Naruto: Ultimate Legends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

DC Genesis

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 20 ... 37, 38, 39, 40  Next
AuthorMessage
Kenji
Kage
Kage
Kenji

DC Genesis - Page 38 Empty
PostSubject: Re: DC Genesis   DC Genesis - Page 38 EmptySun Feb 10, 2013 12:25 am

Robin

Nico Minoru

Batgirl

"We'll figure out a plan shortly," Batgirl stated. "For right now, we need to get back to Doctor Midnight's. We can interrogate these guys there, and Nico looks like she needs to get her arm looked at."

"I'm... I'm fine," Nico assured, though her fit of shivering and trembling betrayed any protests she had.

"I've heard that one before..." Batgirl muttered, arms folding. "Everyone back to the office, now."

Nico bowed her head sighing. "Fine..." With that, she allowed her staff to be absorbed back into her body, then held up an arm to grab hold of Neal's wrist, helping herself up. "H-how's Xavin?"

"Unconscious, but stable," Chase informed. "That Midnight guy really fixed her up good, removed the toxin and everything. She's healing now."

"Batgirl, a new one-eyed chick Robin, a bunch of random kids, and aliens from another dimension, all in New York, in the middle of the night," Power Girl muttered, shaking her head. "I wish that was the weirdest thing I'd ever seen."
Back to top Go down
Nyrax123
Kage
Kage
Nyrax123

PostSubject: Re: DC Genesis   DC Genesis - Page 38 EmptySun Feb 10, 2013 12:33 am

Neal used his arm to support Nico's back, helping her up to her feet as best as he could. When that Skrull attacked her, it sounded like he had done a ton of damage. Neal just wanted to make sure that Nico was able to move safely. "Don't worry, I got your back," Neal said before deciding to move out with everyone else. They had to move quickly, for all they knew it wasn't going to take this Skrull very long to transport back to his dimension....world...whatever it was.

God, Neal was going to have such a headache after tonight.

---

They eventually got back to Dr. Midnight's home, everyone moving as quickly as they could so that they could question the Skrull's more effectively. The sooner they woke these guys up and got their information from them, the sooner that they could go on their rescue mission.
Back to top Go down
Kenji
Kage
Kage
Kenji

PostSubject: Re: DC Genesis   DC Genesis - Page 38 EmptyThu Feb 14, 2013 12:09 pm

Robin

Nico Minoru

Batgirl

"Dr. Midnight, your guests are back!" Power Girl shouted through the doctor's office when the group arrived. She set the unconscious trio of Skrulls down in the middle of the waiting room; they were currently tied up with a street sign wrapped around them.

Dr. Midnight returned from the check up room and blinked at the aliens, who had since reverted to their original forms. "Well... this is shaping up to be a long night."

"Don't worry about them," Batgirl said, gesturing to Nico. "We have an injury that needs looked at."

When Doctor Midnight's gaze fell on Nico's twisted arm, he actually cringed a little, never a good sign from a doctor. He reverted to his normal calm a few moments later, waving for her to follow him. "Come with me, we'll take an X-ray."

Nico grunted out a small breath of pain as she moved towards the hallway. She had to keep holding onto Neal, though, else the nausea inducing pain would have her collapsing. Looking back at her friends, she gave them a small smile to ease their concerns. "Don't worry about me... just find out where they took Karolina. Fast."

"Alright, so how are we going to get them to talk?" Rose asked, sitting down on a couch and putting her feet up on the coffee table.

"Oh don't worry about that," Power Girl said, rolling up her sleeves. "I'll have them squawking like baby birds in a minute."
Back to top Go down
Nyrax123
Kage
Kage
Nyrax123

PostSubject: Re: DC Genesis   DC Genesis - Page 38 EmptyFri Feb 15, 2013 10:08 am

Neal did what he could to help, right now that included making sure that Nico didn't fall down and damage her arm any further than it already had been. Doctor Midnight didn't look like he enjoyed the look of the injury, but hopefully he'd still be able to do something about it. He had to be able to after all, Neal was amazed that Nico was even still conscious with an arm in that condition.

As they walked down the hallway, Neal made sure that his grip was firm so that Nico had to do as little work as possible. "I'm sure they'll find the information soon. With how that girl can fight, I imagine that only a punch or two would be willing to get them talking," Neal insisted as he walked with Nico and continued to follow Doctor Midnight.
Back to top Go down
Kenji
Kage
Kage
Kenji

PostSubject: Re: DC Genesis   DC Genesis - Page 38 EmptySun Feb 17, 2013 7:06 pm

Nico Minoru

Nico choked down a grunt of pain and nodded. "Right, of course..." she said, sucking in a deep breath. In spite of the situation, she had to at least try to remain positive. The others all looked to her for guidance, so if she couldn't even remain positive, none of them would. "And... and if they can't get them to talk soon enough, I can always cast a truth spell on them. I mean, when I can concentrate again. This arm is... grraah."

"Careful not to move it too much," Doctor Midnight stated, as he led them into the X-ray room. "Now, very gently, let's place your arm in position." He gestured to the X-ray machine, then stood nearby at the controls. "This will only take a couple minutes."

Nico swallowed another grunt of pain and, with Neal's help, moved her arm in front of the machine. "Ow, ow, ow, ow, ow."

The process took only a minute or so, and when it was done, Doctor Midnight had Nico sit patiently and await the results, so they could know what they were dealing with. When he returned, he carried with him the X-ray results and stuck them up on the light wall. The damage was... ugly, to say the least.

"As you can see here," the doctor said, pointing at one of them images, "your arm is broken in three places, the bone snapped clean in two. Your arm has also been pulled from its socket, and multiple tendons and ligaments have been torn or otherwise strained."

"So... so what does that mean?" Nico asked, trying to hide the worry in her voice.

"Well, we're first going to have to pop it back into its socket," he explained. "That will be quick, but most likely painful... as for further treatment, well, you're going to require surgery to repair your damaged ligaments and set the bones back into place, then you'll be wearing a cast for probably several months. Chances of regaining full mobility are... slim, but not entirely impossible with the right physical therapy."

Nico's expression dropped like a rock. She bowed her head, staring blankly at the floor. "Oh... great."
Back to top Go down
Nyrax123
Kage
Kage
Nyrax123

PostSubject: Re: DC Genesis   DC Genesis - Page 38 EmptySun Feb 17, 2013 9:41 pm

Neal accompanied Nico in to the surgical room where they would fix up her arm, or at least take a good look at it to see what they could do for her. Neal really hoped that this kind of damage wasn't permanent, he wouldn't know what to say if it was. Neal was sure that between them they'd find a way. It wasn't like the arm was completely ripped off after all right? He just had to stay positive and help Nico for the time being.

Neal did what he could to make sure that Nico was comfortable as they performed the various tests to fix her arm. He tried to be as soft and gentle as possible, knowing that Nico was in enough pain already. So he moved her around and helped her with everything that she needed, hoping that his efforts were at least doing a little bit of good.

After the X-rays, Neal listened as they heard what was going to be required to fix Nico's arm. It sounded like it was going to be quite the extensive process, one that she was going to have to continue when she got back to her own Earth. She was going to be fine though, even if her arm wouldn't heal fully.

"Well, I guess that's somewhat good news," Neal finally said as he looked to Nico. "At least it's not permanently damaged."
Back to top Go down
Kenji
Kage
Kage
Kenji

PostSubject: Re: DC Genesis   DC Genesis - Page 38 EmptySun Feb 17, 2013 11:14 pm

Nico Minoru

"And how long would the surgery take?" Nico asked.

Doctor Midnight paused a moment, adjusting his goggles. "By myself? Five hours, at least. Maybe two or three if I had some of my nurses with me, but they're home sleeping at the moment."

Nico shook her head, eyes squinting shut. "No, no that won't work," she said, groaning out in frustration. "That's way too long, I'll never be able to help Karolina if I'm in surgery. Can't you just pop it back into place and put it in a sling or something?"

"I... could," he replied. "But running around like that would risk permanent damage to your arm, and if you don't get surgery soon after regardless, your arm won't heal correctly at all. It could end up essentially useless."

Nico shook her head again, rocking back and forth. The pain was starting to get to her; she felt like she was about to throw up. "Just... just do it. I can't be... I have to help m-my... my friend."

As her shaking started to get harder, Doctor Midnight hurried towards her. "Oh dear, you're going into shock. It must be the pain... stay here, I'll get the morphine."
Back to top Go down
Nyrax123
Kage
Kage
Nyrax123

PostSubject: Re: DC Genesis   DC Genesis - Page 38 EmptySun Feb 17, 2013 11:28 pm

Neal turned sharply to Nico as she seemed to insist on going through with the most basic fix-up so that she could go and save Karolina. Was she insane?! Her friend may have been in trouble, but she was risking some serious permanent damage here, it wasn't something to take lightly.

Neal wanted to say something, but he wasn't sure if it was his place to do so. It was Nico's arm after all, but he couldn't help but worry that she was rushing to make a decision. Neal looked over at Nico, taking a deep breath as he thought over what he was going to do.

It was only once Doctor Midnight left that Neal spoke up. "Are you sure that you want to do this? There's no telling what might happen," he pointed out. "Besides, with Power Girl with us I'm sure we'll be able to save Karolina even if you're out of commission," Neal said before looking down for a moment.

"I'm sorry, I don't mean to intrude upon your decision...but I really just want to make sure you're okay with this before you go through with it."
Back to top Go down
Kenji
Kage
Kage
Kenji

PostSubject: Re: DC Genesis   DC Genesis - Page 38 EmptySun Feb 17, 2013 11:35 pm

Nico Minoru

"BUt I can't just stay here, alone, while everyone else is out helping Karolina," Nico insisted. "She's my friend, and I have to there for her. If something happened to her and I wasn't.. wasn't there, I'd... oh my god."

She cringed suddenly, leaning forward on her seat. She looked ill, green in the face. Looking around the room, she suddenly noticed a trash bin nearby and grabbed it with her good arm. She placed the bin in her lap and then lurched forward again, hair falling down around her face. "I'm gonna... gonna... hurk!"

And then, she vomited quite violently into the trash bin.
Back to top Go down
Nyrax123
Kage
Kage
Nyrax123

PostSubject: Re: DC Genesis   DC Genesis - Page 38 EmptySun Feb 17, 2013 11:38 pm

Neal watched with a grossed out expression as Nico just hurled violently in front of him. Neal had his fair share of being sick, but he had never really seen someone else actually vomit. It was strange. He reached around, pulling the edges of Nico's hair back so that the vomit wouldn't get in the longer parts of her hair.

What kind of an idiot wouldn't do that after all?

"Even if he fixes your arm, it doesn't seem like you're in much condition to go out Nico," Neal suggested as he glanced at the trash bin in Nico's lap.
Back to top Go down
Kenji
Kage
Kage
Kenji

PostSubject: Re: DC Genesis   DC Genesis - Page 38 EmptySun Feb 17, 2013 11:49 pm

Nico Minoru

Nico uttered a long groan as her stomach finally settled down, but she remained hovering over the bin, spitting out the burning stomach acid still lingering in the back of her throat. "Unngh... but I have to..." A second later, she shivered again and coughed out another mouthful of bile. "Or you... could be right. I just... just don't want to be left here alone while they're all... all out trying to save her."

A short moment later, Doctor Midnight returned with a needle and syringe, only to pause when he saw Nico clutching the trash bin. "Well... I guess I can add clean up and sterilization to to my list of things to do tonight."
Back to top Go down
Nyrax123
Kage
Kage
Nyrax123

PostSubject: Re: DC Genesis   DC Genesis - Page 38 EmptySun Feb 17, 2013 11:51 pm

Neal watched as Nico continued to cough up a bit more bodily fluid from the back of her throat. He held his position of holding her hair, trying not to look at what she was doing. "I understand that, but you had to take care of yourself too," Neal pointed out.

As Neal thought about it for a moment, he thought of something. "I don't know what you want, but I could offer to stay here with you if you want. I'm sure the rest of the team could handle the Super Skrull....if you really want some company."
Back to top Go down
Kenji
Kage
Kage
Kenji

PostSubject: Re: DC Genesis   DC Genesis - Page 38 EmptyMon Feb 18, 2013 12:03 am

Nico Minoru

Nico went silent, thinking carefully as the doctor injected her with the morphine. Almost instantly, her arm went numb and relaxed. Finally, she let out a small sigh and hung her head. "I guess I have to stay... but you'd really stay with me? I mean, you don't have to do that or anything." She shifted awkwardly in her seat, looking away. "I mean, I'm mostly gonna be under with this guy cutting around my arm with scalpels, right?"

"And sutures," he clarified.

"Uh... right, and sutures."
Back to top Go down
Nyrax123
Kage
Kage
Nyrax123

PostSubject: Re: DC Genesis   DC Genesis - Page 38 EmptyMon Feb 18, 2013 12:07 am

"If it'll make you feel better, I'll stay. I don't think I'd be able to help much against that Super Skrull anyway. I'm not strong enough yet," Neal admitted as he glanced over at Doctor Midnight. The morphine seemed to be working, as far as Neal could tell at least. It looked like Nico was feeling a bit better.

"It's really up to you though. I just figured I'd offer since you don't want to be alone."
Back to top Go down
Kenji
Kage
Kage
Kenji

PostSubject: Re: DC Genesis   DC Genesis - Page 38 EmptyMon Feb 18, 2013 12:13 am

Nico Minoru

"Well... I don't know," Nico said, with a small shrug. "I mean, feels like I'd just be making you waste you time since I wouldn't even be awake."

"Actually," Doctor Midnight said, "I can keep you conscious during the surgery. It's a new medical technique; I block the nerve endings in your arm with localized anesthesia near the area of surgery. That way, you don't need to go under if you don't want."

Nico lifted an eyebrow, then glanced at Neal. "So... then we could still talk?"

"Talk, listen to music, whatever you want," he said. "I had one patient a while ago who was playing a video game while I worked on his leg."

"Oh... well, I guess that would be pretty nice, then," Nico said. "Having someone to talk to, I mean."
Back to top Go down
Nyrax123
Kage
Kage
Nyrax123

PostSubject: Re: DC Genesis   DC Genesis - Page 38 EmptyMon Feb 18, 2013 12:16 am

Neal just listened as Doctor Midnight and Nico talked about what they wanted to do. It was only when Midnight explained that Nico could stay awake that she seemed to be more open to the idea of them talking. The fact that she wanted to stay awake and still have Neal there made him smile. After all, she could have just chosen to go under if she wanted the time to pass.

"Alright, I'll just go get an update from Batgirl and let her know what I'm doing. I'll be right back," Neal said before getting up and heading back out to the reception area, wondering if they were all still there even.
Back to top Go down
Kenji
Kage
Kage
Kenji

PostSubject: Re: DC Genesis   DC Genesis - Page 38 EmptyMon Feb 18, 2013 12:22 am

Robin

"Th... the docks! The docks! The machine is in a warehouse, but it needs three hours to recharge for another jump!" one of the Skrulls screamed. "Now make it stop! Please!"

At first, it might sound to Neal that the alien was wailing in pain, but upon closer inspection it would become clear that those horrified shrieks... were actually laughter. When he finally got into the room, he'd see one of the Skrulls tied up on one of the chairs, with his foot stuck out and Power Girl directing a very weak, but very concentrated beam of heat vision up and down its underside. She was essentially... tickling the information out of him.

The others watched nearby, though no all of them were interested. Rose leaned against the arm of one of the couches, resting her head against her hand. She looked bored out of her mind. "Worst. Interrogation. Ever."
Back to top Go down
Nyrax123
Kage
Kage
Nyrax123

PostSubject: Re: DC Genesis   DC Genesis - Page 38 EmptyMon Feb 18, 2013 12:26 am

Neal looked in to the room curiously as he heard the Skrull yelling out the information. As he walked in, Neal expected a few twisted arms and bruises. What actually faced him though, was something much more anticlimactic. Well, that was one way to get information from someone. Neal could hardly believe that a trained warrior would cave under something like tickling.

Neal walked over to Batgirl, wherever she was. Once he got closer he looked over at her. "Nico feels like she could use some company during the surgery on your arm. Now that Power Girl is here, I was hoping that I might be able to stay with her. She feels terrible about not being able to go to help Karolina.....so is it okay if I stay?"
Back to top Go down
Kenji
Kage
Kage
Kenji

PostSubject: Re: DC Genesis   DC Genesis - Page 38 EmptyMon Feb 18, 2013 12:31 am

Robin

Batgirl looked over at Neal, hands on her hips. Now that they had the information they needed, they would be heading out soon. "Uh, yeah, I suppose that's alright," she said, with a small shrug. "I have to go, though, since Batman put me in charge of this whole thing, but to be honest it's really spun out of control. No need to overwork yourself on your first night out."

"In that case, I'm staying, too," Rose said, waving a bored hand from the couch. She then dropped her hand and rested her head down against one of the throw pillows. "I need a serious nap..."
Back to top Go down
Nyrax123
Kage
Kage
Nyrax123

PostSubject: Re: DC Genesis   DC Genesis - Page 38 EmptyMon Feb 18, 2013 12:35 am

Neal gave a quick nod. "Alright, that makes sense. If you really need us, we'll still have our communicators I guess," Neal said before glancing over at Rose who apparently decided that she wanted a nap. Neal was surprised, he thought Rose would have wanted to get a bit more action on her first night out. She must have been very tired.

"Good luck," Neal said before turning and heading back to meet up with Nico and Doctor Midnight. "I got the okay to stay," Neal said as he moved to sit in the chair he had occupied before."
Back to top Go down
Kenji
Kage
Kage
Kenji

PostSubject: Re: DC Genesis   DC Genesis - Page 38 EmptyMon Feb 18, 2013 12:49 am

Nico Minoru

"Really?" Nico said, lifting her eyebrows. She actually looked pretty pleased with that announcement. Relaxing back onto the padded operating table, she let out a long sigh and looked straight up at the ceiling. "Maybe this won't be so bad now."

As Doctor Midnight moved in to begin the surgery (he was on the other side of a curtain that divided him from Nico, so she didn't have to watch him cutting her arm open, Nico suddenly sat up and pulled out her pocket knife. "Oh, hold a second." She then cut her finger, prompting her to enter the trance that followed. "When blood is shed, let the Staff of One appear!"

Her staff erupted from her chest a moment later, materializing in front of her and falling into her good hand. She then placed it down on the floor next to the table. "Figured I might as well get that out of the way before you make the first cut."
Back to top Go down
Nyrax123
Kage
Kage
Nyrax123

PostSubject: Re: DC Genesis   DC Genesis - Page 38 EmptyMon Feb 18, 2013 12:56 am

"I'll take that as a compliment," Neal said with a smile as he leaned back in his chair and watched as Nico removed her staff and set it down on the floor so that it wouldn't be in the way for the surgery. Neal just relaxed more. As much as he didn't want to admit it, he was glad that he didn't have to go and fight that thing. When he and Nico had been running from it, Neal had felt like he was legitimately about to die, especially once Nico had been captured. HE didn't want to face it again.

Did that make him a coward? Neal didn't really know.

"So, what would you say is the coolest thing you've ever done with your magic?" Neal asked as he wasn't sure what conversation they should start. He figured he could at least start to learn a little bit more about Nico.
Back to top Go down
Kenji
Kage
Kage
Kenji

PostSubject: Re: DC Genesis   DC Genesis - Page 38 EmptyMon Feb 18, 2013 8:25 pm

Nico Minoru

Robin

"Hrm, coolest, or funniest?" Nico said, with a small smile. "Because once we were fighting this crazy guy with a super sonic guitar, and I turned all the strings into pythons. And that was after turning his clothes into syrup and chicken feathers." Thinking about the incident elicited a small chuckle from Nico's throat, and her smile grew. In spite of her ongoing surgery at the moment, and the fact that she couldn't be out helping her friends, she actually seemed to be in a fairly decent mood.

Meanwhile, back in the waiting room, Rose lifted her head off the couch and looked around. Everyone else was gone now, which meant she was alone. Well, except for the other three in the operating room, and Xavin in the recovery room. Speaking of Xavin...

"Okay, time to confirm a hunch," she muttered, hopping up off the couch. She certainly didn't seem as tired as she had claimed to be, but then she was motivated.

Ever since they had gone out to respond to the Skrulls, something hadn't sat quite right with her about the whole Karolina abduction thing. It had almost seemed too... easy. Karolina was an alien herself, and a powerful one from what Rose had gathered, but she hadn't even fought back when the Super Skrull had taken her. There was also a couple of other things. For instance, right before they had received the distress call, Karolina had been in Xavin's room.

Now, Rose had spent several hours talking to the girl right before that. Karolina had been crying, a lot. Her eyes had been red, bloodshot, sticky with tears... yet, when she returned from the room to join the others, her eyes had been clear, with no trace that she had been crying at all. How exactly could that be explained? Well... Rose was hoping to find out.

Heading down the hallway, Rose turned towards the recovery room door, hesitating only a moment before pushing it open. Instantly, her eye widened behind her domino mask. "Oh, shit." She was right.
Back to top Go down
Nyrax123
Kage
Kage
Nyrax123

PostSubject: Re: DC Genesis   DC Genesis - Page 38 EmptyMon Feb 18, 2013 10:15 pm

Neal laughed along with Nico, just trying to picture something like that. "I bet he didn't feel all that powerful after something like that happened," Neal guessed. After all, it was hard to feel strong when you were covered in syrup and feathers. But that was Neal's opinion at least, he hoped to never go through the experience.

"Come on tell me another story, you must have hundreds of them," Neal insisted as he looked at Nico. She seemed to be enjoying herself already, so Neal figured that keeping it up might help her even more.
Back to top Go down
Kenji
Kage
Kage
Kenji

PostSubject: Re: DC Genesis   DC Genesis - Page 38 EmptyMon Feb 18, 2013 10:25 pm

Nico Minoru

Robin

"Oh I have plenty of stories for sure," Nico said, with a small nod. "So many stories... not sure where to even begin, really. Well, there was the time we thought Old Lace was dead, but it turned out she was just in a prehistoric dimension. That was far more pleasant interdimensional travel, seeing as how we had a clear way back... but let me tell you, fighting a T-Rex is not fun."

They continued chatting for the next ten minutes, while Doctor Midnight worked on her arm. There was still a lot of work to be done on it, but at least he was making progress. And Nico couldn't feel a thing, either. It was quite miraculous, really. A short while later, however, the door burst open and Rose came running into the room.

"Okay, hey! Uh, we have a, uh... well I'm not sure what, but it's definitely a situation," she said, unsure of how to explain.

"What are you talking about?" Nico said, narrowing her eyes. She still wasn't that fond of Rose, and this sudden intrusion didn't help.

Rose cleared her throat, trying to calm herself. "Okay, well, thing is... Karolina isn't captured."

Nico's eyes widened. "What? What are you talking about? We saw her get taken!"

"No, I don't think you did," Rose insisted, shaking her head.

"Would you just stop?!" Nico countered. "Stop trying to get my hopes up! You think it's fun toying with people like that?"

Frowning, Rose folded her arms. "Okay, little miss high and mighty, then explain to me how Karolina is lying unconscious in Xavin's bed right now."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: DC Genesis   DC Genesis - Page 38 Empty

Back to top Go down

DC Genesis
Page 38 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 20 ... 37, 38, 39, 40  Next