Naruto: Ultimate Legends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

The Next Generation

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 17 ... 31, 32, 33 ... 36 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
Kenji
Kage
Kage
Kenji

The Next Generation - Page 32 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Next Generation   The Next Generation - Page 32 EmptyThu Feb 02, 2012 8:34 pm

"Yeah... sure," Raven said, giving a subtle nod. She waved for him to follow, and then started heading back towards her bedroom. This would be the first time in more than a month that they had meditated together... she could only wonder just how it would turn out. That was a month of built up emotions and experiences that they would be sharing with one another all in one go, as their minds melded together in spirit. When they finally reached her room, she led him inside and shut the door behind them. Sitting down cross-legged in the center of her floor, she waited for him to join her. "I've also been meaning to ask... how has your soul-self practice been going? I mean... if you've been keeping up with it, that is."
Back to top Go down
Nyrax123
Kage
Kage
Nyrax123

PostSubject: Re: The Next Generation   The Next Generation - Page 32 EmptyThu Feb 02, 2012 8:40 pm

As Raven was thinking about how the meditation might go, Neal was thinking the same thing. It had been a month, and it had been a very hard month for both of them. Neal had so much anger, and Raven was filled with sadness because she felt guilt for what she had done to Neal. Neal didn't think that she deserved to place that on her, it was his decision to make even if it was the wrong decision. As they sat down Neal glanced over at Raven. "I have to admit that I haven't really done it. I'm probably really rusty compared to what I used to be" Neal said a bit sadly.
Back to top Go down
Kenji
Kage
Kage
Kenji

PostSubject: Re: The Next Generation   The Next Generation - Page 32 EmptyThu Feb 02, 2012 8:50 pm

Raven let out a small sigh at Neal's response. She had pretty much figured that would be his answer, considering all his time spent with the League of Assassins. She doubted that they had anyone there to help him practice such an ability. "I guess you'll just have to practice more in the future," she said, holding her hands out and waiting for him to get into position. "That is, assuming it's still something you wish to pursue. I wouldn't blame you if you'd rather not..." She slowly looked down, trying not to allow the self-doubt within her grow. Every time she wondered on how they had gone from happy together, to barely able to have a conversation that wasn't awkward together, it all came back to her. If she'd just been there for Neal, then maybe he wouldn't have felt the need to run off. And maybe they'd still be together... as it was, it didn't look like they'd be getting back together now, not with Power Girl there to keep him occupied.
Back to top Go down
Nyrax123
Kage
Kage
Nyrax123

PostSubject: Re: The Next Generation   The Next Generation - Page 32 EmptyThu Feb 02, 2012 8:57 pm

"Deathstroke got in my head about how it was pointless for me to learn it because you'd always be able to surpass me with it. He thought that it would be better to learn skills that I had the potential to be the best with........I'm sorry" Neal said in a low voice as he could barely look at her. He slowly reached out his hands and took Raven's into his own, giving them a small squeeze as he did so. It was like putting back on an old glove, it just felt like the right fit. He glanced up to look her in the face, part of him very worried about how this was going to go.
Back to top Go down
Kenji
Kage
Kage
Kenji

PostSubject: Re: The Next Generation   The Next Generation - Page 32 EmptyThu Feb 02, 2012 9:01 pm

"Well... Deathstroke is a master manipulator," Raven said, returning the small hand squeeze. It did feel nice being back in this position with him. "It's no wonder, really, how he managed to get you to follow him like that. Still, if only I hadn't driven you to him..." She sighed again, shaking her head slightly. "But I'd rather not talk about any of that right now. Let's just... meditate." She sat up a little straighter, then closing her eyes and taking in a deep breath. Slowly letting it out, she allowed her mind to slip away with his.
Back to top Go down
Nyrax123
Kage
Kage
Nyrax123

PostSubject: Re: The Next Generation   The Next Generation - Page 32 EmptyThu Feb 02, 2012 9:03 pm

Neal suddenly shook his head. "No Raven, it was and always will be my fault that I allowed Deathstroke to get to me. I allowed too many dark thoughts to enter into my mind. I watched Dickson and the news and I thought that I went from being loved to being a criminal when I was just trying to help people" Neal said softly. It might not be the best thing before meditation, but it needed to be said. "I'm sorry I let you down Raven" he said before closing his own eyes.
Back to top Go down
Kenji
Kage
Kage
Kenji

PostSubject: Re: The Next Generation   The Next Generation - Page 32 EmptyThu Feb 02, 2012 9:08 pm

The meditation session went as well as most of their other previous sessions, though there was a lot to be learned about each other, a lot that had changed over the past month. Raven exuded a constant stream of guilt and grief over those events that had taken place, though there were other, more unfamiliar emotions buried in her mind as well. Most of them stemmed from Power Girl, who seemed to be in a large part of Neal's newest thoughts. He really did seem to like her a lot... and who could blame him, really? She could certainly understand what was going on... and it really was none of her business. So why, then, did she feel so strange whenever she thought about it?

A long while later, when their minds finally drifted back into reality, Raven breathed outwardly and dropped her gaze, slowly pulling her hands back beneath her cloak. After a few moments, she glanced up and said, "That was... it was good. Just like old times..." She allowed a small moment of silence to pass, then added, "You and Power Girl... you seem to really be, um... getting a long, huh?"
Back to top Go down
Nyrax123
Kage
Kage
Nyrax123

PostSubject: Re: The Next Generation   The Next Generation - Page 32 EmptyThu Feb 02, 2012 9:15 pm

Raven had the exact same feelings as Neal had. Despite having been taken back into the Titans, and Raven even speaking to him about how she had forgiven him, it was clear that he still felt like he needed to make up for his mistakes. There was a sense of atonement within Neal, like he needed to push himself on every mission to show that he was never going to forget about what had happened, and how he'd never make the same mistake again. He still felt like he hadn't earned his forgiveness, even if it had been granted to him already by the others.

Neal glanced up at Raven once the session had finished and he heard her speak. "Yeah, it's been far too long" he admitted as he was getting used to reality again. It had been a while since he had entered into meditation and he wasn't quite used to it. At the mention of Power Girl Neal just gave a simple nod. "Yeah, I guess that we are. She's a good person ya know?" he asked as he looked up at Raven. "Still, she doesn't know about what happened. She might act differently towards me if she knew what all of you did"
Back to top Go down
Kenji
Kage
Kage
Kenji

PostSubject: Re: The Next Generation   The Next Generation - Page 32 EmptyThu Feb 02, 2012 9:19 pm

"I'm sure it wouldn't make a difference," Raven remarked, with a small shrug. "She didn't go through it all like we did. It would just be something for her to shrug off right now, if she did know. After all, she really seems to like you, too..." Another small breath escaped her lips as she sat up and headed over to her desk, where she sat calmly on her chair and reached for a book to read. "And I can tell you really like her, as well... and who wouldn't, right? I mean, I can get why everyone fawns over her like that... She's exciting, funny, strong, beautiful." Opening the large book, she flipped to the page where she'd last left off, though she wasn't actually reading yet. She was more just staring blankly at it. "And I'm... well, not."
Back to top Go down
Nyrax123
Kage
Kage
Nyrax123

PostSubject: Re: The Next Generation   The Next Generation - Page 32 EmptyThu Feb 02, 2012 9:23 pm

"I suppose that you have a point, still I can't help but wonder. Hearing about a guy betraying his friends and everything he believes in normally tells you a bit about him" Neal admitted as he turned to watch Raven as she got up and moved over to the desk, picking up a book and seeming to read it. Neal frowned as she spoke so negatively about herself. "You need to give yourself more credit Raven. You are one of the best and strongest women that I have ever met" he said honestly as he stood and looked over to her. "There are so many good qualities about you but you never give yourself any credit. You're so humble and down to earth......it's one of the reasons I fell for you in the first place"
Back to top Go down
Kenji
Kage
Kage
Kenji

PostSubject: Re: The Next Generation   The Next Generation - Page 32 EmptyThu Feb 02, 2012 9:27 pm

Raven continued to stare blankly at the pages of her book. She was really not paying attention to it now, as even her eyesight had gone blurry with how intently her gaze was burning into the book. She realized, though, that it was really because she'd started to tear up. Immediately, she shut her eyes and turned her head. She really hated anyone seeing her cry, especially since it rarely ever happened. She, who was in such control of her emotions. For her to shed tears, she really had to be feeling strongly about something. "I... I know..." she said, trying to keep her voice steady. "It's the same reason for me... why I got close to you. But... I guess we won't be able to pick that back up now, anyway." She swallowed, sucking in a calming breath of air. "I'm just glad you're happy, Neal... really."
Back to top Go down
Nyrax123
Kage
Kage
Nyrax123

PostSubject: Re: The Next Generation   The Next Generation - Page 32 EmptyThu Feb 02, 2012 9:29 pm

Neal couldn't help but hold a small frown as he thought that he could hear the pain that was in Raven's voice. Was she truly sad that her and Neal weren't together now? He couldn't tell, because Raven still refused to share how she was completely feeling. He heard her say that she was glad that he was happy, which only caused Neal to feel worse about it. "If anyone deserves to be happy it's you. You've always helped mankind, done your part to take injury and pain upon yourself in order to help others............and yet I don't think that you're happy at all Raven," he said as he looked at her back which she had turned to him. "Are you mad at me?"
Back to top Go down
Kenji
Kage
Kage
Kenji

PostSubject: Re: The Next Generation   The Next Generation - Page 32 EmptyThu Feb 02, 2012 9:37 pm

"No, Neal, I'm not mad at you..." Raven sighed, shaking her head slowly. Her eyes were still closed, her head hanging low. "I can't be, not when you're just following what you enjoy. You're just being yourself, which is fine... Can't be mad at someone for being himself." Unless that person's self was a complete dick, but then that was a different story altogether. "I guess I'm just... disappointed. Not in you, not even in myself. Just... in how events played out. It could have gone differently, but... this is just how things happened. And I just have to live with it. But we're still friends... and I do like being your friend, Neal."

She was again quiet for a moment, bringing her hands up on her desk and very unenthusiastically turning the page of the book. She hadn't even read a single word on the previous page. "Maybe I'm not happy. But I'm not sad. I'm not angry, either, or frustrated. I'm just... me. It's the way I've always been. The way I guess I'll always be."
Back to top Go down
Nyrax123
Kage
Kage
Nyrax123

PostSubject: Re: The Next Generation   The Next Generation - Page 32 EmptyThu Feb 02, 2012 9:44 pm

It was hard to say anything in reply to that. Raven was disappointed, and she wasn't even throwing any blame Neal's way. She was the bigger person like that. When Neal had been upset one of the first things that he had done was thrown Raven under the bus for leaving him when he needed her. Raven never did that though, she saw beyond revenge and anger despite how she might have personally felt at the time. Neal just stood there, not even able to think of the words that would comfort or help Raven at this time. Had he really been the one to do this to her? Because he went on that one date with Power Girl and what it lead to, was it all his fault?

"I wouldn't want you to be any other way Raven" Neal said as she mentioned that the way she was the way that she would always be. "I wouldn't want you to change for anything, even if I made you think that once.........and for that I'm sorry" Neal admitted as he looked over to her. "You have so much to offer everyone Raven, I've already seen it for myself"
Back to top Go down
Kenji
Kage
Kage
Kenji

PostSubject: Re: The Next Generation   The Next Generation - Page 32 EmptyThu Feb 02, 2012 9:49 pm

"Maybe," Raven said, with a small shrug. Even if she didn't believe it, it was nice that someone thought that about her. It took a small amount of that self-doubt away. But not completely. "But don't worry about it... really, I'll be fine. After all, we are still friends... right?" She finally looked back over at him, smiling and holding out a thumbs-up. It was very obviously a forced smile, as she felt far from being in a good enough mood to smile at the moment, but she didn't want to keep up her mopey appearance, for his sake. He was trying to be so kind to her right now, just like he always was, and she could barely allow it to cheer her up. "I... like being your friend."
Back to top Go down
Nyrax123
Kage
Kage
Nyrax123

PostSubject: Re: The Next Generation   The Next Generation - Page 32 EmptyThu Feb 02, 2012 9:53 pm

"Yeah, always and forever" Neal said in response about them being friends. Of course, it probably wasn't what she wanted to hear right now, but he had to say something right? He was quiet for a moment, not sure what else he should say. After a moment he walked forward and extended his hand. "Take it" he instructed and waited for her to comply. Once she did he pulled her upwards and into a hug, he didn't care if she wasn't in the mood for it. "I never said that I forgave you for that day at the bank because I came to realize that there was nothing to forgive Raven" he said in a soft voice. "Thank you for always being there for me, even if I was too dumb to not realize it"
Back to top Go down
Kenji
Kage
Kage
Kenji

PostSubject: Re: The Next Generation   The Next Generation - Page 32 EmptyThu Feb 02, 2012 10:00 pm

Raven just stared at his hand for a moment when he extended it. At first, she didn't understand... he wanted to shake hands? That seemed rather strange, given the current situation... but if he wanted to... The moment that she reached out to take his hand, however, she was suddenly pulled straight into a warm hug. She didn't react for the first few moments, being too surprised, but after that initial confusion wore off, her expression relaxed, even melted over what Neal said next. And though she never liked anyone to see her cry, she couldn't help it right then, burying her face into his shoulder and tightly wrapping her arms around him. "Likewise..." she uttered, her voice coming out in a tiny squeak. "Thank you."
Back to top Go down
Nyrax123
Kage
Kage
Nyrax123

PostSubject: Re: The Next Generation   The Next Generation - Page 32 EmptyThu Feb 02, 2012 10:34 pm

Neal just held the hug for several moments, needing it almost as much as Raven did. He wasn't even sure how long the hug lasted as he just moved Raven in his arms and allowed her to hold it for however long she needed it. "More than anything else I'll always want you to be happy Raven, no matter where that path takes you" he said in a soft whisper. "Just no matter what.....always try to be happy okay?" he said despite how strange it sounded. He hoped she'd understand though.
Back to top Go down
Kenji
Kage
Kage
Kenji

PostSubject: Re: The Next Generation   The Next Generation - Page 32 EmptyFri Feb 03, 2012 3:57 am

"I will try..." Raven uttered, taking in a deep breath and trying to compose herself. When at last she felt calm enough, she broke away from the hug and breathed outwardly. Her hands held on to Neal's for several moments before she finally stepped back and sat in her char again. She suddenly felt in good enough a mood to maybe actually read the book that she'd taken out. A small smile was present on her face. "It's late now, I'll see you in the morning, Neal. And again... thank you."
Back to top Go down
Nyrax123
Kage
Kage
Nyrax123

PostSubject: Re: The Next Generation   The Next Generation - Page 32 EmptyFri Feb 03, 2012 12:06 pm

Raven said she would try, and sometimes that was the best that we could do. "Alright, that's good enough for me," Neal said in a soft voice as he held the hug for a short while longer. Eventually Raven broke away, her hands holding onto his for just a little before eventually pulling back and moving back to sit in her chair. As she suggested that it was late Neal gave a quick nod. "Yes it is......I'll head out and to my room" he said with a smile towards her. "If you ever need me, don't hesitate to come get me though Raven. Have a good night" Neal said before turning and departing her room in order to head to his own.
Back to top Go down
Kenji
Kage
Kage
Kenji

PostSubject: Re: The Next Generation   The Next Generation - Page 32 EmptyFri Feb 03, 2012 5:55 pm

Meanwhile, somewhere in deep space...

A massive, ominous space ship glided swiftly through the silence of space. While the crew worked at their stations, the commander of the ship stood atop the observatory deck, gazing out forward into the blackness beyond. It would be some time before they reached their destination, but he had patience. Though he'd suffered defeat there before, this time he would triumph. He was certain.

Below him, on the crew bridge, a figure approached, looking up at him. "My Lord, we are making excellent progress. My calculations indicate that we will arrive at our destination within three Earth-months."

The commander's eyes narrowed. "Good," he said, simply. His gaze than slowly shifted downward. "Did you send the probe out ahead of us?"

"Yes, of course," was the response. "It should be arriving there very soon."

"Excellent." The commander clasped his arms behind his back and stood a little straighter. "With any luck, Earth's heroes will be... softened up for us."

The figure down below gave a respectful bow. "I believe it will be so. This time, they will not stop you."

A small grin appeared on the commander's face. "I know."

---

A few days later, on the Earth's moon...

The launched probe landed with a thunderous impact, though no actual sound could be heard in the vacuum of space. Colliding into the soft surface as if a meteor, the device came to a sudden stop in the center of its newly formed crater. For several moments it just sat there, inactive. Then, without warning, a red light blinked on, and the probe began to move. It lifted itself up atop four mechanical legs, then scurried about like a robotic spider to find its target. It located said target a mere two minutes later.

Four large teleporters stood in a large circle, four teleporters that were currently active and constantly transporting a certain lifeform between each of them, never fully integrating it before sending it to the next one. It was a perfect way to keep the lifeform imprisoned, without fear of it breaking out and running rampant again. Perfect, that is, as long as the teleporters remained intact...

One by one, the probe crawled around to each teleporter, firing an electrical blast that caused them to explode. When at last only a single teleporter remained, the probe stopped, waiting, watching. Within seconds, the lifeform fully integrated, appearing in a gradual phase of atoms. The lifeform looked around, as if stunned by its sudden escape. It caught sight of the bright blue and green Earth in the distance, focusing its attention on the planet and taking several steps forward.

The lifeform's expression suddenly grew cross, enraged... and with one super powerful leap, it jumped high out of the moon's orbit, the lack of gravity carrying it farther and farther, until finally the Earth's own gravity pulled it in. The last the probe saw of the lifeform, it was plummeting through the Earth's atmosphere as a fiery meteor.
Back to top Go down
Nyrax123
Kage
Kage
Nyrax123

PostSubject: Re: The Next Generation   The Next Generation - Page 32 EmptyFri Feb 03, 2012 9:59 pm

Meanwhile, back on Earth.....

Neal was sitting back on the couch, just resting and chilling as if nothing world-ending was going to happen soon. After all, what was the likelihood of that with all that was going on lately? Neal just needed to relax and not think of anything terrible. He let out a small breath as he watched the TV. He had woken up early and didn't have anything else to do, so he decided to take it easy this morning and just flip channels. So far it wasn't really working to fix his boredom. The channels had nothing interesting to provide yet.
Back to top Go down
Kenji
Kage
Kage
Kenji

PostSubject: Re: The Next Generation   The Next Generation - Page 32 EmptyFri Feb 03, 2012 10:12 pm

"Good morning!" a voice suddenly exclaimed from behind him. Power Girl appeared, throwing her arms around Neal from behind and pulling him back against her in a hug, her breasts squishing against his head. It had been a few days now since they'd officially been 'together', so they were more open about it around the tower. Nobody seemed to have any problem with it, either. Not even Raven, who had pretty much come to terms with it after her conversation with Neal. "Anything interesting on the tube?"

A couple moments later, the rest of the crew began to funnel in for the morning. Cyborg arrived to start making breakfast, while Nightwing sat at the counter and opened the morning newspaper. Beast Boy joined the other two over on the couches, hoping there was something good on this morning to entertain until breakfast was ready. And Raven portaled in and went straight for the kitchen to make her morning tea. All in all, it was a very normal morning.
Back to top Go down
Nyrax123
Kage
Kage
Nyrax123

PostSubject: Re: The Next Generation   The Next Generation - Page 32 EmptyFri Feb 03, 2012 10:17 pm

"Doh!" Neal proclaimed as he hadn't even heard Power Girl coming. Of course if she was using her super speed there was no way his brain would react in time to notice something. "Hey there" Neal said as he felt her body pressing up against his tightly. He reached his arm back to return the hug slightly. "And no afraid not, just a bunch of really boring......junk" he finally said after struggling to find the correct word.

As the rest of the crew came in, Neal moved over to sit at the table where breakfast would eventually be served. He poured himself some milk and began to drink it before looking over at Nightwing. "Anything interesting the paper this morning?" he finally asked out of boredom.
Back to top Go down
Kenji
Kage
Kage
Kenji

PostSubject: Re: The Next Generation   The Next Generation - Page 32 EmptyFri Feb 03, 2012 10:41 pm

"Not a lot," Nightwing responded, without looking up from the newspaper. "Biggest story is a fire in an old warehouse a few blocks from here. Nothing that the fire department couldn't handle." In truth, the Titans hadn't really had a lot to do lately. Aside from the League of Assassins incident a while ago, there hadn't been much extra crime to deal with around the city. That wasn't a bad thing, of course, though it was a little boring. Well, boring for anyone not named Neal.

Then, from across the room, Beast Boy called out to them. "Uh... hey guys? What's that?" He was at the large window at the other end of the lounge, looking out over the river. In the distance, streaking across the sky, was a large trail of fire.

"Looks like a meteor or something to me," Cyborg said, his robotic eye zooming in on the object and analyzing it. Though his view was magnified, he still couldn't make out much more than smoke and fire. "Not too big, though, no need to worry about any sort of massive devastation, and judging from that trajectory, it'll land somewhere well outside the city, out in the countryside."

Power Girl was staring at it, too, trying to see if she could spot anything out of the ordinary. But even her advanced vision couldn't see anything strange from this distance. "Perhaps I should go intercept it anyway," she said, contemplating. She could easily reach it before it hit the ground. "Would be terrible if it hit a house or something."

"Or I could just hurl a boulder at it," Atlee suggested, who had just recently appeared after taking a shower. "Knock it straight back into orbit."

It was Raven, on the other hand, who felt suddenly different over the incoming meteor. She turned slowly towards the window, in the process dropping her cup of tea. "So much... hate," she uttered, walking over to the window and staring directly at the falling streak of fire. "Anger... loathing... I've never felt such... rage." A numb sensation began to creep up in her throat. "That's no meteor."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Next Generation   The Next Generation - Page 32 Empty

Back to top Go down

The Next Generation
Page 32 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 17 ... 31, 32, 33 ... 36 ... 40  Next