Naruto: Ultimate Legends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

DC Genesis

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 19 ... 34, 35, 36 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
Nyrax123
Kage
Kage
Nyrax123

DC Genesis - Page 35 Empty
PostSubject: Re: DC Genesis   DC Genesis - Page 35 EmptyFri Jan 25, 2013 8:37 pm

"It's no problem. It's the least that I can do, considering all that you guys have been through today," Neal admitted as he smiled at the two girls in front of him. He was just glad that he could help out in someway, after all that was why he had agreed to start this kind of thing right? Offering to give money was hardly a superhero only thing to do, but it was that desire to help people right?

Neal hesitated for a moment, before slowly speaking again. "By the way, don't tell my boss I said anything...but my name is Neal," he said quickly. He wasn't sure why he felt compelled to tell them, but after what Nico said about the lies they had been through, he hoped that this might help a little more.
Back to top Go down
Kenji
Kage
Kage
Kenji

PostSubject: Re: DC Genesis   DC Genesis - Page 35 EmptyFri Jan 25, 2013 8:49 pm

Nico Minoru

Molly Hayes

"Hmm... Neal, then," Nico said, giving him a subtle nod. It wasn't a bad name at all. Better than calling him 'Fade', anyway. That was just awkward for everyone.

Once it was their turn to order, Molly reached up to the high counter and pulled her face over it, peaking over. "We'll take a large pepperoni, and a large hamburger, and a large with peppers, onions, olives, and feta cheese. With extra cheese and sauce on that last one!"

Nico looked down at Molly for a second, then back up at the man behind the counter. "Uh, we'll take that last for here. The other two to go."
Back to top Go down
Nyrax123
Kage
Kage
Nyrax123

PostSubject: Re: DC Genesis   DC Genesis - Page 35 EmptyFri Jan 25, 2013 8:51 pm

Neal waited for the orders to be made, after all it wasn't like he had anything to contribute other than money right now. So, he found a place for them to sit while the other pizzas were being made. Since he shared his name, he hoped that it would be okay if he could ask the two girls some questions. That would be better than just sitting in silence after all.

"So, when did you two first realize that you had powers?" Neal asked curiously.
Back to top Go down
Kenji
Kage
Kage
Kenji

PostSubject: Re: DC Genesis   DC Genesis - Page 35 EmptyFri Jan 25, 2013 10:47 pm

Nico Minoru

Molly Hayes

"That's... a long story," Nico muttered, as they sat in one of the booths. How could she even begin to explain how their past?

"Our parents were evil," Molly suddenly butted in. "Well, not all of ours. We didn't meet Victor until later, or Klara or Xavin. But me, Nico, Chase, Karolina, and our other friends Alex and Gertrude. We used to get together a lot as kids, our parents were friends or something. But turns out they started this super evil cult and were sacrificing people to appease these, like, really mean gods that wanted to destroy the world, and they were supposed to be making sure that we would be safe when that happened, but... well, our parents did a lot of bad things. But they left behind some cool stuff for us, like Nico's magic staff, and Old Lace, and Chase's gauntlets, and my super awesome powers."

Molly took a deep breath, kicking her legs back and forth in her seat before continuing. "So, we stopped them from resurrecting the evil gods, but... they all died in the process. Now it's just us, together, as a family."

"Uh... wow," Nico said, scratching her head. "Yeah, that about sums it up."

Then, Molly sighed, bowing her head. "And, I mean I know my parents were bad and everything... but I still miss them. My mom used to read me stories before bed. I really liked that."
Back to top Go down
Nyrax123
Kage
Kage
Nyrax123

PostSubject: Re: DC Genesis   DC Genesis - Page 35 EmptyFri Jan 25, 2013 10:51 pm

Neal's eyes slowly got wider as the story went on. He listened intently, listening at every word for what came next. An evil cult of parents with similar powers were found out by their children who decided to run away and fight back. Wow, sounded like it would make for one hell of a read if it was ever put in to a book form. Neal legitimately wasn't sure what to say at this point. After all, his story wasn't anywhere close to that. Sure his mom was dead, but it was a medical thing, not murder or anything involving super powers or anything crazy like that.

"I'm sorry that all happened to you," Neal said as he wasn't sure where to move on from there. "It must be hard on all of you, but you all seem like you've come very close to each other because of it."
Back to top Go down
Kenji
Kage
Kage
Kenji

PostSubject: Re: DC Genesis   DC Genesis - Page 35 EmptyFri Jan 25, 2013 10:57 pm

Nico Minoru

Molly Hayes

Nico shrugged. "It was a while ago... we've moved past it. Besides, we have each other and that's what really matters. We take care of each other."

"Especially Nico," Molly said, with a nod. "She's like, our mom."

Eye twitching slightly, Nico shot a look towards the girl. "I am not like a mom!"

"Oh, so you don't boss us around and keep us in line?"

"I- well I-" she stuttered, blinking a few times at a loss for words. "That's not really how we-"
Back to top Go down
Nyrax123
Kage
Kage
Nyrax123

PostSubject: Re: DC Genesis   DC Genesis - Page 35 EmptyFri Jan 25, 2013 11:04 pm

Neal glanced over at Nico as she stumbled across her words when Molly talked about how Nico seemed to be the mom of the group. It was funny to watch Nico struggle when Molly seemed to catch her in a verbal trap. Nico didn't seem like the kind of person to really struggle with her words often after all.

"So are you the leader?" Neal asked as he glanced over at Nico.
Back to top Go down
Kenji
Kage
Kage
Kenji

PostSubject: Re: DC Genesis   DC Genesis - Page 35 EmptyFri Jan 25, 2013 11:12 pm

Nico Minoru

Molly Hayes

"Huh, leader?" Nico said, looking back at Neal. "No, we... don't really think in those terms. We're friends. Family. Not a superhero team."

Molly leaned forward across the table, holding a hand in front of her mouth. To Neal, she whispered, "Pssst. That means she's totally our leader."

"Molly..." she muttered, tapping her fingers against the table.

The girl giggled, sinking back into her seat and shrugging. "What? It's true."
Back to top Go down
Nyrax123
Kage
Kage
Nyrax123

PostSubject: Re: DC Genesis   DC Genesis - Page 35 EmptyFri Jan 25, 2013 11:15 pm

Well, that was one bit of mixed information that Neal wasn't sure what to do with. Nico apparently didn't see herself as the leader while Molly did, so who was he to believe? He wanted to lean towards Nico, perhaps Molly was just talking in order to be funny or something like that. Either way he wasn't sure, so he'd just have to try to avoid it for now.

"I sincerely hope that we can help you guys ASAP. I can only imagine how badly you want to go home."
Back to top Go down
Kenji
Kage
Kage
Kenji

PostSubject: Re: DC Genesis   DC Genesis - Page 35 EmptyFri Jan 25, 2013 11:25 pm

Nico Minoru

Molly Hayes

Nico was quiet for quite a bit of time after Neal's statement. She lowered her gaze to the table and breathed out a heavy sigh. Finally, she said, "You know, to be honest, if it weren't for the fact that somebody needs to warn them about the impending invasion, I'm not sure if I'd even care about going back to our Earth."

Molly looked up at her quickly. "Huh? What are you talking about, Nico?"

"Well, think about it," she said. "What's waiting for us back there that we can't get here? We found Xavin... we have no other family, no real other friends, and a bunch of overbearing superheroes who want to keep tabs on us because we're all underage, except for Chase. Here, nobody knows who we are... we could start fresh, you know? And as long as we're all still together, who cares where we are?"

"I guess I never thought of it like that..." Molly said, scratching her head.
Back to top Go down
Nyrax123
Kage
Kage
Nyrax123

PostSubject: Re: DC Genesis   DC Genesis - Page 35 EmptyFri Jan 25, 2013 11:32 pm

Neal once again went silent as that conversation got a lot more deep and personal than he thought that it would. He had been trying to be supportive, but it sounded like Nico and Molly were having doubts about if they even wanted to go back at all. He had not been planning on anything like this being said, and thus he had no idea how to even respond. Neal bit on his lip, trying to figure it out.

"Well...I guess that decision is up to you guys," Neal said as he really had no idea what was going to be helpful at this point. "It's your lives and your decision, we can't make you go back if that's not what you want," he added.
Back to top Go down
Kenji
Kage
Kage
Kenji

PostSubject: Re: DC Genesis   DC Genesis - Page 35 EmptyFri Jan 25, 2013 11:37 pm

Nico Minoru

Molly Hayes

Nico gave a heavy sigh, leaning forward on her arms. "I suppose we have to, anyway. It's not like we can just sit here and let our home get destroyed by a bunch of murderous aliens." She didn't really seem all that convinced with her own statement, though, as she held her head up with one hand, elbow propped on the table, and flicked at an old crumb with her other hand. She watched the crumb tumble off the table and exhaled, gaze going blank in thought.

"Oh, pizza!" Molly shouted abruptly. Two seconds later, one of the employees brought over the pepper, onion, olive, and feta pizza on a metal tray and set it down in front of them. THe other two pizzas, he set beside it in boxes, ready to take back with them when they were ready to go. Instantly, Molly attacked, taking a huge bite out of a slice. "Mmm... delicious."
Back to top Go down
Nyrax123
Kage
Kage
Nyrax123

PostSubject: Re: DC Genesis   DC Genesis - Page 35 EmptyFri Jan 25, 2013 11:42 pm

"I suppose," Neal said and left it at that. He really felt like he should say something, but he wasn't sure what to say. After all, it wasn't really any of his business what Nico and the others chose to do. They would do what they felt was best, and Nico had a point, she couldn't just let their world be destroyed. Even if they didn't have any attachments, that was still a lot of innocent people that would die.

Neal than watched as Molly attacked and wolfed down the pizza that had been brought for her. Wow, she really looked like she was enjoying that. Must have been a favorite flavor of hers. He hoped that she took the time to enjoy it though.

As the girl ate, Neal turned back to Nico. "So you can do magic, that seems really interesting. What all can you do with it?"
Back to top Go down
Kenji
Kage
Kage
Kenji

PostSubject: Re: DC Genesis   DC Genesis - Page 35 EmptyFri Jan 25, 2013 11:45 pm

Nico Minoru

Molly Hayes

"Hmm?" Nico seemed to snap out of her trance, looking up at Neal and blinking at him. "Oh, uh... pretty much whatever I want to, I guess. I mean, the staff has its limitations, but they aren't much. Pretty much no resurrecting the dead or instantly killing someone, as far as I can figure... but even so, I can only cast the same spell once. Hence its name, The Staff of One. If I want to achieve similar effects multiple times, I have to... get really creative in how I word my spells. Like, 'transport us home' and 'take us to safety' would both achieve some kind of teleportation, but as long as they'r worded differently enough, it isn't a problem."
Back to top Go down
Nyrax123
Kage
Kage
Nyrax123

PostSubject: Re: DC Genesis   DC Genesis - Page 35 EmptyFri Jan 25, 2013 11:48 pm

"Fascinating," Neal said as he thought about it. He had remembered her mentioning the limitations of her spells before, but it was still exciting to hear it come from her again. "I had heard about magic before, but I guess that I was really never sure that it existed. Guess that you proved my doubt wrong," Neal said with a small laugh before clearing his throat for a moment. He let it go quiet again, once again unsure of what to say or to ask. It seemed like every time he tried to talk to these people he brought up another bad memory.
Back to top Go down
Kenji
Kage
Kage
Kenji

PostSubject: Re: DC Genesis   DC Genesis - Page 35 EmptySat Jan 26, 2013 1:11 am

Nico Minoru

Molly Hayes

"I didn't really believe in it either," Nico said, with a small shrug, "until I found out my parents were deranged sorcerers trying to bring about the end of the world with dark gods and I inherited the staff from them... that tends to put your beliefs into perspective." She smiled slightly, looking down at the pizza and grabbing a slice. As painful as some old memories were, she found a certain weird satisfaction in talking about it so callously. She had always loved her parents, sure, but discovering they were actual murderers trying to destroy the world as part of an evil cult... it made her see them in a different light. A part of her would always miss them, but she knew for a fact that the world--her world, that is--was better off without them.
Back to top Go down
Nyrax123
Kage
Kage
Nyrax123

PostSubject: Re: DC Genesis   DC Genesis - Page 35 EmptySat Jan 26, 2013 1:16 am

"Yeah, I can only imagine that would make you gain all kinds of perspective," Neal said with a bit of a joking tone. He didn't want to be too light, considering that Nico was talking about the parents that she had probably helped to fight against. However, he also didn't want to be the guy that was just sitting there awkwardly without anything to say. "Well, I bet that you've been able to do a lot of good with magic like yours. I've hardly been able to do anything with my power. Until recently, I was too scared to ever try to help anyone."
Back to top Go down
Kenji
Kage
Kage
Kenji

PostSubject: Re: DC Genesis   DC Genesis - Page 35 EmptySun Jan 27, 2013 4:50 pm

Nico Minoru

Molly Hayes

"And what about your power, huh?" Nico said, as she munched on the crust of her pizza slice. Molly, meanwhile, continued to down most of the pizza herself, already working on her fourth slice. "How'd you discover it? And what kinds of things can you really do with it?"
Back to top Go down
Nyrax123
Kage
Kage
Nyrax123

PostSubject: Re: DC Genesis   DC Genesis - Page 35 EmptySun Jan 27, 2013 5:15 pm

"I don't really remember when I discovered it," Neal admitted as he thought back. "I guess it was over the course of a long time. I started to just picture things happening, and I noticed that I could see what I was imagining, as if it was actually there," Neal remarked. "At first I thought that I just had a really good imagination, but I started to hear that other people saw what I was making," Neal explained.

"I guess after a little while I just started to put together that it wasn't a coincidence," Neal explained as he made his eyes lock with Nico. "In regards to what I can do...I honestly don't know the full extent of it. It's only been really recently that I've started to use it. Before I met Rose I only used it to do really small things....now I'm starting to learn that I can do other stuff. I can make bigger illusions, I can make people hear sounds that aren't really there. I'm still discovering new stuff all the time," Neal admitted.

He left out the part of what he most recently discovered. While Neal wasn't certain, he was almost positive that he had forced Deadshot to feel pain in his head. Neal didn't want to say anything though. He had done it in a moment of weakness and anger, and he wasn't proud of it. He didn't want anyone else to know that he could do that kind of thing to someone's mind.
Back to top Go down
Kenji
Kage
Kage
Kenji

PostSubject: Re: DC Genesis   DC Genesis - Page 35 EmptySun Jan 27, 2013 5:19 pm

Nico Minoru

Molly Hayes

"Ah, I see," Nico said, nodding slowly. She casually reached for another slice of pizza, her apparently lost in thought. Though she was listening quite well to Neal, she didn't really seem to be all there at the moment. "Guess something like that could come in pretty handy. I mean, I can cast illusions, too, with my magic... but I can't really go around doing it all the time and wasting them. Could only do an illusion once, after all."

She paused a second, staring down at her pizza as if wondering whether or not to actually take a bite. She had wanted another slice at first, but suddenly she didn't feel like it. "Mol, you want this?"

"Yep!" the girl exclaimed, downing her previous slice and snatching the one out of Nico's hands.

Looking back at Neal again, Nico rested her chin on her hand and asked, "So, you and Rose... are you two, like... you know?"
Back to top Go down
Nyrax123
Kage
Kage
Nyrax123

PostSubject: Re: DC Genesis   DC Genesis - Page 35 EmptySun Jan 27, 2013 5:24 pm

"I suppose so," Neal admitted as he scratched his head. "I mean, it's mainly used to distract or confuse someone. But still, it's come in handy a few times in the past. I can basically make myself invisible with it, just by making whoever I'm fighting think that I'm not there," Neal added as he continued to watch Nico. "But who knows, if I continue to train it more and more, perhaps I'll be more useful on the team. My friends are also putting me through this huge regiment to make me physically stronger. It's already working too," Neal said with a smile.

As Nico threw out that last question, Neal's eyes widened for a moment. "Me and Rose? No no no no, never a chance in Hell," Neal said with a bit of a laugh before realizing that kind of a comment might confuse the two girls. "Well, I mean Rose is a great friend and I'll always have her back. But she's not really the relationship type. Besides, her and I are too different for it to ever work."
Back to top Go down
Kenji
Kage
Kage
Kenji

PostSubject: Re: DC Genesis   DC Genesis - Page 35 EmptySun Jan 27, 2013 7:40 pm

Nico Minoru

Molly Hayes

Nico actually chuckled a little at Neal's reaction. They were good friends, it seemed like, and yet he didn't consider Rose 'dating material', not that she'd want it anyway. "Yeah, she... doesn't really seem like the dating type." She paused a moment, then tapped her fingers on the table a second, pursing her lips. "But, I mean, you've never... I mean, without dating?" That was the type Rose did seem like, judging from her comments. Then again, maybe she just didn't like Rose much, considering.

Finishing her last slice, Molly looked up at Neal and bluntly added, "She wants to know if you two have ever had sex."

Nico's face instantly twitched, looking horrified. "Mol!"

"What? It's true..."
Back to top Go down
Nyrax123
Kage
Kage
Nyrax123

PostSubject: Re: DC Genesis   DC Genesis - Page 35 EmptySun Jan 27, 2013 7:44 pm

Neal just stared forward, not quite certain what Nico was getting at with her question. It was just a little too vague. He had an idea of what she was getting at, but he wanted it to be confirmed before he offered up too much information. Still, he wasn't quite sure if he even should say anything. Rose might not want strangers to know what she and Neal do in the bedroom together.

When Molly bluntly put what Nico was getting at, Neal was caught between laughing and sweating awkwardly. He didn't expect the girl to be so blunt about it.

"Well, that's uh...." Neal trailed off as he scratched the top of his head as he tried to figure out what to say. "Neither of us in any sort of serious relationship right now. So every now and than......yeah, we've done it," Neal said as he realized how awkward his answer must have been. He couldn't think of a non awkward way to do it though!
Back to top Go down
Kenji
Kage
Kage
Kenji

PostSubject: Re: DC Genesis   DC Genesis - Page 35 EmptySun Jan 27, 2013 7:53 pm

Nico Minoru

Molly Hayes

"That's cool," Molly said, swinging her legs back and forth casually as she munched the last bit of crust.

"Molly... you're being inappropriate," Nico said, giving the girl a stern look.

The girl just shrugged. "What? It's what people do. Besides, you're the one that asked. Whydja ask, huh?"

Nico's eyes suddenly went wide, as she blushed and looked away. "That's not- I wasn't... changing the subject now." She cleared her throat and looked down. "So, um... where you from?"
Back to top Go down
Nyrax123
Kage
Kage
Nyrax123

PostSubject: Re: DC Genesis   DC Genesis - Page 35 EmptySun Jan 27, 2013 7:58 pm

This Molly was really quite the character, it was always hard to tell what direction she was going to go when she spoke. Sometimes she acted exactly like a kid, and other times it seemed like she had a lot more going on in her mind. He just smiled as she seemed to be able to put Nico on the spot and make her blush.

When Nico asked her next question Neal looked back over to her. "Well, I don't know how different your world is but I'm from Gotham City," he said with a smile before looking from Nico to Molly, than back to Nico. "So, what about you two? Where do you guys live?"
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: DC Genesis   DC Genesis - Page 35 Empty

Back to top Go down

DC Genesis
Page 35 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 19 ... 34, 35, 36 ... 40  Next