Naruto: Ultimate Legends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

DC Genesis

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20 ... 29 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
Kenji
Kage
Kage
Kenji

DC Genesis - Page 19 Empty
PostSubject: Re: DC Genesis   DC Genesis - Page 19 EmptyTue Dec 11, 2012 5:43 pm

Rose Wilson

Rose was in the middle of pulling her boots and socks off when Jordan suddenly turned to her and mentioned a Christmas present that she had gotten for her. Confused, Rose gave the girl a curious look and tilted her head to the side. "You... got me a present?" she asked, sounding genuinely baffled. What reason did these people have to get her a present? She was paying them to live there, sure, but other than that... what? Not to mention, she had never received a gift of any sort before... not throughout her entire life. Well, unless she counted some things from her father... but she'd rather not.

When Neal mentioned the Christmas Eve tradition of opening one present after dinner and then pointed out her wrapped presents beneath the tree, Rose took a brief walk over to it and looked down at the floor. There wasn't just one gift there with her name on it... but many. "You... got me presents?" she repeated, turning her gaze back to Neal again. Her expression was... confused, but a happy confused. "But... why?"

Last edited by zanzabar on Tue Dec 11, 2012 5:49 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Nyrax123
Kage
Kage
Nyrax123

PostSubject: Re: DC Genesis   DC Genesis - Page 19 EmptyTue Dec 11, 2012 5:48 pm

"Well of course I did, you're nice," was Jordan's simple answer before turning and going back to the table to help Clint finish setting up the table for dinner. Jordan had a particularly large smile on today, as this was always her favorite part of Christmas. The presents were nice of course, but more than that it was about spending the time with her family and making sure that they all knew they were loved. If Rose was here, than she was going to live the tradition as well."

Neal glanced over to Rose as she asked the question. He thought about it for a moment before glancing at his family. "Well I can only answer for me, but I can guess on my family. For me, the reason is that we're friends. Good friends," Neal added as he looked at Rose again. "For my family though, Christmas is about being as happy as you can be and recognizing everything that's good in your life...I think they just wanted you to feel the same way. There was no way they were going to have you here for Christmas and not give you anything."

"We don't work that way."
Back to top Go down
Kenji
Kage
Kage
Kenji

PostSubject: Re: DC Genesis   DC Genesis - Page 19 EmptyTue Dec 11, 2012 5:52 pm

Rose Wilson

Rose was quiet for a moment, as she looked back down at the rpesents beneath the tree. Her expression softened slightly, almost forming a smile. She quickly stifled it away, however, no wanting to appear too soft in front of him. Instead, she cleared her throat and crossed her arms, weight shifting. "I, uh... I mean... I didn't get you anything. I didn't know..." She didn't know that they would be getting her anything, was what she meant to say. For some reason, she wasn't able to get the words out. Instead, she took in a deep breath and started heading into the kitchen for dinner, pausing only briefly to look back at him and utter a quiet "...thank you."
Back to top Go down
Nyrax123
Kage
Kage
Nyrax123

PostSubject: Re: DC Genesis   DC Genesis - Page 19 EmptyTue Dec 11, 2012 6:04 pm

"It's alright, I figured with your budget it wouldn't be fair to ask of you anyway," Neal remarked. He was giving Rose an easy out for not having gotten them anything. He had bought Rose's presents in secret, as he didn't want her to know what they were. He hoped that she would appreciate them enough. As she went to the table, he heard the thanks that she gave. Neal just gave a nod, knowing that nothing else needed to be said. The gesture was received and appreciated, that was good enough for him.

"I hope that you two are hungry, because I probably made enough for four days of leftovers," Clint said as he sat at the head of the table and took a seat. "Well, no sense in letting it get cold, everyone feel free to dig in," Clint instructed as he began to cut out the turkey. He always cut it up to give to the kids. This year though, he made sure that Rose was the first one to receive it.
Back to top Go down
Kenji
Kage
Kage
Kenji

PostSubject: Re: DC Genesis   DC Genesis - Page 19 EmptyTue Dec 11, 2012 6:11 pm

Rose Wilson

Neal was right about her budget, at least. Over the past week or so, she hadn't been able to collect as much money as normal, mostly due to a slow down of people willing to throw extra money around near the holidays. Plus, with as much as she'd spent on things lately, strip clubs, at the store, videos, special toys... she was only going to barely have enough for next month's rent. Still, as weird as the situation was, she couldn't help but feel a little guilty that they were going to be giving her all these presents, while she didn't give them anything. Best not to dwell on that now, though.

When Clint began carving up to turkey and dishing out portions, Rose took in a deep breath through her nose and groaned softly. "That smells... amazing," she muttered, reaching for her fork and knife. In seconds, she was cutting it up and attacking, albeit with a bit better manners than normal. "Don't worry about leftovers, though, I'll take care of those. I'll ned plenty of energy for my second work out later."
Back to top Go down
Nyrax123
Kage
Kage
Nyrax123

PostSubject: Re: DC Genesis   DC Genesis - Page 19 EmptyTue Dec 11, 2012 6:34 pm

"That is fine by me," Clint said as he carved the rest of the turkey and passed everyone their portions. There was still plenty of the bird left in case anyone wanted some more. Everyone was now serving themselves, Clint had to eat as well. He got his turkey and green bean casserole and quickly began to dig in. His wife had taught him how to cook before she died, and he had made sure to use it well ever since.

"So Rose," Clint said after a few minutes had passed. "We generally wake up around eight to start opening gifts on Christmas day. Is that going to be alright with you? It's somewhat of a family tradition, but if you'd rather do it at a different time than I'm sure that we can adjust."
Back to top Go down
Kenji
Kage
Kage
Kenji

PostSubject: Re: DC Genesis   DC Genesis - Page 19 EmptyTue Dec 11, 2012 6:41 pm

Rose Wilson

"Oh, uh... yeah, eight is fine," Rose said, with a small shrug. "I'm usually up by six to start my work out, anyway, so that's good." She lifted her fork to her mouth and took another bite, trying not to groan too loud at how delicious it was. "Though, I promise not to start opening presents without you guys... of course. Wouldn't dream of it."
Back to top Go down
Nyrax123
Kage
Kage
Nyrax123

PostSubject: Re: DC Genesis   DC Genesis - Page 19 EmptyTue Dec 11, 2012 6:48 pm

At Rose's last comment Neal just let out a chuckle. It was mainly because he could see Rose doing just that, but he also appreciated that she was going more out of her way to actually become friendly with his family. If they were all going to live together, they needed to get along after all. It seemed like Rose was starting to cross the gap to that, and Jordan was getting more open too.

"Don't forget tonight though," Jordan chimed in. "We all get to open one present, that's always the best part of tonight. It's just a big prequel to what will take place tomorrow," Jordan said happily before going back to her food.

"Yeah, Christmas Eve is always awesome," Neal said as well as everyone kept eating their food. They just sat and ate, like the family that they were, like the family that they had always been.
Back to top Go down
Kenji
Kage
Kage
Kenji

PostSubject: Re: DC Genesis   DC Genesis - Page 19 EmptyTue Dec 11, 2012 6:57 pm

Rose Wilson

"Heh, right," Rose said, with a tiny chuckle. They did still have one present to open tonight... and while she was thrilled that they had bought her presents, she couldn't imagine what they would get her, or what she would even want. Anything trivial like an iPod or a phone, or even anything practical like her exercise equipment or clothes, she had already bought herself... it would be interesting, she supposed.

As they sat there eating, Rose carefully looked around at everyone. They were all so... quiet now. And happy. That was when she realized... she was happy, too. She'd never had anything like this before. A home... a family. Aside from a mother that she knew she would never see again, and back in a life that had been nothing short of hell... this family was was all she had. And, to be honest... she liked them. She really liked them.
Back to top Go down
Nyrax123
Kage
Kage
Nyrax123

PostSubject: Re: DC Genesis   DC Genesis - Page 19 EmptyTue Dec 11, 2012 7:17 pm

Eventually, the dinner was completed and the family worked together to store the leftovers in the fridge. That would definitely be a part of the meals in the days to come, unless Rose consumed it all first. Clint wouldn't mind though, as much as he loved leftovers it did get old after a few days. He was glad that his family enjoyed it so much though, it reminded him that he was doing something right.

"Rose," Clint said as he was working on the dishes and Rose happened to be the only one nearby. "If it doesn't make a difference to you, I'd appreciate it if you opened my gift tonight," Clint said simply as he just glanced at Rose. "I think that you'll like it."
Back to top Go down
Kenji
Kage
Kage
Kenji

PostSubject: Re: DC Genesis   DC Genesis - Page 19 EmptyTue Dec 11, 2012 7:21 pm

Rose Wilson

"Oh, uh, yeah, sure," Rose said, as she brushed back her hair behind her ear. She brought the last of the dirty dishes to the sink, then stood next to him and dried them as he washed them. After a brief pause, she continued, "You know, I... I don't think I've really properly thanked you. For taking me in when you didn't have to, for listening to me, and not giving up on me... Other than my mom, which seems like... so long ago, I haven't had anyone else ever really... care for me, you know? I just... it's nice, and... thank you. Really."
Back to top Go down
Nyrax123
Kage
Kage
Nyrax123

PostSubject: Re: DC Genesis   DC Genesis - Page 19 EmptyTue Dec 11, 2012 7:24 pm

Clint glanced up for a moment as Rose began to speak before going back to working on the dishes. He appreciated her words, it at least made him feel like he made the right decision in taking her in when he didn't have to. In fact, most people would have considered it a bad idea. After all, she just as likely could have stolen his car. Still, she didn't and that was good enough for him.

"You're a good kid Rose, I don't regret my decision in the slightest about taking you in," Clint added as he finished up the last of the dishes. While Rose was still drying them he placed a light hand on her shoulder. "Just stay out of any serious trouble and you'll always be welcome here as far as I'm concerned."
Back to top Go down
Kenji
Kage
Kage
Kenji

PostSubject: Re: DC Genesis   DC Genesis - Page 19 EmptyTue Dec 11, 2012 7:28 pm

Rose Wilson

"Well, it's good that one of us is confident," Rose remarked, in response to her being a good kid. She made sure to say it in a joking tone, so as not to concern him, but deep down... it was true. There were more than a few times where she didn't believe she was a good person, no matter how hard she tried to be. Even if she was trying to do the right thing, there were always going to be incidents like with Mac, where she'd end up going to for or doing something too extreme, no matter the reason. That scared her at times, and she really didn't know if she would ever be able to move completely past it. "Thanks, though."

When they were done with the dishes, Rose returned to the living room along with everyone else, where the Christmas tree was. She just stood there for a moment, dressed in her fuzzy, soft sweater. It wasn't the most flattering piece of clothing, and she'd never wear it out of the house, but it was damn sure comfortable. Finally, she walked over to the couch and plopped herself down. "So, uh... presents now, or...?"
Back to top Go down
Nyrax123
Kage
Kage
Nyrax123

PostSubject: Re: DC Genesis   DC Genesis - Page 19 EmptyTue Dec 11, 2012 7:34 pm

"Maybe you should just give yourself more credit," Clint said as he cleaned up the sink so that there weren't any food remnants just lying around. He didn't want to look like a complete slob after all. "Just realize that most people do better than they give themselves credit for. I used to think that I was a terrible father after my wife died, but I've realized that in the grand scheme of things I'm not doing half bad," Clint said before turning and walking away. He'd end on that note.

Once Rose came out in to the front room, Clint gave a small clap. "Yes, presents now would be appropriate," he said with a smile before going over to the tree and reaching in. He pulled out an envelope that seemed to be hidden within the back branches of the tree. "Here you go Rose, from the Anderson clan," he said with a smile before holding it out to her.

Once she took it and opened it, she might be confused to find a single piece of paper on the inside. The only thing it said was, "Look outside." If Rose did as the note said, she would find that outside was something she probably never expected to see. Her motorcycle, the one that had been stolen, was out in the front yard.
Back to top Go down
Kenji
Kage
Kage
Kenji

PostSubject: Re: DC Genesis   DC Genesis - Page 19 EmptyTue Dec 11, 2012 7:43 pm

Rose Wilson

Rose lifted her eyebrows as Clint pulled out a simple envelope from the back of the tree. "What, you get me one of those goofy cards that are supposed to be funny but really aren't? ...Please tell me you didn't get me one of those." Fortunately, when she opened the envelope, she did not find a lame Christmas card inside. Instead, what she found was even more confusing, a simple note that told her to look outside.

"Um... okay?" she muttered, as she got up from the couch and walked over to the window. When she pulled the curtain aside, though, her eyes instantly went wide with a mix of shock and excitement. "Holy shit!"

She didn't even apologize for the language, instead rushing straight outside into the driveway. She didn't care that it was snowing and all she had one were jeans and a sweater, or that she was barefoot, or that it was about twelve degrees out. She ran right up to her motorcycle, examined every single part of it closely, ran her hand along the handlebars, and genuinely could not stop her heart from beating a million miles a second. "This is... I mean... you found it. My bike... you really found it." And that smile on her face? She hadn't smiled like that in a long time... well, except for last night. But that was a different kind of smile.

Back to top Go down
Nyrax123
Kage
Kage
Nyrax123

PostSubject: Re: DC Genesis   DC Genesis - Page 19 EmptyTue Dec 11, 2012 7:49 pm

Clint gave the tiniest of flinches as Rose went out of her way to shout shit at the top of her lungs. He knew that Neal swore, but it was a habit he really didn't want her daughter to pick up. Still, considering that it was Christmas Eve he wasn't going to give her any crap for it, especially because she only said it to show some positive emotion. "Wait here," Clint said before slipping on his shoes and walking outside after Rose. Clint had lived in Gotham his whole life, so the cold didn't bother him that much.

"Of course I found it, I'm part of the GCPD after all," Clint said as he crossed his arms. "The moment that Neal told me what happened I decided to call in a few favors and see what we could find. They picked up the guy a few days ago, trying to steal another car. Apparently he played Grand Theft Auto too much," Clint said jokingly as he walked over and stood next to Rose. "After capturing him they figured out where he lived and found everything. I took a look and found the bike, so I told them that I needed it and they were able to pull a few strings so I could take it home. I've been hiding it for the past few days," Clint said as he looked over at Rose.

"Please don't let me find you speeding and make me give you a ticket. It'd be awkward for everyone," he said jokingly.
Back to top Go down
Kenji
Kage
Kage
Kenji

PostSubject: Re: DC Genesis   DC Genesis - Page 19 EmptyTue Dec 11, 2012 7:55 pm

Rose Wilson

Rose looked back at Clint for a few moments as he explained how he had found her stolen ride and recovered it, only to hide it for the next few days until he could give it to her as a Christmas present. If saying that this was the best present she had ever received wouldn't be completely meaningless since it was the first one she had ever received... well, she would have said so. Instead, she just came forward and wrapped her arms around the man, a man who in two weeks had been more of a father to her than her real father had ever been. "Thanks... I don't know what to say."
Back to top Go down
Nyrax123
Kage
Kage
Nyrax123

PostSubject: Re: DC Genesis   DC Genesis - Page 19 EmptyTue Dec 11, 2012 8:08 pm

"You don't need to say anything Rose," Clint said as he gave Rose a light hug as he held her. He had meant what he said to her earlier, Rose was a good kid and he hoped that she stayed that way. As long as she stayed out of trouble and was a good friend to Neal, he'd never have any complaints with her. After a moment he slowly let go and just looked down at the girl and smiled. "Now, shall we go back inside? Don't know about you but I could use a nice mug of cocoa."
Back to top Go down
Kenji
Kage
Kage
Kenji

PostSubject: Re: DC Genesis   DC Genesis - Page 19 EmptyTue Dec 11, 2012 8:12 pm

Rose Wilson

When Clint finally let go, Rose exhaled and took a step back. She looked to her motorcycle again and smiled at it. "Don't worry, I'll take you out later... yeah, we'll have a good time." Releasing another calm sigh, she then turned back towards the house again as a shiver ran up her spine. "Uh, yeah good idea. A little chilly out here, huh? I could use some hot chocolate, too..." Halfway up the driveway, however, she glanced to him again and asked, "By the way.... what's Grand Theft Auto?"
Back to top Go down
Nyrax123
Kage
Kage
Nyrax123

PostSubject: Re: DC Genesis   DC Genesis - Page 19 EmptyTue Dec 11, 2012 8:17 pm

"Yeah, let's just get going," Neal said before turning and walking with Rose to go back up the driveway. As Rose asked her question Clint could only smile. He liked this girl more and more every time she spoke. "Believe me when I say you're better off not knowing," Clint responded before entering back in to the house.

The rest of the night would go as planned, with Jordan and Neal exchanging gifts with each other for the night. After that they spent more time together, drinking cocoa that Jordan made and talking about the holiday season in general. Eventually though, they went their separate ways and Neal and Rose were the only ones out in the living room.

"Hey Rose," Neal said as he looked over at her. "I know that you're not used to this kind of thing with my family, but I hope that you were okay with it," Neal said before taking another long swig of his drink.
Back to top Go down
Kenji
Kage
Kage
Kenji

PostSubject: Re: DC Genesis   DC Genesis - Page 19 EmptyTue Dec 11, 2012 8:23 pm

Rose Wilson

Once the night had finally come to a close, with presents opened and the others in bed, Rose sat calmly on the couch, alone with Neal in the living room. She sipped from a mug of hot cocoa, her third one in fact. It was amazing how delicious this drink was... When Neal spoke to her, she set her mug down on the coffee table in front of her and breathed outwardly, smiling very slightly.

"It... it was good," she said. "I didn't mind at all. To be honest, Neal... and you know I don't say this a lot, but... I like you family. I like it here... I mean, my mother is the only one who ever cared for me, but she's gone..." Taking in a deep breath, she grabbed her hot chocolate again and took another sip. "I'm just not sure if I deserve it."
Back to top Go down
Nyrax123
Kage
Kage
Nyrax123

PostSubject: Re: DC Genesis   DC Genesis - Page 19 EmptyTue Dec 11, 2012 8:28 pm

"Don't deserve it?" Neal questioned at first. For a moment he was confused, but as he thought about it he remembered back to the night when Mac died at the hands of Rose. She was still bothered by that? The guy was a creep, and as far as Neal was concerned he deserved what he got. It was clearly eating up at Rose though, so he felt like he should do what he could to help.

"Rose, it was only because of you that we saved those girls at the docks. I didn't want to get involved, and if not for you we never even would have tried," Neal said as he looked right at Rose. "You're brave and you put your own life at risk for the sake of doing the right thing. Say what you want about yourself, but as far as I'm concerned I think you're the better person between the two of us."
Back to top Go down
Kenji
Kage
Kage
Kenji

PostSubject: Re: DC Genesis   DC Genesis - Page 19 EmptyTue Dec 11, 2012 8:32 pm

Rose Wilson

"Maybe..." she muttered, bowing her head. She wanted to go on, to argue with him, to explain why she wasn't such a good person. Mac was just the tip of the iceberg. The things she had done, the people she had killed... it all haunted her. Horrified her to no end, in fact. It had been a while since she had nightmares about it, but she would never forget those nightmares. But, as much as she wanted to tell him all that, she couldn't find a way to do it. Instead, she just finished off the last of her hot chocolate and then stood up. "Come on, let's head back to your room... I may not have bought you anything, but I can still give you a present."
Back to top Go down
Nyrax123
Kage
Kage
Nyrax123

PostSubject: Re: DC Genesis   DC Genesis - Page 19 EmptyTue Dec 11, 2012 8:35 pm

Neal raised an eyebrow as Rose seemed to agree with him without any argument. Good, he didn't really want to argue on Christmas Eve anyway, so he was glad that Rose was just going to drop this one. However, it was of course what she said last that interested him the most. He was a guy after all, and he had an idea where this was going. He slowly stood up and gave a small smile. "Oh yeah? And what gift would that be?"
Back to top Go down
Kenji
Kage
Kage
Kenji

PostSubject: Re: DC Genesis   DC Genesis - Page 19 EmptyTue Dec 11, 2012 8:38 pm

Rose Wilson

When they got back to Neal's room, Rose took him by the arms, spun him around, and pushed him back up against his bed with enough force for him to fall back against it. Then, she got down on her knees and crept between his legs, pushing them apart. Finally, she gave him a sly look and said, "Unzip your pants and I'll show you," as she ran her hands along his thighs.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: DC Genesis   DC Genesis - Page 19 Empty

Back to top Go down

DC Genesis
Page 19 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20 ... 29 ... 40  Next