Naruto: Ultimate Legends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

DC Genesis

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 23 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
Nyrax123
Kage
Kage
Nyrax123

DC Genesis - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: DC Genesis   DC Genesis - Page 6 EmptySun Dec 02, 2012 5:54 pm

Neal thought about it for a moment. HE couldn't say that he enjoyed the bluntness of Rose's statement, but at least she was being completely honest with him. He could appreciate that at the very least. He thought about what she suggested and stood up. "Alright, let's go for a walk and just see what we find. Who knows, maybe something will just end up standing out to us," he pointed out before he grabbed his coat and put it over his head.
Back to top Go down
Kenji
Kage
Kage
Kenji

PostSubject: Re: DC Genesis   DC Genesis - Page 6 EmptySun Dec 02, 2012 6:04 pm

"Sure, whatever," she said, with a shrug. "Let just throw my clothes in the wash, first. Uh... where's your laundry room?" She then quickly shook her head and started out the door. "Never mind, I'll find it myself." A few minutes later she reappeared, carrying her leather jacket. "Okay, I found it, but... I didn't really know how much stuff to put in it, so I just sort of ballparked it. Should be fine... Anyway, let's go."
Back to top Go down
Nyrax123
Kage
Kage
Nyrax123

PostSubject: Re: DC Genesis   DC Genesis - Page 6 EmptySun Dec 02, 2012 6:07 pm

Neal waited as Rose said that she would find the laundry room and use it to clean her clothes. He was at first concerned when she mentioned that she didn't know how much to put in, but Neal quickly put it away. After all, if she had ruined clothes he was certain that would only be good for him in the long run. "Alrighty, let's get going," Neal said as he grabbed his house key and made sure to lock it behind him. After that, the two just began to walk.
Back to top Go down
Kenji
Kage
Kage
Kenji

PostSubject: Re: DC Genesis   DC Genesis - Page 6 EmptySun Dec 02, 2012 6:18 pm

"Well, that was a bust," Rose muttered, as they returned to the home several hours later. Not a whole lot interesting had happened while they had been out, a rather big disappointment. This was supposed to be Gotham, the most dangerous fucking city on the planet. Where was all the action? Oh well, not a lot they could do about it now. "We'd better find something better to do later tonight, because if I'm that bored again, I can't be held responsible for what I might do."
Back to top Go down
Nyrax123
Kage
Kage
Nyrax123

PostSubject: Re: DC Genesis   DC Genesis - Page 6 EmptySun Dec 02, 2012 6:22 pm

They were still outside while they were talking, and it was starting to get dark. They had stayed out basically the whole day to try and find something to do, but with completely no luck. It had basically just been a day of exploring and walking around. "Hey come on now, you and I aren't going to get bored tonight," Neal said as he stopped a little way's from his front door. "I don't know about you, but there's two people I'd like to go and see again."
Back to top Go down
Kenji
Kage
Kage
Kenji

PostSubject: Re: DC Genesis   DC Genesis - Page 6 EmptySun Dec 02, 2012 6:25 pm

Rose lifted an eyebrow at him as he walked through the door. "Hmm... I think you're on to something there. We will need to stop some place first, though... I gotta win some money to use at the club, considering I already used the rest of what I won last night to pay off you dad so I could stay here. Shouldn't be too difficult, though. Think I'm in the mood to hustle pool tonight..." With a small smirk on her face, she followed Neal back into the house and hung her jacket up, still dressed in Neal's clothes. It wouldn't look so ridiculous if the shirt wasn't ridiculously tight, and if she had been wearing a bra underneath. "I should probably go put my clothes in the drier..."
Back to top Go down
Nyrax123
Kage
Kage
Nyrax123

PostSubject: Re: DC Genesis   DC Genesis - Page 6 EmptySun Dec 02, 2012 6:27 pm

"Sounds fine to me. I have my own money but we can stop so you can win some for yourself," Neal said with a smile before walking in. It was good that they at least seemed to agree on this point. IT was amazing how scantily clad beautiful woman could unite people, and Neal had no complaints about that! "Yeah you go check on your clothes, I'm just gonna see what my family is up to," Neal said before going to the kitchen.

Once he was there he found his dad, and the two quickly started talking about how things had gone today. Neal talked about their day while Clint went on to discuss some of the crimes going on in the local area.
Back to top Go down
Kenji
Kage
Kage
Kenji

PostSubject: Re: DC Genesis   DC Genesis - Page 6 EmptySun Dec 02, 2012 6:32 pm

A short while later, Rose entered into the kitchen herself. "Clothes are in the drier," she said. She stopped there in the middle of the room for a moment, just looking back and forth between Neal and his father. Damn, his family was home... that meant she actually had to feign modesty for the time being. And, ugh, kindness. "Uh, hey. How's it... um, going? Oh, and thanks for letting me stay, by the way... I know you didn't have to do that."
Back to top Go down
Nyrax123
Kage
Kage
Nyrax123

PostSubject: Re: DC Genesis   DC Genesis - Page 6 EmptySun Dec 02, 2012 6:35 pm

Neal and Clint both glanced up as Rose announced her presence by mentioning that the clothes were in the drier. Clint couldn't help but notice that she was wearing Neal's clothes, but since hers were washing he supposed that it only made sense. After all, it wasn't like she could just walk around naked right?

"Well that's quite alright, I appreciate you willing to at least pay your part, it'll help us out a pretty great deal," Clint said before turning back to the stove. "Feel free to take a seat Rose, dinner's gonna be ready shortly."
Back to top Go down
Kenji
Kage
Kage
Kenji

PostSubject: Re: DC Genesis   DC Genesis - Page 6 EmptySun Dec 02, 2012 6:39 pm

"Yeah, well, it's not like anyone's about to let a stranger stay in their house for free, right?" Rose said, as she sat down at the table. She put on a small smile and rested her arms in front of her, tapping her fingers gently together. "But I really appreciate it, for sure... never really had a place to call home, you know, so... I mean, I've kind of just been on my own. It'll be nice to settle down in one spot for a bit."
Back to top Go down
Nyrax123
Kage
Kage
Nyrax123

PostSubject: Re: DC Genesis   DC Genesis - Page 6 EmptySun Dec 02, 2012 6:44 pm

"You make a fair point, but it's still appreciate that you offered first," Clint added as he glanced over at Rose. In the force he had seen some kids like Rose, but at least she overall seemed to be respectful and a good kid. And she wasn't heavily addicted to any drugs at least, he would have noticed the signs easily. "Anyway you two just sit tight, I'll be there soon."

A few minutes later, the entire family had gathered together for an italian based meal. The pasta and bread was exquisite, as Clint had prepared it all himself. Everyone seemed to be enjoying the food. "So tell me Rose, do you plan on finding a job while you're here?" Clint asked as he took a few bites from the garlic bread.
Back to top Go down
Kenji
Kage
Kage
Kenji

PostSubject: Re: DC Genesis   DC Genesis - Page 6 EmptySun Dec 02, 2012 6:51 pm

Rose did... her best to have some manners in front of the rest of the family, but still she ate a bit, well, freely. Nor had she ever really eaten pasta before, so her method of getting the noodles into her mouth was a bit unique, to say the least. At least she was taking time to use a napkin to clean her mouth whenever she messed up, though.

When Clint asked her whether she was getting a job, Rose cleared her throat and sat up a bit straighter, cleaning her mouth again. "Uh, well yeah, I already planned on it. Wouldn't really be able to pay my rent if I didn't, huh?" She chuckle a little, then quickly took a bit of garlic bread, only to wash it down a second later with a gulp of water.
Back to top Go down
Nyrax123
Kage
Kage
Nyrax123

PostSubject: Re: DC Genesis   DC Genesis - Page 6 EmptySun Dec 02, 2012 6:55 pm

Neal just held back his smile as Rose ate freely. Jordan on the other hand couldn't help but smile. She didn't see it as strange or rude, rather she found it funny that someone would be this free with strangers. She liked that quality. Jordan just ate her food in silence while the rest of the family talked, she normally didn't have much to say at dinners like these.

"I see," Clint said before taking a napkin to wipe his own mouth clean before he looked over at Rose. "Did you have something in mind? I have some friends that might be looking, I could ask around and see what they find for you."
Back to top Go down
Kenji
Kage
Kage
Kenji

PostSubject: Re: DC Genesis   DC Genesis - Page 6 EmptySun Dec 02, 2012 7:08 pm

"Uhhh... no, no that's alright," Rose said, with a small chuckle. The last thing she wanted to do was actually get a real job. She'd be quite well off hustling idiots in bars for the rest of her life just fine. "I... actually saw a couple places today that were looking for help, so I'll try applying there first. But... thanks for the offer, anyway." She cleared her throat again, then quickly went back to eating her dinner. It was good, at least, not something she would ever be able to cook on her own.
Back to top Go down
Nyrax123
Kage
Kage
Nyrax123

PostSubject: Re: DC Genesis   DC Genesis - Page 6 EmptySun Dec 02, 2012 7:09 pm

"Oh well that's good to hear," Clint said before looking at Neal. "You didn't mention that in the things that you did today," he remarked to his son.

Neal just gave a light shrug. "I just figured you wouldn't be that interested, and I wanted to hear more about your day," he said to which Clint seemed to agree to and go back to eating his food. Neal had avoided him asking any more questions at least, and that was good enough for him.

The table went back to eating in silence.
Back to top Go down
Kenji
Kage
Kage
Kenji

PostSubject: Re: DC Genesis   DC Genesis - Page 6 EmptySun Dec 02, 2012 7:14 pm

And there was the awkward silence she had been waiting for. Well, not so much waiting for, but rather expecting. She hated awkward silences. Regular silences could be good, but these were just... well, awkward. So she sat there quietly, finishing off the last of her meal, and keeping her eyes down. She partially wondered about Neal's sister, who hadn't said a word yet herself. She seemed like a quiet one, maybe a little shy? Rose couldn't think of any other reason why Jordan wouldn't have said anything yet. Then again, maybe she just didn't like the stranger sitting at their dinner table.
Back to top Go down
Nyrax123
Kage
Kage
Nyrax123

PostSubject: Re: DC Genesis   DC Genesis - Page 6 EmptySun Dec 02, 2012 7:19 pm

Surprisingly enough, it was Neal's sister that actually decided to break the silence. She took a drink of water before looking over at Rose curiously. "So how long are you going to be staying with us?" she asked quickly.

Neal and Clint glanced at each other curiously, wondering if Rose was going to answer the question and how she was going to respond. Both could tell that Rose was much tougher than most girls, and Jordan was very much your normal girl. They couldn't help but wonder how Rose and Jordan were going to interact with each other.
Back to top Go down
Kenji
Kage
Kage
Kenji

PostSubject: Re: DC Genesis   DC Genesis - Page 6 EmptySun Dec 02, 2012 7:35 pm

Rose suddenly paused, slowly looking up at Jordan with her single eye. She shifted her position a little in her seat and then shrugged, averting her gaze off to the side. "I, uh... I don't know, really. I guess... however long you'll have me? But, at least a month, I guess... I did already pay a month's worth of rent, so... yeah. I do kinda like it in Gotham, though, so even if I have to find somewhere else to live I think I might stick around."
Back to top Go down
Nyrax123
Kage
Kage
Nyrax123

PostSubject: Re: DC Genesis   DC Genesis - Page 6 EmptySun Dec 02, 2012 8:54 pm

Jordan gave a nod as she took a few more bites of bread. "Cool," she said simply as she grabbed a little bit more pasta. "It'll be nice to have another girl in the house, I don't really know what that's like," she said as she looked down at her food.

Clint visibly frowned at this. Jordan had never known her mother and so growing up had been hard on her. She tried not to show it, but having a mother wasn't an easy thing to go through. He did what he could for Jordan, but he wasn't a mother. He never could be to her.
Back to top Go down
Kenji
Kage
Kage
Kenji

PostSubject: Re: DC Genesis   DC Genesis - Page 6 EmptySun Dec 02, 2012 8:58 pm

Rose paused a moment at the comment. It took her a second to finally realize the hidden meaning behind it, as she slowly looked around the table, seeing Neal, and their father and... no mother. Right... She didn't say anything for another while after that, instead staring down at her plate of food, just absently pushing her remaining pasta around with her fork. Finally, she uttered a quiet, "Yeah... I know what that's like."
Back to top Go down
Nyrax123
Kage
Kage
Nyrax123

PostSubject: Re: DC Genesis   DC Genesis - Page 6 EmptySun Dec 02, 2012 9:02 pm

"Well I think that's enough for tonight," Clint suddenly intervened before standing up. "Jordan, how about you and I go to our room. I need to talk to you," he said as he looked right at Jordan.

The girl gave a small nod and slowly got up and walked away with Clint right behind her. Clint shot Neal a look, and apparently Neal understood as he gave a nod back. Neal waited until they were gone before turning and looking at Rose. "Well that got awkward as hell....I'm sorry about Jordan," he finally said. "Things haven't been really easy on her with my mom not being here," Neal explained.

"I'm sorry if what she said hurt you, she just....can't control herself sometimes."
Back to top Go down
Kenji
Kage
Kage
Kenji

PostSubject: Re: DC Genesis   DC Genesis - Page 6 EmptySun Dec 02, 2012 9:07 pm

Rose was quiet at first, until she let out a sigh and shrugged a bit at Neal's comment. "S'alright," she muttered. "Kid just misses her mom... makes two of us." A few seconds later, she stood up from her seat and brought her plate over to the sink. Then, she made her way back to the living room and plopped herself down on the couch. She didn't look back at Neal, or do much of anything really, instead curling up in the corner of the couch and reaching beneath her shirt. Neal wouldn't have seen it yet since she always kept it tucked away, but now she pulled out a small locket and opened it up, staring at the picture inside.
Back to top Go down
Nyrax123
Kage
Kage
Nyrax123

PostSubject: Re: DC Genesis   DC Genesis - Page 6 EmptySun Dec 02, 2012 9:09 pm

Neal just sat at the table after Rose left, allowing his own mind to think about the situation as a whole. He too missed his mom as he actually remembered her, but unlike Jordan he had moved past it. He would be lying if he said that it didn't make him sad at times though. He slowly got up and went over to do the dishes, putting the leftovers in the fridge for in case anyone got hungry at all.

Several minutes later he walked in to the living room. "Wanna go for a drive? I could use a bit of cheering up right now"
Back to top Go down
Kenji
Kage
Kage
Kenji

PostSubject: Re: DC Genesis   DC Genesis - Page 6 EmptySun Dec 02, 2012 9:12 pm

When Neal walked back into the living room, Rose quickly closed the locket and tucked it away again. "Uh... yeah, sure. I could actually go for a drive... let me just go get changed. I think my clothes should be done by now." She left the room a moment later, hurrying into the laundry room to change into her newly dry clothes. As weirdly exciting as wearing boy's clothes was, she much preferred her own outfit, which actually fit her. She also didn't look like she was about to burst out of her shirt, either. A few minutes later, she returned to the living room, carrying her leather jacket. "Alright, let's hit it."
Back to top Go down
Nyrax123
Kage
Kage
Nyrax123

PostSubject: Re: DC Genesis   DC Genesis - Page 6 EmptySun Dec 02, 2012 9:15 pm

Neal just nodded and waited by the front door. He wrote a small note for his dad, telling him that he and Rose were going out for a drive. After what they had just talked about Neal was certain that Clint wouldn't question it or call him home. Tomorrow was Sunday after all, Neal didn't need to get up and do anything. Once Rose came back he gave a simple nod before getting in to the car and waiting for Rose to join him. Once they were inside he began to drive off.

"So, do you still need me to stop somewhere so that you can earn some money?"
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: DC Genesis   DC Genesis - Page 6 Empty

Back to top Go down

DC Genesis
Page 6 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 23 ... 40  Next