls and booth owner still packing up. She had to say, she was a little upset that they didn't get to explore the rest of the festival but if it only took a single dance to reduce them to confessing more to each other then they had obviously ever intended, so perhaps it was for the best.

She had no idea what she was doing, she usually left this sort of intellectual stuff up to Hazumi as he seemed to know how to gain the intel they needed. Then she saw the Captain of the vessel they had come on, sitting on a stool at the front of a ramen bar stall. A bottle of Sake, almost completely gone except for a few mouthfuls in the bottom, was clutched securely in his hand. He was laughing to himself and singing sea shanties much to the stall owners chagrin. Kasumi grabbed Hazumi's hand with her own and pointed the old sea dog out to her... She stopped herself from thinking the term friend as she was no longer sure that term applied to the two of them.

Back to top Go down
Nyrax123
Kage
Kage
Nyrax123

PostSubject: Re: .: Wounds That Won't Heal, Part II: Tale Of The Snow King :.   .: Wounds That Won't Heal, Part II: Tale Of The Snow King :. - Page 3 EmptyMon Feb 02, 2015 1:44 pm

Hazumi

Hazumi glanced over as Kasumi noticed the captain from the ship that had brought them here. Apparently the captain had enjoyed the festival himself, much in the form of drink and a recollection of memories. It was at this point that Hazumi remembered the Captain's warning of the area and how it wasn't meant for normal shinobi like himself and Kasumi. The more Hazumi thought about it, he almost felt foolish for not considering the Captain might know more than he was originally telling Hazumi.

"Nice catch Kasumi, we may have just found our loose lips to share some information" Hazumi said before motioning them both forward. Hazumi walked forward and ended up putting a hand on the Captain's shoulder. "You look like someone who enjoyed a fine night, mind if we join you Captain?"
Theme:
None

Back to top Go down
KasumiAsogi
Chuunin
Chuunin
KasumiAsogi

PostSubject: Re: .: Wounds That Won't Heal, Part II: Tale Of The Snow King :.   .: Wounds That Won't Heal, Part II: Tale Of The Snow King :. - Page 3 EmptyWed Feb 04, 2015 6:41 pm

Kasumi Asogi

The Captain snorted a little as Hazumi and Kasumi's interuption snapped him to some form of attention. He looked up at the two and gave them a big smile as if he was grateful to see them again as he yelled out, "Ah, the foreigners! I honestly didn't expect to see you again so soon, please pull up a chair *hic*", the Captain said.

"Drink? What can I do for ya", he enquired as he thoughtlessly held out the bottle of spirits, obviously assuming they'd take a swig out of it. Waving her hand in front of the bottle to decline, Kasumi sat on the stool beside the Captain, after motioning for Hazumi to do the same. Either way, they were going to get a least a single clue out of him even if they had to beat one out of him.
Back to top Go down
Nyrax123
Kage
Kage
Nyrax123

PostSubject: Re: .: Wounds That Won't Heal, Part II: Tale Of The Snow King :.   .: Wounds That Won't Heal, Part II: Tale Of The Snow King :. - Page 3 EmptyWed Feb 04, 2015 7:28 pm

Hazumi

"What can we say? We missed your company" Hazumi said as he pulled out that fake charm he used whenever he needed information. Hazumi was genuinely a nice person, but after years Kasumi could tell when he was forcing himself to be a little nicer. He sat down before having a decent amount of the spirits before passing it back to the Captain.

"Well to be honest I was hoping to ask you a question," Hazumi said before slipping some coin to the owner of the store in order to get the captain another bottle of spirits. "I was wondering if you knew anything about the location of a Snow King...the way you spoke to me earlier, it seemed like you knew alot about this area. Care to comment?"
Theme:
None

Back to top Go down
KasumiAsogi
Chuunin
Chuunin
KasumiAsogi

PostSubject: Re: .: Wounds That Won't Heal, Part II: Tale Of The Snow King :.   .: Wounds That Won't Heal, Part II: Tale Of The Snow King :. - Page 3 EmptyWed Feb 04, 2015 8:19 pm

Kasumi Asogi

The Captain whipped his head from side to side as he watched the two Ninja sandwich him in. His eyes did light up a little though when Hazumi generously paid for another bottle, although the store owner didn't look very impressed, but didn't argue about the amount of ryu Hazumi had offered.

"Now *hic* ya see that?", The Captain said spinning around, almost to far, on his chair to point at the largest mountain in view of the village. The blizzard outside had died overnight to reveal the snow flats and white mountain peaks that filled the landscape, "That's Hope's Mountain, name so because of this *hic*, pardon me, uh... this village, that's right. It's part of a mountain range that sprawls the entire way through the country, seperating East from West... "The Captain explained, swigging the last dregs from his old bottle before popping the seal on the new one.

"Speaking of big peaks, *hic* you still a lesbian, my dear?", the Captain asked. Kasumi reacted in her usual way, by drawing the kunai Hazumi had given her and flicking it close to his neck.
"None of your business", Kasumi said in a low growl, obviously stirred up and offended by the comment.

"Phew, I'll take that as a *hic* yes", the Captain assumed, raising his hands in a gesture of surrender so she would put the kunai away. As soon as it returned to her pocket the Captain half leaned, half fell, toward Hazumi and whispered, "Enough fire to melt all of snow country huh?".

"Well, like I told ya, no one wanders out of the village, but legend says that in the middle of this country, there is Yokai Mountain, heading north by north-west, a dark, jaggered monstrosity and at its peak, where the air is paper thin, there is Castle Yokai, home to the Snow King's court. Even if you make it past the Wolf King and his hunting packs plus the other nasties and extreme weather you'll find out there, only those the Snow King deems worthy are allowed to enter the castle. Usually I'd call such things a fairy tale, but if he can create the Shield of Harmony, I believe he could keep out those he doesn't wish to know", the Captain spilled. He almost seemed to sober up telling them his tale, before he put his head between his legs and vomitted all down himself.

"That's enough! Get out of here and take the drunkard with you!", the store owner yelled as several customers turned away from the establishment at that sight.
Back to top Go down
Nyrax123
Kage
Kage
Nyrax123

PostSubject: Re: .: Wounds That Won't Heal, Part II: Tale Of The Snow King :.   .: Wounds That Won't Heal, Part II: Tale Of The Snow King :. - Page 3 EmptyWed Feb 04, 2015 8:29 pm

Hazumi

Hazumi remained silent for most of the time, only moving his hand when Kasumi drew the kunai to threaten the Captain. He was giving them information, but they needed a lot more if they were going to actually start traveling out to find this place. Thankfully the Captain's tongue was loose and he decided to share the entire story. Apparently there was something about a Wolf King, but Hazumi didn't pay it too much mind. IT was probably some shinobi that could summons wolves was all, it was nothing they hadn't overcome before.

Hazumi was quick to write down the information the captain provided. Yes, this would do just nicely. They had their lead. "Don't worry, I'll take him back to his ship" Hazumi said before placing down several more ryu. "Sorry for the mess," he said in response to what the coins were for. Hazumi lifted the captain's arm over his shoulder and started to help him walk.

"Kasumi, I need you to gather our things from the hotel room and pay them the rest of the amount we owe them," Hazumi said. "I'll take the captain to his ship then meet you at the edge of town. We still have plenty of daylight that we can use to travel today."
Theme:
None

Back to top Go down
KasumiAsogi
Chuunin
Chuunin
KasumiAsogi

PostSubject: Re: .: Wounds That Won't Heal, Part II: Tale Of The Snow King :.   .: Wounds That Won't Heal, Part II: Tale Of The Snow King :. - Page 3 EmptySun Feb 08, 2015 7:18 pm

Kasumi Asogi

"Okay, I'll be as quick as I can", Kasumi said before turning about-face in the direction of the Hotel and started to sprint away.

She used every burst of speed her body could afford her to make it to the hotel in record time. The receptionist tried to give her a cheery greeting, but Kasumi refused to slow down for any ridiculous customer service as she headed straight to their hotel room. She unlocked the door before shoving it open and ran to their bags, throwing them up onto the coffee table. She made the time to quickly change into her kunoichi combat gear before collecting their stuff and dumping it into their respective bags. She made one last look around to make sure she hadn't left anything before slinging both bags over each shoulder and returning to the lobby to pay for their stay.

Kasumi made her way to the edge of town and set the luggage down as she hoped that she was in the right area, Hazumi hadn't been very specific. Then again, he was a Hunter-nin for a living, so she supposed it wouldn't be to hard for him to track her down. She stared outside at the Shield at the clear skies outside, thankful they weren't leaving during any of this countries harsh weather. She still unzipped the bags and pulled out a pair of heavy winter coats for herself and Hazumi, setting them on top of the bags and she waited for his return.
Back to top Go down
Nyrax123
Kage
Kage
Nyrax123

PostSubject: Re: .: Wounds That Won't Heal, Part II: Tale Of The Snow King :.   .: Wounds That Won't Heal, Part II: Tale Of The Snow King :. - Page 3 EmptySun Feb 08, 2015 8:13 pm

Hazumi

Hazumi delivered the captain back to his ship, thanking his men and explaining what had happened as best he could. The men thanked Hazumi and took their captain below desk to get some rest. After that was done, Hazumi went to a nearby store and purchased a few supplies of explosive tags. While this village might not have been the same as Kumo, they still had weapons to protect themselves. Hazumi bought various other items before heading to the edge of town.

It didn't take him long to find Kasumi as she waited there for him. He nodded to her before looking down and seeing that she had obtained their winter coats. He smiled before taking his and slipping it on. "I'm afraid your training is on hold until after we see the Snow King," Hazumi remarked as he looked towards the Kunoichi. "There are many beasts out here and we're going to be need of our full strength as we march forward. So for now...our mission is your training," Hazumi said before turning his gaze out to the wilderness that lay before them. "Let us go"

And with that, the next step of their adventure had truly begun. Hazumi didn't know what was coming, but as long as he was by Kasumi...they'd get through it.
Theme:
None

Back to top Go down
KasumiAsogi
Chuunin
Chuunin
KasumiAsogi

PostSubject: Re: .: Wounds That Won't Heal, Part II: Tale Of The Snow King :.   .: Wounds That Won't Heal, Part II: Tale Of The Snow King :. - Page 3 EmptyMon Feb 09, 2015 8:10 pm

Kasumi Asogi

Even with the heavy winter coat wrapped around her, Kasumi still couldn't help but shiver a little bit as she trudged through the snow behind Hazumi. They had been walking for long enough that the village had melted into the horizon behind them hours ago. The sparse, wintery, forest that had seemed so small not long ago had grown considerably large as they approached it. While the forest wasn't very dense, it would still provide some wind breaking effect from the bone chilling arctic winds that swept across the landscape. She was ashamed at how the pace toward the forest had slowed considerably due to the thick snow, or at least her own pace had, she had a sneaking suspicion that Hazumi was merely slowing himself down so she could keep up.

"It's going to take us forever to get there at this rate. I'm already freezing", Kasumi told Hazumi as she stepped up her pace to catch him. They had already drastically changed the dynamic of their relationship, so Kasumi didn't see any reason to be to shy about things anymore, especially not in this sort of cold. As soon as she was beside Hazumi, she grabbed a hold of his hand and pulled herself close to him, hugging his arm close to her chest as she pressed against his side in an attempt to steal his body heat.

Compared to herself, he was quite warm, which annoyed her a little. He always handled situations better then she could, which did piss her off quite frequently, but this time, she was just happy that he could be her own personal heater. Despite sharing their mutual feelings for one another, it still felt a little weird being so close to him in this way but since then her reservations had gotten quieter and quieter in her head. She still found herself thinking about Hotaru but she was surprised how much of her attention was drifting over to her friend.

My Friend? Is he technically my Boyfriend now? No, that sounds immature. My Lover? Hmm, na uh, sounds like the title of an erotic novel. I guess, for now, he'll just have to be my Zumi-kun. Although I'm gonna have to work on that one, I guess he and I can discuss that later on when we get a moment, Kasumi thought to herself as her grip on Hazumi's arm tightened, tilting her head to rest it against his captured arm.

Kasumi stayed like that as they trudged along, the edge of the forest getting closer and closer. The closer they got, the more they could make out a display of wooden logs assembled at the edge of the tree line. She could help but cringe as the subject of the display became obvious, human skeletons, wearing a variety of shredded travellers cloths, were speared onto some of the posts, twisted and mangled. Large gouges, some almost as big as her own fingers had been taken out of parts of the bones. She slowly came to the realisation that they were gnaw marks created by teeth. Her free hand instinctively moved to the tanto she kept on the back of her waist as she felt a tinge of fear creep through her body from the grizzly sight. Dried blood soaked the wooden posts as one was very clear about what the display meant, written it blood it said: Wolf Territory. Keep Out.

"It can't be. What kind of wolves could do this to a person? No wonder the villagers are so terrified of leaving", Kasumi said aloud to Hazumi as she lifted her head off of his arm. 
Back to top Go down
Nyrax123
Kage
Kage
Nyrax123

PostSubject: Re: .: Wounds That Won't Heal, Part II: Tale Of The Snow King :.   .: Wounds That Won't Heal, Part II: Tale Of The Snow King :. - Page 3 EmptyMon Feb 09, 2015 8:29 pm

Hazumi

Hazumi had a secret to staying warm that he had discovered long ago. Along with being a bigger guy, Hazumi had developed a technique long ago for surviving the cold like this. He was barely feeling it aside from the wind hitting his face. However, he couldn't help but notice just how much Kasumi seemed to be struggling in the cold. In an outfit like hers, he supposed that he should have been more considerate. He smiled over at her as she grabbed his arm.

"I can do one better than that" Hazumi said. He pulled his arm away from Kasumi's before flicking his wrist in the air. His chains unlocked from their position on his arm before lightly falling around and holding themselves against Kasumi. She would likely be confused until she started to see the chains glow a very light red color. Head would immediately start seeping in to her body. "Being a fire jutsu expert does have its perks in such a situation" Hazumi said as he looked at Kasumi.

While Kasumi felt curious about their relationship, Hazumi did not. He knew that both he and Kasumi were rather simple and straight forward. Whatever would happen would happen and they'd get through it together. They always had after all. Hazumi had enough faith to know that Kasumi wouldn't lie to him about her feelings. If she expressed them, she meant them. She wouldn't dare manipulate Hazumi, not after everything they had done the past two years.

As the horrible images came in to sight, Hazumi seemed much more calm than Hazumi. "It's a lie," Hazumi expressed. "Wolf territory is likely some gang of bandits that are just trying to scare anyone off from coming in and chasing after them," he said as he looked at Kasumi. "I'm sure some bandits just ambushed the villagers and tore their dead bodies to scare people off as a tactic...even if it is real, we have to move forward" he remarked.

"Come on, we have to find shelter. We've traveled long and far and the storm will only get worse. Even my fire jutsu won't be able to warm us without a few walls and rest"
Theme:
None

Back to top Go down
KasumiAsogi
Chuunin
Chuunin
KasumiAsogi

PostSubject: Re: .: Wounds That Won't Heal, Part II: Tale Of The Snow King :.   .: Wounds That Won't Heal, Part II: Tale Of The Snow King :. - Page 3 EmptyMon Feb 09, 2015 9:33 pm

Kasumi Asogi

Kasumi looked up at Hazumi as he explained his opinion on the matter. It made sense, fear could be a powerful component, especially against the untrained like the villagers. Although despite his comforting words, she could help but notice that her own fear hadn't seemed to subside very much. Her grip on Hazumi's hand grew tighter as she tried to use his presence to reassure herself. His judgement had never been wrong before, so there was no point in doubting him now.

"To be honest, I'm not sure which ones worse", she commented as they moved past the warning. She tried to take comfort in Hazumi's bravery but she couldn't help but still be a little bit shaken by the brutality.

Despite the grizzly entrance, the area itself was full of winter beauty, as snow flakes fell between the forest, landing lightly upon them. Several arctic hares ran as they approached, disturbed from their foraging by the advance of the Shinobi. She had never seen flora of the kind that grew in the forest, as nature seemed stubborn to prove how strong it was. Blue flowers grew at the base of several trees despite the harsh conditions. The trees themselves were enormous up close, some of the trunks big enough to hold a small home inside if they were ever hollowed out.

"I don't know where we're going to make camp in a place like this. Maybe we should try to get closer to the slope of the mountain, it might hope more shelter", Kasumi suggested as the snow started to fall harder, the chill grew colder and the daylight slowly leaving behind the mountains as the onset of dusk rolled in.
Back to top Go down
Nyrax123
Kage
Kage
Nyrax123

PostSubject: Re: .: Wounds That Won't Heal, Part II: Tale Of The Snow King :.   .: Wounds That Won't Heal, Part II: Tale Of The Snow King :. - Page 3 EmptyMon Feb 09, 2015 9:41 pm

Hazumi

Hazumi wasn't sure which was worse either. Wolves killed out of necessity, they never did it just for fun. Humans on the other hand, they killed for fun all the time. It was a horrible twist of nature whenever this happened. Humans were the only creatures that justified their actions to themselves. It was why they were capable of so much more evil...but so much good at the same time. It was why more than any other creature, humans were the most dangerous.

Hazumi observed the land and noted the beauty that surrounded him. Despite the horror just a few feet away, life continued to find a way. He smiled as he watched the rabbits run off, disappearing in to a hole that provided warmth that Hazumi was envious of. HE kept the chain lightly draped over Kasumi's body to continue to provide some warmth for her. He knew that she was struggling and he hated it, he just hoped that he could provide at least a little relief for her.

"I think that you're right," Hazumi admitted. "This area is too flat, there won't be a cave or any sort or relief from a storm," he said as they continued to move forward. He narrowed his eyes and looked towards the mountains in the distance. "If we get there and can't find a cave...I'll come up with something" he said as he looked towards Kasumi and smiled. "After everything we've been through, no way we'll let something like the cold take us down"
Theme:
None

Back to top Go down
KasumiAsogi
Chuunin
Chuunin
KasumiAsogi

PostSubject: Re: .: Wounds That Won't Heal, Part II: Tale Of The Snow King :.   .: Wounds That Won't Heal, Part II: Tale Of The Snow King :. - Page 3 EmptyMon Feb 09, 2015 10:16 pm

Kasumi Asogi

"Well I got chains to keep me warm, iunno how you're going to survive", Kasumi said teasingly, sticking her tongue out at him.

Since he had wrapped her in them, she had to admit, the cold hadn't gotten to her much. She had initially been worried they would burn, like she had seen them do to Hazumi's enemies so many times but it hadn't been the case at all. His determination filled her with energy herself, like always giving her some comfort for their predicament. She realised that this journey wouldn't be easy, but she hadn't realised just how harsh the cold would be.

"We had better make it by nightfall, I get the feeling that this is warm compared to what the temperatures going to be at night", Kasumi explained to him, despite knowing he had probably already considered this. They trudged their way through the snow toward the mountains in the distance. Despite the darkness still creeping up, she knew they were going to need to pick up the pace if they were going to make it before the night fall.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: .: Wounds That Won't Heal, Part II: Tale Of The Snow King :.   .: Wounds That Won't Heal, Part II: Tale Of The Snow King :. - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

.: Wounds That Won't Heal, Part II: Tale Of The Snow King :.
Page 3 of 8Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next