Naruto: Ultimate Legends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

DC Genesis

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 15 ... 27, 28, 29 ... 34 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
Kenji
Kage
Kage
Kenji

DC Genesis - Page 28 Empty
PostSubject: Re: DC Genesis   DC Genesis - Page 28 EmptyMon Dec 31, 2012 4:41 pm

Rose Wilson

"Uh... okay?" Rose said, glancing down at her phone as Zoe hung up. Placing it back down on the table, she frowned and added, "Well that was weird. Something must be going on with her, she sounded pretty... busy, I guess. Said she'd need a few days before meeting again." She hoped everything was alright... from the sound of it, Zoe was really pretty frantic. "So, I guess that's not gonna happen for a few days. Still, I need a shower, so feel free to join me if you want. And see if you can get ahold of Steve; probably should do that one first in this case."

Back to top Go down
Nyrax123
Kage
Kage
Nyrax123

PostSubject: Re: DC Genesis   DC Genesis - Page 28 EmptyMon Dec 31, 2012 6:53 pm

"You go on ahead, I don't really need to shower right now. I'll just catch you in the next one," Neal said before he pulled out his phone. "I'll give Steve a call and I'll let you know what's going on," he said before moving over and grabbing his own phone and starting to dial. He would only put the phone up to his ear before Rose would get to the bathroom to shower.

---

When Rose came out though, she would find that Neal was once again staring at the television. "Rose, come take a look at this," Neal said as he motioned for Rose to come sit down or at least get closer. On the television there was a NEWS crew showing some incident that had taken place in down town Gotham.

"And several officers on the scene were able to depict the shooter as one Floyd Lawton," the news anchor revealed as he went on with the story. "The GCPD were in the middle of moving one of their valuable informants when the incident occurred. The convoy of police vehicles were stopped at a red light when all went to chaos. An assailant on a red motorcycle moved next to the vehicle and placed some sort of explosive on to it before driving away. Before the police even knew what was happening, the hull to the vehicle was blown open, leaving several officers and the information vulnerable to attack," he continued. "The informant was immediately killed as the vigilante known as Deadshot appeared, and immediately shot the informant and several of the GCPD down before making his escape. Police revealed several information and evidence to reveal why Lawton is the shooter, and a warrant has been put out for his arrest."

The rest of the NEWS feed was mainly information about the officers that were injured and interviews from eyewitnesses. However, it was the very end of the interview that some interesting information was revealed. "Lawton also is believed to have a daughter in the Gotham area by the name of Zoe, if any information can be given about these two, please inform the police immediately."
Back to top Go down
Kenji
Kage
Kage
Kenji

PostSubject: Re: DC Genesis   DC Genesis - Page 28 EmptyMon Dec 31, 2012 7:01 pm

Rose Wilson

Still dressed in just a towel, Rose sat down next to Neal on the couch and folded her arms, kicking her legs up on the coffee table. She had been on her way to his room to change when he called her over, but she didn't really care. At least she wasn't naked, which could have been awkward if Jordan happened to pop out of her room. Taking in a deep breath, she watched the news show carefully, trying to withhold any abrasive comments about Deadshot attacking more cops. This guy was getting more brazen, and stupid.

It was when the last note was made, however, that Rose suddenly shot upright in her seat, staring at the screen. But... no, there had to be more than one Zoe in Gotham, right? But hold on a second... red motorcycle... guns... lack of care over killing random people... "Oh you're fucking kidding me," she groaned, smacking her palm to her forehead. "Neal, I think I fucked Deadshot, Junior." She still wasn't a hundred percent sure... but if it was true, then ho boy did she have one hell of a meeting with Zoe coming up.

Back to top Go down
Nyrax123
Kage
Kage
Nyrax123

PostSubject: Re: DC Genesis   DC Genesis - Page 28 EmptyMon Dec 31, 2012 7:08 pm

That comment that Rose made, it just caused Neal's vision to snap over to her. First of all, that was just a very strange sentence to say, but it was when Neal put it together that he also jumped right up and faced Rose. "WHAT!?" he said in almost as much surprise as Rose initially had. "Are you telling me that the Zoe that you wanted to have the threesome with is Lawton's daughter!?" he asked as he stared right at Rose. "Holy hell...do you know how to pick them," Neal muttered to himself before looking at the T.V again. "If she's the same girl...than she's an accessory to murder and who knows what else."
Back to top Go down
Kenji
Kage
Kage
Kenji

PostSubject: Re: DC Genesis   DC Genesis - Page 28 EmptyMon Dec 31, 2012 7:13 pm

Rose Wilson

"Well how the hell was I supposed to know?!" Rose countered, jumping back to her feet. At this point her towel had fallen off, but she wasn't even paying attention enough to care. "She didn't give me her last name, and even if she had, I didn't know Deadshot's name until today! Aaargh." Bringing a hand up to her hair, she paced back and forth a couple times, trying to think. "Okay, okay, so... well I mean I guess the threesome's out now, obviously. But I know where she lives, so, I mean maybe we can go catch her or something? Or at least call the cops."

Back to top Go down
Nyrax123
Kage
Kage
Nyrax123

PostSubject: Re: DC Genesis   DC Genesis - Page 28 EmptyMon Dec 31, 2012 7:18 pm

"Hey it was just a question!," Neal countered back as he looked at Rose. "If this girl had anything to do with my dad's shooting than I'm going to want to know if she really is a Lawton," Neal muttered to himself as he glanced back at the television for a moment. As Rose mentioned that she knew where the girl lived, Neal's eyes seemed to perk up. He quickly turned his gaze towards Rose. "No cops, not yet," he said as he was starting to get an idea. Neal was muttering to himself, as if he was thinking something over. Finally, he looked at Rose with a serious look.

"Get dressed quickly, I want you to take me to this girl. I want her to tell me where her father is."
Back to top Go down
Kenji
Kage
Kage
Kenji

PostSubject: Re: DC Genesis   DC Genesis - Page 28 EmptyMon Dec 31, 2012 7:29 pm

Rose Wilson

"Okay, okay," Rose said, running down the hall back into Neal's room. She came out fully dressed just a few minutes later, already heading outside. "We'll take my bike, just be sure to hold on tight!" Once they were on, she gunned the engine and took off like a rocker down the street, making her way towards the mansion where Zoe lived. When they arrived, she parked down at the end of the driveway and waved Neal along. "Come on, let's go."

Back to top Go down
Nyrax123
Kage
Kage
Nyrax123

PostSubject: Re: DC Genesis   DC Genesis - Page 28 EmptyTue Jan 01, 2013 11:04 am

When Rose came out she would find that Neal had put on a jacket, he had also realized that he was going to need some warmth if he was going to go anywhere in Gotham tonight. "Sounds like a plan," Neal said as Rose mentioned that they would be taking her bike in order to get Zoe's house. If this really was the same Zoe, they were going to have to exchange quite a few words with her. After all, Neal wasn't going to be happy to learn that this girl had something to do with his father's injuries.

As they arrived at the house Neal quickly got off the bike before moving up the driveway. So far so good at least. "Think we should knock and act casual about this? Or should we just try to sneak in and see what we can find?"
Back to top Go down
Kenji
Kage
Kage
Kenji

PostSubject: Re: DC Genesis   DC Genesis - Page 28 EmptyTue Jan 01, 2013 2:09 pm

Rose Wilson

"Honestly? I think we should sneak in," Rose said. "You have your voodoo illusion magic shit, and I'm naturally stealthy as is. Plus, she already told us not to come by, so showing up anyway probably isn't going to start things off very well. Plus, if she really is Deadshot's daughter, then she'll probably just deny it when we ask her. I'm not really in the mood to pull another Mac, either..." Truth be told, Rose still thought that Zoe was a nice enough girl, even with this new bit of information. She wanted very badly for Zoe to not be involved with this, even if she was in fact related to Floyd Lawton. "So, let's go, make with the disappearing act."
Back to top Go down
Nyrax123
Kage
Kage
Nyrax123

PostSubject: Re: DC Genesis   DC Genesis - Page 28 EmptyWed Jan 02, 2013 10:25 am

"Fair enough to me," Neal admitted before focusing his mind on the two of them. It wouldn't be long till anyone around them wouldn't be able to see the two teenagers, but Neal made it so that he and Rose could still see each other thankfully. With the illusion cast, they now only had to worry about actually getting in to the house. "Hey Rose, look up there," Neal said before pointing up to a room on the second floor and far side of the house.

While the house looked completely deserted, there was one room that seemed to have a light on. They couldn't see anyone moving through it, but odds were someone had to be in there right? "I think we just found where she is in the house," Neal said as he glanced at Rose. "So, how should we bust in to this place?"
Back to top Go down
Kenji
Kage
Kage
Kenji

PostSubject: Re: DC Genesis   DC Genesis - Page 28 EmptyWed Jan 02, 2013 10:29 am

Rose Wilson

"Well, I could probably climb up there no problem, see if I could get in through the window," Rose suggested. "Or we could see if any of the ground floor windows are unlocked, or hell even the front door. Might as well start checking." Leading Neal along, she started testing the windows that she could reach, seeing if any of them would open up easily enough.
Back to top Go down
Nyrax123
Kage
Kage
Nyrax123

PostSubject: Re: DC Genesis   DC Genesis - Page 28 EmptyWed Jan 02, 2013 7:14 pm

Before following Rose, Neal quickly tried to jingle the door knob of the front door. Unfortunately, it was locked and wouldn't budge any time soon. "Worth a shot," he muttered to himself before moving back to follow Rose as she began to check the windows. It took them a few tries, but eventually Neal pulled up on one of the windows and found that it wasn't locked. "Rose, right here," he said to get her attention before pushing it up fully. Once the window was completely open, Neal moved inside and waited for Rose to join him.
Back to top Go down
Kenji
Kage
Kage
Kenji

PostSubject: Re: DC Genesis   DC Genesis - Page 28 EmptyThu Jan 03, 2013 1:22 am

Rose Wilson

Rose slipped inside the window and closed it behind her, then turned to look around the darkened interior. Seeing as how she had been there just two days ago, she remembered the layour pretty well. "Alright, the light was on upstairs, right? So I'll head up there and see if I can't eavesdrop, or spy, or whatever. If she's up there, I'll find something out, I'm sure. You stay down here, snoop around a bit, see if you can turn up anything, specifically her last name. If it's Lawton... well, I guess we can go ahead and confront her."
Back to top Go down
Nyrax123
Kage
Kage
Nyrax123

PostSubject: Re: DC Genesis   DC Genesis - Page 28 EmptyThu Jan 03, 2013 6:58 am

"Sounds like a plan, just be careful though, if she really is a Lawton than she must know what's going on. There's no telling what she might do," Neal said before moving his way in to another room. While the light had been on upstairs he decided to stay as quiet as possible, there was no telling if Zoe was actually in the room with the light after all. He would keep searching down here while Rose checked upstairs.

Upstairs Rose would find everything to be pitch black, with the exception of one room towards the end of the hall. She'd recognize it as the bathroom that was near Zoe's room. As she got closer she'd hear the sound of running water and she would notice that the door was slightly ajar. When Rose looked inside, she'd see Zoe standing there in nothing but jeans and a bra. Surprisingly, that wasn't what stood out the most. As Zoe looked at herself in the mirror, the reflection would show Rose that she was injured. There was a single bloody hole in her shoulder area, most likely from gunfire that Zoe was currently trying to stitch up by hand.
Back to top Go down
Kenji
Kage
Kage
Kenji

PostSubject: Re: DC Genesis   DC Genesis - Page 28 EmptyThu Jan 03, 2013 12:18 pm

Rose Wilson

Rose crept ever closer towards the only room in the house with a light on. It stuck out like a giant sore thumb against the complete darkness of everything else. She remembered it as the bathroom, but the door was ajar. Leaning close against the wall, she poked half her face around the corner to peak inside. What she saw made her heart jump: Zoe stitching up what appeared to be a bullet wound. She tried to not bust in right there and throw accusations around, because after all, why else would she have a bullet wound unless she had been sho at, like in the incident earlier that day? She had to wait and be sure, though, even if this was doing nothing to help Zoe's innocence.
Back to top Go down
Nyrax123
Kage
Kage
Nyrax123

PostSubject: Re: DC Genesis   DC Genesis - Page 28 EmptyThu Jan 03, 2013 12:33 pm

Zoe continued on her work, completely oblivious to the fact that anyone else was within a few feet of her. Even without the illusion, Zoe probably wouldn't have noticed anyone there with how much attention she had to put on stitching up her would. It wasn't like that was a task you could do blindfolded after all. Eventually though another minute passed and it seemed like she finished up her work. She put down the needle and stitching before looking herself over in the mirror. She seemed to just stand there for a moment before leaning forward, her elbows crashing against the counter and her face now buried in her hands. Although the noise was quiet, from Rose's position it was obvious that Zoe was crying, and not lightly either.
Back to top Go down
Kenji
Kage
Kage
Kenji

PostSubject: Re: DC Genesis   DC Genesis - Page 28 EmptyThu Jan 03, 2013 12:47 pm

Rose Wilson

Well that... was unexpected. Rose continued to watch from her spot by the doorway, as Zoe sank against the counter and began to sob. Hard, too. Whatever had happened, it must have had some kind of profound affect on her, because Rose wouldn't take Zoe for one to cry, like... ever, unless it was really, really serious. But there wasn't anything she could do about it now. She couldn't just go walking into the bathroom to comfort her. She was undercover, after all, and she still didn't know the whole story. If only Neal would uncover something more concrete...
Back to top Go down
Nyrax123
Kage
Kage
Nyrax123

PostSubject: Re: DC Genesis   DC Genesis - Page 28 EmptyThu Jan 03, 2013 12:51 pm

It was while Zoe was crying that Rose would get exactly what she wished for. Coming up from the side, Rose would glance Neal out of the corner of her eye as he snuck quietly over to her. Once he was right next to her, he pulled something out from his pocket and handed it over to Rose. IT was a family picture, of Zoe, her mother, and her father. At the bottom was a list of all of their names, including both Zoe and Floyd Lawton. Neal just looked to Rose and gave a small nod, they had gotten all of the proof that they needed.
Back to top Go down
Kenji
Kage
Kage
Kenji

PostSubject: Re: DC Genesis   DC Genesis - Page 28 EmptyThu Jan 03, 2013 12:58 pm

Rose Wilson

When Rose got a good look at the picture that Neal brought to her, she uttered a long sigh and bowed her head. Well, it was as she had feared... Zoe was Deadshot's daughter, and apparently more involved in his business than she should be. She glanced back at the sobbing girl briefly, then looked to Neal again and held a finger to her lips. She started heading back down the hallway towards the stairs. "We'll wait in the living room," she whispered. "She just... needs a moment right now. Won't do us any good to ask her questions like that. When she's good and ready, she'll come downstairs... and then we can grill her."
Back to top Go down
Nyrax123
Kage
Kage
Nyrax123

PostSubject: Re: DC Genesis   DC Genesis - Page 28 EmptyThu Jan 03, 2013 1:02 pm

Neal moved with Rose, keeping silent as they left the bathroom that Zoe was occupying. Despite the fact that Neal was feeling a lot of anger right now, he had to agree that attacking Zoe now just felt...off somehow. Although this girl could very well be involved in his own father being shot, Neal couldn't help but wonder why she was so upset. Something just felt off, and he couldn't place a finger on it.

As they approached the stairs, Neal had his own questions. "I'm fine with this plan, but how exactly do you wanna grill her? For all we know when she comes down those stairs she could be armed. You've seen the kind of weapons her father packs, she might be carrying," Neal said despite the fact he didn't witness Zoe's hidden weapon like Rose had. "Should we hold her down to make sure first? Or how do you wanna play this out?"
Back to top Go down
Kenji
Kage
Kage
Kenji

PostSubject: Re: DC Genesis   DC Genesis - Page 28 EmptyThu Jan 03, 2013 1:08 pm

Rose Wilson

"It's late, she's in her own home, and has no reason to think anyone else is here," Rose stated. "There's no reason she would be carrying anything with her. Even if she was, I'd see it before she could do anything. No, we'll give her a chance to sit and answer our questions peacefully, but if she tries anything... then we can be a bit more forceful. She can't get away from us."
Back to top Go down
Nyrax123
Kage
Kage
Nyrax123

PostSubject: Re: DC Genesis   DC Genesis - Page 28 EmptyThu Jan 03, 2013 1:11 pm

"Suppose you have some points there," Neal admitted as they moved downstairs. He double checked himself to make sure that his illusion was still active, when he was confident with it he moved downstairs and waited patiently with Rose.

It was about another ten minutes before movement was heard. Zoe came downstairs, having placed back on the purple shirt that had been next to her in the bathroom. She moved down the stairs and through a nearby hallway to get to the kitchen. Her tears had mostly dried, though anyone close to the girl could tell that something was wrong. She went to her fridge and pulled out a bottle of water before beginning to slowly down it. She wasn't armed.
Back to top Go down
Kenji
Kage
Kage
Kenji

PostSubject: Re: DC Genesis   DC Genesis - Page 28 EmptyThu Jan 03, 2013 1:18 pm

Rose Wilson

Rose waited for Zoe to come into the living room. She couldn't see them yet because of Neal's illusion, but once she arrived, Rose gave him a motion to drop the illusion. While Zoe would probably get a bit of a shock from seeing them materialize from no where, Rose remained calm, sitting back on the couch with her arms folded across her chest. "Hello, Zoe. Rough night?" She then looked over at Neal. "This is Neal, I told you about him already. His father is a cop, you know, a cop who was shot a couple days ago by Deadshot." She looked at Zoe again, eyes narrow. "Your father."
Back to top Go down
Nyrax123
Kage
Kage
Nyrax123

PostSubject: Re: DC Genesis   DC Genesis - Page 28 EmptyThu Jan 03, 2013 1:26 pm

Zoe moved to close the fridge, turning back to face the living room as she did. Once she did though, she jumped and nearly choked on her water as she suddenly saw two figures just sitting on her couch. It took a moment for her eyes to adjust, but as she did she was surprised to see that one of them was Rose, why the hell was she here? Zoe had specifically told her that she couldn't meet up tonight.

As Rose spoke, Zoe's face quickly began to drop as her eyes glanced from Rose to Neal. "Your father was in that attack? Oh god," she whispered to herself as she seemed to grab on to the counter for support. "Is..is he okay?"

"Okay? He nearly died because your father took a shot at him! Most of my dad's friends are dead because of him!" Neal shouted as he quickly jumped to his feet. "Now tell us where your father is! We're going to put an end to this right now, so talk up!"

Zoe shook her head. "I don't know where he is," she said quickly as she looked back from Rose to Neal quickly. She had heard the story on the news, but she didn't think that anyone was actually going to come here to look for her. Technically this house wasn't even registered to a Lawton, it was under a different name. Rose was the only person that even knew Zoe's name in Gotham, what kind of bad luck did she have?

"Look, I told you that my dad only drops by every now and than to give me money and spend a few days with me. I was perfectly fine with that until a few months ago. He left for some special training and when he came back....he was changed," Zoe whispered slowly. "He wanted vengeance on the people that took my mom away, on all of the Gotham underbelly...but the other night when he attacked those cops, I could hardly believe that it was him. HE would never do something like that," she uttered weakly.

Zoe than reached up and slowly rolled up the sleeve to show the wound that she had only just stitched up. "I met with him tonight to try and stop him, to make him give up and just have us leave together and start over........and he shot me."
Back to top Go down
Kenji
Kage
Kage
Kenji

PostSubject: Re: DC Genesis   DC Genesis - Page 28 EmptyThu Jan 03, 2013 1:30 pm

Rose Wilson

Rose listened to Zoe's story with very little sympathy, fully believing that she was concocting a story to cover her own skin. That is, however, until Zoe mentioned that it was her own father who shot her. While a shocking statement on its own, to Rose it meant so much more than that, and suddenly a swarm of old memories came back to her, memories that she would rather forget. Painful memories.

"Your... dad shot you?" she uttered, holding an idle hand against her eye patch. That was something she could relate to.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: DC Genesis   DC Genesis - Page 28 Empty

Back to top Go down

DC Genesis
Page 28 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 15 ... 27, 28, 29 ... 34 ... 40  Next