Naruto: Ultimate Legends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Group Idea

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Abdiel
Chuunin
Chuunin
Abdiel

Group Idea Empty
PostSubject: Group Idea   Group Idea EmptyThu Jun 19, 2014 6:12 am

So I got to thinking, and when I get to thinking I have awesome ideas. First, I was trying to decide how we could setup some monthly events on the site. Some little In Character gatherings to spice things up and give us a break from the regular storyline. While I was thinking about that though, I had another idea that would fit into this but have its own purpose.

See, we spend all of this time in our respective villages, but how often do we actually interact with them? We're just...there. We just do missions for them. We just have these wars but ultimately recover from them with a flick of the wrist and a little 'lol- we rebuilt stuff'. So, I thought it might be a good idea to establish an economy system for the villages. This encourages our nin to go out on missions that support the village's wealth. The actual Economy of the villages could be represented by tiers with choices for the Kages to make. Low tiers require them to make a decision that hinders an all-around stat of their village's nins (Food shortage/Water shortage/supply shortage-things like that), while high tiers can provide bonuses.

And now we get back to the monthly events. I could setup an NPC Daimyo with extremely wealthy lands that calls together the main villages for a peaceful assembly. We'd host contests for all the nin (Chunin and up) from beauty contests to game competitions, and the winner would gain a reward for their village. Meanwhile, the Kages would be given the opportunity to show and join the Daimyo in a game to gamble some of their village's money. To ensure damage isn't serious, there's a fair limit set down between each village that while safe still gives a generous pot to take home.

Kages have the right to send someone representing them to remain in their village, but there will be a powerful force for their home sent by the Daimyo if they choose to make a personal appearance. Since the events are largely designated by OOC for fun, this would be our cushion to ensure that nothing changes while everyone is present. Ground rules set by the Daimyo for his own parties would demand peace while in progress.

Basically, we get our own opportunity to have characters that wouldn't normally interact meet up and even let loose. We set a system that keeps us motivated to support our villages, and we have something to encourage alliances or spark war. We also get our opportunity to establish HOW people create organizations, or their own villages. Running high-end missions hardcore with the nin involved in its generation to try and pick up its own financial stability, or in the case of a village bolster its numbers with fodder-nin and workers.

This might take a little thought all around, and some hammering down...so go ahead and tell me what you guys think.
Back to top Go down
Kenji
Kage
Kage
Kenji

Group Idea Empty
PostSubject: Re: Group Idea   Group Idea EmptyThu Jun 19, 2014 2:22 pm

Well...when recreating the site, the idea was to keep the system as simple as possible Having a complex and detailed economy system that every village would have to strictly adhere to could get much more complicated and frustrating than we want, as well as a lot of work to keep track of. The fact is that not a lot of people have a ton of time on their hands these days, not like they used to, so this could cause a headache for people to have to keep up with during the time that they have. While the idea of some kind of periodic small events could work, I don't believe that tying it into an economical system would be worth the complications it would cause.
Back to top Go down
Abdiel
Chuunin
Chuunin
Abdiel

Group Idea Empty
PostSubject: Re: Group Idea   Group Idea EmptyThu Jun 19, 2014 3:14 pm

The events were just me having a little fun with it. The economy system on its own isn't really complicated.

Let's just say...

Tier 1: Base Economy
-Kage selects one sacrifice of about 3 Negative Impacts on the village.

Tier 2: Balanced

Tier 3: Kage selects one bonus.

To step up from the base tier, we just do missions. Low ranks being easy to handle, and high ranks being a little more straining. But for those times when we aren't busy and its not our post, we get something to post up that happened 'some other time' in the month apart from our actual rp. Designate a number for each mission rank, and tack that number onto the village's quota.

If you're still iffy, why not have a trial run? I'd prepare everything on the side, and one of you guys could slap it up somewhere after reviewing it. We set a post for it on each village. Everyone responds to the post to link a mission when its completed, and its rank. On the 1st of every month, we put the Kage's choice into affect and start that month. Since we're already ahead of this month, the trial could be as simple as the 1, 2, 3 tier I listed.
Back to top Go down
Kenji
Kage
Kage
Kenji

Group Idea Empty
PostSubject: Re: Group Idea   Group Idea EmptyThu Jun 19, 2014 3:52 pm

I'll talk to the other mods about it, but I don't see it as being something they'll jump at. Maybe I'll be wrong.
Back to top Go down
Nyrax123
Kage
Kage
Nyrax123

Group Idea Empty
PostSubject: Re: Group Idea   Group Idea EmptyThu Jun 19, 2014 10:48 pm

I think this is a system that could work, but to be honest I have no desire to implement it. I'll side with whatever the group wants to do, but I fear that this would cause problems and take away from the stories that are being created. I like the direction that we're going in, but if we started competitions again I fear that it'd get too grindy/competitive again, and that personally is one of the reasons that I got really fed up with the site at one point.

But like I said, if the group wants to do it I'm willing to hear further arguments. But it would take a lot to get me fully convinced.
Back to top Go down
Abdiel
Chuunin
Chuunin
Abdiel

Group Idea Empty
PostSubject: Re: Group Idea   Group Idea EmptyFri Jun 20, 2014 4:25 am

If the tiers are simple, it shouldn't explode into some ridiculous battle between players. Its really not supposed to be about getting above everyone else...its more about motivating us to fill our down time and support the villages we're in. Aaaand I'm not suggesting we have 'grind the entire month' tiers that put those of us with free time ahead of everyone else. I just think it might be fun and keep us motivated to head out on missions.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Group Idea Empty
PostSubject: Re: Group Idea   Group Idea Empty

Back to top Go down

Group Idea
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Naruto: Ultimate Legends :: General :: General Chat-
Jump to: