Naruto: Ultimate Legends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

The New Generation: Earth-53

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage
Kenji
Kage
Kage
Kenji

The New Generation: Earth-53 - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The New Generation: Earth-53   The New Generation: Earth-53 - Page 2 EmptySun Sep 16, 2012 9:30 am

"Well, I just so happen to be pretty close friends with the guy who owns the local shooting range,"Renee remarked, leaning forward on her elbow. "So, I can get us in even this late. I figure we could go down there, set up some targets, and have ourselves a shoot off. What do you say, up for it?"

"Of course she's up for it!" Rose announced, accepting the challenge for Zoe. Not like Zoe was going to reject it, anyway, knowing her. "But if we're going to make this a contest, then we need to bet. Any ideas on a wager?"

---

"No, no, no, no!" Zatanna shrieked. "You're wrong! Do you hear me? You won't take him!" And then, everything was quiet again, mostly. She still had a very loud ringing in her ears that wouldn't go away, and now her head hurt something awful. When she finally came back to reality, she looked over to Neal with a blank expression, just staring at him. Then, without thinking, she stood up and hugged him close. "He won't get you... I promise, I'll do everything... everything I can."
Back to top Go down
Nyrax123
Kage
Kage
Nyrax123

PostSubject: Re: The New Generation: Earth-53   The New Generation: Earth-53 - Page 2 EmptyTue Sep 18, 2012 6:05 pm

"Of course I'm in," Zoe said with a smile as she looked towards Renee. This cop just seemed to get cooler by the minute. How many cops would be willing to show their own shooting skills against a kid? Perhaps Renee thought that Zoe was all talk though, boy was she going to be proven wrong.

"Can't say that I really have any ideas for a wager, what do you two think?" Zoe asked as she looked towards Renee and Daria.

---

Needless to say, Neal was very very confused. He hadn't heard a single word that Zatanna had and now she was hugging him? This was normally a good thing, but Neal was smart enough to recognize a problem in Zatanna's face when one was there. "Zatanna, what's wrong? What's going on here? Who won't get me?" he asked as he kept looking right at his mentor.

"You should tell her Zatanna," Stan said as he stood off to the side. "It sounds like she's going to find out one way or another, and I think that she more than anyone has a right to know what's at stake here."
Back to top Go down
Kenji
Kage
Kage
Kenji

PostSubject: Re: The New Generation: Earth-53   The New Generation: Earth-53 - Page 2 EmptyTue Sep 18, 2012 9:38 pm

"Don't look at us," Daria said, with a shrug. "She's the one that suggested it."

Rose paused a moment scratching her head. "Uh, well I hadn't really thought that far ahead... I'd say cash, but then that's not really original." Nor did they really need any cash, with Zoe's friend giving them whatever they needed.

"I'm sure we can figure something out," Renee said. "Come on, let's clean up here and get going."

---

Zatanna bowed her head, closing her eyes and sighing deeply. "You're right... there's no way we can keep it a secret now... damn it." She paused a moment, pushing Neal away at an arm's length and whispering a backwards spell under her breath, causing Neal to revert to his male form. "No point in keeping up that disguise, either. So, uh... Neal... how do I put this..." Holding a hand to her head, she shook it gently and groaned. Might as well just rip off the bandaid. "Neal, your power... it comes from Neron."
Back to top Go down
Nyrax123
Kage
Kage
Nyrax123

PostSubject: Re: The New Generation: Earth-53   The New Generation: Earth-53 - Page 2 EmptyTue Sep 18, 2012 9:53 pm

Zoe just smiled and shook her head lightly. Such a Rose thing to do, get all excited and make a suggestion only to realize how half-baked it really was. It was truly cute when she did that and Zoe wasn't gonna give her a hard time. "I'll shoot, you just figure out what our reward is going to be from these two," Zoe said as she shot a wink in Renee and Daria's direction before heading out with them to wherever this place was.

---

Stan nearly jumped out of his skin when Neal turned back in to a guy. "What the hell?" he asked himself as he tried to act as cool as he could. Still, after jumping scared like that it was pretty hard to recover. Thankfully Zatanna and Neal had far more pressing concerns on their minds.

Neal just stared for a moment as Zatanna broke the news to him. At first he just stared, but all the pieces started to fit together and his eyes went wide for a moment. "My powers come from him?" Neal repeated in a low voice as he tried to think this all through. "But I thought you said that he only gave his power to people that made deals with him?"
Back to top Go down
Kenji
Kage
Kage
Kenji

PostSubject: Re: The New Generation: Earth-53   The New Generation: Earth-53 - Page 2 EmptyTue Sep 18, 2012 10:06 pm

Twenty minutes later, Renee and Zoe stood side by side, looking down the long indoor shooting range in front of them. Two paper human targets hung about thirty yards away, one for each of them. Rose and Daria stood back, just watching as the two opponents squared off.

"We each have a standard issue Beretta," Renee said, pointing her pistol forward at her target. "One clip, fifteen rounds each. Most shots to center mass wins."

Rose practically snorted out a laugh. "Wow, this couldn't be easier. Zoe's got this."

"I don't know," Daria stated, folding her arms. "Renee set records at the police academy."

---

"He does... or he did," Zatanna said, bowing her head. "Usually... either his rules have changed, or someone, at some time, made a deal with him that gave you your power. I couldn't imagine who, or when they would have done that... but it's still a possibility. And now he's coming for you, and I... I don't know if I'm strong enough to stop him."
Back to top Go down
Nyrax123
Kage
Kage
Nyrax123

PostSubject: Re: The New Generation: Earth-53   The New Generation: Earth-53 - Page 2 EmptyTue Sep 18, 2012 10:14 pm

Zoe didn't need to hear what type of a gun was put in her hand. She knew what a Beretta was before she went out on her first real date! She smiled as she quickly checked the magazine in her gun and lining up the sight with her target. She also felt the gun in the grip of her hand and felt the weight and balance of the gun. Alright, she was ready for this.

"Okay, I think that I'm ready," Zoe said as she looked over at Renee and smiled. "We start when you say so."

---

Neal bit down on his lip as he heard this. Neron was a Devil, a true ruler of hell. While Neal had never met the guy personally, he could hear the fear in Zatanna's voice already. God, why did he feel so scared right now? Zatanna didn't think that she could stop him. "So......what does that mean for me? I mean like.....what do we do?" Neal asked as he looked towards his mentor.
Back to top Go down
Kenji
Kage
Kage
Kenji

PostSubject: Re: The New Generation: Earth-53   The New Generation: Earth-53 - Page 2 EmptyTue Sep 18, 2012 10:29 pm

"Alright, and... begin," Renee said, unloading her fifteen rounds into the target in a matter of seconds. When she finished, all of the bullet holes in the target were more or less around center mass, a little bit spread out around where the heart would be, but overall extremely accurate. "Let's see you beat that, hun."

---

"I don't know," Zatanna said, shaking her head. "I really... I don't know. If he knows who you are then there isn't any hiding from him. He'll come for you one way or another, and for all I know this whole thing we're on right now could be a trap for you. If we're going to stop this, we'll need help... but I'm not really sure who else to call who has expertise dealing with Neron."
Back to top Go down
Nyrax123
Kage
Kage
Nyrax123

PostSubject: Re: The New Generation: Earth-53   The New Generation: Earth-53 - Page 2 EmptyTue Sep 18, 2012 10:34 pm

The moment that the round started Zoe lifted up her hand and cleared her entire magazine within a manner of moments. Once her shots had been fired she held still for just a moment longer before lowering her gun. As she looked at Renee's target she only gave a smile. "Not bad, but I am pretty positive that my guy is fully dead," Zoe said as she pointed at her own target. The target had a compacted hole just over the heart area. Zoe had fired so accurately that instead of several holes there was just one large hole where the target's heart was.

---

"But but, there must be something that we can do," Neal said insistently. "I mean, he can't come here himself or I'd already be dead right? And like, isn't there any way that you can train me to hide my magic or something?" Neal said as he felt his heart beating faster and faster. Zatanna wasn't exactly giving him a lot of confidence in his ability to survive against whoever this guy sent after them.
Back to top Go down
Kenji
Kage
Kage
Kenji

PostSubject: Re: The New Generation: Earth-53   The New Generation: Earth-53 - Page 2 EmptyThu Sep 20, 2012 9:02 pm

Rose lifted an eyebrow, smirking slightly. "As opposed to partially dead? Which, you know... would be alive."

"¿Qué diablos?" Renee muttered, blinking disbelievingly at the targets in the distance. She tilted her head slightly, then hit the button to reel the targets back in to get a closer look. "¡Imposible!"

"Um, wow," Daria stated, lifting her eyebrows. "I'd say she smoked you, hun."

---

"You can't just hide your magic, not to someone like him," Zatanna said, shaking her head. "Especially not since you source it directly from him. "I don't know what he's planning or how he's planning to do it, but we need to stop him... somehow. I'll bet those candles are a part of it. We have to find the next one.... but first let me deal with this guy." Turning back to Wraith, she muttered a backwards whisper, causing the man to vanish into thin air. "I've locked him in a pocket dimension... we can retrieve later when we're ready to deal with him. For now... we move to the next one." Another spell, and they vanished.
Back to top Go down
Nyrax123
Kage
Kage
Nyrax123

PostSubject: Re: The New Generation: Earth-53   The New Generation: Earth-53 - Page 2 EmptyThu Sep 20, 2012 9:18 pm

"Hey.....shut up," Zoe finally said as she was unable to come up with any sort of a comeback to Rose's comment. Just because she was right didn't mean that what Zoe did was any less badass!

Zoe hadn't taken any lessons in Spanish, but just from the tone of voice in Renee it was clear that she was stunned at the display of shooting that she had just seen Zoe achieved. Thankfully she was at least able to recognize the last word. "Impossible? Obviously not Officer Montoya," Zoe said before walking over and giving Rose a high five.

---

Neal was quiet as Zatanna said that they couldn't even try hiding from someone like Neron. He was that powerful huh? But he supposed that it made sense, it was probably easy for him to track his own sources of power. But where the hell did Neal get these powers from anyway? "Yeah.....let's just keep going," Neal said as Zatanna sealed Wraith up and eventually teleported them to their next location.

They showed up in a thickly forested area, all signs of life seemed to be away for the most part. The only exception seemed to be some birds that flew off the instant that three people appeared out of nowhere. Neal looked around for a moment, trying to figure out where they were.

"Not any place you know kid?", Stan asked as he looked right at Neal. The last place had been where Neal was born after all.

Neal shook his head. "Not to me, no....not yet at least," Neal commented as he kept looking around as if suspecting that he would recognize something.

"How close are we to the next candle holder?" Stan asked as he looked over at Zatanna. Upon casting her spell Zatanna would find that they were about a half-mile walk away.
Back to top Go down
Kenji
Kage
Kage
Kenji

PostSubject: Re: The New Generation: Earth-53   The New Generation: Earth-53 - Page 2 EmptyThu Sep 20, 2012 9:36 pm

Renee just stared dumbly at the target for a few more moments, scratching her head. "I don't... I mean how... who did you say taught you how to shoot, again?"

"Ah, don't worry about it, hun," Daria said, coming up from behind and wrapping her arms around Renee's waist. "You're still the best shot on the force."

"Who got beat by a kid," she countered.

Rose snickered. "Hey, don't feel too bad. We kids are just that awesome."

---

"We're about... a half mile away, or so," Zatanna said, looking through the forest. SHe started walking forward, holding up her hand. "Tel rieht eb thgil." Instantly, her hand glowed with a bright light, allowing them to see the way through the darkness. "This way."
Back to top Go down
Nyrax123
Kage
Kage
Nyrax123

PostSubject: Re: The New Generation: Earth-53   The New Generation: Earth-53 - Page 2 EmptyThu Sep 20, 2012 9:47 pm

"My father taught me how, he was always a fan of shooting," Zoe said with a smile as she probably just made one of the biggest understatements of her life. Deadshot was far more than just a gun enthusiast after all.

"At any rate, it does look like I won fair and square doesn't it?" Zoe asked as she looked at her target again as it was right next to Renee's. "Now, I do believe that we have won some kind of a reward haven't we?" Zoe said teasingly despite the fact they never agreed upon an award.

---

Neal just stayed quiet as they walked, he was thinking about far too much to really be up for conversation. He just kept his eyes forward, knowing that he still needed to be ready for whatever was ahead. Out of the three of them, it sounded like he had the most to lose.

Stan continued moving as well, up until he saw some light in the distance. He muttered a small incantation under his breath as his eyes started to glow a bright orange. He narrowed his eyes and focused. "Looks like a cabin, and there's definitely someone in there," he said as his gaze moved over towards Zatanna. "You ready for this?"
Back to top Go down
Kenji
Kage
Kage
Kenji

PostSubject: Re: The New Generation: Earth-53   The New Generation: Earth-53 - Page 2 EmptyThu Sep 20, 2012 9:57 pm

"Right, right..." Renee sighed, glancing over at Rose. "So tell me, what is the reward, ah?"

"Uh..." Rose thought a moment, scratching her head head and looking at the floor. She still hadn't thought of that yet... "Well, if you weren't a cop, I'd say you had to do ten naked laps around the building, but ha, yeah, that's not going to happen."

Renee lifted an eyebrow. "That's right it's not."

"I don't know, what do you think, Zoe?" she asked.

---

"Everyone stay behind me," Zatanna said, coming to the front door of the cabin. "No one knows we're here yet, so we can get the surprise attack." Reaching for the door handle, she took in a deep breath, looking back a the other two briefly, and then threw the door open.

"Seimene pots!" she shouted, intent on making all potential enemies inside the cabin freeze in place.
Back to top Go down
Nyrax123
Kage
Kage
Nyrax123

PostSubject: Re: The New Generation: Earth-53   The New Generation: Earth-53 - Page 2 EmptyThu Sep 20, 2012 10:07 pm

Zoe thought about it for a moment as she thought about it. "Well, thanks to your kindness the other night you helped us get out of a potentially bad jam," Zoe admitted as she was more referring to the speeding ticket than the burning building fiasco. "So having a friend on the inside would be nice," Zoe said with a smile. "How about the next time Zoe and I accidentally get a ticket you'll be willing to clear it up for us?"

"After all, accidents do happen," she added with a laugh.

---

Zatanna's plan seemed to work perfectly. The moment that she threw the door open there was a man sitting at a table, with Neron's candle only a few feet in front of him on a nearby table. He froze instantly, his eyes seemingly open wide in surprise as he was unable to move.

Stan quickly shouted his own spell, causing the candle on the table to come flying towards him and landed in his hand. "I got the candle!" he shouted happily as he held it like he had just saved the entire world with his spell.

The man at the table continued to struggle though, doing his best to say something through his sealed shut jaw. He seemed to be having great difficulty though.
Back to top Go down
Kenji
Kage
Kage
Kenji

PostSubject: Re: The New Generation: Earth-53   The New Generation: Earth-53 - Page 2 EmptyThu Sep 20, 2012 10:14 pm

Renee folded her arms across her chest, narrowing her eyes. "Well... I suppose I could do that," she said. "As long as you two promise not to go getting tickets on purpose. That could make my job a little tough."

"Hey, no need to worry about that... I can't even drive yet," Rose said, with a slightly nervous laugh. Stupid driver's ed.

---

"Well, that was... surprisingly easy," Zatanna said, scratching her head. She had expected... at least some kind of resistance. Breathing out a relieved breath, she merely shrugged, then looked over to the frozen individual and said, "Kaeps"
Back to top Go down
Nyrax123
Kage
Kage
Nyrax123

PostSubject: Re: The New Generation: Earth-53   The New Generation: Earth-53 - Page 2 EmptyThu Sep 20, 2012 10:23 pm

"Oh come now, why would we ever do a thing like that?" Zoe said with a smile as she looked towards Renee. "Now that would just be rude," she said before giving a wink and reaching over to take Rose's hand in her own. "Give yourself more credit Rose, I'm sure that you're learning plenty and doing just fine."

---

The moment that Zatanna said her spell the man's mouth opened and he took a few breaths. Apparently it was hard to get a lot of air in to your lungs while struggling in that state. After catching his breath he looked up. "I have new orders...to deliver a message rather than fight you," he said simply.

"Mogosh!" a voice from behind suddenly shouted. As Zatanna turned to look she would see a new man, tall and muscular as he stood behind Stan and Neal, who both now appeared to be frozen in place. In the man's hand was a lighted candle, apparently there had been two men here the whole time. "I'm afraid that this is a message for your ears only Zatanna" the man said as he placed a hand on Neal and Stan each. Neither of them could move, not even to close or adjust their eyes.

"Do you really love this boy enough to risk your life for him?" the mostly frozen man asked as he looked up at Zatanna. "Neron needs to know."
Back to top Go down
Kenji
Kage
Kage
Kenji

PostSubject: Re: The New Generation: Earth-53   The New Generation: Earth-53 - Page 2 EmptyThu Sep 20, 2012 10:29 pm

"Aaanyway, I think it's getting pretty late," Renee said, uttering a small yawn. It was almost midnight by now. "I don't know about everyone else, but I'm about ready to get some sleep.'

"I hope you don't mean that," Daria said, casually pulling her girlfriend closer by the waist.

Rose chuckled, holding her hands to her hips. "Well, it is getting pretty late, huh? We should do this again, though... it was fun."

---

"What?!" Zatanna blurted, spinning around with her hands at the ready. A second man? But why hadn't her spell stopped him, too? Was it because of the candle? "Let them go, or I swear I'll turn your head into a balloon. And I mean that literally."

But as the man asked his question, she slowly turned to look back at him again, her eyes narrowing. "What kind of question is that? Of course I do. If Neron wants him, he's going to have to go through me first."
Back to top Go down
Nyrax123
Kage
Kage
Nyrax123

PostSubject: Re: The New Generation: Earth-53   The New Generation: Earth-53 - Page 2 EmptyThu Sep 20, 2012 10:37 pm

Zoe could only smile at the obvious implication that Daria threw out as she held Renee close. It was cute to see, especially after hearing the sad story that Renee had said at the hospital the other day. To see the relationship in work was a relief to Zoe, at least Renee had this going for her. It seemed like true love from what she could see.

"Definitely should do this again," Zoe said before finally placing her Beretta on the stand where she had first gotten in. "Next time we'll make it two out of three."

---

"I wouldn't quite throw out threats so easily, we already know what you're capable of," the second man said as he continued to stand firmly. He knew that Zatanna could easily do what she claimed, but he wanted to see what was about to happen.

"Neron doesn't wish to go through you. He'd rather work with you so that you can both end up happier," the mostly frozen man said again. "Neron wants to offer a trade.........one soul for another," he said as a small smile formed on his lips as he looked upon Zatanna's gaze.

"Do you miss your father Zatanna?"
Back to top Go down
Kenji
Kage
Kage
Kenji

PostSubject: Re: The New Generation: Earth-53   The New Generation: Earth-53 - Page 2 EmptyThu Sep 20, 2012 11:01 pm

"Yeah, yeah," Renee muttered, shaking her head. "I'll get you next."

"No you won't," Rose said, as the group made their way out of the shooting range. "But it'll still be fun to see you try."

---

"What kind of idiot do you take me for?" Zatanna asked, narrowing her eyes. "Why in anyway would I work with Neron? I'd sooner make love to a cactus." But, of course, when her father was mentioned... she hesitated, stiffening slightly and glaring at the man. "What... what do you know about my father?"
Back to top Go down
Nyrax123
Kage
Kage
Nyrax123

PostSubject: Re: The New Generation: Earth-53   The New Generation: Earth-53 - Page 2 EmptyThu Sep 20, 2012 11:10 pm

Zoe's eyes slowly opened up as she found herself waking up. She let out a small yawn before slowly pushing herself out of her bed. She shook her head once, messing up her hair as she did so. She really needed to cut it a little shorter, she didn't really enjoy her own long hair. Sometimes it had gotten in to her eyes at a critical moment, so for as long as she could remember she always tried to cut it shorter than most girls did.

Eventually she changed in to some black sweat pants and a tight white top before making her way to the kitchen and beginning to prepare some breakfast. She was making pancakes, eggs, hashbrowns, and a few other common breakfast items. She just hoped Edward and Rose woke up soon enough so that she didn't have to eat it all herself.

---

The first man gave a tiny smile as Zatanna of course used an insult to immediately shoot down his offer. He had a feeling by the time that he was done she would change her tune. "I know enough about your father, Neron has told me to make a deal with you. If you turn Neal over to us, and agree to no longer interfere with Neron or his followers than we promise to return your father back in to the exact original state he was before he traded himself to save you. Along with this, Neron will also promise to never go after your family in any way again....all you have to do is give us the boy," he said as his gaze looked towards the frozen Neal.

"Come on Zatanna, who are you gonna miss more? This kid? Or your own father?" the second man asked as he gripped Neal's shoulder. "The man traded his own soul to make sure that you were safe, you can save him now. Just let Neal come with us and Neron will never come after you again."
Back to top Go down
Kenji
Kage
Kage
Kenji

PostSubject: Re: The New Generation: Earth-53   The New Generation: Earth-53 - Page 2 EmptySun Sep 23, 2012 9:01 pm

Rose came slinking into the kitchen a few minutes later, still half asleep and dressed in nothing but a pair of panties and a T-shirt that jut barely came down to cover them. Her long white hair was in disarray, requiring a shower before it would retain its luscious, silky look. For now, though, she let out a long yawn and sat down at the table, rubbing her eyes. She was hungry.

"So, what's for breaaaaakfaaast?" she asked, yawning out the last word.

---

"No... no, you're lying," Zatanna said, taking a step back and crouching down low to the floor, hands held to her head. She tilted her head forward, her top hat tumbling off. She didn't pick it up, instead staring downward. "He couldn't... he wouldn't do that. Neron's already taken his soul, he wouldn't just.... just give it back like that."

So long ago had her father given his soul in exchange for hers, so long ago had she dealt with his death, with losing him. She'd barely been sixteen then, orphaned and forced to continue on their father/daughter magic act on her own. It had been... very tough times. Outside of her shows, she spent a lot of time just locked up in her home, looking at old pictures and crying herself to sleep. She never... never thought she'd have the chance to get him back.
Back to top Go down
Nyrax123
Kage
Kage
Nyrax123

PostSubject: Re: The New Generation: Earth-53   The New Generation: Earth-53 - Page 2 EmptyMon Sep 24, 2012 2:39 pm

"What have I not prepared might be a better question," Zoe said with a small laugh as she placed some pancakes and some eggs on the plate before passing it over to Rose. "Feel free to grab anything else that looks good, I wasn't sure what sides you might like," Zoe said before she started to scoop up her own plate. Soon enough she had a filled plate and sat opposite of Rose at the table before slowly eating her food.

"How'd you sleep?"

---

"Neron is more generous than you give him credit for Ms. Zatanna," the stronger of the two men said as he looked down at her position. She was obviously letting the full effect sink in of what kind of a deal they were about to make her. "All he asks is the simplest of things in return...just leave here without the boy and never make any attempt to stop us again," he repeated before looking over to the mostly frozen man. Zatanna had yet to release him from the rest of her spell after all.

"So what do you say Zatanna? I have the authority to speak on Neron's behalf and make a deal," the man said as he looked at the downed Zatanna. "Your father won't be any older or younger than the day he traded his soul in. He will still have his magic, and he'll still have every memory of you and the life that you had. He won't be any different than the way that you remembered him."

There was a pause as he allowed the information to sink in to Zatanna's mind. "So, do we have a deal?"
Back to top Go down
Kenji
Kage
Kage
Kenji

PostSubject: Re: The New Generation: Earth-53   The New Generation: Earth-53 - Page 2 EmptyTue Sep 25, 2012 6:24 pm

"Ha... you are the best girlfriend ever," Rose said, eyeing the massive spread of food in front of her. "Of all time. No joke." And with that, she started filling up her plate with just about everything possible. For some reason, she was absolutely starving. She honestly felt like she could eat a horse right now. Plus, she'd need her energy for her daily workout, anyway. She didn't maintain her figure while eating over three thousand calories a day without a little sweat and burn, after all.

"Slept okay," she replied, with a small yawn. "You wanna go for a run after breakfast? I need to get in at least five miles."

---

Zatanna remained quiet for several moments, still staring down at the floor. This kind of offer being dangled in front of her... it wasn't fair. Not even close. But then, Neron seldom played fair. He never made a deal that wasn't in his favor. Breathing in deeply, she finally looked up at the man, swallowing back a numb lump in her throat. "Let me talk to him first. If Neron is serious about the offer... then before I decide, you let me speak to my father."
Back to top Go down
Nyrax123
Kage
Kage
Nyrax123

PostSubject: Re: The New Generation: Earth-53   The New Generation: Earth-53 - Page 2 EmptyTue Sep 25, 2012 7:24 pm

"I'm well aware of that fact," Zoe said confidently before taking a few more bites of her food and downing it with some milk that she poured for herself. She made sure to leave enough for Edward in case he decided that he wanted some. Knowing him though he would probably just end up drinking some type of health drink. That boy did eat some of the strangest things. No matter though, Zoe was planning on spending the whole day with Rose anyway.

"A run huh?" Zoe repeated as she thought about it. "Alright, I could be game for that," she said as she looked over at Rose. "Just let me know when we leave."

---

The two men looked at each other for a moment. Eventually the stronger looking one gave a tiny shrug. The mostly frozen one slowly closed his eyes and seemed to be concentrating for some time. Zatanna would feel a small amount of Neron's magic: an obvious showing that this man was communicating with his master.

"Neron agrees to this, but try anything funny and the deal will be immediately removed," the man said before muttering a single word. It took only a moment for the mist to form, taking on the shape of an ethereal man. It took only a few more moments for him to form shape and grow a few details upon him. Without a doubt though, it was the image of Zatanna's father.
Back to top Go down
Kenji
Kage
Kage
Kenji

PostSubject: Re: The New Generation: Earth-53   The New Generation: Earth-53 - Page 2 EmptyTue Sep 25, 2012 7:55 pm

"Soon as I'm done here," Rose remarked, digging into her massive breakfast. She finished it all remarkably quickly, in little more than five minutes. She really, really wanted to get on with her workout. When she was done, she hurried off to take a shower and get dressed into a pair of gym shorts and T-shirt, then met Zoe by the front door. "Alright, I'm thinking... let's run to Gotham. It's only, what, seven miles?"

---

The New Generation: Earth-53 - Page 2 Untitled-1
"Zatanna?" came the voice, a voice she hadn't heard in so long... and yet it was still so familiar. "Zatanna, is that you?"

She felt a lump form in her throat, as the figure of her father appeared in front of her, ghostly and pale, almost like death. "It's... it's me, Dad... is that really you?"

"Yes, Zatanna," he replied, floating forward a little. "It... it's been so long. My daughter... my god, you're beautiful." A warm, gentle smile formed across his face. "You've really grown."

Zatanna smiled back, already feeling the tears flooding her face. She never... never thought she'd ever see her father again. "Dad I... I'm so sorry. For... for doing this to you, I-"

"Zatanna, that's enough. I'll have none of that." Her father's voice was stern, yet still caring, loving. "This is not your fault."

"But I-"

"I chose this, Zatanna," he said. "For you, who still has her whole life to live. If this is my fate, so that you can be happy, then so be it. But don't for one second blame yourself."

Zatanna bowed her head, closing her eyes. "But with this... with this deal he's offering now, we could be..."

Her father's eyes narrowed, hands coming to her shoulders. They were cold, lifeless. "Zatanna... if I've taught you anything, if you learned anything from me, when I was alive... then you know what you have to do."

She was quiet a long time, until she slowly nodded her head. "I know... I know. I... I'm sorry, Dad. I wish..."

"I know." Leaning forward, he gave her a gentle kiss on the forehead. "I love you."

"I love you, too, Dad," she responded, sucking in a shaky breath and wiping away her tears. "Always..."

"Now, what do you say?" he asked.

Zatanna slowly lifted her head, looking at the other two men. Her eyes suddenly narrowed, hardened. "I say... seimene, leef eht niap fo lleh!"
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The New Generation: Earth-53   The New Generation: Earth-53 - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

The New Generation: Earth-53
Page 2 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next