Naruto: Ultimate Legends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

The Next Generation

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 20 ... 36, 37, 38, 39, 40  Next
AuthorMessage
Nyrax123
Kage
Kage
Nyrax123

The Next Generation - Page 37 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Next Generation   The Next Generation - Page 37 EmptySun Feb 12, 2012 12:42 am

Neal suddenly stopped as he heard several people coming around him. Who the hell were these people? Neal just looked at them strangely, trying to figure out anything about them before one of them fired a laser at his feet, causing Neal to leap back. The hell was that!? Neal had no idea who on earth he was dealing with, but something was very clearly wrong. He began to use his illusion powers, making an image of himself standing in place and holding his arms in the air in surrender, the real Neal meanwhile began to step back and away from the men on bikes.

Neal made the illusion of himself speak. "Please I'm sorry, I don't know what's going on. Who are you?"
Back to top Go down
Kenji
Kage
Kage
Kenji

PostSubject: Re: The Next Generation   The Next Generation - Page 37 EmptySun Feb 12, 2012 12:51 am

"Ignorance is not an excuse," one of the men said, hovering lower to the ground on his bike. "Nor will playing dumb. As if you don't recognize the city's police force when you see it. Now, I won't say it again, surrender peacefully."

One of the other officers stared intently at Neal, or at least what they thought was Neal. That's when the censors on his thermal optical device began to go off. Frowning, he pushed a button on the side of the device, causing the eye piece to scan the area in front of him. What he saw made him raise his rifle again. "It's an illusion. He's one of them! Take him out, now!"

Before he could get a shot off, however, an incoming projectile knocked it clean out of his hands. The gun clattered to the ground, sliding towards where Neal was standing, and sticking out of the weapon was a familiar object: a batarang.

"Over here!" a voice called from the alley adjacent to Neal's location. A distinct, pointy eared figure lurked in the darkness. Neal would have to hurry, though, as the other officers were already raising their weapons.
Back to top Go down
Nyrax123
Kage
Kage
Nyrax123

PostSubject: Re: The Next Generation   The Next Generation - Page 37 EmptySun Feb 12, 2012 12:54 am

Neal just continued to back up despite how much the officers were talking. The city police force? Absurd, they would never hold anything like that. Hell, Neal got in trouble for killing a guy there was no way that they were going to give the police lasers! And just as Neal thought that he was going to get away, the police called out that it was an illusion. "Shit" Neal muttered as he assumed they knew where he was.

Thankfully, something knocked the guy out of the way before Neal could get shot. He recognized what it was instantly. "A batarang?" he asked himself before hearing someone calling over to him. Without even waiting to see who it was fully Neal took off. There was no way that this person could be worse than the cops with lasers! Neal ran in a sprint, wanting to get to some safety as fast as he could.

"Batman?" Neal asked as he approached the nearby alleyway.
Back to top Go down
Kenji
Kage
Kage
Kenji

PostSubject: Re: The Next Generation   The Next Generation - Page 37 EmptySun Feb 12, 2012 1:06 am

"This way, hurry!" the voice said, as the figure moved farther down the alley, expecting Neal to follow. And hurry they would have to, as the police on hover bikes were closing in fast and already firing. Fortunately, they didn't seem to be that accurate while on the move.

Turning the corner down the alley, the man led Neal around a pile of garbage, over a chain link fence, down a set of steps, and finally through a secure, heavy metal door. Because the back alleys were so cramped and narrow, the officers had a difficult time following at a decent pace. By the time they got inside the door, they were out of sight and safe... for the moment. When hey were inside, the figure pulled Neal back away from the windows and held a finger over his mouth as an order to be quiet. They remained this way for several minutes, before he finally walked over to the window cautiously and looked out.

"They're gone, for now," he said, taking a step back and turning to Neal fully, now revealing himself in the dim light. It was, indeed, Batman... though something seemed off about him. He wasn't quite as buff, more agile than Neal had known him, and the voice was wrong. "But they'll be patrolling this area for at least another hour looking for us. We'll have to lay low until safe to move elsewhere."
Back to top Go down
Nyrax123
Kage
Kage
Nyrax123

PostSubject: Re: The Next Generation   The Next Generation - Page 37 EmptySun Feb 12, 2012 1:12 am

Neal opened his mouth to ask the man something, but he didn't even get the chance before he could hear those bikes behind him. Neal didn't even turn to confirm, he just took off running and began to follow the person in front of him. It looked like Batman, but something seemed off. Neal didn't have enough time to think about this before he began to move as fast as he could.

Neal moved with the figure, going as fast as he could through all the obstacles that the other person moved through. He was going over fences and through tight areas in order to try to mess up the cops. It was only once they were inside that they remained still and quiet, apparently losing the guard that were pursuing them. Well that was a relief.

"Thanks for that, I didn't know that they'd see through....." but Neal cut himself off short as the figure turned to him and revealed himself fully. The guy looked like Batman, and yet everything about him was completely off. Neal had met Batman in person just a few months ago, and this was not what he looked like. Not even the voice was right.

"Uh, sorry but who exactly are you?" Neal finally asked as he couldn't hold it in any longer. Strange things were going on, and he needed to start getting some answers.
Back to top Go down
Kenji
Kage
Kage
Kenji

PostSubject: Re: The Next Generation   The Next Generation - Page 37 EmptySun Feb 12, 2012 1:18 am

Batman stared back at Neal intently. "What do you mean, who am I? You already said it earlier, I'm-" He suddenly cut off in mid sentence, blinking and coming closer. He suddenly looked quite surprised, as though he'd gone and seen a ghost. "Wait... I know your face... but, no, that can't be. Neal?" His voice took on a softer tone, not quite as deep and menacing as he'd been making it while in the persona. Rather, he was using his normal voice now, and it was one that Neal would recognize quite distinctly.

Reaching up, Batman grabbed his cowl and pulled it off, exposing his shocked face. It wasn't Bruce Wayne behind the mask, but rather someone else: Dick Grayson. "Neal... how...? You were killed, I saw... we all saw... what's going on?"
Back to top Go down
Nyrax123
Kage
Kage
Nyrax123

PostSubject: Re: The Next Generation   The Next Generation - Page 37 EmptySun Feb 12, 2012 1:22 am

Neal was about to open his mouth and point out that this guy wasn't the Batman that Neal knew, but that was interrupted when an entirely new revelation came up. As the man spoke Neal just raised an eyebrow. It wasn't until his voice had changed that Neal's eyes suddenly opened wide. Neal would recognize that voice anywhere, but was it really him? It was only once Batman took off the cowl that Neal realized that it was Nightwing......or at least the man behind Nightwing.

Neal once again was about to speak before Dick cut him off. His words stopped Neal entirely, as Neal just stared at him. "You saw me get killed? What are you talking about Dick I'm right here. And why are you dressed like Batman......what the hell is going on?"
Back to top Go down
Kenji
Kage
Kage
Kenji

PostSubject: Re: The Next Generation   The Next Generation - Page 37 EmptySun Feb 12, 2012 1:33 am

"You died five years ago," Dick said, flatly. His eyes narrowed, then slowly dropped to the floor. "When... they came. We lost a lot of good people that day. You were one of them... or at least, I thought you were." Pulling his cowl back up, Dick held a hand to his head and paced back and forth. "But you haven't aged a day. Where have you been? How did you survive? What did you-" He stopped mid sentence again, shaking his head. "You don't remember any of it?"

Considering that Neal obviously remembered nothing, since he'd never actually experienced any of it, Dick pulled up a nearby chair and sat down to explain. "It was sudden. No warning. Not even the watchtower saw it coming until it was too late. The ships came in numbers we couldn't even count. There were so many... too many. Before we could initiate a counter defense, an EMP charge knocked out the watchtower's systems. From there, it was easily overtaken. The Justice League put up as best a fight as they could... but most of them fell in the first couple hours."

Dick let out a long sigh. "Batman was one of them. I took up the cowl a year later, to honor him... I never did get a chance to really patch things up with him. Things between us had always been strained, but... I still respected him more than anyone. Anyway... Once the Justice League was out of the equation, the invaders moved on to the rest of the planet. Earth's heroes did everything they could but there were just too many. A lot of them died within the first couple days of fighting. Those that survived kept fighting for a while, but eventually it became clear that it was a futile effort. Even the combined world's forces cold do nothing to stop them. Within a month, they were in control. After that... well, what you've seen is everything that's left. People live in fear and squalor, ruled by oppressors that revel in their misery. There are handful of us heroes left. We fight and resist where we can, but it's not nearly enough."
Back to top Go down
Nyrax123
Kage
Kage
Nyrax123

PostSubject: Re: The Next Generation   The Next Generation - Page 37 EmptySun Feb 12, 2012 1:38 am

Neal just stood there in confusion as Dick went on to reveal the story of what had taken place. He listened in silence and didn't say a word. Five years? How had five years passed!? How was this possible? How had they believed him to be dead? He had gone to the magic shop and passed out, how could any of this make any sense.

Neal let Dick continue speaking until he finished, listening about how so many of the heroes had fallen to whoever this enemy was. How could they face an enemy that was strong enough to wipe out most of the Justice League? Doomsday was bad enough, but how was this new enemy? "I.....I don't understand. I don't remember any fighting at all. I went into the city to get some groceries. I walked into a magic shop and passed out......and I woke up here" he said despite how strange he knew that it would sound to Grayson. "Dick.....who is this enemy?"

It was than that a sudden fear gripped Neal. He looked up to Dick, a clear worried look in his eyes. "The team.......who else survived?" he asked as his hand was already starting to tremble. Dick couldn't be the only survival, some of the others must have made it to!
Back to top Go down
Kenji
Kage
Kage
Kenji

PostSubject: Re: The Next Generation   The Next Generation - Page 37 EmptySun Feb 12, 2012 1:49 am

"I don't even know for sure," Dick responded, shaking his head. "None of us do. I've never seen them before... most of them look human, but they're not. And whoever's pulling the strings, whoever's in charge, he isn't showing himself. Probably because he's never had to. Or maybe there isn't one person leading them, maybe there's a group, we just don't know. We didn't have time to learn much about them before they took us out."

When Neal asked him about the others, Dick was silent for a moment, then slowly bowed his head. "Beast Boy and Cyborg were one of the first few to fall... right along with you, as I remember. You tried to save them, but you... you weren't fast enough. And the explosion was bigger than any of thought it would be... it got all three of you." He sighed, shaking his head as he recalled the events. "Starfire went down on the third day, during the Battle of Boston. Sarah... she went on a rampage the likes I haven't seen since we fought Doomsday. Took down every last one of them herself. We won that battle... one of our few victories. She's still around now, helps lead what little resistance there is. She's never been the same since, though."

Dick knew what Neal was really waiting for, though. "Raven survived, too. But... no one's seen her in a long time. After everything, and everyone that we lost... after she lost you... she didn't have the will to fight anymore. Last I heard from her, she was going to her home plane of Azarath... Azarath is nothing more than a desolate wasteland now, though. I don't know what she meant to find there. Perhaps just isolation... I don't know."
Back to top Go down
Nyrax123
Kage
Kage
Nyrax123

PostSubject: Re: The Next Generation   The Next Generation - Page 37 EmptySun Feb 12, 2012 1:56 am

Neal listened as Dick described their enemy. So they came from nowhere and no one had any idea who was leading them? Fantastic start, they didn't even know who they were fighting against. Their enemy was so powerful that they didn't even need to reveal themselves. It wasn't a good sign in any way, and it was only going to spell more trouble. Neal didn't even know what to do. According to Dick, he was supposed to be dead.

As Neal listened to how Beast Boy, Cyborg, Starfire, and apparently Neal himself fell, he couldn't help but wonder what on earth had happened to him. He kept listening, giving the smallest of nods as Dick mentioned that Sarah was also alive. It was when Neal heard about Raven that he looked up slowly. "She opened up her heart and allowed herself to get hurt again......just as she predicted," he muttered under his breath as he shook his head and put his face in his hands for a few moments.

"Dick, none of this makes any sense. I don't remember any invaders. I don't remember every trying to save Beast Boy and Cyborg, and I sure as hell don't remember dying because of it," Neal said as he looked to his old ally. "I don't know what's going on....but I'll help out in whatever way I can" he said weakly. He knew how foolish the statement sounded, what good could he do? He'd been missing for the past five years while everyone else had probably gotten stronger.

If the Justice League had failed, what hope did Neal have to help?
Back to top Go down
Kenji
Kage
Kage
Kenji

PostSubject: Re: The Next Generation   The Next Generation - Page 37 EmptySun Feb 12, 2012 3:33 pm

Dick nodded slowly. "We'll appreciate all the help we can get at this point," he said, breathing outwardly. Though really, one more person wouldn't make a huge difference. They were already struggling and barely surviving. "I don't know how you came back, Neal, and I don't really care. But it's good to have you back either way." Moving back to Neal, he extended his hand for a firm handshake. "Now, come on, let's see if those goons have left the area left so we can get back to our base."

After a quick sweep of the surrounding area from the windows, Dick had determined that it was indeed safe for them to venture outside. However, they still needed to stick to the alleys and the shadows, or else they'd end up being seen by someone else, most likely. It didn't take long to reach their headquarters though, which they accessed through the subways, which were as old and abandoned as everything else. They went through a lot of side tunnels, until reaching a heavy door with a small, covered window on it. Dick knocked three times and waited for the window to slide open.

"Password," the voice on the other side said.

"Applesauce," Dick replied. Turning to Neal, he added, "Don't ever leave here without knowing the daily password, else you won't be getting back in."

When the door opened, Dick and Neal went inside. The person on the other side of the door was a woman dressed in a black and purple outfit, with a large pointed eye mask. "Batman, welcome back. Who's this?"

"Huntress, this is Neal," Dick explained. "Also called Fade. He's one of us."

"I see..." Huntress said, looking Neal up and down. "Welcome. The others are waiting inside, trying to come up with a plan. I'll join you shortly."

Dick nodded, then proceeded down the dimly lit corridor. "Oh, before we join the others, Neal... you have to keep something in mind. Given how things are, and what times are like right now, we can't exactly be picky who we work with... we're all fighting for the same goal in the end. So just... don't do anything rash."
Back to top Go down
Nyrax123
Kage
Kage
Nyrax123

PostSubject: Re: The Next Generation   The Next Generation - Page 37 EmptySun Feb 12, 2012 3:41 pm

Neal gave a nod as Dick mentioned that Neal's help would be appreciated. He had no idea how they were going to stop someone that had already taken over the earth, but perhaps he'd at least be able to help in some small way. Neal took Dick's hand and gave it a firm handshake, giving a weak smile as he did so. Neal had no idea how he had gotten here, but he had to at least help while he was here. Neal wasn't sure what to think, had he really died? Did he somehow travel through time? Did he somehow get brought back to life and sent here?

Neal didn't know, but he'd have to make the most of his time while he was here. There was no way that he could just take a seat back while some of his friends were still fighting. He still couldn't believe that Beast Boy, Cyborg, and Starfire were all dead. Raven was gone too, and Neal had no idea if there was any way of getting her to come back. The emotional loss might have been too much for her. Neal couldn't help but feel worried as they moved through the shadows to where the new base was.

As they arrived Neal gave a simple nod to show that he would make sure to grab the password each day before leaving. He could see the importance of a daily password, in case someone got captured after all. As Neal was greeted by a new face, he glanced over at Dick, or Batman in this case. That was going to take some getting used to. Neal kept thinking of him as Nightwing.

"Thanks, I'll help in whatever way I can," Neal said to Huntress before moving forward with Dick to go into their base. It was as Dick spoke that Neal raised an eyebrow. Who they were working with? What was he talking about. "Dick........who exactly are you referring to?" he finally asked as they kept moving forward.
Back to top Go down
Kenji
Kage
Kage
Kenji

PostSubject: Re: The Next Generation   The Next Generation - Page 37 EmptySun Feb 12, 2012 4:09 pm

"You'll see..." Dick said, with a small breath. "Just know that I don't like it anymore than you will. Unfortunately, like I already said, we need all the help we can get. We take it where we can get it."

And on that note, Dick led them into the main chamber, where a large group of costumed people were congregating, most sitting at tables and pouring over maps and schematics, others playing cards, and others still training in the back area, where a small gym had been set up. Upon their entrance, however, every single pair of eyes lifted up to look at them. A deathly silence seemed to settle in over the entire group, until someone abruptly broke the silence.

"Neal?" Sarah uttered, stepping forward. He would notice that she'd been through a lot... the battle scars spoke volumes. A particularly nasty scar ran up the side of her neck, along the left side of her face, and ended just above her eye. Her left arm, too, was gone. Well, her previous arm. She'd since been outfitted with an advanced robotic replacement, though he'd clearly be able to see that it was made of metal. "I don't believe... you're alive?"

Able to utter no more words, she reached out and hugged him, trying to hold back her tears. While she embraced him, another familiar face came forward. "Well look what the alien overlords dragged in," Power Girl stated, with a small smirk and her hands on her hips. "I don't believe it."

Once Sarah pulled away from Neal, he might take a moment to glance around the room and notice everyone else present. On one side of the room, were more familiar heroes. In addition to Batman, Sarah and Power Girl, there was Martian Manhunter, Black Canary, Green Arrow, and Huntress had now joined them again, all of whom gave a brief greeting. However... on the other half of the room were less familiar faces. Or at least, less welcomed faces.

"Mr. J, Mr. J!" piped up the harlequin dressed woman. "Look at the new toy!"

"Now, now, Harley," said the freakish looking, clown-like figure in the purple suit. "Do try to have some patience."

A bald man in a large green battle suit looked up from the schematics he was examining. "I do hope this one makes himself more useful than half you other incompetent fools. Let's keep the introductions brief. Lex Luthor, I'm sure you've heard of me."

To the right of him stood three more recognizable members to Neal. Ra's al Ghul, Talia al Ghul, and Lady Shiva.

"Neal..." Shiva uttered in a mere whisper, taking a step forward in amazement. "You are... it is good to see you."

"My, my," Talia said, raising an eyebrow. "It would seem all that training we gave you was not in vain, having survived on your own for so long."

Ra's walked forward with his hands clasped behind his back. "More proof that humanity has what it takes to succeed against these alien devils."

And as if these surprises weren't enough, another figure walked into the light, from the back of the room. Though his mask was off, his face would be quite familiar to Neal, except for the newly added and rather grotesque looking scar slashing over what was once his right eye. "Neal," he spoke, folding his arms over his chest. "It's been quite a while."

It was Deathstroke.

Back to top Go down
Nyrax123
Kage
Kage
Nyrax123

PostSubject: Re: The Next Generation   The Next Generation - Page 37 EmptySun Feb 12, 2012 7:39 pm

The more that Neal spoke, the more nervous Neal was becoming. Who were they forced to work with that made Dick seem so nervous about it? Surely it couldn't be anyone that bad, right? Of course despite that thought, Neal had a feeling about who might be through the next set of doors.

As Neal entered the room, he could feel the stares from everyone coming and looking right towards him. He was sure that it wasn't everyday that this kind of thing happened. After all, how often did a hero from five years ago suddenly show back up and not appear to age a day? Thankfully the first two people to approach him were several friendly faces. Sarah and Power girl, two of his closest friends. As Neal returned Sarah's hug, he felt bad that he wasn't showing quite the same level of emotion as the others. After all, in his mind he had only left for two hours.....but to them he had been dead for five years.

Neal continued his greetings, saying how it was good to be back. He wasn't sure what else to say, he'd have to explain at some later point to everyone about what he remembered. They needed to try to find something out, because there was no way that Neal just happened to lose his memory. Dick even said it himself, Neal didn't appear to have even aged a day. Was it that woman?

Before Neal could continue his thoughts, he turned to see that there were several others among the room, several of them he wasn't very happy to see.

Joker? Harley Quinn? Lex Luthor? Were these really the ones that had survived over the likes of several of the Justice League? Ra's had survived too, not a surprise considering how secretive he was and how he was considered an immortal. On that side there were only two people that he was happy to see were okay. "Talia, Shiva. It's good to see that my old teachers continued to survive," he said honestly without even bothering to address the others.

It was only as the last person stepped out that Neal felt his arm tense up. Just seeing that bastard's face made Neal want to send his mind into a private hell. Neal was certain that he could afford to get QUITE creative if it came to torturing Deathstroke. Still, Neal tried to hold his patience as Dick said that they were all working together. "Deathstroke...........yeah, been a while" he said in a low voice as he didn't say anything else. After all, if he continued to speak he probably would not be on his best behavior.
Back to top Go down
Kenji
Kage
Kage
Kenji

PostSubject: Re: The Next Generation   The Next Generation - Page 37 EmptySun Feb 12, 2012 8:37 pm

"Like I said..." Dick mentioned, taking a seat near the back with the other heroes. "Don't do anything rash. Things have changed... a hostile takeover of the planet tends to do that."

"If it makes you feel any better," Deathstroke said, staring back at him unblinking, "if we do somehow manage to free ourselves from their control, we can go back to hating each other like before. But until then, we work together. We all do. Everyone here has a reason to fight back. Most of those reasons are obvious, though others are more... unique."

His gaze shifted slowly over to the Joker, who let out a disappointed sigh. "The world just isn't fun anymore with those goons in charge. Before, it was just me and Bats--the real Bats, mind you, not the impostor you see to your right--constantly struggling in Gotham for the sheer thrill of the chase! But now... now I'm afraid things just aren't the same. It's so hard to put a smile on people's faces when they're cowering inside their homes all day long. Not to mention when you have those circus looking clowns chasing you on flying bikes everywhere you go. They may be short tempered and have a surly attitude, but they are no Batman! And the way they dress, oh don't even get me started. People say I dress funny? Ha! They're one big top away from a three ring circus!"

"Hahaha, good one, Mr. J," Harley said, clapping her hands together and smiling.

"Anyway..." Deathstroke muttered, turning his attention away from the clown. "Make yourself at home. We have a lot of work to do."

Sarah watched as Deathstroke returned to the table where Lex was working. They were going over what looked like blueprints of some sort. "Try not to mind them, they... well, you know."
Back to top Go down
Nyrax123
Kage
Kage
Nyrax123

PostSubject: Re: The Next Generation   The Next Generation - Page 37 EmptySun Feb 12, 2012 8:45 pm

"Sorry," Neal said as he looked over to Batman. "Just last time I remembered there wasn't anything in the entire world that would get this group together without trying to kill each other. I guess things really have changed," Neal muttered as he looked back to Deathstroke.

As Deathstroke and the Joker spoke, Neal just listened silently. Deathstroke was a fool if he thought that Neal would like him while they were working together. They were together out of force, not because they wanted to be. Neal wasn't going to get Deathstroke killed or even start a fight, but he certainly wasn't going to start speaking to him like he was some sort of a friend. Everyone else might agree to be with this, but it was too much for Neal to take in right now.

Neal turned his gaze towards Sarah who spoke about trying not to mind the others. "I'll do what I can, if we have to work together than so be it," he said with a nod towards Sarah before turning to face her fully. His eyes glanced at her arm once more before returning to look her in the face. "So.........what's the current plan?" he asked curiously. He hadn't received any update on what they were trying to do to fight this new enemy.
Back to top Go down
Kenji
Kage
Kage
Kenji

PostSubject: Re: The Next Generation   The Next Generation - Page 37 EmptySun Feb 12, 2012 9:12 pm

"The plan... right, we'll let you know when we do," Sarah said, with an uneasy laugh. They'd been trying to come up with a plan for over five years now, after all, one that involved more than just guerrilla tactics around the city.

Power Girl gave him a reassuring pat on the shoulder. "Don't worry, we're working on something big. Something that could tip the balance... maybe. But really, they're the ones working on it." She glanced back to the table where Deathstroke, Lex, and Ra's were working. "Between them, they could probably come with a strategy for anything. As much as I hate to admit it..."

"As near as I can tell," Sarah said, holding a hand to her hip, "they're trying to determine where the enemy's leader or leaders are. When we determine that, that will be our target. Hopefully, in taking out the party leader, we can gain an edge. Since said leader is most likely in one of the many alien superstructures that they brought with them, they've been obsessing over the structures' blueprints. I think they got them from some three dimensional scanning system, or... something. I don't know, one of Luthor's toys."

"In the meantime, we do what we can to take back the city," Power Girl added. "One step at a time, right? It's a slow process, for sure... ambushes, sabotage, raids on their weapon facilities, things like that. Little by little, though, we're making progress."

"But it isn't near enough," Dick said, looking over to them. "At this rate, we might have the city back in another two years. That's why we want to find the source, their leader. Cut the head off the snake."

Deathstroke slowly glanced back at them. "Yet even a snake's severed head can still bite. Even if their leader was removed from power, there is no guarantee it would demoralize them. For all we know, they's slap someone else in charge immediately and keep going. We're going to need something else, something bigger."

"I've been working on something like that," Lex said, opening p another schematic. "During these past few years, I've been examining the enemy's weapons that we've managed to recover from various missions. The technology is far more advanced than our own, capable of killing even our most super powered allies." His gaze moved over to Power Girl for a moment, then back to the schematic. "But they do have one weakness. They're all powered the same way, with miniature ionic battery. Think of it as a small nuclear reactor. A near infinite amount of power supplies by something that could fit in your television remote. However, they can be neutralized with the right amount of radiation from a particular element. What that element is, I haven't discovered yet... but I'm getting close."

"And if we can neutralize their weapons, then we really will have an advantage," Power Girl stated, punching her fist into her palm. "I've come to learn that they rely on their technology, and most of them aren't much stronger than ordinary humans. Makes ripping them apart a piece of cake."
Back to top Go down
Nyrax123
Kage
Kage
Nyrax123

PostSubject: Re: The Next Generation   The Next Generation - Page 37 EmptySun Feb 12, 2012 9:41 pm

Neal listened as everyone explained what the tentative plan was. They had no strict plan to follow, only trying to come up with a plan that would allow them to defeat the enemy leader and hope to stop the rest of the troops once that was taken care of. Along with that, Lex was trying to come up with a scientific discovery that would allow them to stop the weapons that were capable of killing them. It was a good plan, but only if they were able to figure out the needed information. Things still seemed quite bleak to Neal, and he had no idea how he was going to be able to help. Deathstroke had taught him strategy, but not to fight a war.

Neal turned to Dick and looked towards him. "I'm still new to what's going on here, but whatever you need me to do don't hesitate to ask. I'll do everything that I can to help defeat whoever these people are" he insisted as he took a seat of his own.

Neal gave a small sigh and shook his head. "I still can't believe that all of this happened, and I can't even remember any of it taking place"
Back to top Go down
Kenji
Kage
Kage
Kenji

PostSubject: Re: The Next Generation   The Next Generation - Page 37 EmptySun Feb 12, 2012 9:48 pm

"Well, for right now," Power Girl said, eyeing him up and down, "we need to get you into something more fitting for a hero. Luthor, what do we have in storage that he can wear?"

Lex glanced up with a small frown. "Never going to come up with a plan if I keep getting interrupted..." he muttered, waving them to follow him. They went to the back of the room, where another door branched off into a storage area, where a lot of various items were kept, everything from weapons to scrap metal. "The combat uniforms are in the back, next to the refrigerator. Dig through and see what you can find. Everything's made from reinforced kevlar material, but even that won't do much against their weaponry. Just pick something that fits." With that, he left the room.

"I guess I'll get dinner started for everyone," Sarah said, moving towards the door. "I hope baked beans and chicken soup works."

Once she was gone, Power Girl folded her arms and walked with Neal over to the back. "Come on, let's see what we can find."
Back to top Go down
Nyrax123
Kage
Kage
Nyrax123

PostSubject: Re: The Next Generation   The Next Generation - Page 37 EmptySun Feb 12, 2012 9:55 pm

Neal glanced down at himself, giving a small laugh as he realized that Power Girl had a point. When Neal left the tower he had just remained in his civilian clothes, and upon waking up here he was wearing the same thing. There was no way he could help in this outfit, not without being a serious liability at least.

Neal followed Lex as he mentioned that there was some spare outfits in the back room that he'd be able to use and should offer sufficient protection. Apparently it was made from reinforced kevlar, which would be a pretty good start to getting an upgrade from just civilian clothes. Neal continued to look around until Power Girl insisted that they go forward and try to find something that fit nicely.

As they walked through and looked at what Neal's choices were, he couldn't help but glance over at Power Girl. "Dick mentioned that I died while trying to save Beast Boy and Cyborg, he mentioned something about an explosion.......what exactly happened that day? How did I die?" he asked as he looked over to her. He wasn't sure why he cared so much, but part of him just wanted to know the details. He didn't remember doing anything to save Beast Boy and Cyborg, and he definitely didn't recall an explosion. So what happened that day? And could it possibly explain how he was still alive and here?

Neal kept looking through the outfits, trying to find one that would fit him nicely.
Back to top Go down
Kenji
Kage
Kage
Kenji

PostSubject: Re: The Next Generation   The Next Generation - Page 37 EmptySun Feb 12, 2012 10:07 pm

Power Girl's expression grew more solemn at the question. She let out a long breath and shifted her gaze towards the ground. "I was there when it happened..." she explained. "It was right here in the city. The invaders had been attacking for a while, but they hadn't yet spread out to the surrounding cities. I... I was in Metropolis visiting Atlee at the time. It's the reason I'm still here... I wasn't at the Watchtower when it was attacked, along with the rest of the Justice League."

She rubbed her eyes, shaking her head. "Atlee, Beast Boy, and I came to help as soon as we got word New York was under attack. When we got here, they were... massacring everyone in sight, anyone who got in their way. You Titans were doing everything you could to hold them off, but there were too many... far too many. Beast Boy joined with Cyborg, fighting to push the invaders away from your tower; it seemed like it was one of their prime targets. They didn't notice the ship arriving overhead, though... I did, but I could get through to them. Too many holding me back..."

Power Girl swallowed ran her fingers through her hair. "You saw it, too, though. You jumped in the water craft, the one you used to get back and forth from the island, you tried to get their attention, tried to get them to come to the craft so you could get off the island... but you were too late. The moment you landed and stepped onto the shore, the ship fired. You... you were just gone. All three of you. The tower, the entire island, just... vaporized. And then Atlee tried to take down the ship. She was so angry, she didn't... she wasn't looking... she..."

Her words stumbled. She couldn't bring herself to say anymore, the memory was too painful. Wiping away her tears, she shook her head and sniffled. "I'm sorry, I just... that was a painful day for all of us."
Back to top Go down
Nyrax123
Kage
Kage
Nyrax123

PostSubject: Re: The Next Generation   The Next Generation - Page 37 EmptySun Feb 12, 2012 10:13 pm

Neal listened silently as Power Girl explained the story about what happened on that day, the day that Neal died. He heard everything that she said, as she backed up what Dick said about how Neal had tried to save Beast Boy and Cyborg before he got blown up along with them. It sounded like the kind of thing that he'd do, he made a promise to himself that he'd never sit back while his friends were in harm's way. So that was the story of what happened huh?

Neal stopped in front of a particular kevlar suit that looked like it might work for him. He felt bad, here Power Girl was about to cry and Neal wasn't even sure what to feel. "I'm sorry for everyone's loss......and I'm sorry if my lack of tears seems to be selfish and cold. I guess I just still can't believe that any of this has happened" he admitted as he looked back to her. The confusion and worry in his eyes would be evident, even if he hadn't been reduced to tears yet.

"I just don't understand how if that all happened how I'm still here. It's been five years since then.....and yet I don't even remember the invasion in the first place. It's like I'm in a nightmare," Neal said to himself as he looked down towards the ground. "I just can't believe that so many of them are really gone, I never thought that we'd be losing a war"
Back to top Go down
Kenji
Kage
Kage
Kenji

PostSubject: Re: The Next Generation   The Next Generation - Page 37 EmptySun Feb 12, 2012 10:19 pm

"None of us did," Power Girl remarked, with a sad sigh. "I guess that was part of the problem... we never thought something like this could happen. We just... we weren't prepared. Simple as that..." Breathing in deeply again, she tried to calm herself to keep from breaking down. She was definitely not someone who cried often, but the deaths of friends could do that to even the most stolid person.

"Anyway, enough of that," she continued, shaking her head slightly. "We have to keep moving forward, not looking back, else we'll never get anywhere. We still have a job to do here, and as long as we're still breathing, we still have a chance. Now, let's see that outfit you got there. Go ahead and try it on."
Back to top Go down
Nyrax123
Kage
Kage
Nyrax123

PostSubject: Re: The Next Generation   The Next Generation - Page 37 EmptySun Feb 12, 2012 10:21 pm

Neal gave a small nod as Power Girl mentioned about how none of them were prepared. He wasn't sure how things were here, but if Superman was gone that was probably another reason why this invasion went off so well. Doomsday had taken one of their best, and there was no way to get him back.

"Yeah you're right, I'm sorry. Just so many questions ya know?" Neal said before taking the kevlar outfit off and placing it on, tightening and adjusting what needed adjusting. Once he was finished he turned and looked at Power Girl. "How does it seem?" he asked curiously.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Next Generation   The Next Generation - Page 37 Empty

Back to top Go down

The Next Generation
Page 37 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 20 ... 36, 37, 38, 39, 40  Next