The Next Generation

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 22 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
Nyrax123
Kage
Kage

PostSubject: Re: The Next Generation   Mon Dec 19, 2011 12:24 am

"I have no idea," Neal admitted as he looked over at Sarah. "It's not something that I like to imagine. The other Titans made it sound like it could be any of their old villains. It makes me wonder what kind of people they have fought before" he admitted. "for now we will just have to do a bit of digging in order to catch the bastard responsible. I don't know what we'll learn from those shells in there though"

Missing-nin
Missing-nin

PostSubject: Re: The Next Generation   Mon Dec 19, 2011 5:10 pm

Shortly thereafter, it was decided that Cyborg, Nightwing, Neal, and Sarah would return inside the mall and try to find some clues as to what had removed people's souls from their bodies. Beast Boy and Starfire would remain behind to look after Raven, who was still feeling sick from the overload of painful emotions she felt. The hard part in all of this was not only going to be finding what had stolen the souls, but also trying to deal with the husks left behind. They had to at least try to not 'kill' them, in case their souls could be restored and their bodies revitalized. But they also had to not become overwhelmed or injured.

"Stick close," Nightwing said, gently easing over the previously barricaded entrance door. There didn't appear to be any of the soulless husks in the immediate vicinity, but he wasn't going to let his guard down. "Cyborg, use your scanners to see if you can locate any high energy hot spots. If the souls are being stored nearby somewhere, you'll likely get an energy reading off the charts."

"Way ahead of you," Cyborg stated, flipping up a panel on one of his mechanical arms. He pressed a few buttons, causing the panel to emit a steady beeping. "Seems to be something coming from... that direction." He pointed to the left.

Sarah moved closely behind Nightwing and Cyborg, constantly looking around for any signs of those zombie things that could attack at any moment. Sure, she had superpowers, but zombies still freaked her out. And was it just her, or did the temperature in the place suddenly drop a few degrees? It felt like an empty chill of death.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Nyrax123
Kage
Kage

PostSubject: Re: The Next Generation   Mon Dec 19, 2011 6:29 pm

Neal had no problem going in with the others, he just wished that he had something more to defend himself with. Nightwing had taught him a little bit about self defense, but he was nowhere on the same level as the others. "Hey Nightwing, any chance you might be able to lend me a few gadgets or something later? My powers are good but not when people are right on top of me........or for those who have no mind to trick", he muttered as he thought about the husks. If they really had no souls, they probably didn't feel fear or hesitate in any form.

As they moved further into the building, Neal glanced over to Cyborg as they said what direction they should move to in order to find the souls of the bodies. God that was a strange thought to have. Their first case and they were dealing with like Necromancy crap! And here Neal thought they might just be fighting a few thugs or something, apparently not. "God I have a bad feeling about this place", he said to Sarah who he was standing closest to. "I know we have powers and all...........but this is just super unnatural"

Missing-nin
Missing-nin

PostSubject: Re: The Next Generation   Tue Dec 20, 2011 12:00 am

"Here," Nightwing said, reaching into his utility belt and passing a few various items over to Neal. "Net guns, stun charges, and smoke grenades. The net runs are self explanatory, they fire a weighted net woven out of promethium cables. It'll trap whatever it catches, and it won't be getting out. The stun charges deliver a powerful electrical charge to the target. Just push the button and press the bottom to whatever you want to stun, and they'll go down like a bag of bricks. And smoke grenades.. well, yeah, you can figure out what those do. Make good use of them."

Cyborg glanced up from his panel. "You know, might not be a bad idea to give the kid some personal lessons. He's got a point; if someone gets on top of him, he's at a disadvantage."

Nightwing stopped and looked back. He seemed to be considering it. "Alright, I suppose it couldn't hurt. If you want, Neal, I'll teach you some... physical techniques, to go along with your mental ones. When we get back, of course. We have a job to do now."

As they continued through the mall, following Cyborg's signal, Sarah couldn't help but notice that it seemed rather empty now. The husks that had been formerly roaming the place and attacking them had seemed to have vanished. But where did they go? "Anyone have a bad feeling all of a sudden?" she asked. "I mean, as glad as i am to not be attacked by zombies right now, I have to wonder where they've all gone."

"Maybe we'll find out," Cyborg said, turning to keep up with the signal. "I just got a hot reading." He opened a door and led them into a storage room, which contained an access to a stairwell that led down. They were heading into the basement levels.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Nyrax123
Kage
Kage

PostSubject: Re: The Next Generation   Tue Dec 20, 2011 12:09 am

Neal just blinked in surprise as Nightwing reacted so quickly to his request. He didn't think that Nightwing would be ready to help him out with hardly a word said to the guy. He looked at each device and made sure to listen to how Nightwing was describing them. He didn't want to do something stupid and end up getting himself caught in a net that was pretty inescapable. "Alright, I'll make sure not to shoot myself in the foot with any of these", he said with a laugh as he attached all of the items to his belt that came onto the suit.

"Yeah I understand, I just wanted to mention it. My illusions are useful, but they aren't exactly going to knock anyone unconscious on their own", Neal said with a tiny laugh. It wasn't that he thought his power was weak, but compared to Sarah it just wasn't as good at clearing a room as hers was. He needed to learn how to fight someone should they get the drop on him. "Thanks, we'll talk once we're done", he added as they kept moving forward.

"You are definitely not the only one being freaked out by all of this", Neal said as they kept moving forward. All the bodies were one thing, but now it was creepy that they had all just vanished or at least gone into hiding. What would they gain from hiding? It wasn't like they had the speed to ambush them right? "Than again, considering what we're dealing with I'll be creeped out by anything at this point", he pointed out as they moved to the stairs that lead to the basement.

Missing-nin
Missing-nin

PostSubject: Re: The Next Generation   Tue Dec 20, 2011 12:36 am

"Down this way," Cyborg aid, pointing left at the hallway they now found themselves in. It was a maintenance tunnel of some kind, filled with all sorts of pipes traveling along the walls and ceiling. The perfect place to hide yourself if you were doing something... disturbing. "The signal's getting stronger. Keep close, and be prepared for anything."

They continued down a long series of twists and turns, until finally they neared the end of the tunnels. In the distance, they could see a flickering purple light coming from beneath the door to a room beyond, perhaps the boiler room or something. Cyborg glanced at Nightwing, who nodded back to him. He gave a silent signal to the other two behind them to get ready. Crouching behind the door, they waited for a moment, and then breached the room.

Cyborg literally kicked the door down, as Nightwing rolled into the room next to him. Sarah moved to the other side, and just kind of took a defensive stance, not knowing what exactly to expect. What she saw... was unlike anything she'd ever seen before. The room was completely empty, save for a small pedestal made entirely out of what looked like dark energy. Tiny orbs of white light floated around near the bulbous top, with inky black tendrils whipping out aimlessly.

"The fuck is that?" Cyborg wondered out loud, squinting at it. "Never seen anything like it."

Nightwing paused, staring at the mass of... whatever it was. "Neither have I. But whatever it is, I'm betting it's what stole those people's souls. Or at least what's containing them."

"Sounds about right," Cyborg stated, looking at his wrist panel. "Energy readings are off the charts. We're going to have to figure out just what this is and how to get it to relinquish those souls. We'll have to call in Raven to help."

Just as he was about to make the call, however, another voice broke the silence, as a figure stepped out from a shadowy corner. Either that or he appeared out of thin air, it was anybody's guess really.

"Ah, and so the Titans finally arrive," the voice said. The man stepped into the light, revealing him to be what looked like a well groomed, clean cut middle eastern man wearing blue robes. "Two of which I recognize, and two of which I've never seen before. How curious."

Nightwing glared at the man. "Who are you?"

"Ah, that's right, we've yet to be properly introduced," the man said, giving an over gracious bow. "The name is Faust, Felix Faust."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Nyrax123
Kage
Kage

PostSubject: Re: The Next Generation   Tue Dec 20, 2011 12:46 am

Neal kept moving with the others, following Cyborg who was using his light and scanner in order to lead the way. As much as Neal wanted to be up front, he knew that it would be best if he stayed a bit back this time around. They still had zero idea about who they were dealing with after all, anything could be the cause of what was going on. They needed to play this smart, and for that Sarah and Neal would have to make sure to help and not get in the way.

As Cyborg kicked the door down, Neal pulled out the net gun that Nightwing had only just given him. If there was anyone on the other side they would need to be ready to capture them as quickly as possible. As they moved in though it was apparent that they were dealing with something much darker than anyone had suspected. "Magic", Neal said to himself as he saw the dark energy. It was the only possible explanation for what was going on, only someone similar to himself or Raven could do something like this. Soul removal was no ordinary power.

Neal gave a nod in agreement as they decided that Raven was going to be the only person that could help in this situation. For all they knew she might not be able to do anything either, but she was the only one that might have a slight chance. However, before she could be called he nearly jumped in surprise as someone appeared. He immediately turned and pointed the net gun at the new stranger, not wanting to take any chances with him.

Faust, it wasn't a name that Neal recognized at all. He doubted that Nightwing or Cyborg knew either, given that they asked the man who he was. Neal just glanced over to Nightwing, looking for any sort of signal for what to do. Neal just wanted to shoot and capture the guy, but he wanted to wait to see if Nightwing had some other plan.

Missing-nin
Missing-nin

PostSubject: Re: The Next Generation   Tue Dec 20, 2011 12:57 am

"Never heard of you," Nightwing said, eyeing the man carefully. He already had a hand on his baton.

"Ah, but you will," Faust replied, wagging a finger at them. "You will be hearing a lot more of me in the time to come." Turning back to the mass of purple and black energy, he opened his arms up and raised them above his head. "Behold, my soul well. Isn't it glorious? Capable of siphoning hundreds of souls from a target location in a matter of minutes. It is by far my favorite spell."

Cyborg raised his sonic blaster. "So, you're the one behind the souls stealing. But why? What do you need them for?"

Faust chuckled. "Please, as if I would stand here and monologue my entire plan to you."

"Damn, that usually works..." Cyborg muttered.

"Now, put that thing away before you hurt yourself." Faust waved a hand, and then suddenly Cyborg's entire right arm exploded. Well, below the elbow anyway, which was good considering that part was all mechanical. "Do try not to disturb the soul well. This is a delicate process, after all."

Cyborg dropped to a knee, examining his damaged arm. "What the shit, how'd he do that? This is going to take some serious time in the shop to fix!"

"This stops, Faust!" Nightwing declared, taking out one of the net guns. "You will return those souls to where they came from!" Taking aim, he fired the gun, causing the metal net to rush through the air on target... until it stopped in midair, turned around, and flew straight back at Nightwing, who only barely managed to roll to the side and avoid being caught in his own trap.

Sarah took initiative to do something, raising a hand and charging up flicker orange energy into her hand. She fired it off in the form of a powerful beam seconds later. Only problem was, the beam deflected off of some kind of invisible barrier, bouncing away and blasting into the wall, causing debris to fly everywhere.

"Please," Faust stated, turning back around to face them. "I've been practicing the magical arts for five thousand years. Mere children like yourself cannot hope to match me!" Raising both hands, he cast out a wave of what looked like rippling sparks, which crackled intot he air and then exploded all around the Titans.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Nyrax123
Kage
Kage

PostSubject: Re: The Next Generation   Tue Dec 20, 2011 1:09 am

Neal narrowed his eyes as Faust continued to talk. This dude was all evil, everything pointed to it. Whatever he needed the souls for, it wasn't something that Neal wanted him to succeed at. Anyone that was low enough to steal souls from helpless victims wasn't better than scum in Neal's opinion. This dude was going down, they'd see to that.

Of course, the prospect of that just became much more bleak as within a moment Cyborg's right arm seemed to completely explode upon itself. Neal just looked in shock, wondering how on earth Faust had been able to do that much damage to Cyborg without even saying anything. However he had done it, it wasn't something that Neal wanted to get hit by. His suit might be nice, but it might as well be paper compared to the armor that made up Cyborg.

Neal quickly put away his net gun as Faust showed that he would easily dodge it if Neal used the same thing. Maybe if Faust was distracted, but for the moment Neal would have to come up with a new plan to take on the guy. Physical attacks didn't seem to work, not even Sarah's energy blasts would stop the man. Perhaps he'd still be able to fall for illusions as a trick? He couldn't hurt Faust with his illusions, but he might force the man to make a mistake of some kind.

As the explosion was activated, Neal found himself flying into the wall behind him, crashing and landing against it from the force of impact. Damn, that had hit a lot harder than Neal had expected. He quickly looked up towards Faust, looking into his eyes to try to make the illusions work. He would need to make Faust think something was a bigger threat than Sarah or Nightwing so they could get an attack on him. Without much time to think he quickly caused a green tiger to appear on the side of Faust's vision, hoping that the sorcerer would think that Beast Boy was coming in for a sneak attack.

Missing-nin
Missing-nin

PostSubject: Re: The Next Generation   Wed Dec 21, 2011 8:08 pm

"Down, Kitty," Faust said, waving his hand. The illusion swirled and vanished. "You insult me if you believe simple parlor tricks will work on a sorcerer of my caliber. Is that really all you can do? Ha!" He then snapped his fingers, causing the floor beneath Neal to erupt and explode upward.

Sarah rolled over, holding her hands to her ears. They were ringing something awful after that last blast. She blinked and saw spots, but they fortunately disappeared rather quickly. Looking up, she saw Nightwing and Cyborg both recovering and trying to regroup for a counter attack. However, another wave of Faust's hands, and they suddenly suspended in midair and crashed into the wall.

"It's no good," Nightwing grunted. "I don't have anything to use against magic like this."

"Of course you don't," Faust added, holding his other arm up. Sarah had been about to release another energy blast, only to have it backfire in her face and send her spinning head over heals backwards. "Few do, and none of them are present in this room. Now, I can't have you continuing to try and stop me, so I'm afraid you will all have to die. A pity, but I don't need any of you."

Faust held his hands together, charging them with some kind of magical energy. Just as he went to release whatever spell he had prepared, however, a portal suddenly opened up in front of him. From through the portal came a giant bird formed of black mass. It screeched and flew through the air, striking Faust full force and sending him reeling backward. A moment later, Raven came through the portal as well. She appeared in bad condition still, sweating and with a pained look on her face, and her hood drawn down. But she also looked angry.

"Felix Faust!" she cried out, holding a hand up. The black mass reformed into another raven, this time swirling around the man and lifting him up.

Faust merely smiled and shouted, holding his arms up and dispelling the swirling black energy. "Ah, and so the great Raven makes her appearance. How nice to see you again. You, I will be needing. Eventually. But as for now, I think it is time for me to take my leave. my soul well has been simmering for long enough." Then, with a snap of his fingers, he was gone. The soul well, too, vanished into thin air.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Nyrax123
Kage
Kage

PostSubject: Re: The Next Generation   Wed Dec 21, 2011 11:04 pm

Well, that didn't work anywhere near as well as Neal had hoped. Not only had Faust forced his illusion to vanish without practically any effort, but it seemed like he saw it as nothing more than a joke. He could probably identify what it was immediately. How was Neal going to be able to help take down a guy that could see through every illusion he cast at him? The situation only seemed to get worse as Neal thought that he felt something. Before he could even react the floor beneath Neal shot up like an explosion had taken place, forcing Neal to crash into the ceiling before landing on the ground.

"God damn it", Neal muttered as he forced himself to get on his knees. Nothing was broken, but he was definitely sore all over the place. No illusions and no tools were going to work on this guy. What on earth were they supposed to do about it!? The situation seemed all but hopeless as the others seemed to have their abilities thrown back at them as well. Was this really it? Their first day out in the field and they were going to die at the hands of THIS guy? This was the definition of sucky.

Of course, things began to get a little bit brighter as a few person emerged. Neal couldn't help but grin as none other than Raven appeared. If anyone's abilities would affect this guy, it was going to be Raven. Unfortunately, he decided to leave before they could launch a full coordinated attack. Neal was quiet for a moment before looking over at Sarah. "First day........not as good as I was hoping it'd be"

Missing-nin
Missing-nin

PostSubject: Re: The Next Generation   Wed Dec 21, 2011 11:25 pm

"Yeah..." Sarah mumbled, holding her throbbing head. "The only one I hurt with my powers was myself." Not quite how she had been hoping things to go.

"Man..." Cyborg said, looking up at his busted arm. "That guy was a dick."

Nightwing looked around at his teammates. "Everyone alright? Status report."

"Nothing a little maintenance won't fix," Cyborg replied. "I got replacements in the meantime, anyway."

"Just sore," Sarah said. She let out a sigh and stood up, trying to regain her poise.

Raven turned around to face them. She looked remarkably better than she had just a few moments before, almost completely normal. "I am well, now that the tormented souls are gone. I do not feel their pain anymore."

"Say, you knew that guy's name," Cyborg commented. "And he seemed to know you. Have you met him somewhere before?"

"Yes," she explained. "During my time with the Sentinels of Magic, we crossed paths with Faust on several occasions. He is a very powerful sorcerer, who discovered a sort of pseudo-immortality by taking over the bodies of others with his own soul. His power has only grown over the years, but fortunately he is not invincible. The last time we heard of him, Black Adam castrated him. With his bare hands. Though, that was a different body. It appears Faust has taken on a new one now."

Nightwing thought deeply about this information. "Do you know why he might be stealing souls?"

"He has tried it before," Raven explained, "in order to use their energy to increase his own power. But the Sentinels of Magic have stopped him each time. To go at it again just seems redundant and futile. I fear he may have a different motive now. But we will have to worry about that later. There is a crisis outside. Those that had their souls removed have escaped the mall, no doubt Faust's doing. They're attacking the police force and civilians alike. Beast Boy and Starfire are already on the job, but we must assist them."

---

"I take it everything is in order?" the man in the shadows questioned.

Faust folded his arms and sat cross legged on a large silk pillow, resting. "Of course. The initial stages have begun, but it will be a long process. The amount of souls required for your little ritual will take much time to harvest."

The man chuckled. "Please, all I have is time." There was a small pause. "And Raven... she was there? Still with the Titans?"

"Oh yes." Faust held his hands behind his head now, lazily. "A beauty, of course. I can see why you married her. Just remember your end of the bargain, Sebastian. I am doing a lot for you here. I even returned your soul to a physical body. You had better follow through on your promise."

The man glared at him. "Don't call me that," he ordered. "And don't worry; once this is all done with, my lord will give you the power you desire. You will be the most powerful sorcerer in the world; everything you've ever wanted."

Faust smirked. "Good."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Nyrax123
Kage
Kage

PostSubject: Re: The Next Generation   Wed Dec 21, 2011 11:38 pm

"Oh you know, a bit of wounded pride and a bit sore. Other than that I believe that the damage will fade within a day", Neal said as Nightwing asked for a status report. It was mainly the fact that they weren't able to hurt this guy at all that bothered Neal. They were supposed to be Titans, the good guys! How could this guy be so powerful that none of their attacks worked on him!? He and Sarah were supposed to be contributing to the team, but what good were they on a guy who flicked his wrist and could turn all their attacks back on themselves?

Neal listened as Raven recounted who Faust was, listening to how he had been around and constantly swapped bodies. So that was what he had meant by being around for five thousand years! The dude never gave himself the chance to die, he always took a younger body in place. God, Neal only imagined how many lives Faust must have ruined over the course of his existence. Neal wasn't sure how they were going to do it, but they needed to figure out how to take this guy down.

Of course, that was going to have to wait. Apparently Faust was going to make sure his escape was covered. How did he send all of them out while escaping? This guy was good. Neal didn't know how, but he'd have to work even harder to try to make a difference against this guy. At his current skill level, he would just weigh the team down. "Alright, let's go before those things do who knows what to them", Neal finally said as he moved upstairs. The only thing he figured he could do was make distractions while the rest of the team took out the souless ones, he might be able to new a few though.

Missing-nin
Missing-nin

PostSubject: Re: The Next Generation   Thu Dec 22, 2011 12:01 am

Outside could best be described as chaos. Imagine a bunch of people being attacked by hundreds of zombies in the streets and... well, you'd have exactly what was happening. Civilians ran frantically, officers futilely emptied entire clips into them without slowing them down, and everyone was screaming. Starfire and Beast Boy were there, doing the best they could to defend as many people as they could, but they were only two people and could not help everyone. Here and there, civilians and cops went down, mauled by the mindless husks.

"Titans, move!" Nightwing declared. He turned to Neal then and gave him an extendable baton. "Here, use this for now." Then, he leaped into the fray, throwing bat...er bird... birdarangs? We'll go with that. Throwing birdarangs at the zombies' heads.

"Aim for the heads!" Cyborg called out to a group of nearby cops, pointing out Nightwing's tactic. "Damn, doesn't anyone watch any zombie flicks?"

Sarah didn't need anymore invitation to help out. She was already blasting the zombies with energy beams and shockwaves alike and trying to save everyone she could. She was a hero now, as odd as it sounded, so it was time to start acting like one.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Nyrax123
Kage
Kage

PostSubject: Re: The Next Generation   Thu Dec 22, 2011 12:12 am

Neal got outside and saw the chaos and panic that was going on. It really WAS like being on an episode of the walking dead! Still, now was not the time to be thinking about an awesome television series, this was the time to be saving the day! Neal glanced over at the baton that Nightwing had given him. Oh please, what could this possibly do!? Of course Neal didn't have enough time to think about it as a zombie thing popped up next to him. Without even thinking Neal just swung the baton and took out the thing's jaw before he smashed it down and it lay still. He flipped the baton in his hand. "Better than I thought", he admitted with a smile to himself.

Like the others, Neal went to work to stop as many zombies as he could. His main strategy consisted of making an illusion of a particularly fat and slow person in order to draw the zombie's attention. Once they turned their backs Neal quickly moved in to beat them down. He glanced over at Sarah who was using her energy to fight. "Seems like we're doing a bit better this time around yeah?", he asked before swinging his baton at another enemy.

Missing-nin
Missing-nin

PostSubject: Re: The Next Generation   Tue Dec 27, 2011 1:33 am

"A bit better," Sarah replied, scattering a group of zombies with a shockwave. They flew headfirst into a nearby wall, effectively stopping them in their tracks. Now this was something she could get used to... much more so than being owned by some immortal sorcerer who beat them without so much as breaking a sweat. That had not gone well at all...

The chaos subsided a short while later. Though there were a lot of zombie things running around, with the Titans on the job, they were all put down swiftly, and with minimal casualties. Sarah wished they could have done more, but even she had to realize that, despite being superheroes, they couldn't save everyone. That was probably the hardest part about this job, facing the ones you couldn't save.

"Everyone okay?" Nightwing asked, as the Titans regrouped. All around them, police officers were securing the location and assessing the situation. News crews had already arrived to cover the story.

"No injuries to report," Raven informed. She had already inspected everyone. "Everyone is fine."

"Good," Nightwing said. "Once we're done here, we need to figure out what to do about Faust, and how we're even going to find him. We should get going soon."

Before they would get a chance to do anything, though, a field reporter and her cameraman suddenly approached the group, already in the middle of the story.

"But fortunately, the situation was calmed before things could get out of hand, thanks in large part to the city's very own heroes, the Titans," the reporter explained. She suddenly stopped right in front of the group and turned to them. "The city has come count on you all in sticky situations, and I for one am grateful you're here, as are many others. We've all grown to know you well, too, but it appears you have a couple new faces with you today. Care to introduce your friends to the public? I bet they're all dying to know who they are."

Nightwing just sort of looked back and forth for a moment. This wasn't exactly what he wanted to be dealing with at the moment, but there was no escaping it now. Cyborg, on the other hand, took the reigns, taking center stage on camera. "Sure thing everybody!" he declared, gesturing at the two newest Titans. "Right here we have two very special guests, the newest additions to our team. That's right, the Titans family is bigger, stronger, and better than ever!"

The reporter chuckled at Cyborg's enthusiasm, and continued, "I see. Well, I'll consider it a good thing to know that the city has another couple of super powered heroes protecting it. Makes me feel even safer. But how about formally introducing yourselves? Can you tell us your names? Or rather, what the public should call you?"

Before Sarah knew it, she had a microphone pressed in front of her face. She just sort of stared at the camera, shell shocked, with her mouth slightly open. "Uh....." she started, blinking. "I'm... well... you can call me... Nova. Yes, that's it, I'm Nova."

"Well, a pleasure to meet you, Nova," the reporter said, smiling. "I'm sure the rest of the city would agree with me when I say, thank you for everything you've done and will do for us in the future as part of the Titans." Shen then moved the microphone in front of Neal's face. "And you are?"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Nyrax123
Kage
Kage

PostSubject: Re: The Next Generation   Tue Dec 27, 2011 1:49 am

Neal kept fighting as well as he could, doing whatever he could in order to make the fighting easier for anyone else. Whether it was causing mass confusions among the zombies, or distracting one as someone was about to be hit from behind. Neal was certain that he wasn't taking down anywhere near as much as anyone else, but he was helping out in his own way and that was good enough for him. The battle went on for a short time more, but the enemy was no match against the combined might of the Titans.

"Yeah, all good over here", Neal said in agreement with what Raven was already saying. He didn't really know why he confirmed it, he just wanted to give his own progress report on how he was feeling. Raven obviously knew, so next time he'd just have to let her handle the status report. She could probably see things that the rest of them couldn't.

Before Nightwing could give any more instructions, they suddenly had reporters swarming them, wanting to know who the new people on the team were. Neal should have seen this coming, but he supposed that he didn't think that he'd have to introduce himself! He supposed that he was lucky, at least he was wearing a full mask over his face. No one would be able to see the sweat on his brow as he thought about the question. What did he want to be known as? What name did he want to leave etched in history?

Neal wanted to play it safe, he wanted to make sure that no one would hear his voice. He used his power to create a more echo/dreamy voice than his normal one. "You may call me Fade", he finally said as he looked right towards the camera.

Missing-nin
Missing-nin

PostSubject: Re: The Next Generation   Tue Dec 27, 2011 2:03 am

"Oooh, how mysterious," the reporter said with a chuckle. "I'm certain people will remember that one. Well, there you have it, everyone. The two newest members of your very own Titans, Nova and Fade. I'm sure we'll all be seeing more of them in the future."

Nightwing took that moment to step forward. "Now, we really must be going. We have work to do."

And with that, he led the Titans away from the gathering crowds and the cameras, and back to their headquarters, the tower. As wonderful as siting around pandering to adoring fans could be, they had important and urgent matters to handle. Back in the main gathering room in the tower, Nightwing and Cyborg headed over to the computer immediately.

"I'm going to analyze the energy readings you took earlier," Nightwing explained. "Maybe if I modify the systems to scan for the right reading, we can get a hit on where Faust is, or at least where he next decides to strike."

"You got it," Cyborg said, flipping out a data disk from somewhere on his metallic body. "In the meantime, I'm going to grab one of my spare arms. I'll be back."

Raven floated in behind them. "If you will excuse me, I am going to try and contact the Sentinels of Magic. Having worked with them before, and having crossed paths with Faust before, perhaps they may be able to offer us some assistance."

"Good idea," Nightwing agreed, nodding. "We could use all the help we can get with this."

"So... what do you want us to do?" Sarah asked, standing somewhat off to the side.

Nightwing looked back at her. "Beast Boy, Starfire, take Neal and Sarah to the combat room and get some practice in with them. You know what to do."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Nyrax123
Kage
Kage

PostSubject: Re: The Next Generation   Tue Dec 27, 2011 2:18 am

Neal just gave a nod as the reported seemed to compliment the name. He couldn't decide whether or not she was being sarcastic or not, hopefully she was being honest about the name. Neal had to come up with it on the spot, he'd have to make sure to ask the others later about the name. If it was dumb it could be changed later right? It wasn't like there was a rule on that kind of thing!

As they went back to the tower Neal stayed close to Sarah as Cyborg and Nightwing talked about their next plans, even listening to Raven as she said she would try to make contact with those that had met Faust before. It all sounded like a good plan, but none of it involved Neal, Sarah, or the rest of the Titans. Neal was just about to ask what they should be before Sarah beat him to it.

As Nightwing gave them the instructions, Neal couldn't help but be curious about what was about to happen. "Hey, what do you think he meant about how they knew what to do?", he asked to Sarah in a whisper. It almost sounded like they had done this before, but what could Nightwing be referring to? Before they went off with Beast Boy and Starfire, Neal glanced at Sarah one more time. "Uh, you look really nice in your suit ya know........and ya did really well out there today", he said before taking a small breath.

Missing-nin
Missing-nin

PostSubject: Re: The Next Generation   Tue Dec 27, 2011 2:29 am

Sarah merely shrugged when Neal asked her what she thought was going to happen. She had no better clue than he did, after all. Whatever it was, though, didn't exactly sound easy. Or friendly. Nothing called 'the combat room' could possibly be friendly. When Neal then commented on her outfit and how she did earlier, she blinked in surprise and looked back at him.

"Oh, I, uh, thank you," she said, unprepared for the compliment. "You too."

Her attention was pulled away by a sudden proclamation by Starfire. "Welcome, friends!" she declared, throwing open a door. "This is the combat room!" The room she was referring to was a completely empty space, though a large one. The walls, floor, and ceiling seemed to be made out of thick metal, as if built to resist a bomb blast or something.

"This is where we do the intense training," Beast Boy explained. "The entire room is made out of promethium, strongest alloy on the planet. It'll contain pretty much anything... let's us go all out when we train." He gave a big grin and then ran out into the middle of the room. "This is how it's gonna work. You two are a team. Me and Starfire are a team. Two versus two, no holds barred, winner take all! ...not that there's anything to take. Well, me and Cyborg usually bet on this, but he's not here right now, so forget that. Anyway, last team standing wins."

"Do not worry," Starfire said, holding her hands together and smiling. "We will go easy on you."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Nyrax123
Kage
Kage

PostSubject: Re: The Next Generation   Tue Dec 27, 2011 2:35 am

Neal smiled as Sarah seemed to appreciate the compliment. He opened his mouth to say something more, but found that he was soon cut off by Starfire and Beast Boy explaining what they were about to do. "Wow.......this is a really nice room", he said mostly to himself since the others already explained all of the details about it. It probably COULD survive a bomb blast if it was made of such thick stuff. He was still fascinated by the room, until he heard what they were going to be doing.

They.....were going to fight? As much as Neal had enjoyed working WITH the Titans, fighting against them seemed to be a lot more lethal. Could he even survive a starbolt from Starfire should she fire it right at him? He had no idea. "I'm not sure that I like the sound of this", he muttered to Sarah. His power was illusion! It meant that Sarah would have to do all the fighting while he provided support! How were they supposed to win against two powers like the Titans had?

"No chance you got a plan or anything like that?", Neal asked as he glanced at Sarah. Starfire and Beastboy had worked together for some time, they wouldn't need to coordinate their moves. Neal and Sarah didn't have the same advantage.

Missing-nin
Missing-nin

PostSubject: Re: The Next Generation   Tue Dec 27, 2011 2:40 am

Sarah blinked in disbelief. Oh, boy, this was going to be swell! She suddenly didn't feel so well. "Uh... plan?" she muttered, glancing back at him. "Well, judging from what we know about each other, I think it's best if I focus on Starfire." Since their abilities were so similar, and so much more destructive than the boys, it only made sense. "I guess that means you take care of Beast Boy?"

She looked back over at the two, seeing that Beast Boy had transformed into a saber toothed tiger. "Um... good luck with that."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Nyrax123
Kage
Kage

PostSubject: Re: The Next Generation   Tue Dec 27, 2011 2:48 am

"Alright, all we need to do is win one of the fights and the other can go to the aid of the other", Neal said as he saw the tiger form that beast boy had turned into. "Don't worry, we can do this!"

----

"Well that didn't pan out as well as I had hoped", Neal muttered as he felt like his ribs were about to pop out of his chest. He and Sarah were downed on the floor, both in a pretty decent amount of pain. The fight had started off alright, but ultimately Saran and Neal were each warned down by their enemies. Starfire's experience and resilience ultimately made her power superior to Sarah's young power. Neal...........just got hurt badly. At first he had tried to trick Beast Boy with several things, but since Beast Boy knew that everything Neal made was fake, it wasn't very easy. Neal had pleased himself by tricking beast boy into running into a wall. Of course, one gorilla punch later and Neal wasn't feeling so hot.

"I give myself a C-", Neal said with a tiny laugh.

Missing-nin
Missing-nin

PostSubject: Re: The Next Generation   Tue Dec 27, 2011 3:06 am

"Ow..." Sarah muttered, unable to even sit up straight. Her body hurt too much. Though from a purely visual standpoint, she and Starfire had pretty much beaten the crap out of each other, she was the one who had got the worst of it. Most of what she threw at Starfire barely seemed to slow her down; if that alien felt any pain, she didn't show it much. On the other hand, Starfire's starbolts hit like a freaking truck. Even with the protection of her specially armored costume, her ribs were throbbing out of her chest.

At the very least, Starfire looked roughed up. Even if she didn't feel anything, it certainly looked like she'd taken a beating. Her hair was in disarray, her skin was scuffed in various places, she even had a cut below her left eye. Oh, that and her outfit had torn completely off, considering all it took was on little tear for the entire thing to snap. It was amazing that such a thing didn't happen more often.

"That was wonderful practice!" Starfire declared, smiling widely. "You both did very well for ones so new this. I am most pleased with your progress. Now, we should all get cleaned up. Sarah, come join me in the shower and we can wash each other."

Even if Sarah had wanted to protest, she wouldn't have had the chance. In her condition, she let herself get carried off, pleased that she didn't have to walk herself. She doubted she could take four steps before collapsing.

When the girls were gone, Beast Boy transformed back into his normal form and walked over to Neal, holding a hand out to help him up. "Not bad for someone with no physical powers. That mental stuff is some real trippy shit, though. I reckon you'll be quite the formidable opponent once Nightwing gets done with you. Trust me, that guy'll turn you into a machine."

Beast Boy then looked up, left, right, and then back at Neal again. He had a devilishly mischievous look in his eye. "Anyway... now that the girls have hit the showers, I think it's the perfect time to show you me and Cy's extra special surveillance system."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Nyrax123
Kage
Kage

PostSubject: Re: The Next Generation   Tue Dec 27, 2011 6:14 am

"Thanks, appreciate it", Neal said as he took Beast Boy's hand and used it to help himself stand up. He was still a bit wobbly and so he used the wall for support until his legs were able to support his full body weight. He took several deep breaths and just let himself rest for a moment. Sweat was pouring down his forehead as he needed to use all his energy to outrun the various forms that Beast Boy had taken on. "Hopefully Nightwing will train me a bit more soon. If I had anywhere near his fighting skill in combination, I think I'd be great at this", Neal said in agreement.

Neal couldn't help but raise an eyebrow as Beast Boy looked around the room, as if to see if anyone was watching. He definitely held the look of someone that didn't want to be caught. What was he up to? "Special surveillance system?", Neal repeated curiously. "What on earth is that?"

PostSubject: Re: The Next Generation   

Back to top Go down

The Next Generation
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 4 of 40Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 22 ... 40  Next