Naruto: Ultimate Legends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

DC Genesis

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
AuthorMessage
Nyrax123
Kage
Kage
Nyrax123

DC Genesis - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: DC Genesis   DC Genesis - Page 4 EmptyWed Feb 27, 2013 10:51 pm

Neal gave a nod. "Yeah, I got pretty lucky though. So many kids get involved with drugs or the gangs, but when your dad is a cop those guys tend to stay away from you," Neal said with a smile as he looked over at Nico. "It's one of the reasons that I admire him as much as I do. Sometimes it feels like everyone in the city wants him dead and yet he gets up and goes to work everyday.....it scared me to death when I thought I lost him a few months ago."
Back to top Go down
Kenji
Kage
Kage
Kenji

PostSubject: Re: DC Genesis   DC Genesis - Page 4 EmptyThu Feb 28, 2013 9:42 pm

Nico Minoru

"Must be great having someone like that who looks after you," Nico mused. She looked up at the sky and took in a deep breath, arms folding across her chest. "You know, sometimes I wonder how my life might have been different if my parents had been normal. And by normal, I mean not crazy cultists trying to resurrect dark gods to destroy the earth. On the one hand, I wouldn't have been forced to grow up so fast... and on the other, I wouldn't have been nearly as close as I am to my friends." Then, she looked over at Neal and smiled. "And I wouldn't be here right now."
Back to top Go down
Nyrax123
Kage
Kage
Nyrax123

PostSubject: Re: DC Genesis   DC Genesis - Page 4 EmptyThu Feb 28, 2013 10:04 pm

Neal couldn't help but smile back as Nico mentioned that one of the pros of having evil parents was that she was here now. It meant that she was really happy that she was with him, and that alone was enough to make any guy happy. "You honor me Nico," Neal said with a nod in her direction. They continued their walk for some time. "About another minute or so and we'll be there," Neal said as they continued on.

As they walked, he glanced down at Nico's side for a few moments. He decided to just go for it. He leaned over, and tried to take Nico's hand in to his own.
Back to top Go down
Kenji
Kage
Kage
Kenji

PostSubject: Re: DC Genesis   DC Genesis - Page 4 EmptyThu Feb 28, 2013 10:12 pm

Nico Minoru

Nico was certainly not oblivious to the fact that Neal kept looking down at her hand every few moments, as if trying to consider something to himself. She had a fair guess what he was thinking of, but she let him make the move. For a while, though, she was starting to think that that he wasn't going to, until finally his hand made a move towards hers. Considering the sudden and hasty nature of the action, though, it was a little off the mark, and so Nico helped things along by returning the grab, finding her own hand the rest of the way towards his. When their hands met, she quickly interlaced their fingers and squeezed tightly with a small smile.
Back to top Go down
Nyrax123
Kage
Kage
Nyrax123

PostSubject: Re: DC Genesis   DC Genesis - Page 4 EmptyThu Feb 28, 2013 10:18 pm

It seemed like the moment that Neal's hand made contact with Nico's that she reciprocated the action. This made Neal happy, as obviously Nico wasn't so blown away by the action that she didn't return it. Instead, it seemed like she was happy that he did it. He smiled as well, though he kept looking forward as he did. As they ended up moving down the block, Neal pointed to a building.

"Right there," Neal said as they made it the rest of the way there and he opened the door for her to have her go inside.
Back to top Go down
Kenji
Kage
Kage
Kenji

PostSubject: Re: DC Genesis   DC Genesis - Page 4 EmptyThu Feb 28, 2013 10:27 pm

Nico Minoru

"Not a bad place," Nico said, as they entered the shop. It was a small place, likely a mom and pop run comic store that was a staple around the neighborhood. People had probably grown up coming into this shop for their monthly issues, and that kind of atmosphere sat perfectly with her. No big crowds, no ignorant employees wondering what a girl was doing in a comic shop, or a bunch of nerds drooling over her. Just a nice, quiet, homely store. As she started to look at the racks, she confirmed exactly what she had expected. None of these comics were familiar to her. Not the titles, nor the publishers. Everything was different, and she'd have to start all over again. "So, you read anything? Got any suggestions?"
Back to top Go down
Nyrax123
Kage
Kage
Nyrax123

PostSubject: Re: DC Genesis   DC Genesis - Page 4 EmptyThu Feb 28, 2013 10:48 pm

"To be honest I'm not too familiar with comic books," Neal said as he looked around at the different racks full of comic books. "Like I said, I've only seen some movies about them" Neal said as he walked down the isles. HE suddenly stopped as he caught a glimpse of something that looked familiar. He picked up a comic book and looked it over for some time. "This might interest you," Neal said as he passed it to Nico. "Hellboy. A lot of magic, demons, angels, and a lot of other stuff goes on. I thought that the movie was pretty good."
Back to top Go down
Kenji
Kage
Kage
Kenji

PostSubject: Re: DC Genesis   DC Genesis - Page 4 EmptyThu Feb 28, 2013 10:58 pm

Nico Minoru

"Hmm... interesting." Nico took the book and began flipping through it quick to get a feel for the comic. "Art isn't bad... seems like it could be good." Deciding to give it a try, she held on to it and continued searching through the racks, eventually selecting an entire armful, a stack of about thirty or so. As if realizing just out outrageous she looked, she cleared her throat and looked down at the stack. "I just, you know... want to sample them. I doubt I'll start reading all of the series... just the ones I like."
Back to top Go down
Nyrax123
Kage
Kage
Nyrax123

PostSubject: Re: DC Genesis   DC Genesis - Page 4 EmptyThu Feb 28, 2013 11:06 pm

Neal just watched with a raised eyebrow as Nico went about picking out everything that she wanted to keep for herself. Neal could only smile as she gave her explanation to her plan. "Hey, whatever you feel is best," Neal said with a laugh as he looked around, trying to decide if there was anything that he would be interested in. "If you like any of those you'll have to mention it to me. Maybe I'll borrow one or two."
Back to top Go down
Kenji
Kage
Kage
Kenji

PostSubject: Re: DC Genesis   DC Genesis - Page 4 EmptyThu Feb 28, 2013 11:38 pm

Nico Minoru

"Will do," Nico said, as she headed to the counter to pay for her comics. She had a lot of reading to do at a later time, but for now she'd just pay for them... and lug them around with her. Thirty comics, that kind of weighed a bit. "So where do you want to head after this? I'm good for pretty much anything."
Back to top Go down
Nyrax123
Kage
Kage
Nyrax123

PostSubject: Re: DC Genesis   DC Genesis - Page 4 EmptyThu Feb 28, 2013 11:50 pm

Quite some time later...

"Honest to goodness, it's one of the best movies that you'll ever see," Neal said as they showed back up at Nico's apartment. Neal and Nico had decided to take some time and rent a movie, as she had been curious about what kind of movies this world had. "Legitimately though, Aliens is by far the greatest science fiction movie of all time," Neal said as they stood at the door while he waited for Nico to unlock the door. "The fact that your world doesn't have it is a crime."
Back to top Go down
Kenji
Kage
Kage
Kenji

PostSubject: Re: DC Genesis   DC Genesis - Page 4 EmptyThu Feb 28, 2013 11:56 pm

Nico Minoru

"Well I don't know, maybe it does have it," Nico said, with a small shrug. "I've just never heard of it. Not a lot of time to look up movies, you know. Then again, I was never a big sci-fi person to begin with. Fantasy, sure, but I hated sci-fi. If you say it's good, though, I'll trust you on it."

As they made their way into the apartment, Nico flicked on the lights in the kitchen and went over to the refrigerator. "You want anything to drink? Or eat? Figured we can make some popcorn for the movie, Karolina has that stove top buttered kind, supposed to be like that they sell at theaters."
Back to top Go down
Nyrax123
Kage
Kage
Nyrax123

PostSubject: Re: DC Genesis   DC Genesis - Page 4 EmptyFri Mar 01, 2013 12:01 am

"Well I'm normally not a huge sci-fi guy myself," Neal admitted as he walked inside and looked around the apartment. "But believe me when I say that this one is quite good, it's an older movie but it's still one of the best," he said before walking in and taking a seat on a nearby couch.

When Nico asked the question Neal didn't take long to think of it. "Just some water if you don't mind. The popcorn will be plenty enough to eat I'd say. I'm still a bit full from that lobster platter."
Back to top Go down
Kenji
Kage
Kage
Kenji

PostSubject: Re: DC Genesis   DC Genesis - Page 4 EmptyFri Mar 01, 2013 12:09 am

Nico Minoru

Rose Wilson

"Alright, coming right up." Nico took a moment to pour herself and Neal a glass of water, then started up the stove and put one of the popcorn things on top of it. "Should be a bit, let's get the movie set up." As they headed into the living room, however, they were greeted by a somewhat unexpected sight. The television was on, though the volume was pretty low, turned to the news station. On the couch were two familiar individuals. Rose sat against the arm of the couch, leaning against it with one elbow propping herself upright. Her other arm was wrapped around Karolina, who was lying against her, cuddled close, and seemingly fast asleep. with a blanket over them both.

"Oh... hi," Nico said, pausing there in the doorway. "Are we... interrupting something?"

"Hmm?" Rose glanced back over her shoulder at them. "Oh, no. We just got back a little while ago, Karolina was feeling tired. She fell asleep while we were watching some comedy show."
Back to top Go down
Nyrax123
Kage
Kage
Nyrax123

PostSubject: Re: DC Genesis   DC Genesis - Page 4 EmptyFri Mar 01, 2013 12:39 am

Neal pulled the movie out of the case, ready to place it in to the DVD player that Nico had set up in her living room. Before Neal got anywhere close though, he was greeted by quite the interesting sight. Rose and Karolina were back from heading out to the clubs, and Karolina was sleeping against Rose and had a blanked wrapped around the two of them. Well now, this was unexpected.

"Hey Rose," Neal said as he wasn't sure if staying or talking would be strange for any of them. Neal just hadn't expected them to be here, he was hoping for some alone time with Nico. "Should we....go do something else?" Neal asked as he looked at Nico.
Back to top Go down
Kenji
Kage
Kage
Kenji

PostSubject: Re: DC Genesis   DC Genesis - Page 4 EmptyFri Mar 01, 2013 12:42 am

Nico Minoru

Rose Wilson

Nico shrugged, looking over at Neal. "I don't know, I thought we'd be alone. We are already here, but if we're intruding..."

"Oh quit your worrying," Rose said, waving to the other side of the couch. "Karolina sleeps like a brick, she'll be fine. Sit down and do whatever you were going to do... unless you were planning on getting busy, in which case please take it to the bedroom."
Back to top Go down
Nyrax123
Kage
Kage
Nyrax123

PostSubject: Re: DC Genesis   DC Genesis - Page 4 EmptyFri Mar 01, 2013 12:44 am

Neal just glanced over at Nico and gave a bit of a shrug. He supposed that there wasn't much point in going out and trying to find something else to do. Might as well try to enjoy themselves. "Thanks, we'll keep that part in mind," Neal said jokingly as Rose talked about them getting busy.

Neal moved over to the DVD played to set up the movie. "So, how was the dancing, clubbing, or whatever you two were doing tonight?" Neal asked casually to Rose.
Back to top Go down
Kenji
Kage
Kage
Kenji

PostSubject: Re: DC Genesis   DC Genesis - Page 4 EmptyFri Mar 01, 2013 12:54 am

Nico Minoru

Rose Wilson

Rose chuckled quietly to herself. "We actually went and caught a Gotham Knights game. Was never much of a baseball fan, but Karolina wanted to get into her new home team," she explained. "I don't really understand the sport, but we won so I guess that's a good thing. After that we came back here."

Nico lifted an eyebrow as she sat down next to Neal on the couch. "I actually didn't even know Karolina was a baseball fan... she never mentioned that before."

"I wouldn't worry about that," Rose said, with a small shrug. "We've spent, like, eighty percent of our free time together during the past three months... we pretty much know everything about each other at this point."

"Wait... everything?" Nico asked, growing a bit nervous.

She nodded slowly, growing a small smirk. "Yup... including the crush she used to have on you." Then, Rose's smirk grew wider. "And how you thought she was a better kisser than the other boys."
Back to top Go down
Nyrax123
Kage
Kage
Nyrax123

PostSubject: Re: DC Genesis   DC Genesis - Page 4 EmptyFri Mar 01, 2013 1:01 am

"Ah nice, so glad that they won," Neal said as he heard that the Gotham Knights had won their game. He and Clint were huge fans of any of Gotham's sports teams, but Neal had obviously missed the game considering that he had been busy asking Nico if she wanted to go out, and than actually taking her out. To hear that they won just made Neal even happier.

Once they say on the couch, Neal couldn't help but listen as Rose talked about Karolina and how they knew all about each other. When the last revelation was brought up, Neal just blinked a few times before looking over at Nico. He wasn't sure what the best way to respond was, he really hadn't expected something like that to come out tonight.

"You two kissed?"
Back to top Go down
Kenji
Kage
Kage
Kenji

PostSubject: Re: DC Genesis   DC Genesis - Page 4 EmptyFri Mar 01, 2013 1:09 am

Nico Minoru

Rose Wilson

Nico cleared her throat and looked away, her cheeks flushing bright read. She tried to hide her embarrassment by letting her hair fall in front of her face, but that only made her look even more suspicious. "Er, well... you know, maybe once. See, Chase got it into his head it would be a good idea to get some alcohol one night... everyone was a little... well, you can imagine. It just sort of... happened. Was only a little bit..."

"And she liked it," Rose affirmed, stifling a laugh under her breath.

Clearing her throat again, she tapped her fingers against her lips a few times, sucking in a deep breath. "So it was a good kiss, sue me. Doesn't mean I like girls."
Back to top Go down
Nyrax123
Kage
Kage
Nyrax123

PostSubject: Re: DC Genesis   DC Genesis - Page 4 EmptyFri Mar 01, 2013 1:12 am

Neal only gained a smile as the story kept going. Nico was so embarrassed and felt cornered, she was defending everything that happened that night. Neal couldn't help but want to laugh, it was a pretty funny story to tell after all. It was perfectly understandable for why she would be embarrassed over something like that. Still, Neal knew that he should come to Nico's rescue.

"Better kisser than most boys huh? I'll just have to make sure that I'm one of the exceptions to those rules," he said with a grin.
Back to top Go down
Kenji
Kage
Kage
Kenji

PostSubject: Re: DC Genesis   DC Genesis - Page 4 EmptyFri Mar 01, 2013 5:19 am

Nico Minoru

Rose Wilson

Nico turned a raised eyebrow towards Neal. "Getting a little ahead of yourself, aren't you? But I guess we'll have to see..." Shifting in her seat again, she reached for the remote and then sank back against the couch. "Now then, let's watch this supposedly awesome movie already, shall we?"

"First a baseball game, then a movie..." Rose muttered, with a small shake of her head. "Man, I'm really stepping outside my comfort zone tonight."
Back to top Go down
Nyrax123
Kage
Kage
Nyrax123

PostSubject: Re: DC Genesis   DC Genesis - Page 4 EmptyFri Mar 01, 2013 2:00 pm

"Well, a guy can hope can't he?" Neal asked as he just smiled and gave a little wink towards Nico. Obviously if she wasn't ready for something like that he wasn't going to push it. He hoped that she was though, given the connection that he felt they had. Neal felt that it was strong, given all the time that they had spent together since sending most of her friends back to their reality.

As Neal hit play he heard Rose's comment and just chuckled. "Don't worry Rose, there's quite a bit of violence in this movie. Who knows, you might even like it if you give it a shot?" he said although he was mostly joking.

As much as he liked Rose as a friend, it was extremely hard to change her mind about certain things.
Back to top Go down
Kenji
Kage
Kage
Kenji

PostSubject: Re: DC Genesis   DC Genesis - Page 4 EmptyFri Mar 01, 2013 10:24 pm

Nico Minoru

Rose Wilson

Nico smirked a little, glancing back at Neal as the movie started. Leaning close to him, she gave a brief kiss at the corner of his mouth and then rested her head against his shoulder, looking at the television. "Well maybe we can find out later, then," she said, taking in a deep, even breath.

"Uck, get a room you two," Rose said, with a small roll of her eyes. Shortly after she did, though, she glanced down at the snoozing Karolina and breathed outward with a small smile. Reaching out with a gentle hand, she brushed back a stray strand of the girl's hair out of her face.

Nico noticed this, glancing over at the two and staring curiously for a moment, but said nothing.

"Pfft, Sigourney Weaver?" Rose muttered, as the opening credits began to roll. "What kind of name is that? Hrmp... I do like violence, though. That's something."
Back to top Go down
Nyrax123
Kage
Kage
Nyrax123

PostSubject: Re: DC Genesis   DC Genesis - Page 4 EmptyFri Mar 01, 2013 11:47 pm

Neal was glad that they had turned the lights a little bit down for the movie. Otherwise the redness of his cheeks would have been impossible to hide, and that would have just been embarrassing. He did allow a bit of a smile to come to his face though, as he had appreciated the action. As she leaned her head on his shoulder, Neal took his arm and wrapped it around Nico before resting his arm at her side.

He held her closely, not tightly though. He didn't want this to feel possessive after all. However, he liked the feel of this. He enjoyed being this close to Nico. He hoped that he was given enough time to get used to this.

Besides, if Nico needed to hold on to someone during the movie....Neal wasn't gonna complain.

"Yeah, I don't know what her parents were thinking either," Neal admitted as he heard the strangeness of the name. "But don't worry, it'll pick up in actions soon enough," Neal said before allowing the movie to really get started and play.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: DC Genesis   DC Genesis - Page 4 Empty

Back to top Go down

DC Genesis
Page 4 of 9Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next