Naruto: Ultimate Legends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Family Luncheon - Asami/Shiro

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Kenji
Kage
Kage
Kenji

Family Luncheon - Asami/Shiro Empty
PostSubject: Family Luncheon - Asami/Shiro   Family Luncheon - Asami/Shiro EmptyMon Jun 16, 2014 7:08 pm

Asami Yuki
"Two cups of miso ramen, please," Asami said, walking up to the small noodle stand on the side of the street.

The man behind the counter squinted at her and leaned closer, as if trying to make sure he was seeing correctly. When he finally realized who she was, his eyes widened and he immediately got to filling her order. "Oh, Mizukage-sama! Yes, right away, two cups coming right up!"

When the order was ready, she thanked the man and paid for the food, adding in a little extra for for the service. She then walked over to a nearby bench and passed one of the cups to the boy sitting there waiting for her. "Here you go, Shiro-kun," she said, sitting next to him. "So, how is your mother doing?" Shiro's mother just so happened to be Asami's sister--which made this boy her nephew.
Mood: Calm
Condition: Healthy
Stamina: 10 • Speed: 10 • Strength: 2 • Intelligence: 8 • Chakra Control: 10
Back to top Go down
Marz
Kage
Kage
Marz

PostSubject: Re: Family Luncheon - Asami/Shiro   Family Luncheon - Asami/Shiro EmptyMon Jun 16, 2014 7:26 pm

Shiro Yuki

Shiro waited happily for the noodles taking them thankfully and starting in with a bite, thinking of the way to put how his mother was. With a gulp to clear his throat he began the explanation in earnest. "She's nervous, her little boy is all grown up and a Genin." He was obviously embarrassed about his mother's behavior. He was her only son after all. "It's like the worlds over to her, or something. I don't see what the big deal is. This is just the next step in my life as a Shinobi it's not like I'm movin' out of the house or anything, but she's practically in tears every time we talk."

The young man took another bite of noodles and quickly. "Dad is doing his best to get her to focus on other things but that's going over like an snowball in hell."
Genin
Stamina:
Speed:
Strength:
Intelligence:
C. Control:
Back to top Go down
Kenji
Kage
Kage
Kenji

PostSubject: Re: Family Luncheon - Asami/Shiro   Family Luncheon - Asami/Shiro EmptyMon Jun 16, 2014 7:33 pm

Asami Yuki
"Hmm, she always was the worrying one of us growing up," Asami replied. She paused and took a moment to gulp down a mouthful of noodles. It really was delicious, especially for a small stand like this. She found that it was the smaller places that put a lot more care into their food. "She'll come around eventually, she just needs to get used to the change. You should have seen her after I got out of the hospital when I was a chuunin. She never wanted me to leave my room again."
Back to top Go down
Marz
Kage
Kage
Marz

PostSubject: Re: Family Luncheon - Asami/Shiro   Family Luncheon - Asami/Shiro EmptyMon Jun 16, 2014 7:44 pm

Shiro Yuki

Shiro nodded. His eyes darted to his aunt's scar. Even after all these years it was still as present as ever. However his eyes didn't linger on it long, he didn't want to make it a big thing. Still the point about his mother being the worrying type wasn't lost on him. "Asami-sama." He spoke, obviously chainging the subject, by not calling her his aunt. This was formal speak preempting something important to him. "Grandfather has been acting weirdly, talking with the village elders and Daimyo's ministers many times of day. He's been seeking a lot of audiences lately. I'm not sure why, but it's just been something bothering me."

The particular man in question was Asami and his mother's Father. A stern old man who should have been in the autumn of his life and enjoying time fishing was getting his hands into the political and Shiro wasn't sure to what ends, though with as close to what he and Asami were, it was likely that he wasn't going to be let in on whatever was going on. However Asami's sister would most likely know for sure.
Genin
Stamina:
Speed:
Strength:
Intelligence:
C. Control:
Back to top Go down
Kenji
Kage
Kage
Kenji

PostSubject: Re: Family Luncheon - Asami/Shiro   Family Luncheon - Asami/Shiro EmptyMon Jun 16, 2014 8:00 pm

Asami Yuki
Asami was quiet for a moment, chowing down on the remainder of her ramen before answering. She could understand Shiro's concern, especially since her father had always been a bit of a power player in Kiri. Back when she had been chosen as the new Mizukage, he had been the only one who had lobbied for the council to reconsider their decision. She didn't know whether that had been because he was concerned about her being put into a position of power at such a young age, or because he had another agenda, but he had always done things like that. As long as it suited his needs, he didn't care who he had to step on.

"I wouldn't worry too much about it," she said, with a subtle sigh. "He's just being his usual, senile self. I don't think the poor man has ever had a relaxing day in his life, and he doesn't show any signs of slowing down. Perhaps one of these days he'll actually retire."
Back to top Go down
Marz
Kage
Kage
Marz

PostSubject: Re: Family Luncheon - Asami/Shiro   Family Luncheon - Asami/Shiro EmptyMon Jun 16, 2014 8:08 pm

Shiro Yuki

"I guess that he's always been like that then." His aunt knew him longer, but for all his life Shiro knew his grandfather as a busy body. He was unsure of what was up, though unaware of his grandfather's trying to reconsider his Aunt's position of power, he knew the man was up to something why else would he visit everyone else buy his own daughter the Mizukage?

Shiro quickly finished his lunch. "You should drop by the house some time. Mom has started changing her stir-fry recipe. I think it's really good and I think that the family," Most of them, "would be happy to see you." He knew his Aunt was a busy person, but a person could never be too busy for their family though Asami didn't have a Husband or kids of her own yet her extended family would always welcome her into their home.
Genin
Stamina:
Speed:
Strength:
Intelligence:
C. Control:
Back to top Go down
Kenji
Kage
Kage
Kenji

PostSubject: Re: Family Luncheon - Asami/Shiro   Family Luncheon - Asami/Shiro EmptyMon Jun 16, 2014 8:14 pm

Asami Yuki
Asami thought a moment and chuckled softly. It was a very quiet laugh, almost inaudible; she was never very hood at allowing herself to outwardly show what she was feeling. "Well, I can't say I would be looking forward to my mother wondering when I'm going to get married and give her more grandchildren."

She had always been far too busy to find time for a boyfriend, even less so a husband and kids. Her training growing up had demanded almost all of her time, especially with her having been considered a clan prodigy. Still, her mother kept pushing her to settle down with a nice man, even when being Mizukage all but demanded that she have no social life. "But, I suppose it would be nice to see everyone. It's been a while, and my sister does make the best stir fry in the village."
Back to top Go down
Marz
Kage
Kage
Marz

PostSubject: Re: Family Luncheon - Asami/Shiro   Family Luncheon - Asami/Shiro EmptyTue Jun 17, 2014 1:28 am

Shiro Yuki

His aunt was the most eligible bachelorette in the entire Land of Water. A fact not lost on some, and Shiro remembered occasionally suitors would come calling. Her current status showed how well that went for the would-be husbands.

Shiro stood to his feet. "I should let you get back to that mountain of paperwork you call a Job. I have to get back to Ice-technique training with dad." He turned to his Aunt and bowed. "Mizukage-sama." He bade farewell. It was very formal but also an inside joke between the two of them. No matter what position she had she'd still always be his aunt.

With that he turned to leave.
Genin
Stamina:
Speed:
Strength:
Intelligence:
C. Control:
Back to top Go down
Kenji
Kage
Kage
Kenji

PostSubject: Re: Family Luncheon - Asami/Shiro   Family Luncheon - Asami/Shiro EmptyTue Jun 17, 2014 8:03 am

Asami Yuki
"Well now hold on," Asami said, hurrying next to her nephew. "Are you really trying to leave already? We've only just started, and I cleared my entire afternoon to spend time with you, you know." She paused a moment, placing a finger on her lips in thought. "Tell you what, how about we go somewhere private and you can show me how some of your jutsus are coming along?"
Back to top Go down
Marz
Kage
Kage
Marz

PostSubject: Re: Family Luncheon - Asami/Shiro   Family Luncheon - Asami/Shiro EmptyTue Jun 17, 2014 11:49 am

Shiro Yuki

Shiro froze in his tracks and turned back around. He'd just been offered advice or private lessons from the most talented Shinobi of her generation and of his family. Of course he would take it. "Alright." Shiro agreed with barely contained glee.

He wasn't a prodigy, not like her, but he had mastered several ice element techniques which he wished to show her and even had permutations on those techniques, most of which came from spying on watching other family members train and build custom techniques by modifying existing age old family techniques.
Genin
Stamina:
Speed:
Strength:
Intelligence:
C. Control:
Back to top Go down
Kenji
Kage
Kage
Kenji

PostSubject: Re: Family Luncheon - Asami/Shiro   Family Luncheon - Asami/Shiro EmptyTue Jun 17, 2014 6:53 pm

Asami Yuki
Asami smiled and waved for Shiro to follow her. "Excellent, let's go then." She led them towards the edge of the village, to one of the less frequently utilized training grounds. It was a simple grass clearing with a pond in the middle of it, as well as a couple trees and a few training dummies. It wasn't as impressive as some of the better outfitted training facilities, but it got the job done.

"So tell me, have you managed to master the Snow Storm Swallows technique yet?" she asked. The Tsubame Fubuki jutsu was a very simple ice technique, meant to fire off a few ice needles in the shape of flying swallows. She had first showed him the technique years ago, and she knew that he had been practicing it, but hadn't seen his progress in quite some time.
Back to top Go down
Marz
Kage
Kage
Marz

PostSubject: Re: Family Luncheon - Asami/Shiro   Family Luncheon - Asami/Shiro EmptyTue Jun 17, 2014 7:12 pm

Shiro Yuki

Shiro followed his Aunt, to one of the further training grounds. He usually chose one that was closer to the village to spend those few precious extra minutes practicing technique instead of walking to the training ground. The training ground itself was as unimpressive and basic as it could be.

"Of course. I understand you can hit three moving targets at the same time." He took up his stance and quickly rattled off the seals, before unleashing a small flock of swallow like projectiles. The small flock being three concentrated groups each impacting on a different training dummy all at the same time. He'd come a long way from only being able to fire two swallows and only being able to hit with one of them.

However Shiro wasn't done he rolled through more hand seals. Though he'd not mastered hitting moving targets he'd put another spin on this particular technique, one improvised after watching another family member perform a more complex technique with almost the same effect. The swallows exploded into sharp fragments of ice, increasing the lethality of the technique. "I call that Snow Storm Swallows: End of Winter."
Genin
Stamina:
Speed:
Strength:
Intelligence:
C. Control:
Back to top Go down
Kenji
Kage
Kage
Kenji

PostSubject: Re: Family Luncheon - Asami/Shiro   Family Luncheon - Asami/Shiro EmptyTue Jun 17, 2014 7:23 pm

Asami Yuki
Asami watched carefully, smiling when Shiro caused the swallows to erupt into numerous ice fragments. "That's very good, Shiro-kun. You took the technique and went even further with it, made it your own. I'm proud of you for that." It was still a very basic application of the technique, but the fact that he was experimenting with different effects meant that he really was learning, and had come a long way since he first started at the academy. "What else have you been working on?"
Back to top Go down
Marz
Kage
Kage
Marz

PostSubject: Re: Family Luncheon - Asami/Shiro   Family Luncheon - Asami/Shiro EmptyTue Jun 17, 2014 7:38 pm

Shiro Yuki

Shiro was overjoyed and given a burst of confidence after receiving praise from Asami. "Okay!" He did several seals and formed in front of him a single floating Ice Mirror, it was a stepping stone technique to the families Demonic Mirroring Ice Crystals technique. It floated at arms distance in front of Shiro and acted as a shield and could on command change itself into a one-way mirror giving the caster concealment, without hiding his opponent.

This technique was a little more straining on Shiro. It caused him to breath heavily and sweat lightly for a moment before regaining his composure.
Genin
Stamina:
Speed:
Strength:
Intelligence:
C. Control:
Back to top Go down
Kenji
Kage
Kage
Kenji

PostSubject: Re: Family Luncheon - Asami/Shiro   Family Luncheon - Asami/Shiro EmptyTue Jun 17, 2014 7:43 pm

Asami Yuki
"Hmm," Asami muttered, holding a hand to her chin as she inspected the single mirror. It was clearly an attempt, or rather a preliminary way of getting at a far more advanced technique, the Demonic Ice Mirrors, a technique that Asami herself had taken even further. After studying it for several moments, Asami made several hand signs and created her own ice swallows, then directed them at the mirror. The swallows struck the mirrored surface and shattered in an explosion of ice shards. She smiled. "So it's a defensive technique. Very nice. But I notice it must be difficult to maintain, especially for a genin with limited chakra, so I would use it sparingly."
Back to top Go down
Marz
Kage
Kage
Marz

PostSubject: Re: Family Luncheon - Asami/Shiro   Family Luncheon - Asami/Shiro EmptyTue Jun 17, 2014 8:15 pm

Shiro Yuki

Asami was the family genius for a reason she'd taken the permutation of a technique he'd just shown her analyzed it and adopted it for herself. A technique that'd he'd spent hours trying to get just right she'd pulled off flawlessly like it was nothing. This time it was he that was really proud of Asami.

Shiro dismissed the ice mirror shield, and it fell to the ground broken into what was essentially ice cubes. He'd most likely feel that one later. But now came the big one. "Asami-sama." He asked again formally. "I need you to promise me that there's nobody around."

He could wait for his aunts acquiescence. He placed his hands in front of him and pulled deeply pulling out as much chakra as he could from what was left from the energy in his body. This would be pushing his limits but he had to show Asami this and get praise for it. Not because the technique was advanced. It was a simple ice blade technique, barely rated above snow storm swallows. It was because of the inefficiency of his method to produce the technique that it required so much chakra.

Shiro pulled his right hand away from in front of himself and put it on his Katana. His left had did twelve one handed seals, as he stepped back with his left foot and drew his sword launching the attack, a blade of ice erupted from the end of the sword flying down range and bisecting another training dummy. Another training dummy being the one to the distant left of the one he was actually aiming at.

Having unleashed the attack, Shiro found himself blacking out for a moment and being awoken by the bump as he found himself in the sitting position. Breathing deeply and sweating profusely at the outpouring of Chakra into one measly attack. That missed. "So..." He tried in vain to catch his breath. "What do... you think?"
Genin
Stamina:
Speed:
Strength:
Intelligence:
C. Control:
Back to top Go down
Kenji
Kage
Kage
Kenji

PostSubject: Re: Family Luncheon - Asami/Shiro   Family Luncheon - Asami/Shiro EmptyTue Jun 17, 2014 8:37 pm

Asami Yuki
Asami lifted an eyebrow. "Yes... we are alone," she said. Other shinobi seldom utilized this practice field, and if someone were here she would have noticed by now; it was a small space, after all. But what exactly was he planning to show her that demanded such secrecy?

She took a step back and watched Shiro's methods. It seemed like what he was doing required a lot of focus, but almost immediately she noticed something off with his form; that could wait until after he was done, though. When Shiro grabbed his sword, her intrigue piqued. Was it an application of their bloodline into kenjutsu? It seemed so, as he quick drew his blade and launched a flying blade of ice that split apart the wooden dummy. It was certainly a flashy technique.

"Very impressive," she stated, as she walked over to inspect the damage done to the dummy. "Simple, direct, and it looks very damaging. This is remarkable for you to have developed on your own. However..." She turned back to him and took hold of his wrists, lifting both hands up for him to look at. "I think the reason it is exhausting you so much is because of your inefficiency in setting it up. Remember, you have two hands with which to create hand signs. One handed signs are very advanced, and aren't practical for a genin to be performing. It's a way to allow a shinobi to perform a technique with one hand occupied, but it requires twice the control and twice the amount of signs to do. I counted twelve signs that you did; if you were to use normal signs, you could build up the chakra with six. All you have to do is remember to harness that chakra in the hand with which you draw your sword, so that when you grab it, you can release it and deliver the jutsu's effect. Why not give it another try that way? I think you'll find it easier to perform."
Back to top Go down
Marz
Kage
Kage
Marz

PostSubject: Re: Family Luncheon - Asami/Shiro   Family Luncheon - Asami/Shiro EmptyWed Jun 18, 2014 2:45 am

Shiro Yuki

Shiro caught his breath and listened intently to his tutor. That was what she was doing, she was tutoring him in their families techniques. "That's not the problem." Shiro responded. "I can already do the technique easily enough with two hands." He was still out of breath, though the sweat on his brow had dried. "I perfected that element of it before moving up to one handed draw. I think I can cut it down to eight seals. Eight seals with the last two on the draw stroke. Would be faster than finishing six seals then drawing my sword." But he lacked the control and reserve to do such a maneuver.

Pushing himself to his feet Shiro continued, "Eventually I want my fighting style to be one handed. I figured I'd start working with one handed seals and lower level techniques now in my spare time. The big things about that technique that are bugging me are, efficiency and aim. As I learn to control my chakra better and get a bigger reserve that will be less of a problem. The Aim only comes with practice." Shiro was thinking really far ahead, placing his mind on each step he'd need to make to proceed in the direction he needed to go to get to the end goal. This had taken a lot of thought and study of chakra and Technical theory.

Cutting the technique down to eight seals would be easy enough as several of the one handed seals overlapped it was just the matter of finding the correct overlapping combination. Plus the seal combination or presentation of the technique, trying to stuff too much chakra into the attack because of the lack of efficiency at time of firing, could be at the core of the awkward trajectory that made the attack almost useless.

Shiro concentrated on the missed dummy. He did the seals in quick succession, concentrating the chakra into his drawing hand he drew the sword and let fly the blade of ice. It impacted its target just like he'd imagined. There were still technical challenges. Or maybe he was trying to advance too far all in one go. "You seem to know a lot about one handed sealing techniques." Shiro was grasping at straws. If she did know she didn't use them as much most likely for their inefficiency.
Genin
Stamina:
Speed:
Strength:
Intelligence:
C. Control:
Back to top Go down
Kenji
Kage
Kage
Kenji

PostSubject: Re: Family Luncheon - Asami/Shiro   Family Luncheon - Asami/Shiro EmptyWed Jun 18, 2014 9:50 am

Asami Yuki
"I do," she replied, with a nod. "I've been able to perform them for a long time, but it was only after I became Mizukage that I finally mastered that method. Even still, one handed signs are more difficult. They require much more precise control and concentration, and can more easily be messed up. I don't use them unless I have to. For example..."

Asami brought a single hand up and started making signs. Her motions were exceptionally fast, especially with one hand. Within seven seconds, she finished the sequence and caused water in the pond to rise up and freeze, turning into the shape of a large tiger. Next, she brought up both hands and made a much faster series of signs, her hands becoming a blur and too fast to keep track of with the naked eye. This time, it took just a couple seconds before more water shaped and froze into an equal sized tiger.

"You see, jutsus are meant to be cast with two hands for a reason. One handed signs have their advantages, but also drawbacks. It's one thing to be practicing them, but I would be very careful about actually doing so in combat, when you could leave yourself wide open."
Back to top Go down
Marz
Kage
Kage
Marz

PostSubject: Re: Family Luncheon - Asami/Shiro   Family Luncheon - Asami/Shiro EmptyWed Jun 18, 2014 6:54 pm

Shiro Yuki

Shiro watched his Aunt pull off the same technique twice. Once one-handed, once two-handed. He had to admit that he was impressed either way. She could do it that well without so much as a second thought. Again Shiro noted to himself that Asami was the family's prodigy. Then again he wished to be able to do such signing by the time he was a Jounin.

"I'll take your lessons to heart." Shiro responded. He would still continue to practice one handed sealing until he got far more efficient at it. And eventually he would surprise his enemies with a one handed sealing technique right in the middle of a sword fight.
Genin
Stamina:
Speed:
Strength:
Intelligence:
C. Control:
Back to top Go down
Kenji
Kage
Kage
Kenji

PostSubject: Re: Family Luncheon - Asami/Shiro   Family Luncheon - Asami/Shiro EmptyWed Jun 18, 2014 9:09 pm

Asami Yuki
Asami nodded and gave a smile. "That's good, Shiro-kun. Keep practicing and one day you might be Mizukage after my time is done." She patted him on the shoulder and then waved him along; poor Shiro had just used most of his chakra showing off his techniques, so some rest and maybe a snack was in order. "Come, let's keep talking. I understand that you'll be having you very first team meeting soon. I've gone and placed you with one of Kiri's best Jounin, so you should be able to learn a lot from her."
Back to top Go down
Marz
Kage
Kage
Marz

PostSubject: Re: Family Luncheon - Asami/Shiro   Family Luncheon - Asami/Shiro EmptyThu Jun 19, 2014 12:55 am

Shiro Yuki

"You won't stop being Mizukage until you find a family and settle down even then I doubt I'd take up after you. There are many more talented Shinobi in the village." Shiro was fairly frank about his chances at being Mizukage. He wasn't youthfully disillusioned by the thought of power. Frankly he'd seen the level of responsibility that Asami had been burdened with. He didn't wish that on anyone.

"Yes I got the letter that I am to meet at the training ground tomorrow morning to meet with them." He didn't like that she made it sound like she'd gone out of her way to place him with a highly rated Jounin. It made it sound like there was nepotism at play, when in reality he knew Asami wasn't that kind of person.
Genin
Stamina:
Speed:
Strength:
Intelligence:
C. Control:
Back to top Go down
Kenji
Kage
Kage
Kenji

PostSubject: Re: Family Luncheon - Asami/Shiro   Family Luncheon - Asami/Shiro EmptyThu Jun 19, 2014 2:06 am

Asami Yuki
"That's correct," Asami stated. "I've made sure to place you with best possible sensei and teammates for your particular style, just like I do with every new genin. It's a lot of work, but that way every genin should be able to reach their full potential. Your sensei is Megumi Hirohata, daughter of the former Mizukage, and your teammates include her brother, Kenji, and one Raijin Kaguya."
Back to top Go down
Marz
Kage
Kage
Marz

PostSubject: Re: Family Luncheon - Asami/Shiro   Family Luncheon - Asami/Shiro EmptyThu Jun 19, 2014 2:27 am

Shiro Yuki

It almost seemed like Asami was trying to form a dynasty of some sort. Get the two families of the reigning and previous Mizukage to be buddy-buddy. What political and power structure implications it had were far beyond Shiro but he knew that his aunt knew what she was doing.

"That sounds like a great team. I can't wait to meet them." Shiro was however overjoyed and couldn't wait until he met up with his team and got to be able to work with them and got advanced training from Megumi.
Genin
Stamina:
Speed:
Strength:
Intelligence:
C. Control:
Back to top Go down
Kenji
Kage
Kage
Kenji

PostSubject: Re: Family Luncheon - Asami/Shiro   Family Luncheon - Asami/Shiro EmptyThu Jun 19, 2014 2:19 pm

Asami Yuki
Asami nodded again and held a hand to her nephew's shoulder as she led them back down one of the main streets of the village. "Yes, I have high hopes that you will all make for an excellent team, as well as all the other teams. I have to say that your year is among the most promising in recent memory, and if you are all able to reach your full potential, then I believe that the future of Kiri is bright."

As they passed by a small snack stand, Asami slowed down and stopped, then gestured to Shiro to follow. "I could use a snack, how about you? I know this place sells some of the most delicious sea salt ice cream in the Land of Water."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Family Luncheon - Asami/Shiro   Family Luncheon - Asami/Shiro Empty

Back to top Go down

Family Luncheon - Asami/Shiro
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next