The Next Generation

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 17 ... 31  Next
AuthorMessage
Nyrax123
Kage
Kage

PostSubject: Re: The Next Generation   Tue Mar 13, 2012 6:48 pm

Damn, just where was everybody? Neal continued to move around through several hallways and rooms, trying to find any sort of trace or clue as to where Roy was. He was an archer like Green Arrow, so he'd probably be hiding somewhere that he would have the advantage. He might be fit up close, but surely he didn't plan on fighting like that. He might have been driven mad somehow, but he wasn't stupid. He proved that when he had gone through all of the effort with the computer in his room. No man that had fully lost his marbles was capable of timing things that well.

And yet none of that mattered unless Neal could find where this guy was! He kept moving, hoping that they would find something soon. Neal found something eventually, but it wasn't at all what he had been hoping for. "My God," Neal said in a low voice as he entered into the next large room. He saw Rose, unconscious and wounded with a death trap right in front of her. Neal had a feeling that he knew how it was activated, detonator. Roy could probably kill her at any second if that was what he wanted.

Next to Rose was Starfire who was also trapped and locked up in a trap of some kind. Behind her was a crib, where Lori hopefully was. The situation didn't look good, as now Neal and Nightwing were the only ones here. Neal wanted to tell Nightwing where he was, but what if Roy activated the trap and killed Rose? It was a risk that Neal couldn't afford. He was going to have to defeat Roy before he acted on his wishes to kill them all.

"Roy! Roy! We don't need to do this," Neal said as he scanned his eyes upwards. Roy had to be here, there was no way that he'd leave them sitting here like this, not when he had gone to so much trouble to get them. "Come on, just let's talk about this" Neal said as he tried to keep his mind open. Neal had a feeling Roy didn't want to talk much, he probably would rather shoot an arrow right into Neal's neck.

Neal gained a grip on his sword, ready to react for whatever might come next. If he could just get a look at Roy, maybe he could cast an illusion and bring him down before anything got worse.

Missing-nin
Missing-nin

PostSubject: Re: The Next Generation   Tue Mar 13, 2012 7:10 pm

"There's nothing to talk about," came the response. His voice seemed to echo all around the room. "Things are way beyond talking, or haven't you been paying attention? Now you have a choice. I have some unsettled business to take care of with Dick, not you. So you can turn around and leave right now, and maybe I'll let your wife go alive wen this is all over. Or you can try to stop me, in which case I'll trigger the crossbow that's pointed at her pretty face."

Starfire began squirming against her bonds again, only to let out a muffled scream as another powerful shock ripped through her. She settled down shortly after, fried.

"I'm right here, Roy," Nightwing said, stepping out of the shadows. "You want to settle things with me, then let the others go. They're not a part of this."

"What, and lose my advantage?" Roy said with a smug tone. "Nah, I think I'll leave them there for now."

Nightwing clenched his jaw. "You killed Jessie. You attacked Raven, Tim.... you stole Lori. Why, Roy? Why the hell did you do it?"

A moment of silence passed, and then Roy suddenly jumped down from the rafters, landing in the dim moonlight just in front of their captured friends. He was dressed in costume, with a metal prosthetic arm in replace of the one he'd lost. "Because you don't know what it's like!" he shouted, pointing at Nightwing. "To have your entire world ripped away from you, to have everything you ever cared for taken away! And it's your fault!"

"What happened to Lian was tragic," Nightwing said, starting to pace slowly to the side. "We tried to be there for you, but you pushed us away. Not us, Roy, you!"

"No," Roy said, shaking his head. "No, no, no. I spent so long blaming myself for it, so long having others blame me for it. But then I realized, it wasn't my fault. I always did my best to be a good father to her, to keep her safe. I didn't want to join the Justice League, but you pushed me, Dick, you! And look what happened! Lian is dead because of that decision! She was my everything! And... and then she was gone. Everything I loved, gone. And soon, all of you will understand what that feels like."

Nightwing clenched his fist. "You're delusional. No matter what happened, none of that gives you the right to attack your friends, to kill them... to murder my bride!"

Roy's mouth twisted into a sneer. "Yeah, it hurts, doesn't it? That emptiness, that anger? That's what I've been feeling for the past eight years, eating away at me like a virus. Now, I'm just here to share that with all of you. Oh, and by the way... did you fall for my decoy? You did, didn't you? How's Jade doing? Did you hurt her? God I hope you hut her, she deserves it. Blaming me for our daughter's death, hah! She was the one who couldn't take care of her, couldn't raise her! No, that was on me! And then she dies, and I'm the one at fault? No! Not my fault!"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Nyrax123
Kage
Kage

PostSubject: Re: The Next Generation   Tue Mar 13, 2012 7:27 pm

Neal glanced around the room several more times as the voice seemed to echo from everywhere. He was here, and that was enough for Neal right now. He couldn't pinpoint the location, but at least he was now certain that he was in the right spot. As Roy finally spoke, Neal couldn't help but feel his heartbeat begin to increase. He was threatening to kill Rose, and that wasn't something that Neal was just going to walk away from. Did he really think that Neal would walk away and just hope that someone like Roy kept his word? Yeah right.

Shortly after this, Nightwing came out from the shadows. He had either been here for some time, or he had come when he heard Neal shouting at Roy. Neal wasn't sure which it was, but he didn't really need to know right now. As the two began to talk, it became clear that this really was just all about revenge. Roy blamed Dick for pushing him back into the Justice League, and believed that Dick should end up feeling just like Roy did. Roy wanted Dick's entire world to be ripped painfully away from him. He wanted Dick to suffer.

Neal was about to speak against Roy's logic, but something quickly cut him off. Decoy? As Roy continued to speak, Neal narrowed his eyes in anger. Jade had been Roy's wife, and he had purposefully made the murder look like she had performed it in order to get Neal and Rose to travel all the way to China. Roy was the reason that Jade had been framed and tortured, he was the reason that Neal had to use his powers on an innocent to just confirm that she wasn't involved.

Neal was pissed now. This guy tied up Rose and threatened to kill her with a trap, and he had even used his wife as a decoy because he believed that she deserved the pain? Neal wanted nothing more than to slit this guy's throat in order to make sure that he couldn't hurt anyone else. Right now though, Neal had a bigger priority. He needed to save Rose. Neal wasn't going to let her die because of one insane man's vendetta.

Neal clutched his fingers together before looking back at Roy. He said that he could trigger the crossbow, but Neal didn't see any sort of device on him. That worried Neal. If the arrow was rigged or tampered with, Neal might not be able to block it with just his soul-self. Plus, any movement towards Rose and Roy would likely kill her.

Neal just stood still despite his anger, the situation felt very much like a standoff. Neal didn't want to play this way, but it seemed like Roy was the one in charge of the rules right now. If Neal could only figure out where that device was, maybe he'd be able to come up with a plan.

Missing-nin
Missing-nin

PostSubject: Re: The Next Generation   Tue Mar 13, 2012 7:42 pm

"So then now what?" Nightwing said, glaring. "You kill them all with me watching? Murder your friends, and an innocent child, just so I feel pain? Is that it?"

"Something like that," Roy said, pacing back and forth with an arrow already nocked on his bow. "But not the child. No... she reminds me of Lian, you know. I think... I think I'll take her for myself. Raise her, do it right this time around."

Starfire screamed behind her gag, trying to break out of the bonds. Another shock ripped through her, but she kept struggling, despite how futile it was. Whatever was binding her, even her strength couldn't break it.

"I think first... I'll start with her," Roy said, giving Starfire a little kick. "You and her go way back, isn't that right? You loved her once, almost got married... I think I'll ake her from you next."

"Roy!" Nightwing yelled, as the archer pointed the arrow straight at Starfire's eye. He sprinted forward, but Roy was ready for it, turning his aim on a dime and shooting him through the corner of the knee, dropping him instantly.

"No, no, you stay there and watch like you're supposed to," Roy growled, walking over and giving Nightwing's injured knee a hard kick, causing him to shout out and collapse in pain. "Now, where was I?"

Roy slowly walked back over towards Starfire, reaching for another arrow. Suddenly, his attention was drawn elsewhere, however. A shuriken flittered out from the shadows and cut the bolt right off the crossbow that was pointed at Rose's race. Roy turned in surprise, going for the device, but a shadow came down and kicked him back, causing him to trip over Starfire and fall to his rear.

"Roy!" the woman shouted, looking every bit the assassin she once was, and armed to the teeth. "I didn't want to believe it was you, but this... You insult Lian's memory!"

Roy groaned, reaching for another arrow. "Jade... figured you'd show up sooner or later."

"You don't get to call me that anymore," she responded, glaring. "It's Cheshire, to you." She then glanced back at Neal. "What are you waiting for, get them to safety!"

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Nyrax123
Kage
Kage

PostSubject: Re: The Next Generation   Tue Mar 13, 2012 7:55 pm

Neal's eyes widened for a moment as Roy armed his next shot. He was going to kill someone, because he wanted to make Dick watch as another one of his friends died. Dick wouldn't be the only one losing a friend, all of these were people that Neal cared about as well. He wasn't going to let any of them get harmed if he could help it. He felt bad for what Roy had gone through, but Dick was correct when he said that none of it justified anything that Roy had done.

Nightwing made the first move, running towards Dick in an attempt to stop him from shooting right at Starfire's face. Neal was about to move as well, but the attack launched at Nightwing caused him to hesitate. Roy was good, and now Nightwing wasn't going to be that great in fighting, not with that injured knee. Neal needed to come up with something, but there wasn't enough time! Plus if he made a move Roy might change his mind and kill Rose instead!

Neal was torn to say the least.

Thankfully, someone else had decided to join in on the fight. Before Neal even realized what had happened, the bolt aiming at Rose had been cut, and Roy had been kicked down before he could attack Starfire. Neal turned to see who their savior was, causing his eyes to widen the moment that he saw her. It was Jade, or Cheshire as she looked now. How in the world did she know to find them here?

Before Neal could even utter a thank you, she barked at him to pull everyone off to safety. "Right!", Neal shouted before sprinting over to Rose. The more deadly part of the arrow had been cut, but Neal wasn't going to take any chances. He launched part of his soul-self forward, destroying the device instantly before it could go off. Once that was taken care of he quickly cut Rose's bindings before throwing her over his own shoulder. Neal wanted to save everyone at once, but there was no way he'd be able to do it. The one he had to save next was obvious though: Lori.

Neal moved over and reached down into the crib, picking up the little girl. "Don't worry lovely, Uncle Neal has you," Neal said before moving towards Starfire. "I'll be back for you, I need to get these two out of here first," Neal said before quickly beginning to move away. He used one arm to carry Lori and the other to hold on to Rose. As he moved away from the battle he passed Nightwing. "Dick, can you move?" Neal asked quickly. If he needed to come back and get Nightwing as well he would, but if Dick could get himself away from the fight that would be great.

Missing-nin
Missing-nin

PostSubject: Re: The Next Generation   Tue Mar 13, 2012 8:04 pm

"I'm fine," Nightwing muttered, breaking the arrow in half and pulling it out the safe way. His leg still hurt like a bitch, but he wasn't going to let that stop him. "Just get them to safety, quick!"

Turning back to the others, he watched as Roy and Cheshire engaged. Roy didn't have the advantage of distance anymore, and Cheshire was expertly trained in hand to hand, as well as all manner of weaponry. However, Roy surprised the both of them. Though he favored his bow and arrow, he'd also been trained to fight in close quarters, and he was no slouch.

"You've become a monster!" Cheshire shouted, delivering a back hand, followed by a thrust with her sword.

Roy dodged the sword, trapped her arm, and countered with a palm strike to her nose, snapping it. "I'm done listening to you! You were wrong, you were always wrong! It wasn't my fault Lian's dead, it's yours! Yours and everyone else's! You gave her up, remember? You're the one who couldn't care for her!"

The two continued in another rapid series of exchanges. Cheshire had the upper hand, but Roy played dirty. He puled out a stun gun, driving it against her ribs as she struck him in the throat. he started hacking and coughing for air while she went down in a twitching heap, screaming. Struggling to get air into his windpipe, he grabbed her as she fell and pulled out a curved dagger, holding it to her neck.

"Take another step and I'll cut her throat," Roy said, taking a few steps back.

"You're not getting away," Nightwing said, glaring. "You're going to pay for everything you've done!"

Roy held the blade closer, drawing blood from Cheshire's neck. "Then come and stop me!"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Nyrax123
Kage
Kage

PostSubject: Re: The Next Generation   Tue Mar 13, 2012 8:13 pm

"On it!" Neal said before turning and running out to the hallway that they had come from previously. Damn, where could he possibly hide these two and not have Roy harm them? With luck they'd be able to stop him in that room, but there was no guarantee that they could do that. Still, he needed to find a place to place these two. He needed to join in the fight now that Roy had lost his significant advantage.

Neal quickly went into a room. It wasn't the best place, but it was away from Roy and wasn't about to collapse or anything. Neal didn't want to just leave them there, but what choice did he have? Jade was fighting Roy on her own, since Nightwing had been injured in the shooting and everything. He put Rose in a corner, propping her up against the wall before placing Lori on Rose's legs. He reached down and snapped the tip of the arrow off of the arrow before removing the whole thing from Rose's leg. "You'll be safe here," Neal said before placing Lori in Rose's lap so she'd be better positioned. She was still young after all, they couldn't afford to have her move around and hurt herself. "I'll be back for both of you," Neal said before jumping up and running back to where Roy and the others were.

Neal moved back into the room just as Roy took out the blade and held it to Cheshire's neck. Neal stopped when Roy shouted that if they moved forward that he would cut her neck. Neal had caused that woman enough pain, he wasn't going to cause her death as well. If that blade wasn't so firm against her neck Neal would have cast an illusion to make Roy think he lost his hand or something, but that might just accidentally caused Roy to spasm and kill Cheshire.

"You need to stop this Roy, too many people have been hurt and killed already. You can end this, just put the knife down," Neal said in as calm a voice as he could muster. Neal kept trying to come up with any sort of illusion that might get Roy to react, but everything would just force him to panic and kill Jade. They needed to come up with something before Jade was killed.

Missing-nin
Missing-nin

PostSubject: Re: The Next Generation   Tue Mar 13, 2012 8:24 pm

As the three stared each other down, Starfire was slowly moving into a better position, despite the electricity coursing through her Tamaranean body. With Roy focused on the other two, he didn't notice her lining up her eyesight with his knife, at an angle that would send it away from Cheshire's neck. Without warning, a hot orange beam of energy fired from her eyes and blasted the knife out of his now burnt fingers. With a cry of pain, Roy reeled backwards, pushing Jade away from him.

"Fuck!" Roy shouted, holding his injured hand. He looked back up, then suddenly turned and ran. He wasn't taking anymore chances, he was getting out of here.

"Neal!" Nightwing shouted, limping forward to check on Jade. He'd never catch up with Roy, though, not with his injured leg. "Stop him!"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Nyrax123
Kage
Kage

PostSubject: Re: The Next Generation   Tue Mar 13, 2012 8:28 pm

Neal felt like he could hear everyone's breathing the room was so quiet. It was as if all time had just stopped for this single moment. No one knew what to do. Roy knew that if he killed Jade, he wouldn't be able to defeat the two heroes. At the same time, Neal and Nightwing didn't act because it would only take about half a second for him to cut her neck and let her bleed out.

Thankfully, someone else had a different plan altogether. In a move that no one had expected, Starfire shot a blast that knocked the knife clean out of Roy's hands. It only took Roy a second before pushing Jade and taking off to run.

"Don't worry, he's finished," Neal said before sprinting off after Roy. He wasn't sure where Roy was planning on going, but Neal had a feeling that the guy had an escape plan. Roy was also more beat up than Neal, and hopefully nowhere near as strong. If Neal could get in close, he would destroy Roy.

As Roy came in to view Neal fired off a soul-self blast at him. He kept running though, in case he missed.

Missing-nin
Missing-nin

PostSubject: Re: The Next Generation   Tue Mar 13, 2012 8:39 pm

Neal's attack managed to trip Roy up, ending him hurtling forward. He recovered, however, turning in mid fall and whipping out a couple of throwing knives with expert precision. If he couldn't get away, then he'd just have to kill his pursuers, it was as simple as that. When he hit the ground, his head smacked against the floor hard, causing a bright flash of light to appear in front of his eyes for several moments, with blinking spots replacing them. He groaned, pushing himself back up and drawing another dagger. He wasn't done yet.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Nyrax123
Kage
Kage

PostSubject: Re: The Next Generation   Tue Mar 13, 2012 8:42 pm

Neal watched as his attack managed to knock Roy off of his feet and make him fall forward. It wasn't a victory, but he definitely wasn't going to escape now. Roy decided to use this to his advantage though, quickly firing off several daggers with lethal precision. Neal quickly cast a wall of his soul-self in front of him, causing the knives to stop before they hit him thankfully. He than quickly moved forward, slowing his pace as Roy got back to his feet and drew a dagger. "Believe me, you have no idea who you're dealing with," Neal said as he narrowed his eyes and concentrated. He cast an illusion upon Roy, mirroring the same thing that he had done to Jade only a few days ago. Chains would quickly wrap around Roy's arms and legs before attaching themselves to weights and dropping down.

Neal didn't want to be tempted to fight this guy hand to hand. With the anger that Neal was feeling, he wasn't sure what he would do to Roy if given the chance.

Missing-nin
Missing-nin

PostSubject: Re: The Next Generation   Tue Mar 13, 2012 8:54 pm

Once the illusion hit, Roy fell like a lead brick, instantly bound and restrained by the imaginary chains and weights. Try as he might, he couldn't break free. He growled and struggled, but he wasn't going anywhere now. "Let me go!" he shouted, staring back up at Neal. "I'll kill her, you know! I'll kill them all! You'll all suffer like I have!"

"Shut up," Nightwing said, limping over to them. He grabbed Roy by the shirt and picked him up. "I should kill you for everything you've done. I should kill you slowly, make you suffer even more. I should put your head on a pike! But I won't... because that's not what Jessie would have wanted."

Roy growled, then spat in his former friend's face. "Fuck you, man."

Nightwing responded with a hard couple punches to Roy's face that not only incapacitated him, but bloodied him a good amount. He then threw Roy to the ground and sat down, hanging his head and holding it in his hands. It was all over now, but that didn't take away the pain of Jessie's loss, which he could now mourn properly.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Nyrax123
Kage
Kage

PostSubject: Re: The Next Generation   Tue Mar 13, 2012 9:02 pm

"Now why would I let you go and take away my advantage?" Neal said mockingly as he remember the phrase that Roy had used against Neal when he had tried to get him to come out of his hiding spot. At first Neal was smiling, but when Roy began to make his threats, Neal took on a much darker look. He didn't like having his wife threatened, or put in a death trap for that matter.

Neal was about to move forward, his hand almost drifting down to his sword. He could do it, he could kill Roy and who would blame him? After the murder and attempted murder of so many others would anyone blame Neal for making that choice? Before Neal could grab the handle of his weapon, a voice drew him out of his twisted thinking. Nightwing spoke to Roy himself, eventually knocking him out despite how much he wanted to kill him.

As a silence came over, Neal found himself just standing there. He didn't know what to say, nor what to do in this situation. He had never dealt with loss like Nightwing had. He had lost Sophia, and that had torn a hole in Neal's heart. But, he was certain that Nightwing's pain was far worse. Neal moved over and sat down next to Nightwing, hoping that he wasn't going to step too far.

"I'm proud of you man," Neal said slowly. "If I were you, I honestly think that I might have killed him. If he killed Rose I don't think I could have held myself back......I would have just wanted justice," Neal said in a low voice before taking a long deep breath as if he was thinking. "I lost someone really important too once, and it hurt like hell. It happened just before I joined the Titans, about a year or so before more accurately," Neal added. "I felt like I was in love, thought she was going to be the one, and than in one phone call she was gone," he whispered before placing a hand on Nightwing's shoulders.

"I know that it hurts, and I can only imagine how much more pain you're feeling than I am. But.......just don't forget who you are or how strong you are. She's watching over you and she still loves you. Just no matter what, never forget that okay?" Neal asked as he glanced over in Nightwing's direction.

Neal was worried that he had pushed himself into something that he shouldn't be a part of, but he couldn't just sit there while Nightwing was hurting. It was against his nature.

Missing-nin
Missing-nin

PostSubject: Re: The Next Generation   Wed Mar 14, 2012 12:49 am

"Yeah, well... killing him wouldn't bring Jessie back, now would it?" Nightwing muttered, letting out a heavy sigh. He remained on the ground for a few moments longer, then slowly began to get back to his feet. He stared down at Roy for a second, then started walking away. "I... need to be alone right now. Just... finish things up here."

Meanwhile, Jade was kneeling next to Starfire and holding a tiny laser cutter. "Hold still," she said, while clutching one hand to her neck to stop the bleeding. The cut on her neck was a bit deeper than he'd thought at first. Apparently, when Starfire shot it away, the blade ended up flown away at an odd angle. In a short few moments, she sliced through the metal bands holding the Tamaranean.

"Thank you," Starfire said, slowly sitting up and rubbing her arms. Her entire body was shaking, though, after being shocked so much by the powerful electricity. Even still, she managed to stumble up to her feet and head off. "Now, I must go find Loriand'r."

Jade watched the woman leave, then turned over to where Neal was, as well as the unconscious Roy. After taking a moment to tear a strip of cloth from her shirt and tie it tightly around her neck for the time being, she walked to them, standing over Roy and glaring down at him.

"He used to be a good man," she said, almost sadly. "But somewhere down the line, he... well, he's not the person I used to know."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Nyrax123
Kage
Kage

PostSubject: Re: The Next Generation   Wed Mar 14, 2012 10:19 am

"No, I suppose it wouldn't," Neal said as he too glanced over in Roy's direction. It was so sad, watching a hero turn in to something like this. Neal was starting to see why it was so easy for Dick to leave the Titans when he did. If you stayed in too long, things began to change you. Neal was already starting to feel himself being changed as well.

Neal just kept staring at Roy, right up until he heard someone approaching from behind. He glanced over to see Jade walking over, staring down at Roy with such a look of disappointment in her entire body. Clearly she was feeling the pain of what happened to Roy, considering that there had been something between them once. They had both lost a daughter together, Neal could only imagine how horrible that was.

As she spoke, Neal gave a small nod. "I'm sorry that things came to this. Maybe we'll still be able to get him some help, I don't know," Neal said before standing up and turning to face Jade directly. "Jade, I know it probably doesn't mean anything to you............but I'm sorry for what happened in China," Neal said as his eyes moved down toward the ground. "What I did was inexcusable, and even after that you still came and saved every single one of us and helped in the fight against Roy. For that I owe you a great deal," Neal said as he moved his head again to look at the woman.

"I have no right to ask, but can you forgive me for what I did to you?"

Missing-nin
Missing-nin

PostSubject: Re: The Next Generation   Wed Mar 14, 2012 1:56 pm

Jade was quiet for a moment, still looking down at Roy. She then walked slowly over to her fallen sword and sheathed it, letting out a long sigh. "You thought you were doing the right thing," she said, "even if it was wrong. And it was a horrible experience... almost more horrible than anything I've ever been through... except for one. But god knows I've done worse things in my life..." She began walking away from him now, seemingly disappearing into thin air as she stepped into the shadows. "You're forgiven."

When she was gone, the door opened. Rose limped in, barely able to hold herself up on her own wight, with her ruined left ankle and broken arm. "Is this shit over yet?" she muttered, hobbling towards her husband. "Kory's fine, she's with Lori now."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Nyrax123
Kage
Kage

PostSubject: Re: The Next Generation   Wed Mar 14, 2012 2:01 pm

Neal couldn't help but flinch as Jade mentioned that it was probably the second worst thing that she had ever been through. Neal almost wanted to ask what could possibly be worse, but he had an idea of what it was already. Even with Jade's disappearance and saying that Neal was forgiven, he couldn't help but still feel sick with himself. It was what he hated about his power; it caused so much pain and was capable of doing so much good, but was it worth it? Could Neal really continue justify using it when it caused an innocent woman so much pain? What if there were more in the future? Could Neal just listen to Jade's reasoning, could he forgive himself just because he thought he was doing the right thing?

This superhero stuff was supposed to be easy. Neal never thought that it would be this complicated.

Neal glanced over as Rose moved towards him, having entered in from the other room. "Yeah, it's all over," Neal said as he glanced down at the bloodied and unconscious Roy. "He won't be hurting anyone else. We're all safe"

Missing-nin
Missing-nin

PostSubject: Re: The Next Generation   Wed Mar 14, 2012 2:09 pm

"Good," she muttered, staring down at Roy. "Fucker broke my arm, and I probably won't be walking right for a few days." Thank goodness for an enhanced metabolism that increased healing. "Now let's get the hell out of here."

---

They were at the hospital now. Beast Boy and Wonder Girl had been there for hours already, clinging on to a tiny thread of hope that their loved ones would be alright. Raven was stable, at least; the arrow had missed her heart by less than a centimeter. If she'd been standing just a hair more to the left, she would have been dead before the paramedics even arrived on scene. Though she wouldn't be doing much for a while, she should pull through fine.

Tim, on the other hand, was in much worse condition. After being thrown from the R-cycle by the truck, he'd suffered broken bones, contusions, a collapsed lung, and massive internal bleeding. He was still in the operating room, undergoing emergency surgery to give him the best opportunity to pull through. However, things were uncertain, at best.

"I told you, I'm fine, "Rose growled, giving the doctor a glare.

"But, Miss," the doctor insisted. "If you just let us take a look-"

"I don't need to be looked at, just give me a sling and I'm good!" she shot back. The doctor was off and running instantly, looking for a sling.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Nyrax123
Kage
Kage

PostSubject: Re: The Next Generation   Wed Mar 14, 2012 2:18 pm

"He isn't going to be doing much for the rest of his life. Hopefully we'll try to get him some help, but I have little hopes of him changing from what he's become," Neal remarked before looking at Rose and giving a shrug. "But who knows, we've seen stranger things after all," Neal pointed out with a very weak smile.

---

Neal had sat himself down in a hospital chair, waiting for any sort of news to come through. They had heard about Raven and how she would be fine and pull through, it was Tim that had everyone concerned. Even for a trained human of the highest caliber, there wasn't much you could do to stop a truck from smashing in to you. They would wait here until receiving any further news about his condition. If Neal was the one in there, he was certain that everyone would wait for him as well.

It was what family did.

Neal glanced over as Rose intimidated yet another doctor away from her. "Ya know, we really need to work on your people skills sometime," Neal said with a joking smile. Rose had the right to be as angry as she wanted, and Neal was just happy knowing that she wasn't the one that was dead or had nearly been killed.

Missing-nin
Missing-nin

PostSubject: Re: The Next Generation   Wed Mar 14, 2012 2:33 pm

"I'm perfectly likable," Rose responded flatly, tapping her uninjured foot against the floor. "Some people just can't handle all the nice." It was a joke, even if she didn't even put any effort forth to make it sound like a joke.

A few moments later, the doctor returned with a sling, trying to help her get it on. Rose just barked at the guy to get lost and put it on herself. She really didn't like hospitals or doctors. It was all just so depressing. After she was done putting the sling on, Beast Boy approached them and sat down in one of the nearby seats.

"Thanks for coming," he said, hanging his head and holding it in his hands. "They say she'll be fine, but... it's just this whole thing you know? It all came down to luck, that's why I didn't lose Raven. Luck. One more centimeter and... and... I couldn't even do anything to help her."

"We've all been there before," Rose commented, leaning back in her seat and folding one leg on top of the other. "It sucks, yeah, but she's gonna be fine. No need to mope."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Nyrax123
Kage
Kage

PostSubject: Re: The Next Generation   Wed Mar 14, 2012 2:38 pm

The joke wasn't that good, but since Rose was the one saying it the humor was multiplied greatly. Neal just let out a good and strong laugh, something that he really needed in a time like this. "I'll keep that in mind the next time you end up punching me in the face," he said teasingly back to her.

Neal just leaned back in his chair as the doctor returned with the sling for Rose. Neal figured that the doctor would have learned by now that Rose was perfectly capable of handling herself in a situation like this. She didn't want help, she could do anything on her own.

Neal glanced over as Beast Boy came and sat down, speaking about how worried he was about Raven despite the fact that she was going to pull through. "That's the bad part about the world I guess," Neal remarked as he looked up at the ceiling. "You don't have to deserve it for something bad to happen to you. The world's chaotic like that," Neal admitted as he placed a hand on his friend's shoulder.

"Raven's strong though, there's no way that one arrow would ever take her down," Neal admitted before drawing his hand back. "She'll be fine"

Missing-nin
Missing-nin

PostSubject: Re: The Next Generation   Wed Mar 14, 2012 2:53 pm

"Yeah, I guess," Beast Boy said with a long sigh. "I just... I was scared, you know? I didn't... I didn't know if she was going to be alright, when she was shot. I thought..." He groaned and shook his head. "What if she had? I haven't even told her I love her yet... I mean, I think she knows. She has to know. The feelings are there with both of us, but... but I haven't actually said it... maybe I just take her ability to read me for granted."

"So stop taking it for granted," Rose said, with a shrug. "When she wakes up, go in there and tell her you love her. You've been going out long enough now, longer than us even. For fuck's sake, put a ring on her finger already."

Beast Boy froze up, slowly looking over at her. "I, uh... I mean, it's been a while, but... marriage is... well I mean, I don't know if... I... I don't know if I'd make a good husband."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Nyrax123
Kage
Kage

PostSubject: Re: The Next Generation   Wed Mar 14, 2012 2:59 pm

Neal heard Beast Boy's words and gained a small smile on his face. Neal could perfectly relate to how Beast Boy was feeling. It was how he felt when they crashed onto that planet so many months ago after all. They had all nearly died, and Neal had watched as Starfire lost Sarah. He knew then that he never wanted Rose to be out of his life, that he would do anything to keep her there and make sure that she was happy. He loved her, and he wanted her to know that forever. So a few months later and after having Sarah's funeral, he had proposed.

"Beast Boy, I don't think that any guy really thinks that he's the perfect husband. The one thing that you need though, is to make sure that you make one another happy," Neal said as he rested his hand on Rose's leg and smiled at Beast Boy. "If you two truly love one another, that's all you really need. Besides, you're a good, honest, and strong hero. Besides, you make Raven happy. And you know how hard that is to do,"

Missing-nin
Missing-nin

PostSubject: Re: The Next Generation   Wed Mar 14, 2012 3:05 pm

Rose smirked. "Yeah, you think this guy is perfect?" she asked, pointing her thumb in Neal's direction. "Oh, the things I could tell you."

Beast Boy blinked at her. "Oh yeah? ...what kinds of things?"

"Later," she said, whistling innocently. "But trust me, marriage isn't so tough. Neal's right, all you need is love."

"You stole that line from the Beatles," he said, folding his arms over his chest and raising an eyebrow.

"Er..." Rose replies, glancing back a Neal. "Respect the classics?"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Nyrax123
Kage
Kage

PostSubject: Re: The Next Generation   Wed Mar 14, 2012 3:09 pm

"Believe me I'm far from it," Neal said honestly. He thought of himself as a pretty good guy, but he knew that he had faults and weaknesses. He struggled with issues that were different than others, no one else knew about what went on in Neal's mind when he tortured people, it was something that really only Rose knew. Neal had no idea if she thought it was silly or if she legitimately was concerned for him, but she was there for him and that was all that Neal needed.

"Just because they're a band doesn't mean that there isn't some truth behind their words," Neal pointed out with a bit of a laugh. "At the end of the day you just have to ask yourself how much you'd be willing to go for in order to help Raven. If something comes up, would the two of you stand together and face it no matter what?" he asked as he looked at Beast Boy. "Would you do anything to make sure that she's happy? If you can answer yes to all those questions, than I say ask her Beast Boy"

PostSubject: Re: The Next Generation   

Back to top Go down

The Next Generation
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 4 of 31Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 17 ... 31  Next