The New Generation: Earth-53

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 22 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
Nyrax123
Kage
Kage

PostSubject: Re: The New Generation: Earth-53   Mon May 07, 2012 8:55 pm

The next morning Rose would wake up and leave her room. The house was mostly quiet, but she would hear one noise coming from the living room. As she came out she would see Neal sitting on the couch, dressed but with some food in his hands. He was eating it absently as he was watching the television. He glanced up as he heard her come in. "Oh hey," he said before taking a quite bite of food. "I told my day that I was sick today, figured I'd stay home with you," Neal said before starting to stand up. "You want anything to eat? I can make you an omelet or pancakes or something"

Missing-nin
Missing-nin

PostSubject: Re: The New Generation: Earth-53   Mon May 07, 2012 9:02 pm

Needless to say, Rose slept in the next morning. It wasn't that she was overly tired or anything, she just didn't feel like getting up. Like, at all. After crying herself to sleep last night, she just wanted to lie there and die, or at least disappear forever. Eventually, though, her internal clock began to kick the inside of her head, forcing her to get up out of bed. When she exited the bedroom, she glanced back and forth down the hallway, wondering what to do. Normally, she'd take a shower after waking up, but she had no change of clothes, so she couldn't do that.

Letting out a long sigh, she bowed her head and slowly walked through the house into the living, where Neal was waiting for her. She stared at him absently for a few moments, as he spoke to her, then glanced off to the side, holding one arm with the other and shifting her weight. "No... I'm not really hungry..." she muttered, with a shrug. Another awkward pause. "I... don't have anything to wear..."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Nyrax123
Kage
Kage

PostSubject: Re: The New Generation: Earth-53   Mon May 07, 2012 9:06 pm

"Well I think you should still eat something though," Neal tried to insist. Rose was tough but even she still needed food. But they could get to that later, she presented another predicament that probably needed to be resolved rather soon. "Oh," Neal said as he was presented with that. He thought about it for a moment before scratching his head. "Well, I'd like to help you but I'm not quite sure what to do," he admitted. "You're older than Jordan so I doubt that anything she has would fit you," Neal pointed out.

"I don't know.........I guess we could run to the store and buy something for you. For today at least, I'm sure my dad would give us some money when he gets back. He probably just didn't think ahead on this one"

Missing-nin
Missing-nin

PostSubject: Re: The New Generation: Earth-53   Wed May 09, 2012 2:56 pm

"Maybe I'll eat something..." Rose muttered, sitting down in a chair for a moment and just staring at the floor. She didn't really have the motivation or drive to do much of anything, wanting to just sit there and waste away, or disappear. When Neal mentioned the possibility of buying her clothes later on, though, she glanced up and blinked at him. "But... you shouldn't have to spend any money on me. You didn't ask for me to be forced into your home like this, I'm sure your family has better things to put your money towards...."

Letting out a long sigh, she stood up from the chair and then wandered back into the kitchen to make something to eat. She wondered when her mother's funeral would be, or if anyone would even set one up. She didn't know how to do that herself, and there wasn't really anyone else who could do it, with her dad missing and likely dead as well... maybe Wintergreen, but she hadn't heard from him in months, something about him taking a trip to Italy. She doubted a lot of people would even show up to a funeral, either. Sure, her mother had a few friends, but she didn't work anywhere and mostly spent her time teaching Rose and maintaining the house. Point being, there wouldn't be too many people missing Lillian Wilson, and that fact actually made the loss hurt even more.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Nyrax123
Kage
Kage

PostSubject: Re: The New Generation: Earth-53   Wed May 09, 2012 4:03 pm

"I think you should, you look really pale after all," Neal pointed out as he continued to watch Rose. The look on her face was just like a ghost, it was the only way Neal could describe it. It was sad and distant, almost like she would rather be anywhere in the world. He didn't take that to mean anything against him, but he just only wished that he could really do something for her. But what could he do? He couldn't bring her mother back, nor could he figure out what happened to her father. His body wasn't found in the fire, and had he escaped he wouldn't have just left Rose alone like this.

Something must have happened.

"It's not a big deal really," Neal insisted. "I'm sure he won't mind, and we can't just have you wearing the same set of clothes for the next few weeks, or however long you want to stay here," Neal added. He didn't want to assume anything, but he really had no idea what Rose was going to do now. After all she had nowhere else to go right? "We should really go, who knows it might even be a little fun"

Missing-nin
Missing-nin

PostSubject: Re: The New Generation: Earth-53   Wed May 09, 2012 4:13 pm

"Fun... right," Rose said, almost bitterly. What on earth could be fun right now? She'd just lost her parents, her home, all her possessions, and she was supposed to think about fun? It was honestly the last thing on her mind right now. She'd sooner dance around in a pink dress singing 'I'm a little teapot' than try to find something fun right now. No, she just wanted to be miserable, but then that was part of the grieving process. You didn't just get over something like that in a day, you had a certain grace period where you had every right to be miserable. Rose made herself a cold breakfast of cereal, nothing really special, just enough to get something in her stomach and prepared for the day. When she was finished, she started walking out of the house.

"I... should go train," she said. "I have to go train... my dad would want me to train." She said her words like some kind of robot, or zombie (or zombie robot!), completely mechanical. Head down, she walked around the feance to her ruined property, past the burnt wreckage, and into the back yard. When she got there, she climbed the tree in near the back, unhooked the heavy bag, and then started dragging it back around to Neal's property. They had a tree, too, so she'd hang it there... it would have to work for now.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Nyrax123
Kage
Kage

PostSubject: Re: The New Generation: Earth-53   Wed May 09, 2012 4:20 pm

Fun, yeah that was definitely not the right word to choose. Definitely a very bad word for this situation. Dang it, why did he have to open his mouth? Here he was trying to be helpful and he was just making himself look like a jerk. She probably thought that he didn't care at all about what had happened. Neal already knew that he couldn't relate. His mother died of natural causes, while her parents were both physically taken from her. Neal didn't even have a chance to remember his mother, while Rose had a clear memory of both of them in her mind. Her loss was far greater than his own.

As she said that she needed to go train, Neal just watched as she walked with almost no life in her step. It was a hard thing to watch, and he had no idea what he could say anymore. Part of him wondered if he should just shut up. He and Rose had only known each other for about three days now, how could he hope to be close to her at this time? As she began to come back with the heavy bag, Neal was out in the backyard, sitting on a chair that they had back there. "No chance you want someone to train with. I'm not that good, but it might at least give you a chance to hit a target that can move"

Missing-nin
Missing-nin

PostSubject: Re: The New Generation: Earth-53   Wed May 09, 2012 4:27 pm

"I don't think that would be a good idea..." she said, while climbing up into the tree with the heavy bag chain. She could barely lift the thing high enough in order to tie it off, but she didn't ask for help. She didn't need help. Well, she just didn't want any. "I don't want to hurt you... and your dad would kick me out if he came home to find out that I'd beat up his son." They really were valid reasons, though the biggest reason of all was that Rose really intended on dishing out her anger, grief, and frustrations right now, and Neal did not want to be on the receiving end of that.

As soon as she got the heavy bag into position, she started to beat it. And beat it. And really, really, really beat the tar out of it. Had Neal been in that bag's place, he's probably be on his way to the hospital with multiple broken bones, internal bleeding, a ruptured spleen, collapsed lungs, and so on and so forth. It would not have been pretty. About ten minutes into this onslaught, however, Rose overreached with one of her kicks again and ended up missing as it swung by, thus teetering off balance and being knocked to the ground again. She didn't move, for a moment, just staying motionless on her hands and knees, until finally she sank her head low to the ground, fingers digging into the dirt, and began to cry, no holding back. Just full on, sorrow fueled, grief stricken weeping.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Nyrax123
Kage
Kage

PostSubject: Re: The New Generation: Earth-53   Wed May 09, 2012 4:33 pm

"I highly doubt that, you could literally tell him that I asked for it," Neal said. But he didn't push any harder, as he didn't want to push Rose in to turning any of her hostility towards him. He would just have to face the fact that there wasn't anything that he could do yet. She didn't want to talk, she didn't want to distract herself. She just wanted to be angry and alone. Neal didn't feel like it was healthy, but it was something that he hoped he never understood. He wanted to help a friend out, but for the moment it seemed like there was nothing he could do.

When Rose fell to the ground, Neal glanced up from where he was sitting. At first he thought that something was wrong, but after seeing her begin to weep he was able to confirm that things were very wrong. For all Neal knew this was how she was going to be forever. Just by looking at her Neal felt like he could feel some of the pain that emanating from her. He wanted to say something, but what more was there to say? He just bowed his head down and closed his eyes, trying to not allow his own emotions to push him to tears.

Missing-nin
Missing-nin

PostSubject: Re: The New Generation: Earth-53   Wed May 09, 2012 4:55 pm

Three days ago...

"Take the shot, soldier."

"I'm not one of your soldiers, anymore," Slade growled, still glaring through the scope at his target. Or rather, his target being blocked by a small boy, the man's son. "I work with you now, not for you, and I call the shots I make."

"That's not how this works," Colonel Wilkins said in response, his voice sounding harsh over the wireless headset. "We give you the targets, you eliminate the targets. That's why we gave you the codename Deathstroke. It's what you do."

Slade slowly shakes his head, watching as the limousine continues coming towards him down the street. Situated on the top of a building about half a mile away, it's an easy shot for him to make... if only the damn kid would move out of the way. He isn't about to shoot through the boy to kill his father, though, even if that is what his superiors would have him do. "You can go to hell if you think I'm taking this shot."

"Damn it, Slade, do it now!" Wilkins shouted back over the comm. "That's an order."

"Screw your orders," he responded, taking his eye off the scope and lifting his rifle upwards. No way, not this time.

And that's when the gunshot rings out. Not from his weapon, but from someone else's, a second shooter. In a panic, Slade brings the scope back to his eye, trying to get sight on the target.. He finds the target, alright, dead as intended. But not just the target. The man's son, too, lies dead in the back seat of the limousine, the bullet having gone through both their heads.

"Wilkins, you son of a bitch!" he shouts over his radio. "Who was that? Who took the shot?!"

"Sorry, Slade, but it had to be done," Wilkins replied. "You understand."

---

Present Day...

Slade let out a small groan, as consciousness slowly returned to him. He can't feel most of his body, but then that's because he's hopped up on painkillers, to suppress the sensations of his injuries, specifically the two shotgun blasts to his legs. Of course, pretty soon his injuries won't be a factor at all, but then he doesn't know that. When his vision finally cleared up, he was able to make out two familiar faces standing in front of him. Colonel Wilkins stood there, arms folding and staring at him, while Wade DeFarge, his half-brother, leaned against a table cleaning his fingernails with a large knife.

"About time you woke up," Wilkins said, frowning. "Just wanted to wish you luck before the procedure begins. It is untested, after all."

At this point, Slade realized that he's been strapped down to a cold metal table, most of his clothing gone, down to his underwear. A bunch of wires and machines are hooked up to him, a precursor to god knows what kind of twisted experiments. "What the hell are you doing to me?"

"Nothing you won't enjoy," Wade replied, glancing up at him. "Provided you survive the tests."

Slade struggled briefly to break his bonds, but eventually stopped after it proves futile. "You're dead," he said, glaring at them. "All of you. I will get out of here, and when I do, I will make you all suffer."

"Of course you will," Wilkins said, pressing a small button on the side of a large machine next to the table. This caused a heavy dose of sedatives to enter into Slade's bloodstream, putting him back into unconsciousness.

---

Rose wasn't sure of how long she remained on the ground crying, but when she was finally able to stand back up again, her eyes were red and puffy, and throat sore. eventually, she went back to beating on the heavy bag, this time even managing to bring it down with how hard she was hitting it. The entire tree limb ended up snapping, effectively ending her work out session for the day. Bowing her head again, she walked back inside and went to take a long nap.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Nyrax123
Kage
Kage

PostSubject: Re: The New Generation: Earth-53   Wed May 09, 2012 5:00 pm

Next Weekend......

Things weren't really normal at the Anderson's, but they were far closer than they had been. Neal continued to do his best to try and help Rose, but overall he still felt like he wasn't able to accomplish anything. Rose was just in her own world, and it wasn't even like he could say he understood how she felt. She really was alone, and now she was thrust with a family that she hardly knew anything about. They had only just started to be friends, they still weren't really that close unfortunately.

It was Saturday and Neal's father actually had the day off. Despite Rose's insistence, Clint made sure that they went and bought clothes for Rose that she was allowed to pick out. The girl had just lost her parents, he wasn't going to be super picky with his money at a time like this. The girl needed support right now after all. "So, you kids have any plans today?" Clint asked before taking a drink from his morning coffee.

Missing-nin
Missing-nin

PostSubject: Re: The New Generation: Earth-53   Wed May 09, 2012 5:16 pm

"Training... studying..." Rose replied, staring down into her half empty bowl of cereal. She was hungry, and she did actually want to eat, but for some reason she just couldn't find the motivation to finish her food. Eventually, she let out a long sigh, and slowly raised up another spoonful to shove in her mouth. About all she had been doing the past few days was beating up the heavy bag and reading up information online that pertained to what she would still be learning from her mother, were she still alive. Speaking of her mother, the funeral had been held a few days ago, put together by the local funeral home out of charity, since no one else was around who could have actually done it, with Rose being the only living member of the family left, as far as they knew.

As expected, only a small handful of people showed up to the service, and it was enough to make Rose want to sink into a dark hole. What's worse than trying to pull yourself together to say a few words about your dead mother in front of other people at a funeral service? Trying to do it in front of maybe a dozen people at most, half of whom she didn't even know the names of. But the funeral was past her now, even if it didn't help her general sense of grief. At least she could try to focus on other things right now.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Nyrax123
Kage
Kage

PostSubject: Re: The New Generation: Earth-53   Wed May 09, 2012 6:06 pm

"Exciting," Clint said as he finished the rest of his coffee. "Maybe you should go on a walk or something, maybe going for a run would be a nice way to change your training around. God only knows that your hands must be throbbing after all the crap you've put them through," he pointed out as he looked over towards Rose. Clint had of course made sure that the entire family had gone in order to support Rose, seeing as she would know so few people as it was. Perhaps just a few friendly faces would make it easier on her.

It didn't though.

"You know, Neal tells me that you've been looking for a sparring partner," Clint said absently. "I've never really been fully trained in hand to hand combat, but I'm sure I could still show you a thing or two if you'd be interested"

Missing-nin
Missing-nin

PostSubject: Re: The New Generation: Earth-53   Wed May 09, 2012 6:16 pm

Rose slowly glanced up at Clint, as he suddenly offered to be her sparring partner. Was he beings serious? Sure, police officers received moderate training, but certainly nothing like the military stuff her father had put her through. She doubted that he had anything that he could really teach her, although the idea of having someone to fight that she couldn't get in trouble for (after all, what kinds of grown man wants to admit that he got beat up by a fifteen year old girl?), did give her a small amount of amusement. Remaining quiet for a moment, she eventually found a response.

"If I can be honest, I think it would be more likely that I could show you a thing or two," she said, quietly. "But if you promise not to arrest me for giving you a black eye, I suppose having someone to spar with might be okay..."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Nyrax123
Kage
Kage

PostSubject: Re: The New Generation: Earth-53   Wed May 09, 2012 10:34 pm

Clint just gained a small smile as Rose said that she believed that she would be the one showing Clint some moves. Based on what he had seen so far, she probably wasn't wrong. "I'm not going to arrest you Rose, but don't think that I'll let you give me that black eye either," he added with a laugh. "I may be old but I am far tougher than I look," he said as he thought back to the times where he had to fight criminals without his firearm.

"So tell me Rose, what exactly made you the little fighter that you are? Neal mentioned that your father trained you, what did he do exactly?" Clint asked curiously.

Missing-nin
Missing-nin

PostSubject: Re: The New Generation: Earth-53   Wed May 09, 2012 10:52 pm

Rose shrugged slightly, staring back down at her cereal bowl. She didn't answer at first, instead taking a long time to lift the spoon back up to her mouth for another bite. Eventually, though, she brought herself to answer. "My dad was teaching me everything he knew..." she said, slowly sinking farther into her chair. "Ever since I could throw a punch, he trained me... said he didn't want me to be a victim. It wasn't just military training he taught me, either. He knew... I mean, he knows a lot of different martial arts." She was sure to emphasize the fact that she believed her father to still be alive, somewhere out there, no matter where he was. He may have been taken from her, but she was sure he was still alive. How couldn't he be? If the man who had come to attack them intended to kill Slade, too, he would have done so and left the body behind along with her mother.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Nyrax123
Kage
Kage

PostSubject: Re: The New Generation: Earth-53   Thu May 10, 2012 1:54 am

"I see," Clint said as he just stared down at the floor for a moment. As strange as it was to hear about a father teaching his daughter ways to defend herself, it was also endearing. This was a father that never wanted his daughter to be taken advantage of, for no one to ever misuse her. Clint now wished that he had taken more time to get to know his neighbor, perhaps they would have gotten along. "Well if you know several forms of martial arts maybe you really would give me that black eye," Clint said with a laugh as he looked over to Rose. "Well, I'm not sure when I'll see your father but when I do I'll have to tell him how impressed I am. He sounds like he is a great man, and I bet he's so proud of you," he said before taking a deep breath.

"We'll find him Rose. I'm not on the investigation myself, but I make sure to check in to hear about their progress. I'll tell you anything I can, that's a promise"

Missing-nin
Missing-nin

PostSubject: Re: The New Generation: Earth-53   Sat May 12, 2012 10:19 pm

Rose nodded slowly. She certainly hoped that her father would be proud of her, too. After all, she'd always done everything she could to please him, always working her hardest to excel in both her studies and her training. For the most part, she liked to think that she did a good job at that. When Clint assured her that they would find Slade, she could only slowly glance up at him and take in a deep breath.

"Thank you..." she muttered, nodding again. It meant a lot that people were at least looking for him. She could only hope that her father would turn up... if he was even still alive. No, she can't think like that. He is alive. Breathing outwardly, she hangs her head and sighs again. There wasn't a whole lot that could cheer her up at the moment.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Nyrax123
Kage
Kage

PostSubject: Re: The New Generation: Earth-53   Sun May 13, 2012 3:24 am

"Anytime," Clint said before standing up and looking towards Neal, who was sitting across the room from where Rose and Clint had been sitting. "I'm going to do a little work in my room, but if you kids need a ride or some money just come knock on my door," he said before turning and walking down the hall. No one was allowed in Clint's room. He made that very clear from day one to Rose. He hadn't presented it in a rude way, but he also presented it as a rule of the house that couldn't be broken. Neal had told Rose that he said it was because Clint kept his gun in there, so they had stayed out and Neal had always made sure that Jordan never went in either.

As Clint left, Neal walked back over to where Rose was. He still felt like things between himself and Rose were awkward, and he wasn't really sure if he was helping or making things worse for her. All he could really do was try though, what other choice did he have after all? "So, do you need someone to help you study?" he asked curiously. "I don't know the stuff that you're looking in to, but maybe I could quiz you or something..............I don't know," he added as he realized how stupid the idea sounded. How could he quiz someone over information that he didn't know?

Missing-nin
Missing-nin

PostSubject: Re: The New Generation: Earth-53   Sun May 13, 2012 3:55 pm

"I think I'm just going to go beat up on the heavy bag a little more..." Rose said, giving Neal a small glance. As much as he wanted to help, she likely knew a lot more than he did on whatever it was she'd be studying. There wasn't a whole lot that he could quiz her on, since he didn't know most of it. Also, she really didn't feel like studying much at the moment. She needed some physical activity right now. She just hoped that she didn't snap the bag off the only branch left on the tree in the back. They were running out of places to hang it up.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Nyrax123
Kage
Kage

PostSubject: Re: The New Generation: Earth-53   Sun May 13, 2012 4:04 pm

The next day...

"You know I can't believe that we only live an hour away from here and yet we come up here so rarely to visit," Clint said as they stood on a street corner in the busy area of New York City. Clint had decided that what they needed to go was on a day trip out, see some of the sights of the city and just have a fun day. Rose could only punch that bag so many times before her hand fell off after all. He wasn't sure if this would work, but he had to give it a try.

"Now we have a ton of options for what to see today, there's the Natural History Museum, the Empire State Building, Broadway.....but those shows would probably be already sold out for today," Clint muttered to himself as he looked at the map that he was holding. "It looks like we are kinda close to the Natural History Museum, what do you kids say? Wanna head there first?" Clint asked curiously.

Jordan of course gave an eager nod. History always was her best subject anyway. It was only natural that she'd jump all over that opportunity.

"I'm fine with that," Neal said as he stood next to Rose. He was standing next to Rose as they kinda trailed behind the pack. "What do you think Rose? Is there somewhere else that you'd rather go?" he asked curiously as he looked over at here.

"There's this great pizza place nearby that we'll have to stop for lunch today. You kids haven't had it but they make some of the BEST pizza" Clint added. "We could stop there first if people are hungry"

Missing-nin
Missing-nin

PostSubject: Re: The New Generation: Earth-53   Sun May 13, 2012 4:08 pm

Rose looked around slowly, partially frowning. This city was big, loud, and busy. So many people, all in a hurry. She wasn't quite so sure she liked it very much. Breathing out a small sigh, she glanced over at Clint when he addressed her, then sort of shrugged her shoulders. "Sure, I guess. The museum is fine..." After all, she had never been into the city before, she didn't really know of any other place she would want to go. So, for now, she'd just follow their lead and hopefully not be bored too badly.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Nyrax123
Kage
Kage

PostSubject: Re: The New Generation: Earth-53   Sun May 13, 2012 4:12 pm

"Alright then, we'll stop there first and than grab some food on the way out," Clint said as Rose and Neal both voiced their approval for the time being. If the kids got too bored he'd have to convince Jordan that they should go somewhere else. He was certain that there was something that they could do that would be fun after all. At least he really hoped so in this case. He knew Jordan would like it, but he was mainly trying to please Rose right now.

"Alright it should be just a few blocks on our left and we'll be there," Clint said as he began to lead the kids down the busy streets.

Missing-nin
Missing-nin

PostSubject: Re: The New Generation: Earth-53   Mon May 14, 2012 12:39 am

Rose followed closely behind, glancing around aimlessly every now and then. Sure, the big buildings were impressive and all, but the whole atmosphere of the city just felt wrong to her. She didn't like it. At least they would only be here for the day, though. If she had to live in a place like this, she would probably go insane. Taking in a deep breath, she stuffed her hands into her pockets and then lowered her gaze down to the sidewalk, as they continued around the corner of the next street to the museum.

And that's when the explosion happened. No one was quite sure how it happened, only that a good portion of one of the smaller buildings to their right suddenly erupted into a fireball, shattering windows and sending chunks of concrete in all directions. Rose covered her ears at the sound of the boom, considering they were extremely close to the blast, only about fifty feet away. She could practically feel the heat from the towering flames. People around them started running in a panic, most of them screaming about it being a terrorist attack.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Nyrax123
Kage
Kage

PostSubject: Re: The New Generation: Earth-53   Mon May 14, 2012 2:55 am

Neal had thoughts that were similar to Rose. He enjoyed to see the sights of the city and the landmarks, but he could never handle living in a place like this. Everything just felt so cramped and just wrong. The buildings were so close together and there were people everywhere. Neal preferred the quiet, it allowed for his mind to think openly and have more meaningful thoughts. In the city all he could hear was noise, and why did everyone seem so upset all the time anyway? It was like everyone was walking around with a piece of coal shoved up their butt?

As the blast took place, Clint reacted as fast as he could, quickly moving in front of his children and Rose. It was part of the job, he knew when to act and when to act calmly. "You kids get back," Clint ordered as he looked towards whatever was taking place. People were yelling that it was terrorists, maybe they were right. Damn, he wished that he would have brought his gun! For all he knew there were people that needed to be dealt with. Clint started to back up, part of him wanted to see what was going on so he could phone in to the police station. At the same time he knew that he needed to get the kids to safety though.

PostSubject: Re: The New Generation: Earth-53   

Back to top Go down

The New Generation: Earth-53
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 4 of 40Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 22 ... 40  Next