The New Generation: Earth-53

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 20 ... 36, 37, 38, 39, 40  Next
AuthorMessage
Kenji
Missing-nin
Missing-nin

PostSubject: Re: The New Generation: Earth-53   Mon Jul 30, 2012 10:11 am

Rose blinked several times, remaining silent after Zoe finished her story. Well, that certainly wasn't quite what she'd been expecting to hear. Exhaling, she held her arms up over her chest again and bowed her gaze towards the ground. "I see..." It took her a few more moments to think of what else to say, eventually looking back up at her. "Well, come on, I mean it wasn't your fault. Well... okay, it was, but not really. If that makes sense. You were a kid. You were young. Stupid. We were all kids once, I know what that's like... okay, maybe not shooting someone in the leg, but you get my point. I hope. You can't keep blaming yourself forever for it... I mean, especially since you're supposed to be best friends with the guy. Though, that also begs the question... how exactly are you two best friends when he gets upset whenever you're around?"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Nyrax123
Kage
Kage

PostSubject: Re: The New Generation: Earth-53   Mon Jul 30, 2012 10:16 am

"He explained it to me once," Zoe began as she moved towards a room and entered it before taking a seat on the king size bed that was decked out in blankets and memory foam. "He's in a constant state of pain, but thinking about what happened that night always seems to make the pain worse. So seeing me always seems to be the trigger for remembering the night that he got shot," she said as she moved so that she was now laying down on the pillow. "In terms of personality we work and get along together really well, but sometimes the pain acts up and he just gets angry because no matter how smart or talented he is he can't escape it."

"He says that he doesn't blame me anymore...but part of me just thinks that he does," Zoe said with a small sign as she pulled out her pistol and looked at it for a moment. "He's gotten a lot better though. His episodes used to come more frequently but now they only come every so often.....I guess since it's been over a year since I've seen him his mind must have kicked in the moment he saw me. With luck it'll die down after a day or two."

Missing-nin
Missing-nin

PostSubject: Re: The New Generation: Earth-53   Mon Jul 30, 2012 10:22 am

"Huh... I see," Rose said, pursing her lips in thought. She really had no idea how a friendship like that could work, but somehow they'd made it happen. To her, it would be like being best friends with Neal... and that just wasn't ever going to happen. But whatever, it was their friendship, not hers. She didn't have to understand it, just acknowledge it for what it was. "Well, I guess we should just get settled in, in that case. Then we can... I don't know, what is there to do around here?"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Nyrax123
Kage
Kage

PostSubject: Re: The New Generation: Earth-53   Mon Jul 30, 2012 10:46 am

Zoe gave a small shrug as Zoe asked about what there was to do. "Edward is a guy that enjoys his taste in everything to be honest," Zoe said while knowing how ridiculous that statement might have sounded. "He owns movies, books, games, swords, almost anything that he's ever wanted he's made sure that he's gotten. He doesn't really mind if we use any of his stuff as long as we don't break anything," Zoe admitted before pushing herself up from the bed and looking towards Rose. "Hey there's a pool if you wanna go swim for a while......I kinda wanna try talking to him if you don't mind."

Missing-nin
Missing-nin

PostSubject: Re: The New Generation: Earth-53   Mon Jul 30, 2012 9:43 pm

"Uh, yeah, okay," Rose said, as she set up her duffel bag on the far end of the room. Swords, huh? ...she might have to look into those. "I'll probably just go swimming for a while, then. See you later."

---

"Are you ready?" Colonel Wilkins asked, hands clasped firmly behind his back.

No answer. Just stone cold silence.

Wilkins calmly glanced over to the man to his left. "Is he going to be okay?"

"Of course, he'll be fine," Director Atkins responded, tapping his pencil on the clipboard in his hands. "He should be fully indoctrinated now... no more mishaps like before."

"I should certainly hope not," the colonel breathed, staring at the wall in front of him. "I don't need him slaughtering another twenty of my best men by trying to escape. You're absolutely sure he won't resist anymore commands?"

"Of course I'm sure," Atkins said, pushing his glasses farther up the bridge of his nose. "I made him what he is, after all. The Terminator Project was my creation.. These past six months were merely... the warm up. Pretty soon, that incident in New York will be just a blip on the radar in comparison."

Colonel Wilkins let out a relaxed breath, staring back at the man strapped and harnessed to the wall, bleeding from multiple lacerations and nearly unconscious. "Good. In that case, I think it's time we sent him back in the field. But... he'll need a codename."

---

"Okay, these are pretty cool," Rose said to herself, as she swished the pair of swords around in the air. She suddenly felt all cool and badass like this, and she loved it. With a sharp breath of air, she thrust forward, then spun around and slashed the air again. She was starting to get the hang of these things.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Nyrax123
Kage
Kage

PostSubject: Re: The New Generation: Earth-53   Mon Jul 30, 2012 9:49 pm

As Rose practiced with the swords she'd hear a light tapping coming from the doorway. "Cool aren't they?" Edward asked as he walked in to the room with the help of his cane. He was smiling pretty widely this time around, and there was no pain or bitterness apparent in his voice. "I bought those a few months back and have been training with them ever since, even got a few more to add to the collection," he admitted before leaning his weight on to the cane.

"Wanna have a little duel?"

Missing-nin
Missing-nin

PostSubject: Re: The New Generation: Earth-53   Mon Jul 30, 2012 10:08 pm

Rose glanced back as Edward entered the room. She hadn't quite been ready to have alone time with him, and wasn't exactly sure what to talk bout with him, either. Fortunately, he already seemed plenty prepared with a conversation starter regarding the swords. Swishing the blades around a couple times, she shrugged. "Well, I suppose we could... but I'm not too familiar with swords. My fists, though, that's a different story..." As a matter of fact, she probably had a far better chance against someone wielding a sword by using her fists, rather than another blade.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Nyrax123
Kage
Kage

PostSubject: Re: The New Generation: Earth-53   Tue Jul 31, 2012 2:43 am

"Well, Zoe and I used to spar for fun but I'll make sure to go easy on you," Edward said before removing the top of his cane. The question mark extended out, revealing that part of his cane was in fact a true hidden blade in disguise. The question mark seemed like an odd handle but Edward seemed to hold it perfectly. He lightly placed the wooden part of the cane against the wall before moving a decent distance away from Rose. "I am ready whenever you are," he said as he took a defensive stance. His sword appeared to be more like that of a rapier rather than a cleaving blade of any kind.

Missing-nin
Missing-nin

PostSubject: Re: The New Generation: Earth-53   Wed Aug 01, 2012 8:28 pm

"Right, well... we'll see just how easy you have to go," Rose said, confidently. Of course she didn't really know what she was doing yet, but that wasn't going to stop her. She eyes his cane sword carefully, wondering just how difficult it was to hold it properly by the question mark hilt. That couldn't be comfortable. Then, she held her dual blades up at the ready and took as good a stance as she could figure out how, waiting for him to make a move. "If there's anything I know from experience, it's to never make the first move."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Nyrax123
Kage
Kage

PostSubject: Re: The New Generation: Earth-53   Wed Aug 01, 2012 11:32 pm

"I'm going to have to disagree with you on that one," Edward said as he took a single step forward and held his blade out so that it was pointing straight at Rose. "You should always make the first move if you know exactly what you're doing," he said before suddenly moving forward at a much faster speed than Rose would probably expect from someone that had an injury on their leg. His first movement almost appeared to be a thrust, but with a quick flick of his wrist Edward turned the blade to strike the one in Rose's right hand before than moving his arm to strike at her left. It was obviously he was trying to put her on the defensive and perhaps create an opening for an attack.

Missing-nin
Missing-nin

PostSubject: Re: The New Generation: Earth-53   Fri Aug 03, 2012 10:36 pm

Fortunately, in spite of her relative inexperience with blades, her martial arts background played very well in keeping her a step ahead of the boy. She couldn't even begin to make a parry or anything of that sort, but her footwork kept her out of harm's way, allowed her to evade his attacks. He was faster than she would have thought, she'd give him that, but she was still much faster. Fourteen years of martial arts training would do that, especially when seven months of that was under the Black Canary herself.

"Attacking first shows impulsiveness, eagerness," Rose stated, circling her opponent. At this point she'd rather just throw her blades away and disarm him the old fashioned way, but she wouldn't learn like that. "And if the person you're facing knows what they're doing, too, then it opens you up for a counter attack." She paused a moment, shifting her weight. "Granted, I don't know what I'm doing, but that isn't the point."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Nyrax123
Kage
Kage

PostSubject: Re: The New Generation: Earth-53   Sat Aug 04, 2012 3:12 am

"Very well stated," Edward said as he gave a genuine nod. "However, I would also point out that the most important blow in a fight is the first one. Whoever gets hurt starts to lose confidence, they start to panic and act on the defense in the hopes of not getting harmed again," he stated as he circled just as much as Rose did. "And besides, making the first move makes your opponent go on the defensive," he remarked before raising an eyebrow. "And I find it very interesting that you've yet to make a move of your own. So far you're just blocking.....trying to perhaps pick up on my skill level before deciding how hard to swing your blade next?" he asked curiously.

Edward's eyes motioned downwards at his own leg for a moment. "Don't worry, you're not going to damage it unless you go out of your way to do it. Just give me what you have, I can take losing."

Missing-nin
Missing-nin

PostSubject: Re: The New Generation: Earth-53   Sun Aug 05, 2012 5:33 pm

"More like trying to gauge my own skill level before doing something stupid," Rose remarked, tapping one of the blades on her shoulder. She was starting to get used to the way he moved, though. Her background in martial arts translated well into swordplay, at least when it came to picking up on her opponent's motions and tells. She just needed to figure out how best to make a counter with two long blades of steel, instead of fists. It felt very different, after all. Eventually, she inched her feet forward and let out a cool breath, then lunged in low, with one blade going up to push his away, and the other coming in to strike at his thigh.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Nyrax123
Kage
Kage

PostSubject: Re: The New Generation: Earth-53   Mon Aug 06, 2012 12:21 am

Zoe had given a little introduction to Rose, but it was mainly a name and how they knew each other. The fact that Rose was quite the trained combatant was definitely not one of the things that Zoe had mentioned. Edward had been taught how to use swords for a while, but he was more of a brain rather than the natural fighters that Zoe and Rose were. In short, he really didn't stand much of a chance. Thankfully Edward was at least smart enough to not have the swords on display sharpened. As the smack hit his leg it stung for a moment but there would be no permanent damage.

"You're better than I thought you would be......did Zoe teach you how to fight?"

Missing-nin
Missing-nin

PostSubject: Re: The New Generation: Earth-53   Mon Aug 06, 2012 8:44 pm

Rose planted the points of the swords against the floor, leaning slightly to one side as she watched Edward carefully. Funny, she'd almost expected it to be a little mroe difficult than that. Then again, it wasn't like this guy was some sword master. The swords weren't even sharp. Apparently, they were just a hobby for him. breathing outwardly, she walked over to the wall and placed the swords back up on their racks. Then, she bowed her head and stared at the floor. "No, Zoe didn't teach me," Rose said, holding a hand up against the wall in front of her. "I've been able to do stuff like that since long before I met her. It... was my dad. He taught me."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Nyrax123
Kage
Kage

PostSubject: Re: The New Generation: Earth-53   Tue Aug 07, 2012 12:58 am

Well, apparently that was the wrong question to ask. Edward was no master interpreter, but he was smart enough to see the change in demeanor when Rose spoke about her father and how she had been taught by him. He couldn't help but wonder what happened, course it wasn't his place to ask. Zoe was his friend, and thus Rose was a friend by extension. The only thing that he could do was try to help. "Well he did a good job," Edward said as he placed his sword back in his cane. "You know you can keep those if you want, I'm sure you'll get more use out of them than I will."

Missing-nin
Missing-nin

PostSubject: Re: The New Generation: Earth-53   Thu Aug 09, 2012 8:20 pm

"Thanks for the offer, but I don't like to half-ass anything," Rose said, pushing herself away from the wall. "Er, I mean, no offense or anything... I just- if I was ever going to use swords, I'd want to know them first, everything about them. I'd want someone to teach me how to master them, how to fight with them as well as I do my fists. And somehow, I don't think I'm going to find anyone like that around here. So... guess they'll just be collecting a bit mroe dust, for now."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Nyrax123
Kage
Kage

PostSubject: Re: The New Generation: Earth-53   Fri Aug 10, 2012 2:52 am

"Fair enough," Edward said as he leaned upon his cane once again. "At any rate, I think I mentioned it before but if you need anything don't hesitate to ask. I know the kind of work that you and Zoe do......you help people," he said simply before moving and taking a seat in a nearby chair. Rose would notice that Edward allowed one of his hands to drop and slowly rubbed the injured leg. He took only a moment to do so before withdrawing his hands. "If you need information or supplies just ask, if I can get it I'll make sure that it gets to you."

Edward suddenly snapped his fingers. "Oh and I almost forgot!" he said before turning to look at Rose. "Zoe wanted to see you, she's waiting for you by the front door I believe."

Missing-nin
Missing-nin

PostSubject: Re: The New Generation: Earth-53   Fri Aug 10, 2012 5:07 am

"Well, we try to, anyway," Rose said, crossing her arms across her chest. Whether or not they actually succeeded in helping people was something else altogether. Lately, things hadn't really been going well in that department, especially with the whole suspension and everything. "But really, unless you know some kind of uber sword master who can train me how to use these things, then I don't really need anything. Just food and clothes, really, and I'm good. Anyway, thanks. It was nice talking to you."

She gave him a small wave, then headed out of the room towards the front of the house. She hoped that he and Zoe's talk had gone well. They were supposed to be really good friends, yet apparently there was an almost constant underlying tension between them because of Edward's injury. When Rose arrived at the front door, she stuffed her hands in her pockets and let out a long yawn. "Alright, Zoe, I'm here," she announced, ready for whatever her girlfriend needed her for.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Nyrax123
Kage
Kage

PostSubject: Re: The New Generation: Earth-53   Sat Aug 11, 2012 4:06 am

"About damn time," Zoe said as her tone clearly indicated a pissed off mood. "Would you do me a favor and explain to me what the hell that is outside!?" Zoe demanded as she threw open the front door. Despite her hostility Rose would be greeted to an interesting sight. Outside at the front of the house was the same cherry red motorcycle that Zoe used earlier when Rose and her first met. However, it was what was next to it that would probably catch Rose's eye.

A sleek, black motorcycle with similar design to Zoe's motorcycle was right next to it. It was shining, clearly having never even been ridden before. On the side of it was a clear decal, a rose.

Zoe suddenly wrapped her arms around Rose from behind. "Sorry for the rude tone but I had to throw you off before you suspected anything," she said with a warm smile. "Happy late....or early birthday. I don't think you've even mentioned when your birthday is now that I think about it..."

Missing-nin
Missing-nin

PostSubject: Re: The New Generation: Earth-53   Sat Aug 11, 2012 8:29 am

Rose just sort of scared at Zoe for a moment, as the girl apparently flew into some kind of rage. Wait, what the hell was going on now? Had she done something that she wasn't aware of to piss off Zoe? Something was outside now? ....what was outside? Thoroughly confused, Rose slowly moved to the doorway and glanced outside. At first, she didn't notice anything out of the ordinary, just a couple of motorcyc... a couple? Wait a second.

Rubbing her eyes in disbelief, she blinked a few times and then stared at the black motorcycle with rose decals on it. It was clearly brand spanking new, and even she could figure out that it was all hers. "Oh my god," Rose said, running up to the thing like a kid on Christmas morning. "Oh my god, it's- you- and-" She could barely get her sentences out at the moment, she was so shocked, in a good way.

Running her fingers along the shiny metal, her hand stopped over the rose decal, which made her smirk back up at Zoe. "Cute," she said, then mounting the seat and clamping her legs tightly around the vehicle. Something about it just felt... right. "As far as I'm concerned, today is my birthday."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Nyrax123
Kage
Kage

PostSubject: Re: The New Generation: Earth-53   Sat Aug 11, 2012 3:19 pm

"Well, clearly you're taking it well. Good, I don't think the place was too happy about the idea of a refund," Zoe teased as she leaned up against her own motorcycle and watched as Rose practically fell in love with the thing on the spot. Zoe was glad, she knew that after that whole spat with Neal that Rose wasn't too happy, hence the leaving of the team. She had hoped that something like this would cheer her up.

"Well it's all yours. I'm still going to have to teach you how to use it, but don't worry. With how fast of a learner you are I don't think it'll be a problem at all."

Missing-nin
Missing-nin

PostSubject: Re: The New Generation: Earth-53   Sat Aug 11, 2012 3:24 pm

"As long as you teach me right now," Rose said, looking back up at Zoe again with a smile. "I want to take this baby for a spin ASAP." Suddenly, all the problems that she'd had earlier that day were gone. Whether it was completely by the fact that she now had a brand spanking new motorcycle of her own, or the fact that her wonderful girlfriend went and got her such an equally wonderful gift, she felt on top of the world right now.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Nyrax123
Kage
Kage

PostSubject: Re: The New Generation: Earth-53   Sat Aug 11, 2012 3:27 pm

About an hour later...

"And with that I believe that you are good to go," Zoe said before hopping off of the back of the motorcycle. Most recently she had Rose drive her around for a bit of a test run after some earlier tests. "I think that you're ready to go on your own now....my how you grew up so fast," Zoe said as she rubbed a fake tear from her eye. She just laughed before smiling and taking a step back. "Congratulations Ms. Wilson, you are now fully responsible for that bike. Please try not to break it within the first week."

Missing-nin
Missing-nin

PostSubject: Re: The New Generation: Earth-53   Sat Aug 11, 2012 3:36 pm

"Sweet," Rose said, revving the engine of her bike. She was enjoying that rumbling between her legs way more than she should. "In that case, let's take a ride. I don't really care where, but I want to take this baby somewhere. And we can... I don't know, find a place to have some fun. There a city around here?" She was ignoring the fact that she didn't actually have a license completely. She didn't need one, in her mind. Of course, whether or not that came back to bite her remained to be seen.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The New Generation: Earth-53   

Back to top Go down

The New Generation: Earth-53
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 37 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 20 ... 36, 37, 38, 39, 40  Next