Naruto: Ultimate Legends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Stealing Souls (Ny)

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage
Nyrax123
Kage
Kage
Nyrax123

Stealing Souls (Ny) - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Stealing Souls (Ny)   Stealing Souls (Ny) - Page 4 EmptyTue Mar 19, 2013 8:18 pm

Setsou looked around at every soldier around him, listening as they all threw up their cheers and shouts in to the air. He hoped they honestly believed what they were saying, rather then just throwing up false beliefs for the sake of the group. They had done so well, and he still believed that they could win the fights against these hollows. Still....Setsou was a good leader, and because of that he felt bad about what might happen.

As much as he wanted to, he couldn't guarantee anyone's safety at this point.

"All of you take the rest of the day for yourselves. I know you're all willing to go back out there, but I need you all rested up....for tomorrow we have hollow to slay."
Back to top Go down
Marz
Kage
Kage
Marz

PostSubject: Re: Stealing Souls (Ny)   Stealing Souls (Ny) - Page 4 EmptySat Mar 23, 2013 1:47 am

The crowd gave a little awe, as they were dismissed to relax and take to bed early. They dispersed toward the barracks, some conversations about what to eat, and going out into the rokungai to get food.

"And what about you boss?" Kaito asked. "Are you gonna rest?" He was the number two no sense in laying low while the boss did all the work. Right? He knew he'd most likely get dismissed but he'd at least ask to be nice.

"I think that Setsou-san is thinking of everyone else and not of himself." Naoki spoke aloud to nobody but suddenly turned her gaze upon Setsou. "Perhaps you should visit the Maeda House and have a hot bath, it's almost like a hot springs, you could use the relaxation time. Because we all know leaders are the most stressed part of a unit."
Back to top Go down
Nyrax123
Kage
Kage
Nyrax123

PostSubject: Re: Stealing Souls (Ny)   Stealing Souls (Ny) - Page 4 EmptySat Mar 23, 2013 3:18 am

Setsou was about to respond to Kaito when Naoki cut him off. He stumbled over his next few words. He was going to say something heroic of selfless, but the more he thought about it he just didn't have the strength to say those words. She was right, he was so busy trying to make sure that all of his soldiers were okay that perhaps he wasn't giving himself the attention that he deserved.

Was part of being a leader making sure that you were just as well off as your troops?

"I have to admit that I've never been," Setsou said as he scratched his head for a moment. "I'm not even sure what it's like or what I would do...is it nice?"
Back to top Go down
Marz
Kage
Kage
Marz

PostSubject: Re: Stealing Souls (Ny)   Stealing Souls (Ny) - Page 4 EmptySun Mar 24, 2013 10:06 pm

This was nice. Well... Kinda.

Kaito sat across from Setsou in the huge bath with a partition dividing the bath into two parts.

"How's the water?" Naoki asked from the other side of the partition. It'd been awfully quiet between the two guys. Were they gonna fight again? She hoped they weren't going to. Then again it'd be nice to invite Setsou over to was her hair, he seemed skilled enough right? When she let it down it wasn't quite regulation and was much harder to clean.

This was still kinda awkward. He knew that Kaito and himself didn't have much in common besides being Shinigami. And Naoki, they both had Naoki. Right? Though He'd let Setsou answer Naoki's question.
Back to top Go down
Nyrax123
Kage
Kage
Nyrax123

PostSubject: Re: Stealing Souls (Ny)   Stealing Souls (Ny) - Page 4 EmptySun Mar 24, 2013 10:31 pm

"Good," came Setsou's simply answer.

Yeah this was hella awkward. He wasn't really sure why he had left these two convince him that this would be a good idea, he supposed that he just wanted them to not worry about him. If they thought he was relaxed, it was going to make them relaxed as well right? He wasn't sure, but he hoped at least that would be a result of this tonight.

"How's it on your side of things?" Setsou asked back to Naoki. Perhaps she had a different opinion, something that would spruce up this long silence that they were all having. It wasn't going to last long, he doubted that Naoki was going to give a long answer. It was at this point that Setsou decided to ask something now that they were in confidence.

"The reason we're going out a third time....is it my fault?" he finally asked.
Back to top Go down
Marz
Kage
Kage
Marz

PostSubject: Re: Stealing Souls (Ny)   Stealing Souls (Ny) - Page 4 EmptyMon Mar 25, 2013 12:29 am

Kaito looked concerned. He was still formulating what to say to support his leader and friend, but before he could Naoki beat him to the punch. "Of course." Her tone was cheerful and glad. "If we didn't have such a skilled, brave and confident leader none of us would be alive to see this third encounter."

Kaito's eyebrow raised as he heard it. "Uhh... I couldn't have said it better." He admitted with a shrug, his face breaking into a little smile.
Back to top Go down
Nyrax123
Kage
Kage
Nyrax123

PostSubject: Re: Stealing Souls (Ny)   Stealing Souls (Ny) - Page 4 EmptyMon Mar 25, 2013 12:32 am

Setsou was quiet for some time after listening to what his comrades had to say. They both seemed to agree that the only reason that they had survived was because of him. It was kind of them to say and he appreciated the words. Still, he couldn't help but feel that they may be hiding their true feelings.

"Captain isn't happy with me. He says that if we don't finish the job this time, there will be consequences for me and me alone."
Back to top Go down
Marz
Kage
Kage
Marz

PostSubject: Re: Stealing Souls (Ny)   Stealing Souls (Ny) - Page 4 EmptyMon Mar 25, 2013 12:39 am

Kaito shook his head. "I think he'd be less happy if we all went out and got slaughtered." He disagreed with Setsou, he knew that Setsou gave it his all when he did something, it was the kind of guy that Setsou was. Kaito changed how he was sitting to a more reclined posture. "Besides we'll get those guys this time no problem."

"That little creep is only thinking about his own image when we hit a setback it only makes him look bad." Naoki obviously was putting her heart on her sleeve here. Or maybe she was being defensive of a Leader she enjoyed following.
Back to top Go down
Nyrax123
Kage
Kage
Nyrax123

PostSubject: Re: Stealing Souls (Ny)   Stealing Souls (Ny) - Page 4 EmptyMon Mar 25, 2013 12:47 am

"You'd think that would make him less happy, I wonder sometimes though," Setsou remarked as he thought back to all of his experience with his Captain. It seemed like the man was never happy with Setsou's progress. He wasn't sure what it was, but Setsou almost felt like the Captain feared him for some reason. Setsou never made any threats and only did his best to serve.

Apparently, that wasn't good enough to win someone's trust.

"I truly hope this last time we go out IS the last time," Setsou said slowly. "These hollow have had us on the run for far too long and I'm sick of it. With the men we recruited, I'm hoping the hollow won't expect our total strength to be as strong as it is. It's not the best of plans, but it's all we have right now."
Back to top Go down
Marz
Kage
Kage
Marz

PostSubject: Re: Stealing Souls (Ny)   Stealing Souls (Ny) - Page 4 EmptyMon Mar 25, 2013 1:01 am

"You recruited those guys right? And they're pretty good right?"Naoki asked.

Elsewhere...
"AH CHOO!!!" Maki sneezed loudly rubbing under his nose. "There must be a pretty girl talking about me heh." A smile got brought to his face, thinking of Naoki.

Back to the Bath....

"Yeah I heard you were corralling squad eleven members." Kaito nodded affirmatively. "Good Idea to bring out the big guns on this one." It'd give Kaito a little less time to show off but the last two times he'd gotten his face kicked him.
Back to top Go down
Nyrax123
Kage
Kage
Nyrax123

PostSubject: Re: Stealing Souls (Ny)   Stealing Souls (Ny) - Page 4 EmptyMon Mar 25, 2013 1:03 pm

Setsou nodded. "The hollows keep pulling out reinforcements and catching us off guard. We've done well to fight them off so far, but I don't want to rely on luck three times in a row," he admitted as he looked towards Kaito. "The men from squad eleven are all capable shinigami with their zanpakuto unlocked. I think this will heavily put the odds back in our favor."
Back to top Go down
Marz
Kage
Kage
Marz

PostSubject: Re: Stealing Souls (Ny)   Stealing Souls (Ny) - Page 4 EmptyTue Mar 26, 2013 2:16 pm

"Then again." Kaito said looking away. "When Sensor team 10 was ambushed in the Menos forest we had two Shinigami capable of Shikai and they were the first targets. It seemed that Barracuda A was unstopable. You could have just brought more fodder to a fight." Kaito was weighing the options. Then again it'd take a lot of firepower to drop that big bastard once and for all.

"K-san." Naoki scolded. "It's not good to be so negative before a big fight like this one!" She practically pouted though neither of the guys could see it through the partition.
Back to top Go down
Nyrax123
Kage
Kage
Nyrax123

PostSubject: Re: Stealing Souls (Ny)   Stealing Souls (Ny) - Page 4 EmptyTue Mar 26, 2013 6:01 pm

"No one has the ability to see every outcome," Setsou said in a soft voice. He wasn't upset with Kaito for questioning the idea, it was what a good soldier did after all. There was no telling what could happen. "I just have to take the information I have and plan as best as I can. Those hollows won't let us leave a third time, we need to end it this time. The Eleventh squad was all I could think of that could end this," Setsou admitted.

"We all have to go in and do our part, just like always."
Back to top Go down
Marz
Kage
Kage
Marz

PostSubject: Re: Stealing Souls (Ny)   Stealing Souls (Ny) - Page 4 EmptySat Mar 30, 2013 4:14 am

"I think the Mr. Aikawa from the Academy said it best when he said anyone that asks for you to do more than your part is trying to sell you something." Kaito agreed in a roundabout way with Setsou. He had always hated the academy lectures, but he didn't ignore the good advice within.

"I'm ready to kill all those hollows!" Naoki called from the other side with a little splashing as she jumped up from the water, to her feet excitedly.

With that a loud grumbling could be heard from the other side of the partition where she was. "However... Heh heh... I think we should eat first, I mean I don't wanna get too pruned in this bath and all." Naoki excused her stomach as quickly as she could. It wasn't ladylike to make bodily noises.
Back to top Go down
Nyrax123
Kage
Kage
Nyrax123

PostSubject: Re: Stealing Souls (Ny)   Stealing Souls (Ny) - Page 4 EmptySat Mar 30, 2013 5:05 am

Setsou gave a small nod, agreeing with Kaito's assessment. Yes...he supposed that was a fair statement. They all just needed to do their best, it would all work out in the end. It had to, Setsou couldn't afford to lose more men. He didn't want to lose anyone, and he just hoped that he could come home with a few bodies if any. He wanted to save everyone, but Setsou learned a long time ago that it just wasn't possible sometimes.

"Perhaps we should get out of here, we don't want to get too relaxed," Setsou pointed out as he looked towards Kaito and gave a nod. "We should eat and rest up...we have a big day tomorrow."
Back to top Go down
Marz
Kage
Kage
Marz

PostSubject: Re: Stealing Souls (Ny)   Stealing Souls (Ny) - Page 4 EmptyThu Apr 04, 2013 2:29 pm

"Yeah." Kaito stood up revealing the wash rag wrapped around his groin its thick material didn't give anything away, as to not discourage his captain. "Where do you want to eat?"

Naoki from the other side of the partition called back to answer Kaito's question. "Lets eat in my dining room."

------------

The Senkaimon stayed shut as the Kido corps waited for Setsou's arrival, as only a strike leader could authorize it's use. However knowing their leaders penchant for arriving early the Whole of Feeler Team 1 had already shown up, lead by Kaito and Naoki. Setsou would arrive to see then waiting at ease for him to call them to attention. With Kaito ceremoniously waiting by the Senkaimon for Setsou to join him and herald the beginning of their fight.

Across from the proud Feeler Unit one was the squad Eleven Combat Unit, that Setsou had wisely coerced into fighting with them, none of whom looked anywhere near motivated, save Maki who was practically drooling at Naoki. Most of them seemed half asleep still or hung over. Talk about the lack of professionalism.
Back to top Go down
Nyrax123
Kage
Kage
Nyrax123

PostSubject: Re: Stealing Souls (Ny)   Stealing Souls (Ny) - Page 4 EmptyThu Apr 04, 2013 2:44 pm

Setsou wasn't as on time as he usually was, he had taken some time to do some deep thinking before coming. He'd be lying if he said that he wasn't concerned about what was about to take place. There was no telling what the hollow were planning or if they were going to make this encounter the toughest yet. They had been fine so far, but if they weren't ready...they could be wiped out.

When he finally did arrive, he was surprised to see that the full team had already assembled. He just gained the tiniest of smiles before moving to the front of the room. "Someone better at public speaking would probably say some very inspirational words...but I've never been very good at that as you all know," he said with the hopes of at least getting a small chuckle from his team. "All I can say is that we need to end this, and that I believe Feeler Team 1 has the strength to pull this off, even if we call on some friends to do it," Setsou said as he nodded towards the Eleventh Combat Unit.

"So, that's all I have to say. I'll do everything I can to make sure that every single one of you comes back. Now let's win this battle and come home safely," Setsou said before using his position to open up The Senkaimon. It wasn't long before he stepped through it, wanting to be the first one at risk if the hollow somehow knew they were coming.
Back to top Go down
Marz
Kage
Kage
Marz

PostSubject: Re: Stealing Souls (Ny)   Stealing Souls (Ny) - Page 4 EmptyWed Apr 10, 2013 2:50 am

A light came on. Standing alone in a dark room under the pillar of white light was Setsou his form bandaged but still free standing, he'd obviously gone through the meet grinder.

"This tribunal of inquiry has come to order." The knock of a mallet and a woman's voice Setsou would know this woman as the lieutenant the first of the Tribunal.

"This Tribunal is looking into the actions of Third Seat Setsou." Came the voice of fourth Seat Jindau Sasaki, a complete bastard and consistently a throne in the side of Setsou since he'd become Third Seat.

"Furthermore this Tribunal is to uncover the actions leading up to the events of Excursion 158 and all events therein of said excursion." The captain's voice, he was young and shorter than Setsou his large spectacles and short thin light hair made him seem odd bit it was obvious that there was much strength and he spoke with great authority though many believed he'd not earned this authority.

"First this Tribunal Calls upon a casualty list." The Lieutenant's voice sounded. "Yuuto Shinden, Killed in Action. Verro Blan, Killed in Action. Shell Vass, Killed in Action. Kirita Manaka, Killed in Action. Maki Goto, Killed in Action." The list continued all with the same verdict... Except. "Naoki Marechiyo, Critical condition. Kaito Yamaguichi, Missing In Action."
Back to top Go down
Nyrax123
Kage
Kage
Nyrax123

PostSubject: Re: Stealing Souls (Ny)   Stealing Souls (Ny) - Page 4 EmptyWed Apr 10, 2013 3:42 am

Setsou was breathing heavily as the light came on. He could barely stand as it was, but he put on a display of strength so that no one would see it. He was in enough trouble as it was, as he was afraid that this was what was to come.

It wasn't fair...it wasn't his fault.

As the tribunal spoke, Setsou just listened as he knew that his words weren't going to mean anything here, not yet at least. He needed to do what he could to show that he was sad for what happened. If he explained his side, perhaps he would be able to get off. Of course it wasn't going to be easy, after all no one was going to vouch for him. Everyone was dead, save for Naoki...and maybe Kaito.

"I'm sorry for what happened...there was no way that we could predict the forces that they were going to hit us with. I filed a report that discussed all the behavior of the hollows that I engaged. I was ordered to continue to fight and we did, I even did what I could to bring in what reinforcements I could....I didn't mean for any of this to happen."
Back to top Go down
Marz
Kage
Kage
Marz

PostSubject: Re: Stealing Souls (Ny)   Stealing Souls (Ny) - Page 4 EmptySat Apr 13, 2013 3:35 am

A scoff came from one of the panel. "You're right about you being sorry." It was the lieutenants cruel voice. "It's obvious here that you completely screwed up, You didn't follow inter division protocol, you didn't secure your senkaimon site, and in the fight you failed to motivate your troops to victory. This has to be one of the largest blunders I have seen in my career as a shinigami!" She criticized harshly lambasting Setsou's every move. Armchair generaling everything he did that day!

Her voice was heard again but it was cut off by the Captain's voice. "The only thing I want to know is exactly how the quincy got involved."

There was enough reishi displaced at the site to conclude that a few hundred quincy were there.

When in actuality there was only one. A single Quincy Jager.
Back to top Go down
Nyrax123
Kage
Kage
Nyrax123

PostSubject: Re: Stealing Souls (Ny)   Stealing Souls (Ny) - Page 4 EmptySat Apr 13, 2013 3:41 am

"Failure to motivate my troops?" Setsou repeated as if he was stunned by the accusation. "Motivation had nothing to do with it! We were outnumbered and outgunned! Their strength was enormous. I sighted in my report that I wanted backup to come with us because something was wrong, but I kept getting ignored," Setsou said as he shot a glare over at his own Captain.

It was his fault everyone was dead, not Setsou's.

As the question of the Quincy came up, Setsou hesitated. How would they believe him? "I don't know....he just showed up and started killing everyone," Setsou said in a low voice. "It was one Quincy by himself. I've never seen that much senseless destruction....it was almost terrifying."
Back to top Go down
Marz
Kage
Kage
Marz

PostSubject: Re: Stealing Souls (Ny)   Stealing Souls (Ny) - Page 4 EmptySat Apr 13, 2013 4:16 am

"Yes motivation is the lifeblood of a units battle capabilities. As your unit was wiped out it is obvious they were seriously lacking motivation." The Captain responded coolly defending his point.

"You went behind my back to get members from team eleven which escalated the conflict. Perhaps in your desperation you turned to allies that you couldn't possibly trust and were turned on." Implying that Setsou had gone out and ASKED the quincy for help! "There's no one present that could imply that you did anything of the sort, but having a quincy, very rare, randomly show up, is beyond coincidence." The captain further implied his guilt.
Back to top Go down
Nyrax123
Kage
Kage
Nyrax123

PostSubject: Re: Stealing Souls (Ny)   Stealing Souls (Ny) - Page 4 EmptySat Apr 13, 2013 4:22 am

"They were plenty motivated! When you think you're about to die that's plenty to go off of! They died because we couldn't fight all of those hollow with as few men as I had!" Setsou shouted up at the Captain. He was tired of this shitty game. Setsou was going to kill this guy one day, he was so tired of this guy's smug attitude. He thought he knew everything but he didn't.

"I did not call upon him! The Quincy showed up just randomly, I asked for no such thing! I recruited men from Eleven because I had no other choice. You saw how wiped out we were, if I didn't bring them then I wouldn't even be here today," Setsou challenged. "What happened was tragic and I am BEYOND sorrowful, but that does not make it my fault."
Back to top Go down
Marz
Kage
Kage
Marz

PostSubject: Re: Stealing Souls (Ny)   Stealing Souls (Ny) - Page 4 EmptySat Apr 13, 2013 4:26 am

"The matter is not up for discussion." The captain finished. "This is only the final part in the process to report you to the Central 46 for Judgement and Punishment. On the grounds of criminal negligence, willful disregard for interunit protocol, and for the wrongful deaths of members of your unit and units not under your command which you coerced into action."

With that a gavel sounded. There was discussion all around. They were IN Central 46! He was on Trial!
Back to top Go down
Nyrax123
Kage
Kage
Nyrax123

PostSubject: Re: Stealing Souls (Ny)   Stealing Souls (Ny) - Page 4 EmptySat Apr 13, 2013 4:34 am

"You can't be serious! I had a perfect mission record up until this point. Anyone who reads my report will know that this isn't my fault!" Setsou shouted at his Captain. "If you would have done your damn job in the first place than my entire squad wouldn't be dead right now! This is just as much if not MORE your fault than it is mine," Setsou said as he looked around at the faceless images of those around him. "My Captain didn't report what was going on, if he had helped me than all of these deaths could have been avoided."

"You have to believe me!"
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Stealing Souls (Ny)   Stealing Souls (Ny) - Page 4 Empty

Back to top Go down

Stealing Souls (Ny)
Page 4 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Naruto: Ultimate Legends :: Other Content :: Free RP-
Jump to: