Naruto: Ultimate Legends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

The New Generation: Earth-53

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 21 ... 38, 39, 40
AuthorMessage
Nyrax123
Kage
Kage
Nyrax123

The New Generation: Earth-53 - Page 40 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The New Generation: Earth-53   The New Generation: Earth-53 - Page 40 EmptySat Aug 18, 2012 12:19 am

Zoe just continued to stay still in her seat as Batman moved. God what was with this guy? Just everything he did seemed so.....wrong to her. She couldn't put her finger on it but she just didn't like the guy. She hated those "holier than thou" types, which put her on similar footing with Rose. Even once Batman left, it took a whole five minutes for Zoe to say anything. "God that dude's a dick," she mumbled before turning back to Rose. "It's like he didn't even care that we tried."

---

The amusing antics of the man went on for about a minute longer until he heard the clapping suddenly stop. He turned, wondering why no one seemed to be amused anymore. He saw their expression first, seeing that they still had that look of wonder in their eyes. Course the only question was why were they stuck still.

Before he even had time to fully realize what had happened Zatanna had stood up and spoken towards him. The man jumped as he hadn't expected the sudden movement in a room that seemed completely frozen. However as he looked towards the woman recognition came to his eyes. "You! You're Zatanna!" he said in what was half wonder and half amusement. "My God I heard stories about you but I never thought that.....wow you're real!" the man said with a healthy laugh that filled the whole room.

"Oh God I'm sorry where are my manners? I'm Stan Palmer," the man said as he stood up and walked over towards Zatanna. "My stage name is The Demon but it's really just for show. Call me Stan," the man said as if everything in the world was going his way. He clearly wasn't taking the situation as serious as Zatanna was.
Back to top Go down
Kenji
Kage
Kage
Kenji

PostSubject: Re: The New Generation: Earth-53   The New Generation: Earth-53 - Page 40 EmptySat Aug 18, 2012 12:29 am

A short while later, voices came from the other side of the door

"Ma'am, you can't go in there!" the nurse called again, running after the woman. "Visiting hours are over, and the patient needs her rest!" A small pause went by, before the nurse suddenly changed her attitude. "Oh, sorry, officer, go right in. Just, please don't take long? She really does need her rest.

The door opened a second later, allowing entry to a young Latina woman in a sweater and jeans. She looked different out of uniform, her let down straight instead of tied back in a ponytail. She got halfway across the room before suddenly stopping, blinking at Zoe in the the chair.

"And here I thought they said visiting hours were over," Renee said, raising an eyebrow.

---

Zatanna blinked a few times in confusion,a s the man introduced himself. This was... not quite what she had expected. If anything, she thought that she and Neal might be in danger here, and yet this guy was... a fan, apparently? "Uh... right," she said, giving him an odd look. "Stan, was it? Uh, nice to meet you, yeah. Just, a few questions, if you don't mind? First of all, where did you come from? You don't really look like you're just starting to discover your gift... and if you've been around for a while, I should know of you... but I don't. So where did you come from?" She paused a second, then added, "And... where do you source your magic from?"
Back to top Go down
Nyrax123
Kage
Kage
Nyrax123

PostSubject: Re: The New Generation: Earth-53   The New Generation: Earth-53 - Page 40 EmptySat Aug 18, 2012 12:42 am

Zoe's head suddenly shot up as she started to hear voices coming from the other side of the door. Someone was trying to get in to Rose's room? But who? Zoe got up and slowly backed up to the wall, reaching around and resting her hand on her weapon. She obviously wasn't going to draw it in a hospital, but it still made her feel better.

Upon seeing who it was, Zoe visibly relaxed and crossed her arms over her chest. "Visiting hours are over, I just don't care much for those rules. Rose doesn't have any family, and I wasn't going to let her wake up alone after she nearly died," Zoe explained as she suddenly had her own questions. "What are you doing here anyway?"

---

"Yeah sure no problem, ask away," Stan said before glancing around the room. He understood that they shouldn't really be that open with their magic but was freezing everyone in the room necessary? Zatanna had even frozen her little lady friend she had been eating with. Why didn't they just go away to talk about all of this?

As the questions were asked Stan took a small breath before his accent suddenly went from an American one to an Australian. "Been Down Under for a while actually," he admitted as he gained a small grin. "Been spending some time in the outback, working on my gift as it were. When I first got it I didn't want to accidentally draw attention to myself," he remarked as his smile grew. "I guess I'm not like you. I wanted to use it for myself, I never really wanted people to come to me with their problems just because I had power.........but at the same time I couldn't ignore it you know?" he asked as he scratched the back of his head.

As the last question came Stan hesitated for a minute. "Oh you know.....some deity or what not. Why do you ask?"
Back to top Go down
Kenji
Kage
Kage
Kenji

PostSubject: Re: The New Generation: Earth-53   The New Generation: Earth-53 - Page 40 EmptySat Aug 18, 2012 12:55 am

"Mm, I can understand that," Renee said, pulling up her own seat next to the bed. She breathed in a long breath and slowly let it out. "I know what it's like not to have a family, too... sort of. Wouldn't want to wake up alone in a hospital, either. She's lucky to have a fried like you, though." Leaning back in her seat, she folded her arms and let out a small yawn. "I just came by to see how she was doing. I mean, I think she's a good kid at heart, you know? In spite of our earlier... meeting, on the freeway, I can tell she's been through a lot. Someone like that, she deserves a real chance, you know?"

---

Aaaand... now he was Australian. Whuh? Of course he was. Then again, she supposed that he could be hiding his accent with his magic somehow... or maybe he was just that good an actor. She stared at him a few moments longer, arms still crossed over her chest. Shifting her weight slightly, she sucked in a deep breath. "Right... some deity. What deity? Something about the way he dodged that question... he knew. Had had to know. "Let's just say I have a personal interest."
Back to top Go down
Nyrax123
Kage
Kage
Nyrax123

PostSubject: Re: The New Generation: Earth-53   The New Generation: Earth-53 - Page 40 EmptySat Aug 18, 2012 1:00 am

"Girlfriend actually," Zoe corrected but not in a rude fashion. She didn't know why, but the more time she spent with Montoya the more she liked her. It said a lot about her character alone that she came down here just to see Rose. Most cops would've just moved on to their next case and gone home. It said a lot that she didn't do just that. "Rose is an amazing person, and no one has ever given her enough credit," Zoe admitted as she looked towards Montoya. "I think she has the ability to make a large difference in the future though. She already changed my life after all......and not just romantically," Zoe clarified.

---

As the question came at him again, Stan could only close his eyes for a moment before looking right at Zatanna. His body language and expression were obviously uncomfortable. Whatever his answer was going to be, it was obvious that he didn't really want to share it. "His name is Neron," Stan finally admitted as he let the answer hang in the air for a minute.
Back to top Go down
Kenji
Kage
Kage
Kenji

PostSubject: Re: The New Generation: Earth-53   The New Generation: Earth-53 - Page 40 EmptySat Aug 18, 2012 1:18 am

"Ah, girlfriend, then," Renee said, without missing a beat. Clearly, she didn't mind one bit that Zoe and Rose were together... of course the reason why became just a bit obvious in a second. Forming a small smile on her face, she released a long breath and explained. "I have someone like that, changed my life in ways I never thought possible. Before I met her... I was in a bad place. Hell, I never could have become a cop without her dragging my ass out of the mud."

---

Oh shit. Oh fuck. Oh no. That was not what Zatanna wanted to hear, not even remotely. Her eyes shifted briefly back over at Neal, before turning back to Stan and running her fingers through her hair. Gone was the bubbly, free spirited Zatanna, replaced with the panicked, serious one. "Neron? Neron is no deity. He's a lord of Hell! And you... wait, does he know about this? Does he know you get your power from him? Are you working for him? Did you... oh tell me you didn't sell your soul to him."
Back to top Go down
Nyrax123
Kage
Kage
Nyrax123

PostSubject: Re: The New Generation: Earth-53   The New Generation: Earth-53 - Page 40 EmptySat Aug 18, 2012 1:24 am

Zoe looked over curiously as Renee seemed to not mind at all about the new information. Sure it was a lot more socially acceptable to be lesbian now, but most people were still thrown off when you publicly announced yourself as one. When Renee explained though Zoe just gained a small smile. "Well, I like to think that I've helped her as much as she's helped me. Rose is a bit....hard sometimes, but she is overall a good person. She just doesn't like to show it in the same way and people get offended by that," Zoe remarked.

"And out of curiosity, how long have you two been together?" Zoe asked as her eyes drifted away from Rose and towards the officer sitting next to her.

---

"Woah woah woah, let's slow down there for a minute," Stan said as he gave a very light laugh. He could obviously see that Zatanna wasn't taking this very well at all, she looked down right terrified. "I don't work for Neron, I still have my free will," the magician said as he looked right towards Zatanna. "My powers are weak, they can never be as strong as yours. He just gave me enough to do some cool parlor tricks really. I couldn't really fight or hurt anyone," Stan admitted. "I'm not dumb enough to sell my soul for power. He just needed a favor and I helped him get it done........I was desperate for money at the time," he justified.

"Believe me I'm no danger to anyone, so stop worrying alright?"
Back to top Go down
Kenji
Kage
Kage
Kenji

PostSubject: Re: The New Generation: Earth-53   The New Generation: Earth-53 - Page 40 EmptySat Aug 18, 2012 1:34 am

"Four years now," Renee said, thinking carefully. "Well, we've been together together for two, officially. But I met her four years ago. Before we... got involved, Daria and I were just friends. Really close friends. Like I said, I was at a low point in my life... drugs, alcohol, sex... just about anything you can think of, I was doing it. God, my parents thought I was going to run myself into an early grave, and I probably would have if not for Daria. She helped me put things back together, helped me... see what I was doing to myself, see how I was hurting everyone around me. She really did save me."

A few moments passed, and then Renee let out a long sigh, bowing her head. Maybe she was just happy to have someone to talk to, because she kept on going. "So we became a couple two years ago, started living together one year ago... and my family found out about it six months ago." A small pause before she continued. "You've never seen an uglier side of humanity until you've seen someone's parents tell their daughter she's going to Hell, and disown her for being a 'sinful abomination'." Shifting in her seat, she folded her arms and huffed out a small breath. "There were other words, too... but nothing I should repeat around a kid, no offense."

---

Zatanna tensed up, swallowing a lump in her throat. She brought hand up, smacking her forehead, and sighed. This guy really was an idiot, wasn't he? When a demon lord asks a favor, who in their right fucking mind says yes? "What did you do for him, Stan? What did Neron tell you to do?" She already had a guess... but she was hoping she was wrong.
Back to top Go down
Nyrax123
Kage
Kage
Nyrax123

PostSubject: Re: The New Generation: Earth-53   The New Generation: Earth-53 - Page 40 EmptySat Aug 18, 2012 1:44 am

Zoe just listened happily as she listened to Renee's story about how she met her lover and current girlfriend. It was cute, and it sorta reminded Zoe of Rose and herself. Course Renee and Daria were obviously at a whole other point in their relationship. Still, they helped each other and made one another better. Wasn't that what couples were all about?

As the bad part came, Zoe couldn't help but let a frown form upon her face. "I got lucky," she admitted. She wasn't sure whether or not Renee would be annoyed by this but she felt like she needed to say it. "My dad always told me that it wasn't about what society deemed as right or wrong. It was about making the best decision," she remarked. "If the person that helps me be my best is a woman, than why should I be afraid to be in love with her? Why would I hold back?" she asked more to herself than as an actual question. She turned to Renee and gave a smile. "There's something different about you, and I think that you care because of what you've gone through. I know that it must have sucked....and probably still does at times, but I think that if God exists he just wants you to be a good person. You clearly are one."

---

"Geez just relax lady. If you wanna know I'll just tell ya," Stan said as he was starting to get really nervous. Zatanna did not look pleased, and he watched the news often enough to know what Zatanna could do to him if he tried to refuse. "He gave me these four candles and told me to look for people with an affinity to magic. Once I found them I was supposed to just give the candles to them and they would take care of the rest.......that's literally it," Stan said as he looked at Zatanna. "I'm guessing it was a small step in something else that was going on, but I didn't ask what it was. I got what I wanted."
Back to top Go down
Kenji
Kage
Kage
Kenji

PostSubject: Re: The New Generation: Earth-53   The New Generation: Earth-53 - Page 40 EmptySun Aug 19, 2012 5:48 pm

Renee was silent for a while before answering. She breathed out a long sigh and looked down at the floor, shaking her head. "You can be as good a person as possible, yet your life can still be ruined by hateful, ignorant bastards. The world is full of them." Folding her hands together, her gaze grew distant, sad. "That saying, bad things happen to good people? Really does seem like the truth sometimes. You're fortunate, though, to have been accepted so openly. Some people don't have that ind of luck."

---

Zatanna facepalmed again, releasing a frustrated, annoyed breath. "Oh you are fucking kidding me..." she muttered, taking in a long, calming breath. This guy really never thought that running a favor for the fucking devil might be a BAD IDEA?! "Okay, Stan. Those candles... who did you give them to?"
Back to top Go down
Nyrax123
Kage
Kage
Nyrax123

PostSubject: Re: The New Generation: Earth-53   The New Generation: Earth-53 - Page 40 EmptySun Aug 19, 2012 6:57 pm

Well, now Zoe just felt like a complete asshole. "I'm sorry, I shouldn't even be talking about this kind of thing," she admitted as her gaze returned back to Rose. She was just a kid after all, and had no idea as to the kind of life that Renee had thus far. For all Zoe knew, Renee had a shitty life and STILL managed to be a good person.

"I didn't mean to offend you," Zoe added as she gave a small glance in Renee's direction.

---

"I don't know, just some guys that he told me to find. I didn't ask their names and I really didn't want to know them," Stan admitted as he gave his own shrug. He was growing annoyed with this conversation. He didn't offer his soul or agree to do anything bad. It was literally just an errand, what was the big deal. "They were other guys with magical abilities, nothing seemed that particularly interesting about them. Though they did sure seem to be excited about those candles."
Back to top Go down
Kenji
Kage
Kage
Kenji

PostSubject: Re: The New Generation: Earth-53   The New Generation: Earth-53 - Page 40 EmptySun Aug 19, 2012 7:03 pm

"Ah, it's alright," Renee assured, shrugging indifferently. "My life is what it is. I just live it, and it's a lot better now than it used to be. All thanks to Daria, like I said. I hate to think where I'd be right now if I hadn't met her. Probably dead, or worse." Looking back up at Rose for a moment, Renee smiled lightly. "I know you're still young, but if you two really care about each other that much, don't let her go, you hear?"

---

"You... you... idiot!" Zatanna blurted out, tearing at her hair with tight fists. "Did you not think, for one moment, that it was probably a bad idea to run an errand for a lord of hell? Did you even once?!" If those candles were what she thought they were, then it could be pretty damn troublesome, if not catastrophic. There was always the off chance that the idiots who got the candles might not do anything with them, but really, when were they ever that lucky. "Do you have any idea what those candles are?!"
Back to top Go down
Nyrax123
Kage
Kage
Nyrax123

PostSubject: Re: The New Generation: Earth-53   The New Generation: Earth-53 - Page 40 EmptySun Aug 19, 2012 7:16 pm

"Well, I'm glad to hear that things are better at least," Zoe admitted as she gained a small smile towards Renee. She had been worried that her words had really offended Renee, but it seemed like she was okay or already over it. Zoe was glad, she didn't want Renee to think badly of her.

While Zoe and her father worked outside of the law at times, Zoe was still taught by her father to always show respect to good police officers. While a lot of them had a bad reputation, most were really just trying to help. Renee was a clear example of one of the good ones. She just wanted to help, even if it was something as simple as not arresting Rose over what happened tonight.

"Don't worry, as long as she wants me as part of her life I'll be holding on to her. I've never met anyone like her. I never thought I would, she's so much more like me than I thought anyone else ever was."

---

"Okay, really not digging the whole yelling thing," Stan said as he took a single step back away from Zatanna. He heard that she was really fun and chill, so what was with the anger all of a sudden? "I don't think that this is as bad as you think. I listened to the deal very clearly. I'm not in service to him or in danger in any possible way. I got my powers and he hasn't contacted me since" Stan insisted.

Once Zatanna mentioned the candles though, Stan grew a concerned expression. "Have you seen them before?" he asked before taking a deep breath. "What do they do?"
Back to top Go down
Kenji
Kage
Kage
Kenji

PostSubject: Re: The New Generation: Earth-53   The New Generation: Earth-53 - Page 40 EmptySun Aug 19, 2012 8:16 pm

"That's good," Renee said, with a small nod. She was smiling absently, just staring at the sleeping Rose. There was no telling when the girl was going to wake up, but she would still recover just fine. After several minutes, she stood up and stuffed her hands into her pockets. "Well, guess I should get going now. Big day tomorrow for the precinct, though I'm not at liberty to say why. Oh, and make sure to send Rose to that address I gave her, so she can get her license. Daria actually teaches there part time, when she's not working her restaurant. Classes start next week, if she's feeling up to it."

---

"It's not you I'm worried about, it's who you gave the damn candles to," Zatanna explained with a frustrated groan. "Any magi who burns one of those candles gains an unfathomable increase to their magical energies, almost godlike. But they have to run favors for Neron before the candles burn out, or they lose their souls to him for eternity. Do you realize what you've done? You've given Neron four unthinkably powerful attack dogs who are now forced to do what he wants, under fear of a fate worse than death!"
Back to top Go down
Nyrax123
Kage
Kage
Nyrax123

PostSubject: Re: The New Generation: Earth-53   The New Generation: Earth-53 - Page 40 EmptySun Aug 19, 2012 8:26 pm

Zoe stood up when Renee did, smiling towards the officer as she said that she needed to go. "Alright, I'll make sure that Rose goes. And I really am sorry for what happened. I thought she would at least go below the speed limit but I guess that I let her get carried away....it won't happen again though," Zoe said with a smile. "And thank you again for finding and saving her, there's no telling what might have happened otherwise," Zoe said before taking her seat again.

"I hope we meet again Officer Montoya."

---

While Stan had originally kept his grin on in the beginning, he was quickly losing it. Instead, he was coming down with an extremely worried expression as his eyes grew wide in fear. "You're serious?" he asked as if he still didn't believe her. But that didn't make any sense. "God he was just using me. They were candles I didn't think they did anything that bad!" Stan muttered as he grabbed his head as if a headache was coming on. "So what do we do now!? I know what they look like, but they could be anywhere by now!"
Back to top Go down
Kenji
Kage
Kage
Kenji

PostSubject: Re: The New Generation: Earth-53   The New Generation: Earth-53 - Page 40 EmptySun Aug 19, 2012 8:39 pm

"Here, take this," Renee said, pulling a small card out of her pocket. It listed her name and phone number, as well as the name of the precinct she worked at. "If you ever have any trouble, feel free to give me a call. I'll help if I can. Or maybe give me a call when I'm off duty. Maybe we can all go out for dinner some time. I'm sure Daria would love to meet you." Then, with a parting wave, Renee exited the hospital room, leaving Zoe alone with Rose.

---

"I think I may have a way to track them..." Zatanna said, thinking about her spells. With the right words, yeah, she should be able to find whoever had the candles. "But first thing's first, we have to brief my assistant on this." Whispering under her breath, time abruptly unfroze, returning to normal. Turning back to the table where Neal was at, she said, "Nicole, this is Stan. Stan, Nicole." She gave Neal a careful glare, telling him to go along with it. It was best to keep his identity secret, since there was no telling what might happen on this sudden mission. It would be best if the likes of Neron's followers didn't know him. "We have to talk."

-------

https://narutoultimatelegend.rpg-board.net/viewtopic.forum?t=2339
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The New Generation: Earth-53   The New Generation: Earth-53 - Page 40 Empty

Back to top Go down

The New Generation: Earth-53
Page 40 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 21 ... 38, 39, 40